Raging Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Travis paused, staring at granny. 'I don't understand why you don't recognize me, granny. Why do I feel like you've forgotten everything that has happened in the last six years?' He thought as he tried hard to smile at the old woman. 'You don't even remember that I was once married to your grandson. Maybe this is for the best.'

Travis smiled as he continued feeding the old woman. They said she acted insane and all but to him, she was just okay.

He was still feeding her when she gripped his hand quickly and screamed in fear. "Get her away from me!" She screamed. "Tell her to get away. Don't let her come close!"

Travis took a quick glance behind and saw a nurse with an injection. He looked at granny and smiled, holding her hands together. "Don't worry, I am right here with you." He assured, shaking his head. "It won't hurt at all. I will be holding your hand and you won't feel anything."

"B-but..."

"Do you want to get better?"

Granny nodded.

"Then you need to get the injection, right?"

Granny nodded like a kid. "Yes!"

"That's it. You won't feel a thing. Just look at me and everything will be alright."

Granny felt comfortable and peaceful when that voice spoke to her. She was so happy and she got lost staring into that face. She didn't even feel it when the nurse injected her.

Granny felt really happy. "My angel!" She chuckled.

Travis smiled back and held his granny's hands, rubbing on them sweetly.

***

Antonio was feeling stressed, tired and really angry. His days had just gone from bad to worse. He had no idea what he was gonna do or how he was gonna handle his grandmother. His eyes were red and his hair was messy. He looked like someone that had not slept for days. He had no idea where to look for the boy or how to start.

Antonio was with the two culprits behind him, Andrea and Bruce. They had just arrived at the same time as him. As he was nearing his granny's room, he saw the doctor coming towards him with a smile on his face.

"What did I tell you, Mr. Gonzalez?" He shook his hand happily. "Your grandmother would get better provided the right things. She's showing lots of improvements and it's all thanks to that special boy. He has formed a special bond with your grandmother and her condition has just miraculously improved in the last five hours." Antonio looked at Andrea in shock, a frown appearing on his face. "She ate her food and took her medications on time without any problems. She has never been out of control in the last five hours since that boy arrived."

Antonio frowned. "Who is this boy?"

"I didn't ask his name but he's still in the room with your grandmother."

The doctor didn't even finish talking and Antonio was already rushing in the room with his heart racing. As soon as he entered, he found a man with his back to him. He was wearing a red shirt, black skinny jean and white snickers. He had long hair too and Antonio got anxious when he couldn't see his face so he rushed to him.

"Excuse me!"

The man quickly turned and Antonio smiled brightly when he saw that face. But...

"Where's the young man that was with her a few minutes ago?" The doctor asked. "I left him here."

"Oh," The man said in a deep manly voice. "He left about a minute ago. He had something to do but he said he'd be back tomorrow."

Antonio lost the smile on his face. He glanced at his granny and she was still awake but she still had a beautiful smile on her face. "Granny, how are you feeling?"

Granny chuckled happily. "I am feeling better now that my angel is with me. I will get better now that I've an angel by my side." Her eyes were already getting better.

"Granny!" Antonio sobbed and rushed to her, putting her head on the woman's chest.

"Andrea!" The old woman spoke weakly. "I will be fine, don't worry. My angel is now with me and... I will get better."

Andrea raised her teary face and looked at her grandmother. She was emotional because after so long, her grandmother got to call her name. She was getting better. Andrea took her grandmother's hands and kissed them.

Granny's eyes were getting heavier. "You should... meet him, Antonio. He's very beautiful and nice. He took very good care of me. He's very cute, my angel. I would be happy if you... made him my grandson in-law."

"What?" Bruce gasped hoarsely, furiously dropping his hands. Man, he was so mad. "Why would you say something like that?" He snapped. "Don't you know that..."

"Bruce!" Antonio didn't need to tell Bruce what he wanted to say. Just the tone of his voice was good enough.

"Who's that?" Granny gestured. "Who's he?"

Antonio glanced at Bruce, giving him angry eyes but smiled when he looked at granny. "He's Andrea's friend, granny! Don't worry about him. Just rest and your angel will be by your side when you wake up."

Granny smiled and she didn't even waste any time to sleep. She was just too tired.

Antonio kissed her forehead before he got because he wanted to talk to the doctor.

"Thank you so much, doctor!" He said, putting his hands together. He was just so emotional. "This is the first time in six years that granny seems so composed and hopeful." He glanced at her and smiled. "I needed someone like that to take care of her and bring her back to herself again. I was losing hope but now for the first time, I feel there's hope for my grandmother."

The doctor chuckled, patting on Antonio's shoulder. "You don't have to thank me. Of course, this wouldn't have been possible without that boy."

"Yes, please speak to him on my behalf and ask him to take care of my grandmother." He said, still wearing that smile. "I am ready to pay any amount of money just to see my grandmother healed."

"Mr. Gonzalez, I understand but he's not a nurse and neither does he work here." The doctor gave a gloomy sigh. "I don't think he'll be able to agree to do that."

"Who's he then?"

"I am sorry, but I can't give you that information, Mr. Gonzalez." The doctor apologized. "I doubt if he'll be able to agree to this."

