Receiving Grace Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I got my brother Jim to help move my things into our new apartment. He had a 1940 Ford convertible with a V-8 engine that he was so proud of. He loved cruising in it when he didn't have it up on blocks working on it. I didn't have that much to move, so all of my stuff fit in the back seat. He helped me move it into the apartment, looking around at it and giving his approval. I teared up a bit when I hugged him before he left. I was glad to get out from under my parents, but I would miss being home.

The first night in our own place was a bit scary, but fun, too. We would have to get some additional furniture, but we'd get by with what we had for now. The Mooneys loaned us a roll-away bed until we could get one of our own. It was narrow, but we didn't care. We could fit on it without falling off, but there wasn't an inch of space between us. Not that I minded. Spooning up with Grace was always a treat, not a trial. For the first time, we could love each other without worrying about waking our parents.

I made sure the doors and windows were secure, and the curtains were closed. The last thing we needed was someone spying on us or getting in, even though crime in this neighborhood was nearly non-existent. As we prepared for bed, the sexual tension grew. We were grinning as we slipped into bed, leaving our bedclothes lying next to the bed.

We faced each other, our teats and hips tight together as our arms went around each other. I could feel my nips hardening and aching as they dug into the soft flesh of Grace's teats. I could feel the hard points of her nips digging into my teats. I felt her breath catch, as mine did, as we stared into each other's eyes. My chest was tight, and my heart beat a tattoo as I realized that we were about to become lovers in a way that we'd never experienced before.

Our lips softly met, and I loved the feel of her lips against mine. Our mouths opened simultaneously, and we both moaned into each other's mouths as our tongues tenderly played with each other. I never wanted this to end as we both started rolling our hips. I moved so that our pussies were rubbing against the other's thighs. My arms tightened even more as I wanted to become one with Grace, not wanting any space between us.

Our kiss grew more passionate as our moans resonated and our breathing deepened. The impulses I was getting from my hardening clit as it rubbed against Grace's thigh were zinging through my body. Grace's hardening clit scored my thigh as she churned her hips. We broke our kiss, gasping for air, moaning our desire for each other. I gasped, "Oh, God, Sweet Cheeks! I love you so much!"

Grace gasped, "Oh, God, Baby Doll! I love you, too!"

I ground my pussy into Grace's thigh, trying to get as much friction as possible. My pussy was so hot and wet that my juices spread over her thigh, reducing the friction I was trying so hard to get. I felt Grace's juices coating my thigh as she furiously ground her pussy against my thigh.

I stared into those beautiful brown eyes, willing Grace to come with me as I neared the precipice, preparing to launch myself over the edge. I held back, waiting for Grace. I didn't want to come without her, so I gritted my teeth and held on, churning my hips even more furiously to help Grace over the edge. Grace was moaning and gasping, the sound making me crazy as I gasped and moaned in response to her ministrations.

Then, it happened. As one, we both pulled in a huge gasp of air. I held mine until I almost passed out before we both keened our orgasms as we plunged into the abyss. I totally lost control of my body as my eyes closed and all that existed was my orgasm drowning out the rest of the world. I was dimly aware that Grace was tight up against me, spasming as she experienced her orgasm.

I was clutching Grace so tightly against me that I could hardly breathe, but I had no intention to let her go. I loved Grace with every fiber of my being, and I would never let her go. It seemed like forever and no time at all before I loosened my hold on Grace and opened my eyes. Grace looked so blissed out that I was sure she was an angel, sent from Heaven, just for me. Tears squeezed out of my eyes as I thanked God for having this woman in my life to have and to hold... and love.

Grace finally opened her eyes, and she saw the tears in my eyes and got a questioning look on her face. I smiled at her and shook my head before saying, "I love you, Grace Mae Jones!"

Grace smiled and returned, "I love you, Kathleen Ann Jones!"

"God, Sweet Cheeks, I just want to shout my love for you to the rest of the world," I averred, leaning in to capture those beautiful lips with mine.

When our kiss ended, Grace said, "I would, too." Then a smile split her face as she continued, "But I think you'd wake the Mooneys if you did, and they need their sleep, Baby Doll."

