All Comments on 'Promotion Comes With Strings Attached'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 633 Comments (Page 4)
jblogsjblogsover 1 year ago

Fantastic story - keep writing

Mex9366Mex9366over 1 year ago

Not my favorite of your stories but still5. Loved the angst on is part knowing he still loves her but can't convince himself to roll over and take it. The contract and his promise of support her is a twist I enjoyed. I would like to think Copy figured out right away and just kept her part of the bargain but you don't put in 18 months and not have feelings for someone. Love or hate

Prince020402Prince020402over 1 year ago

As per my previous comment I had stopped reading at the end of page 4. I had some extra time on my hands so I finished the story. My conclusions:

- You're a good writer and have good editors.

- Your main characters are alcoholics and need help.

- You understand music and the recording industry but really have no idea on how the corporate world works. Nor do you understand how normal adjusted human beings work. In the first 4 pages you wrote Darren as a strong character with moral fiber. You also wrote that their marriage was strong and they loved each other, he giving up his dreams so she could finish college and pursue her dreams. If that were the case, and she was an emotionally stabel individual (and if not he would have seen signs of that earlier in their relationship) the scenario would have played out much differently - and much shorter than 15 pages.

First - lickedysplit comments were accurate. Wyatt had to run a decision for a successor through a BOD and/or they would have been involved in the process. Coby would be vetted against multiple candidates both internal and external. If, indeed someone in their early 30's were chosen it would have to be handled very delicately - meaning any questions of sexual impropriety would not only be allowed, Wyatt and Coby would have to go out of their way to ensure that this was not the case. Way, way too much liability to the compny otherwise. The fact that this mid-level manager leapfrogged over all of the directors and VP's would garner quite a bit of attention.

Second - Assuming that Coby was an intelligent, emotionally rational human being, when presented with Wyatt's "contract" she would quickly deduce two things - that her husband that she loved dearly because of his integrity, pride and work ethiic (your charcter, not mine) would have absolutely nothing to do with this anymore than she would if she were presented with the same scenario by he or his boss, and that it could not possibily remain secret from the rest of the company - waaay too many eyes on them.

At that point her option is very clear. Keep in mind that we're still in the wake of the Me Too movement - hire a lawyer, make the call to HR, or the BOD directly and file a formal complaint. A lawsuit or a settlement would easily pay for her beloved husbands recording studio and would be a wonderful show of appreciation for putting aside his dreams so she coud have this opportunity. Either the settlement or a public lawsuit would have Wyatt dismissed and prossibly charged with a crime. It maight take her while longer to become a CEO but if she is reallly that good there are hundreds of corporations in the LA area that could use her talents. Or, she and Darren could use each of their talents together to buildi a recording company into something great and both would keep thier integrity and marrige in tact (while attending AA meetings).

offkilter123offkilter123over 1 year ago

Shite. Well written shite, but shite nonetheless. As usual from this author.

JayZipJayZipover 1 year ago

You do this kind of story *SO* amazingly well: the initial infidelity, and the male narrator moving on with his work life, and the married couple continuing to swirl around each other for years, finally reaching a new place, together. "Unwanted Swap" is like this, and "Used To Be My Idol". One thing that's striking about these is how you keep such different WORK elements feeling real. Creative work, but in vastly different fields.

Love your work. Best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a ride. Many highs and lows. Some very interesting and confused characters in this story. But - alls well that ends well. No matter how screwed up the characters were.

longhornfanlonghornfanover 1 year ago

What a great story! Totally engrossed in it, until I finished it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

@onlythelonelylove, I like your thought that Coby has shown herself to be too untrustworthy to be given a position of such trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one your best stories and believe me I have read several of them Your words and responses from your characters are really inspiring. This should be required reading for any couple that is having a problem in their life together. You would make a great therapist simply using your gift as a story teller.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

this story did not stay above 4.0 stars for very long. I guess more than a few readers do not appreciate the perpetual wimp/cucks you seem to prefer, as your go-to male characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just stupid cuck shit. I mean, who in the freakin world would put up with a wife like this? Nobody, that's who. Cagi always writes the same thing, he just changes the names and number of pages churning the same issue over and over and over. Dude, go see a shrink. 2 stars.

gldngolfergldngolferover 1 year ago
Well,

If your intention was to compete against, GA's - February Sucks, you succeeded. The wife in your story was more selfish and cruel. Her actions were deliberate, knowing that the outcome would most likely be the death of her marriage. The Feb Suks wife was just as selfish, but delusional to think her actions wouldn't affect her marriage.