Antonio laughed. "Doctor, money is the fuel that runs the engine of life. There's nothing in this world that can't be done without money."

Meanwhile, Travis was standing at the door hearing whatever Antonio was saying to the doctor. His fists clenched as soon as he heard Antonio's words.

"I am sure even he cannot say no to it." He was so confident about it. "You have to speak to him the next time he comes here. My granny cannot continue staying here. I need her back home and that's where I want him to be taking care of her."

"But..."

"Trust me, he won't disagree." Antonio was so sure and so confident. "I am a celebrity and as soon as he gets to know whose grandmother he'll be taking care of, he'll agree. But if he doesn't, then inform me. I'll convince him. He cannot deny me."

The doctor gave a sheepish smile. "Okay, I'll give it a try. Excuse me!"

Antonio nodded and then went back to his grandmother, ignoring his pissed off husband. He didn't want any drama. "I'll bring your angel back to you, granny. I promise." He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Can you please watch her for a few minutes?" Antonio asked his sister. "I know you've got a lot of work at the company but I just need to make a call."

Andrea nodded and Antonio smiled brightly and left. As soon as he got out of the room, he saw the doctor rushing towards him and he wondered why he had come back so early.

"Doc..."

"Mr. Gonzalez, I am sorry but the boy refused to take care of your grandmother at your house." The doctor apologized, hoping the man was gonna understand him.

Antonio lost the smile on his face. "What do you mean he refused? Didn't you tell him that Antonio Gonzalez, the famous celebrity wants him to take care of his grandmother? Didn't you tell him money is not an issue?"

The doctor nodded. "I told him that money is not an issue but he said he's just not comfortable with the arrangement. He doesn't even care about the money nor does he want to talk about money in future."

Antonio could feel the anger building deep inside of him. "Isn't he now acting too high and mighty?" He said hoarsely, slipping his hands through his trouser. He wasn't used to begging and he wasn't gonna do it.

"I think you're misunderstanding him, Mr. Gonzalez."

Antonio laughed bitterly before his face got stern again. "I get the point here. If he agrees so soon, how can he negotiate? Give me his number and I'll talk to him myself."

The doctor shook his head. "I am sorry but I don't think I can do that. Besides, he didn't give me his line. He's the one that got my line and even if..."

"Really? That's how it's gonna be?" Antonio's voice rose. "After such great difficulty, we've finally found someone that can take care of granny, someone that she's comfortable with and you're telling me bullshit!" He glowered, shaking his head furiously. "My brother recommended you to me because he believes that you're the best doctor that deals with such cases and now that we're starting to get somewhere, I am asking for his number and you're apologizing?" He stamped his foot hard on the floor, scaring the man a bit.

"Calm down..."

"Calm down?" Antonio scoffed, trying to contain his anger. "Are you kidding me right now?" He got closer to the man, getting more serious. "You said you'd find the best nurse for my grandmother at all costs. You have a chance now and you're saying sorry? Okay, fine..." He yelled. "...if you can't provide that boy then I am also convinced that you're useless and you can't heal my grandmother. I don't need to tell you exactly what's going to happen."

"Mr. Gonzalez, I was..."

"I know, money can buy anything in this world." He said rudely. "That boy is acting like a fool and since you cannot do anything, I am taking my grandmother back to the house."

He furiously turned and left...

Meanwhile...

'You're still the same person you were years ago, Antonio!' Travis who was standing at a distance watching thought, clenching his fists. 'You still think the world is ran by money but you're gonna know soon enough that money cannot solve anything. Sometimes it takes the heart to solve many problems. Unfortunately, you don't have that.'

***

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am really happy to inform you that we were successful at producing Brandrea and all the shoes and clothes are ready." Andrea announced.

Everyone in the room started clapping including Travis who was equally happy for Andrea, literally. He couldn't believe a week had passed since he joined Tonzalez. It had been a really stressful and busy week but it was worth it.

"And I'd like to also tell you that tomorrow night, we're having a fashion show to officially launch Brandrea."

The whole room went loud with claps and cheers. Andrea was definitely happy and she was killing it with her designer's clothes. She glanced at Travis and saw that smile on his face.

'You're not gonna have a reason to smile after this, Travis.' She thought, an evil grin forming on her face. 'You'll be gone sooner than you came. I promise you that. Your brand can and will never beat Brandrea. And with this loss that you'll make, you'll be kicked out of this company and will remain a loser. Just wait and watch.'

'I know exactly what you're thinking, Andrea.' Travis was still wearing that smile but deep down, he was really in evil mode. 'You can do whatever you want now, but I am far smarter than you think. Whether a loss or profit comes to this company, I still have a lot to gain from that. You just have to wait for what I have planned for you. You'll never even know what hit you.'

"Thank you so much everyone." Bruce got up and waved. "With this brand, I can promise you that we're definitely moving to another level. Brandea will bring a great revolution. And with me as the lead model, we'll surely attract a lot of clients."

The whole board was clapping, including Antonio though he had his eyes on Travis. He knew that his brand was a flop already. There was no way he was gonna beat Andrea's brilliant brand. He was too small for that.

