Rachael Pt. 03 Ch. 02

Story Info
The interview.
2k words
3.86
2k
00

Part 32 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/08/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The interview

My interview happened at 10:00 AM with the HR department of Barnett Realty, Dave's company. The building was indeed right across the street and I walked over about nine to see the layout. I talked to the receptionist for a bit and she showed me where I could get a cup of company coffee and where the agents and brokers that worked there came to eat and drink during meals and breaks. She begged off to answer the phones and greet visitors. I met a couple of agents that were moving thru and wondered exactly what Dave wanted me to do. I really didn't want to be a real estate agent and that's all I saw.

The hour arrived, and I went to the HR office and told the secretary who I was and why I was there. A nice-looking gentleman in a beautiful soft gray suit with white pin stripes came out to greet me.

"Miss Rachael?" he said.

"Yes sir," I replied.

"My name is Walter Payne, I am the director of Human Resources. Come in my office please"

I did, and he produced a copy of my application and after we sat down he said, "We should have asked for picture too. You are very pretty."

"Thank you," I replied.

He questioned me on any number of things on the application and then started in on his own list, looking for flaws that would disqualify me. His sharp, unfriendly tone unnerved me. It felt strange coming after the comment about being pretty. I answered his questions and remained polite. I didn't want to screw this up; I needed to get a job.

"Do you want to have sex with me?" he asked.

"Not today," I replied as nice as I could, adding, "I don't think that is an appropriate question for a job interview." Instantly cursing my smart mouth.

"It was only to see your reaction Miss Rachael. Believe it or not I get a lot of positive responses from that question and those people never seem to get hired."

"Well, that is a different approach," I stumbled out.

"Please be at ease, you are doing fine, and I think we can move on to the kind of work you will be asked to do here. You are trained in keeping books, accounting, forensic accounting, bookkeeping, economics and business. What is the MS in Biology all about?

"There were some medical issues that I wanted to learn about and it became a passion with me."

"Your resume is quite impressive considering you don't have any work experience. We would want to start you out in the accounting department and evaluate your skills. Is that what you expected?"

"Yes, sir, pretty much"

"Okay, Mr. Barnett told me that part of your employment package contains a living residence from our inventory of rental apartments and homes. Do you have any preference?"

"Only that I would prefer to be close to work so I don't have to drive. I also have no furniture if you have something furnished to offer."

"We have several of them in this very block and yes they are furnished as well. Would you like to go see them?"

"I would love to, but I would imagine work should come first."

"No, that's fine, let's go find you a place to live and then I will take you to the accounting office and introduce you to Clara. She will be your supervisor."

"This is a done deal then?" I asked.

"Absolutely, Mr. Barnett said to take care of you personally as long as you passed the interview."

"Thank you," I said and we both rose to leave the office.

He told his secretary we would be gone thru lunch and he led the way to the elevator and we rode down to the lobby. They owned the building but only occupied one floor for the corporate office. The rest of the building contained offices rented to various businesses. Mostly lawyers from what I read on the large sign in the lobby.

Walter led me to the street where we turned right and headed for the corner. The streets were crowded but the sun shined brightly, and the walk was pleasant. We turned the corner and walked down to the next block where we saw a building with a doorman standing out front hailing cabs for people. We walked up to him and he spoke.

"Good morning Mr. Payne."

"Good morning Oscar," Mr. Payne said.

He held the door for us and we walked into the foyer and then to the elevator bank.

"The doorman is on duty 24 hours a day," He said as we got on the elevator and he used a keycard to activate the door and selected the second floor. He continued while we rode up. "We own three apartments in this building. It is by far the nicest of our buildings close to the office and the only one with twenty-four-seven security."

"Very impressive," I offered.

We went into the hallway and down to 206 where he used the same key card to open the door.

Once inside I looked around and couldn't believe what I saw. The place was beautifully furnished, not only with furniture, but decorations too, wall hangings, paintings, lamps, and a view of the avenue down below.

I stammered, "This is way too much for me."

"Trust me, if you like it, it's yours and I am sure we will get return value from you and your work."

"We don't have to look any further if I can have this. What are the limitations on use and what can't I do here?" I asked.

"The apartment is available for you. It is rent free to you. The utilities will be put in your name and you will be responsible for paying them yourself. It will be just as if you signed a lease and were making rent payments. There will in fact be a lease that guarantees you the place for a year. That's legal protection for the company and of course we must report the value of it to the IRS. It will be taxed as part of your compensation package just like any other perc."