Here, the husband was more of a sell out than wimp. He figured if is wife was going to be a whore, he might as well take advantage of it. Another mental weakling. The Feb Suks husband had kids that were the major factor in his decision to stay or go.

The number of comments about this story and the number of "alternate endings" (if allowed) will, I suspect, meet or exceed February Sucks.

God help us all!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Couldn't give it a 5 star. My life story would only take one page and if there were no children one of us would be gone just as soon as she cheated. I liked that they worked it out. One funny thing that when I went to shake hands with whom she cheated with he tried to hurt me with the strength of the gym he went to. But I worked construction and instantly flipped my hands. He must have thought that I was going to hit him and he put his hands up and I locked fingers with him and in a second I had him on his knees begging mercy. That's what we actually called that game. My wife had a fling or an affair with him. It was over before I found out. When I did find out I layed it out as simple as I could. If you want him get out. If you want me you will never be around him again unless one of our children, one of our parents or me. No ifs ands or buts. As far as I know she has never stepped out of line. Our children or none of our family ever knew of her doings. That was another thing if word got around I would leave. I actually made her call him and tell him not ask him. While it was short conversation I grabbed the phone from her and told him he would be taken care of if it ever leaked out then I hung up. The sad thing is that it will never be the same and I told her if she didn't like the way I was acting she could thank herself. Thing were good but they for sure could have been better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can't be hidden. This is a story about a pimp and his whore-wife.

darthnader19darthnader19over 1 year ago

Brilliant as always

alexetlaurealexetlaureover 1 year ago

Such a great story, loved it ! 5 stars

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 1 year ago

Coby and Wyatt have a great two year love affair with lots of sex and life experiences while Darren struggles to build a life that he can be proud of for himself. Darren busted his ass putting through college and then she fucks her way to the top while Darren sits at home knowing what she's doing and Wyatt insists on Darren knowing. Once Darren beats him by having an affair with a lady Wyatt desires he drops Coby sexually because he knows Darren is better at relations with women while Wyatt has to buy his affair. Sorry this is a cuck story disguised as some kind of twisted love affair and I think Darren should have moved on and dumped Coby as the sorry slut whore. Het kids, here's a picture of you mom while she was fucking her way to the top at work!

cyendreycyendreyover 1 year ago

What a bunch of BS

Kilty11Kilty11over 1 year ago

Some of your stories drive me freaking crazy, but they are always entertaining. You are, without a doubt, one of the best writers on this site.

ManoBlueManoBlueover 1 year ago

The way you brow beat the Husbands in your stories is astounding. Justifying anything she did is criminal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some elements in this story grind my gears, but the current score is way low IMO. I enjoy stories that make me feel something, even if it can piss me off at times. I think it did a great job in letting us know the characters (for the main ones) and the writing itself was damn good. I kind of doubt the ratings from an anon count for anything, but I'll give 5 stars for the author's ability here.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

@sbrooks103.Thank you for your shout out. This trope has ALWAYS bothered me. And Cagivagurl stacks the deck in a way that leaves you with a hope that this time they will allow the male protagonist to SPEAK with an emotionally authentic voice. And then they turn away and I don’t understand why. Reading a Cagivagurl story—for me—is akin to Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown. Hope against hope that the end result will be different in these types of story that they like to write. This time Lucy won’t pull the ball away. Dang! The ball got pulled away again… 😞

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yarn, re: @nirod below. I wish these bitter fake tough guys would take a break from the site and retreat to their mothers’ basements and stop biting us with their whining aboutso-called “wimp/chucks” who are almost certainly leading far happier and more fruitful lives than these lonely, bitter prideful, incessantly boring donks. Hey nimrod, go guzzle your second fifth and bite people somewhere else’s. If you don’t like reconciliations, just please fucking moving along and return to baying at the moon with your fellow donks, where you can regale Rach other with delludional stories about your self anointed toughness and dignity🥱 Author — another good grown up piece for the adults in the room

. Thank you 🤙🏿

McDingelMcDingelover 1 year ago

You are a very good writer/author. This story had me so pissed off... But captivated me... Thanks for the emotional wringing-out you give we readers...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wife is a slut the story is aggravating and pointless if she loved her husband she would have reported it. No amount of money is worth what she did to Jer husband. And the balancing of the scale is pure trash

