PUNKS Ch. 11: The Black Pack

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jas let go of the island and pushed herself back, up to her feet, she turned to Joe and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Welcome home, baby."

After staggering to the bedroom, they lay in a heap on Joe's bed. Jas kissed his chest.

"I wish I could stay the night."

"You can. It's a choice."

"I chose to not be late for kids with cancer who expect me there by seven."

"Great, now you're playing the cancer kid card?"

Jas laughed and punched him. "That's not funny."

"Then why are you laughing?"

****

Before Jasmine left she teased Joe about his flashing answering machine. "You can take the towel off the phone. Three of those are from me. I just wanted to tell you I was thinking about you." She kissed him sweetly. "You won't want anyone around when you listen."

"I don't think I'll be sharing any of them."

"Have you spoken to her?"

"Nope, and I don't plan to."

"She is your friend, it's okay."

"I know it is. It's also my call."

After she walked out Joe went through his messages. One from his sister Julie, another from his sister Jackie, then Jasmine came up to the plate.

"Hey, baby. I'm in bed thinking about you. I'm wearing my lavender teddy, the one you like, and my hands are getting busy in pink velvet. I wish you were here."

There was a business message and then a call from New York.

"Hi Joe, it's me. I really wish we could talk. I miss you. If you call, I promise to not go back in time. I've been thinking about all the things you said, and I think you're right. I only remember my grievances and not what I did to you. It's all a blur to me, but I know I was angry and I hurt you. I'm sorry. I know we can't erase what was said and done, but I need you to know I am truly sorry and I hope we can put that behind us. Please call me. I love you."

Jasmine left a second naughty message about losing her virginity that would never get past Literotica moderators. Then there was another business call and the final message, from Jasmine.

"Hey baby, I can't take my eyes off the clock. Time is not moving! Your flight arrives in eleven hours. I don't think I'm gonna sleep tonight. I need a cup of Joe. I'm gonna fuck you silly. I hope you're thinking of me. Love you."

Joe cleared his messages, "I was definitely thinking of you." Then he called all three of his sisters to be scolded for not returning their messages sooner.

"I sent you postcards from Japan! Wasn't that a clue that I didn't get your message?"

After dealing with the family affairs, he stared at the phone wondering if he should call New York. Joe didn't want to call. He was trying to focus on his LA life, but Tina's sad voicemail made him feel bad. It was 11:25 AM EST, he decided to wait for Tina to be on lunch break. When he called, Casey was ecstatic to hear his voice.

"Oh my God, where have you been? You haven't been here in so long and I know you haven't called."

"Hi, Casey. I'm great. How are you?"

"I'm sorry, Joe. I'm fine."

"Yes, you are definitely fine. I was in Japan, kinda busy. How has she been?"

Casey whispered, "Not good but not awful. I have to gauge her mood every morning and then decide how much of her I can take, given her state of mind. She has a lot going on right now."

"Why don't you connect me and we'll let Tina decide what she wants to tell me."

A minute later, Tina picked up. "Thank you so much for calling, Joe. It means a lot to me. How are you? How was Japan?"

"I'm fine, just tired after a long flight. It was a good tour and I'm happy to be home."

"I bet. So is this the end?"

"I think so. My days on the road are over."

"It's hard to believe after all these years, two bands, so many cities. Are you gonna miss it?"

"Not now, maybe later, we'll see. So what's up with you? I got the impression you had something important to say."

"Yes. Can I first say that just hearing from you has already lifted my spirits? I miss you, and I'm grateful you called. There's something happening in my life you don't know about. While we weren't talking, shit got real."

"Are you referring to the SEC investigation, Troy's legal problems?"

There was silence on her end. Joe waited for her to answer.

"How do you know about this?"

"I have many friends in New York, T. People talk."

"And they love their gossip," Tina muttered.

"Especially when it's true," he quipped. "I've known about his troubles for a while now."

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you ask about it?

"Because it's not my business, and I didn't want to upset or embarrass you."

"I appreciate that."

"And to be totally honest, I don't give a fuck about Troy and his crimes. The last thing I want to do is talk about your husband."

"Okay, do you know what happened last month?"

"Nope."

"He was indicted, finally, after an eleven-month investigation. We've been in limbo, this legal purgatory. They finally charged him."

Joe said nothing. He wasn't interested in talking about Troy. He had been hoping he'd go to prison, so Joe could have his wife, but he couldn't say that; and he wasn't sure he wanted that anymore.

"Are you at all curious about what he's accused of?" Tina asked.

"I'm sorry you're going through this, I truly am. You married a crook. If you want to get it off your chest, I will listen, but I'm afraid I won't have kind or comforting words. You know how I feel about Wall Street."

"I understand how you feel." Tina then went on to explain the charges her husband faced and the penalties he'd suffer if convicted.