I wandered thru the place and saw the two bedrooms complete with beds and dressers. It was generic but very tasteful and since I possessed no belongings to speak of, perfect.

"Okay, what do we do now?" I said.

"It's almost lunch time, let's go have lunch and then go back to the office where you can get you settled into a work space and do some paperwork."

"Great."

We ate lunch at a quaint corner drugstore. He said lots of the employees gathered here because it was close, affordable and the food was pretty good.

Upon return to the office he introduced me to my new boss, Clara, and she showed me to a cubicle. Compared to the fabulous apartment I just saw this was a real let down. I really didn't expect it to be more, and it felt satisfactory just the same.

I went back to HR and spent the rest of the afternoon filling out forms, signing the lease, the job stipulations, the non-disclosure agreement and a host of other things. One of those being retirement benefits and insurances. When we were all done, Walter gave me a key card that would open my apartment, the apartment building, the door to the offices and the door to my office. It would also get me in the break room and the bathroom.

It was almost quitting time when I got back to Clara's office and told her I thought I was processed in.

She smiled and said, "Mr. Barnett would like to see you before you go home. I will see you first thing tomorrow morning. We start at 9 AM here and the coffee is on at 8 if you're interested."

"Ok, how do I get to Mr. Barnett's office?" I asked.

"Go to the elevator and take it to the top floor. His office is the one on the left," She said.

"Good night." I said as I walked to the elevator door.

The elevator ride went fast and there were only two offices on the top floor. One for Dave and the other one belonged to a lawyer whose ad I had seen on TV.

I slipped into a lady's room by the elevator and freshened up my face and checked myself out in the mirror. I looked as good as I was going to look at the end of a long day.

His secretary ushered me right into his palatial office and I almost swooned. It was very large and beautifully decorated.

"Hi," I said as I walked across the plush carpet and felt myself sink into it.

"Well, I hear you are all checked in, selected a place to live and have a workspace already."

"It's been a busy day," I said.

"That's a lot for one day, I am surprised you managed all of that so quickly."

"Your generosity made it easy for me to make decisions, thank you."

"It is my pleasure, I was going to do almost the same thing for Madame when she got killed. I am very happy to be doing it for you. "When will you move into the apartment?" he asked.

"I don't know, I haven't thought about it to tell you the truth."

"Do you need help getting stuff here from where you are living now?"

"No, I brought all of my belongings with me," I said.

"Then you can move right in."

"Yes, it's late or I would move tonight. Probably after work tomorrow will do."

"But you don't need any help?"

"No sir, I am good to handle my own baggage. I didn't check but does the apartment have linens and towels or parking with it?"

"Yes, to all three, and there are private laundry facilities too. We sometimes have people stay in them with families for extended periods. That's why we keep them up to date and stocked with linens and dishes, pots and pans, etc. See the doorman on duty for your parking assignment. It changes from time to time, but he controls them."

"Then all I need is my meager wardrobe and I am in."

"Would you like to go to dinner?" he asked.

"I would love to, seems like lunch happened a long time ago." I replied.

He took me to a beautiful restaurant with a waterfall in the middle of it. The water came from a full story above and fell into a beautiful pool. The sitting was fabulous, and the meal more than I could eat. We enjoyed a bottle of a French wine that I remember Madame loving so much and I felt on top of the world.

"You've done a full day Rachael. I think you will sleep well tonight."

"Will you join me," I asked.

"Thank you for that invitation but I will go home to my wife and do my duty."

"Oh, I was under the impression that you wanted me."

"I do, and that time will come if you agree to see me. Understand that you are under no obligation to me by virtue of the job and the apartment. You will earn your keep with the company, this isn't a free ride for sex."

"That is almost too much to expect. I can't thank you enough."

We left the restaurant and he took me by cab back to the hotel. We walked in and he accompanied me up to my suite.

"I wanted to see the accommodations, do you mind," he said as I opened the door.

"It's pretty nice," I responded.

He looked around, walked up to me and put his arms around my waist.

"I am going to dream about you tonight and if you're up to it I want to come and visit you this weekend at your new apartment."

"I will look forward to it. My memories of you are all good and I will be anxious to see you again."

He left the suite and I spun around and thought to myself, what a deal this is.