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read it in one sitting. I liked the MC immediately, and thought at last Literotica had a male character to be proud of. To soon. The constant questioning of self and feeling guilty. The accusations that both had signed contract. Her constant insertion of Wyatt in their life. There was an opportunity to finish with a man whole, but author submittedbto need to punish MC to the end. A man's jealousy at his wife's adultery is not juvenile. His ego is who he is, not just a foil for a heartless, selfish stupid women. Contemplate why he would renew with a whore, why would he even think of forgiving her adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
I'm usually a fan

.....but I did not like this one. Coby's purely selfish reasons and conduct just doesn't seem redeemable to me. Darren simply did not deserve it. Such a cutthroat affair says " money, career, and myself are all more important than you" many can be #2 (kids or parents often get put ahead of spouses) but number 4 or 5? Can't make it believable in my brain.

BamaTiderBamaTiderover 1 year ago

I loved this story. I was sorry to see it end. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hated this story but could not stop reading. 5 stars to the Author

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One absolutely unmistakable thing here is that NOBODY is ambivalent about your writing. I think that says a helluva lot! The way some of these smooth brains carp and whine and moan and b*tch and brachiate and gnash their little teeth, you're think they were paying $19.95+tax to read your work.

RocketMan12RocketMan12over 1 year ago

Coby fuck her way to the top and that cuck took her back. Nothing new about this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author either suffers from menopause as is reflected in all her female roles being completely irrational and emotional driven nut jobs or she's swallowed a couple of bottles of the femnazi Kool-aid.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

it's truly sad ..'gurl' is an incredibly talented writer who unfortunately is stuck in a mental warp

dwelling and writing about weak willed men being forced into no win situations time after time and

tolerating circumstances few men would accept. Read "The Date' for 'Gurls' earlier destruction of a decent

loving guy who tries over and over to endure the nonsense thrown at him by his psychotic wife...

There's so much of this story to like..but all based upon an almost unbelievable premise..

Sorry dear but you get to to acccept me fucking another guy fo 18 months and you have no say about it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Not that we tell anyone, but we know, and our marriage is stronger than ever." Awwww, . . ., man, see? Every marriage needs some honest sincere cheating and fucking around to get to the higher plateau of true love, respect, and understanding. It makes sense, when you think about it the right way, you know, don't let the details and the old fashioned outdated shit like ethics and morals and commitment and integrity. Hey, were talking major bucks here, serious coin, and a life long profession of riches and privilege and public esteem, you know, just like some famous politician or celebrity or something. What's a little work place prostitution to make your fortune and to get you ticket punched? I did wonder why you didn't mention the abortion, or her giving Wyatt her virgin ass. What's interesting is you didn't even need to include those trophies in the story. Based on the worthless piece of dog shit wife character you created is there any doubt that Coby would give Wyatt whatever he wanted, including her ass and her child's death? Yeah, no biggie, you do what you gotta do. Yeah, totally, FAG CUCK SHIT. With a heaping helping of disgust and brutal contempt for themselves and each other. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story rehashed the same thing over and over. Could have been alot shorter with more impact. The husband was pussy cuck who sold his soul and his whore was a clueless cunt who couldn't quit talking about her lover and also sold her soul, or maybe her slimy cunt. I was surprised Wyatt didn't get destroyed. Sure as hell deserved it. It was an okay story.

xfac2021xfac2021over 1 year ago

Great Story. Love how you subtly stuck it to Wyatt in the end...

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 1 year ago

5 Stars

-26thNC Approved

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Always look forward to another CG story…but this bird didn’t deserve reconciliation…hard to believe a ceo prospect would be that easily convinced to compromise her integrity. She could so easily been turned into the company whore. However I thought this was different from other Cg stories, maybe the conscious lack of kiwi terms…not sure but still loved it. Nice one. Keep it up CG, time to write the great kiwi novel…