"You should divorce him, T. You deserve better."

"I can't leave Troy at the lowest point in his life."

"His lowest point is the grave he dug for himself by raiding the pension funds of working-class people. Open your eyes, T, and dump his corrupt ass."

"Jesus, Joe. I'm glad we're talking again, but I think I'll add Troy's legal troubles to the list of no-go topics. You've already judged him."

"Guilty as charged."

Tina steered the conversation away from legal problems toward more personal business. She talked about her galley for a bit, then got to what she really wanted to ask.

"When are you coming to New York?"

"I don't have any plans to be there at the moment. I'll spend some time in Providence. My sisters just ripped me for not making holiday plans. I'll see them the week after Christmas."

"You could always do a pop-in, just to say hi."

Joe laughed, "You make it sound like Providence is down the street."

"Remember when you used to take the train down just to spend a day or two with me?"

"Remember when you weren't married back then?"

"Touche," Tina said softly.

"I have no business in New York, but when I do, I'll give you a heads up, okay?"

"I would like that."

"I was wondering," T said, "Did you see Jasmine at that club show?"

"She was there."

"Did she have a date that night?"

"Yes, Jas had a date."

What Joe didn't tell Tina was that he was Jasmine's date. He was tempted to tell her everything that happened but he knew that would lead to a round of twenty questions, so he didn't. When Tina asked if they could make their Monday morning talks a thing again, Joe said he was willing to do email.

The day after speaking to Tina, Joe received a phone call from Janice. At first, she was trying to smooth things over. It wasn't an apology, or even an admission of wrongdoing. She downplayed it as just girls talking, and even laughed that Joe should be flattered.

"Flattered? That I'm the topic of your gossip. PJ betrayed my trust, and you broadcast my business. I'm not fucking flattered."

"Don't be a baby about it."

"Let me ask you a question. If PJ slept with a girl on the road, do you believe I would tell anyone?"

That question was met with silence.

"I'm not saying he did. I'm saying that bandmates don't talk about this shit. It's a code."

"Fuck your code," Janice barked, "you're single. No one cares who you fuck."

"You care! Why the fuck did you drag that information out of PJ and blab about it to your girls? Fuck you and your trashy gossip."

Joe hung up. That was the last time he spoke to Janice or PJ about the Black Pack gossip grapevine. He took some twisted pleasure in knowing that Janice was now wondering if her husband slept with women on the road, and her knowing his bandmates would never tell.

In twenty-four hours Joe burned one bridge while he was mending another.

*****

For the first time in years, Joe had a reason to be cheerful during the holiday season. He was free to live a simple life in Venice and he was with a woman he hoped he might have a future with. Jasmine was still in the keep-it-casual zone when they discussed their relationship, but in every other way, she was all in. They spent every weekend together, either at his place or hers, depending on what their plans around town were.

If they had a night out on Sunset Strip to see a live band or stand-up at The Comedy Store, they'd crash at Jas' place. If they wanted a beach day it was Joe's place. The people who knew Joe best in his neighborhood and on the Venice Boardwalk got to know Jasmine as Joe's girlfriend. She became a regular at The Daily Grind for coffee and got to know Joe's friends there very well.

At home, they were having a blast. They cooked meals together, watched films, and carried on like they were still the teasing friends they had always been. As Joe had once said to Tina, being with Jasmine was effortless. The sex was fantastic, from passionate savagery to tender lovemaking. As 1993 came to an end, Joe was focusing all his attention on Jasmine, some on his business - which was in a state of transition - and trying to make a post-music career life he could be happy in.

Joe and Jas had an intimate Christmas Eve together. He cooked and they exchanged small gifts. Joe handed her a box. Jasmine opened it. "Oh my God, I can't fucking believe this."

"Basketball tickets are not that big a surprise," Joe laughed, "they come with dinner and post-game benefits."

"Thank you, baby. Open that one." she pointed.

Joe picked up a small box and ripped it open. "Oh shit."

They had both bought Celtics - Lakers tickets to the same game in late February.

"What are we gonna do?" Jas asked.

"Exchange one pair for another game."

"You would take me to a Lakers game the Celtics aren't playing in?"

"Only this once," Joe smiled, "at least I know who to root against."

Jasmine spent the night. When she left in the morning for Brentwood, to have Christmas with her family, she dropped Joe off at LAX. He flew to Providence to see his family.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

ABDC Ch. 01 A young girl experiencing the ups and down of love.in Interracial Love
The Chronicles of Erica Bradson Ch. 01 The tale of a loving Housewife and her infidelity.in Interracial Love
That Side of Campus Kaitlyn studies beyond the lines.in Interracial Love
Her First Affair Carole met Tre while traveling and cheats for the 1st time.in Interracial Love
Dance Me to the End of Love Ch. 01 Mature couple entertains their guests, and themselves.in Mature
More Stories