But Antonio's happiness didn't even reach its maximum as he received a call...

"What?" Antonio furiously got up. "Granny has hurt herself? Why? How?"

Antonio's voice had now attracted everyone's attention in the room.

"She fell off the staircase and..." He paused and groaned. "...alright, I am coming right now."

Antonio didn't even waste any time. He ran from the conference room like the hounds of hell were after him. Even Andrea and Bruce ran after him. Travis remained seated there but he was so scared and nervous. He didn't know what was happening.

***

Antonio came out of the room and found his entire family there and they looked really worried. Man, even he was worried and upset. He looked messy and he had no idea how many times he had cursed since he arrived at that hospital. His granny's condition was getting worse.

"It's okay, Antonio, granny is okay?" Eduardo assured, rubbing on his brother's shoulder. "I checked on her as soon as I arrived here. She just has a sprained ankle."

Antonio sighed, fighting off his tears. "It's not major this time around, Eduardo. But she could have been hurt too. You were not there. I was not there. I feel like her condition is getting worse now."

"Listen, don't blame yourself for this." Eduardo was trying to make his brother feel better. "I am a doctor. I should be around more. Even if it means stopping..."

"No!" Antonio shook his head. "You know that won't prevent her from doing what she did today. I don't know what this boy has done to her. It's only been three days since she last saw him and look what has happened to her. I don't know what to do man. I am just confused."

As the two brothers were talking...

"Mr. Antonio..." The doctor came and he had a smile on his face. "...I was just about to call you. I have some good news for you."

Antonio got excited and anxious too. "Good news? Has granny..."

"That boy, he has agreed!"

Antonio felt his heart pound violently in his chest. A harsh breath escaped him as he felt tears build in his eyes. "What? Are you serious?"

"Yes!" The doctor nodded. "Your grandmother came for stitches yesterday and he came to see her. He changed his mind when he saw her condition."

Antonio took a deep breath as a smile popped up his face. "Thank God!" He felt like he was able to breathe after so long. "That solves everything."

"Yeah, but..."He paused and sighed. "...he has some pre-conditions."

Antonio nodded. "I accept! I accept all of them as long as he takes care of her."

"Listen to them first," The doctor suggested. "They are quite weird!"

Antonio looked at brother, frowning. "What do you mean? What does he want?"

The doctor took a deep breath before he started. "First of all, he will work between 9 am to 2 pm at your house every day, except for Fridays when he will be working between 2 pm to 7 pm. You have to manage the rest of the time. He will also not be working on weekends except he has to."

Antonio nodded. "That's okay."

"Secondly, he won't speak to anyone in the house nor will he interact with your servants." The doctor added, making both brother to frown. They looked at each other in surprise. "He won't speak to you nor will he meet you."

Antonio's face got blank. "He won't meet me? As in?"

"I don't know about that." The doctor answered. "He has set these pre-conditions and you can accept them or not. One last thing..." The doctor added. "...throughout those times, he doesn't want any of your family members in the house. He wants to be alone or he won't work at all."

Now everyone was anxious, wondering what was going on. Antonio was quite confused because he had expected the boy to be excited about meeting a celebrity. He didn't even ask for money. What was going on?

"He's rather strange, right?"

"Who cares?" Antonio said hoarsely. "I accept the conditions. You can tell him to start work tomorrow and we won't even be there. We'll all be attending Andrea's fashion show."

"Good!" The doctor smiled, shaking Antonio's hand. "Excuse me!"

The doctor left and...

"Antonio, how can you agree to such conditions?" Emma asked, feeling a little angry.

"Does it matter?" Antonio asked. "All I want is to see granny get better. Granny's caretaker will be arriving tomorrow at 4.pm and that means all of us should be out of the house by that time. All of us will be going for the fashion show."

"Ant..."

"I want all of you to remember that while he's working, no one should get in his way. You all heard his conditions and if we all want to see granny back on her feet, we're gonna have to agree. He will get his own key and when he comes, I am sure he'll be in granny's room. But none of us should be at the house."

Emma furiously looked away, shaking her head. She couldn't believe some stupid pauper was making them live by his conditions. She was really mad.

"Baby..." Bruce paused, trying to get his head clear. "...I think it's strange. I mean, who asks for all this? He doesn't want to be seen or anyone to talk to him? What if he's criminal? Granny will be at home alone with him. What if something bad happens or we lose things?"

Antonio took a glance behind. "All I know is that I've managed to get granny her angel, with great difficulty. That's all that matters to me." He took a deep breath. "I had promised to get her angel for her and I am just fulfilling my promise."

With those words, he started going away. Hopefully, granny was gonna get better.

Did the Gonzalez family really know what they'd just done? What is Travis up to?

***

Thanks for coming to the end of the second chapter. Please, don't forget to drop your comments and rates as well guys. Do you guys think it's about time Santiago made an appearance and Antonio finds out about Travis' real identity?

The theme songs are, "Sledgehammer," by Fifth harmony, "Yikes," by Nicki Minaj and "I love me," by Demi Lovato.

Chapter 4 will drop very soon.

Feel the passion...