Meisterberger1Meisterberger1over 1 year ago

Great story. Couldn't stop reading it. Loved the music tie in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliantly conceived and executed plot, with an outcome full of rich irony, which the BTB “wimp cuck” criers totally miss. Darren wins decisively in the end. He ends up with: (1) his wife, who he loves deeply irrespective of her “Ageed-upon” affair; (2) based on his enormous musical talent coupled with surprising organic business building and development skills, he deftly builds a hugely successful recoding, song writing, and recording business on his own; after some initial (modest) investment capital from “Wyatt dollars”; (3) steals wyatt’s girlfriend and Hollywood limelight without even trying right in front of Wyatt’s surprised face with the whole world watching; and (4) in the end has the love of his life with a family, the very public knowledge that he’s the genesis of Wyatt’s ex’s enormous success. The latter point is the crux off the irony —- he’s the source of Kailami’s success, which Wyatt has nothing to do with. That was the biggest irony in

The entire Darren, Colby, Wyatt train wreck, that is that Colby never figured out that more than anythingbelse’s, it was her insistently pushing Wyatt’s would be interventions to “help” Darren while fucking his wife as though they were fundamental to Datren’s success thst was the real show killer for Darren,; this just constantly angerd Darren thstbColby daw Wyatt as the lynchpin to her success professionally, AND also to Darren’s realization of his professional dream; this inflation of Wyatt’s prominence and accompanying diminution in Darren’s personal agency is the real crux of the insult, which Colby only comes to realize late; fortunately for her, not too late to salvage the marriage. This is what makes the irony of a Darren’ stable turn so sweet. That is his fucking WyTt’s squeeze and making her a star so publicly, without Wyatt even realizing it until the great public reveal, while Darren’s also fucking her, and good. Having the shot shoved back in Wyatt’s face, in such a public facing way is a brilliant, which the BTB criwdvtoattly misses, not surprising as they ain’t very swift, individually or collectively.

Great story, well told. Pleasing outcome for any minimally rational person 🤙🏿

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

So much disrespect I can not see how he could take her back or why she wanted him back after all she was really having an affair and to have 1 she had no respect for her husband and the final nail was when she broke the rules spending the night at her lovers house over her husband. She was only supposed to be with her lover while travelling

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

... So she's essentially a corporate whore. And he happily staid married to her.

Got it. Thanks for nothing.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Coby just could not respect her husbands wishes. She was suppose to be so smart she could not see her nose. Darren was explicitly detailed in NOT wanting Wyatt involved in his marriage/life, yet every him Coby would rat Darren out to Wyatt. Coby was Wyatt's perfect submissive. Darren had every right to never trust Coby until Wyatt disappeared.

\

The conclusion of the story went itno time-warp and lacked detail. The story drug out over 15 pages for about one years time span to cover +5yrs in a few paragraphs. Wyatt never paid any price if F'ing a marriage unless loosing the narcissistic Kailami was the pain>!@#$^ woopee.

\

Sex was way to detailed only adding length - I skimmed those paragraphs wanting to get into more story plot. I'd say 5 pages too long, some misspells/typo's.

\

3.8*, hooyah

justhorny2justhorny2over 1 year ago

This is one of the best stories I've read.

5 stars. I could go on but suffice to say once I started I couldn't stop.

bpad1bpad1over 1 year ago

The story was decent. His reaction to the idea was a little mild in my opinion. His development of the studio was good. Her attitude was that of a lobotomy recipient. Totally unbelievable. I realize that fiction is “a willing suspension of disbelief “‘ but telling your husband you are going to sleep with your boss six times a month for the next year and a half and expecting him to be happy for you is a little bit too far out there. Sarah was convincing as a therapist. She was also full of shit and no doubt about it. Finally, the ending was weak. The practice of leaving the story un ended is getting very old very quickly. Please don’t do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Immensely readable and most entertaining. Thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cagivagurl’s world view is that women are entitled to whore around for the flimsiest of reasons while their husbands just need to suck it up and get over their fragile male ego. If that’s your cup of tea, great, but this little duck feels that her writing style demands a better and deeper storyline, not one where every male is required to hand in their balls just so they can keep the magic mystical golden vagina in their lives.

Reckon if she wrote a decent story where the male character doesn’t lose his dignity, self esteem and self respect she’d find a hell of a lot more 5 stars.

Locksley7Locksley7over 1 year ago

Your stories are so filled with passion even when they are about the most difficult situations in a marriage. I have loved your writing ever since reading "Best Friends." This latest story is superbly done as always. Everything you write show detailed research and also understanding of human nature. Thank you so much for doing more than filling up space here at literotica. As always, I will delight in what you have already written while waiting anxiously for whatever your next story might be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written story. I didn't agree with some of the characters choices, but hey. My biggest complaint was Coby's insistence that Wyatt was such a great guy and he and Darren should be friends. Very VERY few men are going to be tolerant, much less friendly to a man that stole their wife from them. But it did a good job of showing Coby as a delusional character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Uninspiring story with serious plot deficiencies.

!st, The concept or idea of a protegee or successor being groomed for corporate succession for a position like CEO doesn't exist in today's modern business world. Inside promotion for such positions hasn't been a common business practice for decades. Use to be popular in the 1950's or 1960's but certainly doesn't exist in today's global business culture. Me thinks the author's been "binge" watching too man episodes of "Mad Men" which was set in the 1960's.

Secondly, Coby doesn't have the required educational pedigree for a CEO position. She'd need a quality MBA from one of the top and most prestigious Business schools that would rank in Top MBA Programs in the World. Author only talks about her education in the most general of terms. A simple "Google" search by the author would have produced a list of the Global MBA Rankings of the Top MBA Programs in the World.

Thirdly, Coby doesn't have the extensive professional experience in her resume to qualify for a CEO position at a large Global corporation. As mentioned above, in today's business world there is no "climbing the corporate ladder" or "Working your way from the Bottom to the Top" any more. Candidates for CEO positions need an extensive professional resume that includes a progression of positions and experience from multiple prestigious business and corporations. Experience is not just a figure, like the number of years a professional has worked. When choosing the top CEO candidates, you have to look beyond figures to abilities that have come from practical decisions and how the leader performed during good and bad scenarios.

Candidates for CEO positions are recruited by professional recruiting firms such as a CEO Executive Search Agency. Such specialized firms have access to a massive database of eligible talent of all kinds. They have an entire team dedicated to hiring senior-level staff and use our global networks to access a pool of talent on a worldwide scale. Lastly, import decisions such a a selection of a CEO is done by the company's board of directors and the existing or outgoing CEO( in this case,Wyatt) wouldn't have any say or vote in the election process. So, the whole premise of the plot, Coby working as Wyatt's personal company whore to get Wyatt's stamp of approval for her becoming the next CEO would never work. This just shed's light on a lack of effort by the author to research how today's modern business world operates.

Fourthly, in the author's fantasy world "sexual harassment" and the #MeToo movement is non-existent. The idea of a employment contract with a hidden "prostitution" clause with a non-disclosure agreement as a condition of employment is ridiculous to imagine and certainly kills any "suspension of belief" in taking this story serious in any shape or form. The idea that a smart, educated woman like Coby would accept and actively embrace "prostitution" as a form of career advancement is a demeaning portrayal of women in general. A more enlighten portrayal of Coby would have been her speaking up and calling out the company and the CEO for sexual harassment and demeaning behavior while taking them to court and making them royally pay.

Lastly, the sex in the story was rather lackluster and bland for an exotic literature site. The quality and quantity of the sex portrayed certainly wasn't something that would get the one-handed readers excited about let alone anyone else.

retirdsalrretirdsalrover 1 year ago

I wanted to leave a comment, i rarely do it....then I saw 342 comments...and the number is growing i am sure. I really like your work, it is always a treat. You are obviously an admired and respected author. When I started this story, and saw it had 15 pages, I was a little bit concerned. Many LW stories can bring out the feelings we seek in these stories, normally resulting from the anxiety, the deception, etc. In many stories, that part is relatively short, when the "husband" realizes something is wrong, and starts working on a "plan". The rest of the story ends up being filled with details about how they met, got there, and how they dealt with the situation and the "ever after". I was very surprised at how you carried the doubt and the intensity for so many pages. You are an amazing story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story leaves the reader feeling like they've just been used and abused as an emotional tampon.

driv2u2driv2u2over 1 year ago

He was a bit of a loser , sloppy seconds , sad

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 1 year ago

He cave in really too much and She was One of the most cruel woman you ever written about

ecboyecboyover 1 year ago

Only one word, perfect

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written. As the story was wrapping up on page 15, I found myself sad it was ending. I think it says something that a story of this length can still leave a reader wanting more.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

While Cagivagurl is a very talented and skilled wordsmith, between the weird anachronisms regarding workplace practices (as explicated by an anon a few posts below, MBA is a requirement for C-Suite positions, HR policies, etc.) and the inevitable and unrealistic obligatory RAAC, it makes it hard to enjoy the prose.

Every story by this author reads as a well-crafted "very important after-school special" on the importance for men to always forgive cheating spouses, no matter what.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 1 year ago

Female domination cuck story right until the end. The author even threw in a therapist at the end to tell the cuck he should just forget about the past years and be happy! I gave this story a one star because of the ridiculous nature of the premise and I have to wonder how the author can keep up a 3.87 rating unless low scores are being discarded?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Keep reading… it gets better… I promise . I initially gave it a 1-star & a bad review below. But I stuck with the story… and by the end I actually enjoyed it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I found this to be a GREAT story. I was on an emotional from beginning to end. Yes this was 15 pages, but the end felt too rushed. After all the build up I hoped for a little more. I have enjoyed all your stories but this drew me in from the beginning. Only a couple spelling and grammar issues. I see your growth in each story. Please kept writing & posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought very good story. Me personally he did most of it right but from the day of suggestion and her saying yes I’d have filed for divorce the next morning. How she can’t see how it emasculated him is beyond me. He fucked her minimum of six days a month, probably on private jets also . The week of her period I’m sure he fucked her ass and you know because hubby was always rude and nasty ( rightfully so) that he talked shit every time he fucked her . No guy wouldn’t especially that situation. It comes down to no self respect that either had . He could’ve taken the 200,000 to keep quiet and divorced her. He stayed hot 150 docked from her pay and had to live with it plus attend events where it was in his face . Not to mention the guy physically abused him also , that I could live with . As a man he’s fucking his wife , kicks his ass and expects him to be nice at events for a years and a half. He made his own way and got laid a few times but she was upset , why? How could she think she could fuck a guy basically for a job and money and wants hubby to be ok with it but not fuck others if he chose to . That’s selfish and irrational. They both did there thing and got back together, the scumbag kept his word about the promotion but did still hss as be to travel so much ? There will never be trust it’s not possible. He makes plenty of money and she did so why keep it up after they had kids .? I don’t get it but hood read

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Great story. A story of people and events you both love and hate.

I think if there was one part, I would have loved to go differently, it would be the confrontation between Darren and Wyatt the first time they meet in the parking lot. If they could have traded punches until they realized that neither one could win, it would have at least saved face for Darren and some of his manhood.

If not there, then when Cody told Darren he couldn't have built Firehouse Records without her money advance on her future pay that Wyatt had arranged. If Darren could have whipped out a bank saving account statement showing the money, she gave him was deposited and never touched. That he did it on his own good credit and hard work. That would have been the cherry on top for me.

It could have been a little longer. A little more about his wants, the house and family. One paragraph about Cody having to take time off for the birth of the kids was a little short. Or when Wyatt came back it would have been nice if he admitted losing Kailami because Darren showed her, she didn't need to be with Wyatt, and it was Darren that took her away from Wyatt, well I'm sure you know what I mean.

These are just my opinion of how I would have liked it to have happened, but it still was a great story. Thanks for writing it. 5-stars. One of my favorites.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 1 year ago

Cagivagurl is a great writer. I think that over all in their work that they have interestedly explored the "forgive the infidelity issue". But this story disappoints me.

A big shot CEO tells a woman that when he steps down, he will appoint her as CEO if she sleeps with him, is believable. That a woman would accept the offer is believable. That the CEO would keep the promise is unbelievable. No way he would ever drag himself up from life on the street to CEO by keeping those kinds of promises. I kept expecting Wyatt to step down, appoint a man, and tell Coby that she was a stupid bimbo to believe that offer. Anyone fooled by that offer was too stupid to be CEO. That would be believable.

So, it is a fantasy universe where a woman’s plan to prostitute herself for a big payoff works out. In this universe, Coby is selfish, has low emotion IQ, has low empathy, doesn’t listen to her husband, and instead of acknowledging his feelings, she tells him that he is not thinking correctly. How in the world can I be happy that poor Darren is reconciled with this defective woman. It would be a tragedy to have children with her.

And then there is the abused, disrespected, humiliated, down-trodden Darren who is given three opportunities to heal his heart and get away, yet he goes crawling back. A man that defective may need a defective woman. Not me. Not anybody I know. Run Darren! Run!

PdgriggsPdgriggsover 1 year ago

You are my favorite author, but this time I was so wound up in the characters, and at times I found myself so immersed in the story, I found tears forming. This is one of your best stories!

Reilly1225Reilly1225over 1 year ago

Well written but hard to enjoy when the characters seemed so morally wanting.

SamanthaSmithSamanthaSmithover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story a lot. The characters blended splendidly throughout the 15 chapters, each building one on top of the other. Emotions radiated out of the pages into my heart transfering each character's pain, suffering and guilt.

A Favorite of my Favorite. xx

moralcompassmoralcompassover 1 year ago

The anonymous commentator who said,

“This is one your best stories and believe me I have read several of them Your words and responses from your characters are really inspiring. This should be required reading for any couple that is having a problem in their life together. You would make a great therapist simply using your gift as a story teller.”

Could not be further from the make if they were trying.

This is a reasonably long story, and one I almost stopped reading and moved on to something else several times. This author tends to write about very repressed people. The main male character is downtrodden and frustrated by latent fear of inadequacies and unfulfilled ambitions. He reneged on his hopes and dreams to provide the love of his life with her own. He gave up his music career and took on hard manual work to put his wife through University. A gift Coby took very much for granted.

The author’s so-called therapist tried to get Darren to see that Coby’s actions took nothing away from him or their relationship. HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE?

Coby is depicted as a hard-working woman who is ambitious and driven to succeed at any cost. The therapist asked Darren what he had lost. She tries to make him see that he didn’t lose anything when he is clearly the major loser.

Cody’s new travel arrangements that went with her promotion, even without the sex with the boss, meant she was spending 20% less time with her husband. A choice she made for herself and not for the betterment of their marriage. Then she chooses to have a sexual relationship with her boss for an immediate step on the corporate ladder and the long-term reward of the CEO position. She did this despite her husband’s lack of approval, another egotistical self-absorbed decision by Coby. At the same time, she expects her husband to kowtow to her ambition and had no apperception of any alternative opinions. How is that not taking away from the relationship? Anyone who thinks this story is a blueprint for marriage or any other form of counselling is a gullible fool.

Even more gullible are those who think a couple could survive in a relationship this toxic. But then again, the author did have them both sell out for the almighty dollar. . In the author’s fantasy world, they did, But in a real-life situation?

MCMaineNudistMCMaineNudistover 1 year ago

A long story. But I had to read it to the end. But why couldn’t Coby get it that every time she even mentioned Wyatt, he git hot under the collar. Over and over again.

Also why was Kailami asking him to produce her second album? I thought she had signed with some big wig studio.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800over 1 year ago

I thought it was a tremendous story. All Coby could see was the chance to be CEO, no matter the cost. I will be honest, I am not sure if I could have stayed in the marriage if I knew my wife was getting banged by her boss when on business trips, I don’t care how good the sex was when she got home. There were a few inconsistencies in the story but not enough to diminish it.

MikeinMemphisMikeinMemphisover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. You done good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A long story. Coby sold her soul for money and head CEO of a company . Tried to buy off her husband with this sick sleeping arrangement. He preformed the impossible setting up a recording studio. Sleep with a bunch of women. Then went back with his whore wife. This was a farce . 15 pages of this dribble.. this would never happen in the real world. Actually the characters where selfish 🐷 pigs.

GR8XXXCAPEGR8XXXCAPEover 1 year ago

Thank you Cagivagurl for a brilliantly composed tale that quickly drew me in and held me completely until the very end. To hell with all the whiny comments protesting that this is nothing more than yet another weak man helplessly abused by his ruthless unloving and all powerful wife. Your story is nothing of the kind. I value a well crafted BTB story as much as any man but I believe in this fine tale you have empowered the MC quite nicely with a narration that tracks his rise from the depths of self pity and despair to a self realized and successful music studio and label that works his way through a number of quality women every bit as desirable as his own betraying wife. Darren is anything but a pathetic simp. I love an underdog whom refuses to submit to the injustice of a cheating wife and her interloper stunt cocks. The dialogues between Coby and Darren are so well written I found my guts twisted in knots as I wished Coby would come to her senses and failing this for Darren to keep his self respect and exact his own price for her self serving ambitions. Mission accomplished! Keep them coming... 5 stars!

NegateGivityNegateGivityover 1 year ago

You are a good writer, but you always make the wives complete morons. They are always fascinated and completely loyal to their lovers, and can't understand why their husbands are upset. I understand getting from point A to point Z is difficult but their disconnect is just a bridge to far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Think that this might be the best story on here. The pain, the anger, the self loathing, all very realistic. Thank you for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A bunch of losers with cucky Darren at the lead. One of the worst stories I've read. Had to skim through to get to the ridiculously stupid end. Don't quit your day job.

karasu_tengukarasu_tenguover 1 year ago

Cagivagurl is one of the very best writers on this site))

Highway69_50Highway69_50over 1 year ago

Another masterpiece from one of the best authors on this site. I had to keep reading, it was so hard to put down.

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Beautiful story

‘Nuff said, I had tears. Thanks for writing!

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Do not believe marriage would survive wife whoring herself out for money.no business executive would be able to promote someone for sex the contract would not be legal

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Wow! This little gem is your finest masterpiece to date. While I struggled to follow Coby’s thought process from the beginning, the character “Darren” came to life as if he really existed and I was living inside his very soul. 10/10!

caruso0909caruso0909over 1 year ago

Wow bad story to read for men who are acting "normal"

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

No Tim. You are a better man than him. Which is the problem with the story.

Cagiv really must be a woman or a trans.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

This is the sort of plot Beto would enjoy. No chance the sort of men who win wars would put up with this shit.

gbamin9gbamin9over 1 year ago

holy moly, what a fabulous story. i felt his anger and hurt so deep. thank you for writing this story.

OzeminotaurOzeminotaurover 1 year ago

You’ve done it again I really enjoyed this story and I know I’ll be reading it again and again like Marion story witch I think I’ve read about 20 times

The love you have for your characters and love you have for music really shines through please keep them coming you are one of the best writers on this site

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story very much. I didn't care for the spelling and grammar errors.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Enjoyed this story but not some of the outcomes.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

You are a wonderful writer but I am passing on this one after the first page (which was great btw). The thing is I saw it was 15 pages and I knew then that the husband would cave and Coby would end up fucking her boss. I mean, you have to fill pages with something and it doesn't take 15 pages for the husband to put his foot down and say "N0!" Also that whole situation of a contract is ridiculous. Just another marriage shot to hell. Cuckold husbands are sooo not attractive, Why would any sane woman want a weak, weirdo husband like that. I guess I could have just moved on and not made any comment but I love your writing and wanted to say something while I am sitting here waiting for my husband to return from his trip (he took my dad to the World Series. Dad is from Philly and has not been to a Phillies game since childhood)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent piece of writing. It’s always sad that people are unable to separate a dislike for the storyline or characters, from an appreciation of a story well pu together into an excellent read.

WillmottWillmottover 1 year ago

Long shit is still shit

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Very well written and drove a lot of emotions, 5*

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

As always, Cagivagurl, your stories are amazing. Thank you!

cucked05cucked05over 1 year ago

Best story I’ve read yet on this site . Fantastic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It took me a day and a half to read it when I had time. I loved it except for the spelling errors. The word brought was used multiple times when it should have been word bought. Even so I enjoyed the story. I was happy to see a reconciliation at the end or it would have been a complete waste of time to read.

What I liked the most is despite the hurtful and heated arguments, Darren and Coby's love for each other was iron clad. And in the end, it prevailed.

The word reconciliation should have been in the story tags. Five Stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Sarah,

Love your point of view. Sorry about your Phillies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WoW! This is first class.

Probably your best work so far. I understand that it's just a story and that some of the situations are a bit exaggerated, but you managed to keep one foot in reality. This really helped to empathise with the characters and the roller coaster emotions, that just drew me into the plot. It definitely left me thinking afterwards; what would I do in this situation? For me, this is the mark of a really good piece of work. Sometimes it made me angry, other times sad, and with a realistic outcome. I don't mind whether the plot follows a BTB or RAAC theme, I just need to be well written and intelligent, and this certainly delivered.

Entertainment in full. A five star thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, for the most part this was a good story, a little bloated and the pacing struggled at times but overall really good.

The only issue I had was the Sarah arc, I actually cringed, it felt so.. uncomfortable, using the trope of a random stranger to force the "affairs are fine, you didn't miss out, get over it" plot point. The fact that she turned out to be a therapist felt even more insanely uncomfortable, imo having the revelations come about naturally or even in less of a "the story is ending shit I better hurry this up" way.

Solid 7/10

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 1 year ago

@JoeBetterBNice, actually it IS tagged "cuck shit."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...