"Yes, we wouldn't want the neighbors to call the police," I said before collecting another kiss from those delicious lips...

... As I fell asleep, Grace spooned up tight against me, I rejoiced in our finally being together in our own place, living our lives as we wanted.

December 1994

I was really looking forward to the holidays this year. Grace smiled like the cat that caught the canary when she swore me to secrecy. Grace and the boys had been seeing a lawyer about the boys adopting Virginia as their legal guardian. Mark had already got his Order of Emancipation from his father. Matthew didn't have to since he had turned eighteen in August. Of course, that meant that no more child support was being paid by Gary, but it wasn't that much in the first place. Grace hadn't really needed it since they lived with Virginia anyway. The boys were working on getting the paperwork prepared for adopting Virginia as their mother. They were also going to have their last name legally changed to Hanratty when their adoptions were granted. They were going to make it a Christmas gift to Virginia. I thought what they were doing was great.

I've already started moving some of my clothes and personal items into Grace's bedroom. Virginia and the boys had finished swapping the bedrooms last week, so I could start moving my stuff in. I've already notified Lois, the apartment manager, that I was not renewing my lease after the end of the year. Matthew was home from college until January, so he was available to help with the move.

Grace's gift for me for Christmas was my own key to the condo so I could come and go as I liked. I thanked her for that and gave her my gift, a Fenton Glass fluted vase in the 'Violets in the Snow' pattern. It would go with her other Fenton Glass pieces that she kept on the knickknack shelf she had bought while on one of our road trips back in the day. I loved how her eyes lit up, and she pulled me in for a kiss that promised she wasn't done thanking me for it.

Everyone pitched in to help me move out of my apartment. Matthew and Mark hauled off my furniture that I didn't need any more to Good Will. The things I wanted to keep but wouldn't fit in our bedroom were put into storage. Virginia and Grace helped me tidy the place up, vacuum the floors, and wash down anything needing cleaning. Once we were done, I hugged Virginia and thanked her for everything. It had been hard work but satisfying.

Grace was with me when I turned my key over to Lois, the apartment manager. Lois and I had tears in our eyes since she'd been the manager for years, and we had known each other for all of those years. Grace and I held hands as I drove us to our new home. My heart was nearly jumping out of my chest as we went inside. Grace smiled up at me as she led us into our bedroom. After all of those years of living apart, we were finally living together again.

Cursum Perficio

Just before we celebrated our eighty-eighth birthdays, Grace's macular degeneration took a turn for the worse. When she woke up that morning, she suddenly couldn't see anything except around the periphery of her vision. Up until then, everything had been fuzzy and blurry. However, she could still see well enough to get around without running into things and hurting herself.

When I heard Grace's cry of anguish, I dragged myself out of bed. I went over to her bed despite the pain from my bum leg and consoled her as best as I could until Stephanie, the nurse, got there for her regular morning visit. For one of the few times ever, she cried about our relationship as she cupped my face and tried to make eye contact with me. Her eyes frantically darted around before she finally said, "Oh, Baby Doll, I can't see your beautiful face anymore," before bursting into tears.

I held her close and whispered, "I love you, Sweet Cheeks," repeatedly, all the while thinking to myself that it had been a long, long time, if ever, that I had a beautiful face. It did its job, but I would have said I had a ruggedly handsome face, not beautiful like Grace's face was. I cupped her cheek and rained kisses down over her face while she cried, and her body shook. When Stephanie came in to check on us, she went to get the resident doctor to come in and take a look after finding out about Grace's setback.

After a thorough investigation, he gently told Grace that it looked like it wouldn't get better and that the vision loss was likely permanent. Grace again burst into tears, and I held her close, rocking her and telling her I was there for her. I would be her eyes. The doctor took his leave, and I did my best to console Grace. Finally, Grace stopped crying, and I watched her gather herself and accept that she was effectively blind.

We helped each other take care of our morning toilet before Grace called Virginia. I dialed the number after handing the receiver to Grace. When Virginia answered, Grace calmly explained to Virginia what had happened. Virginia immediately said she'd be over this afternoon. Once Grace handed the receiver back to be hung up, she smiled at me and said, "We've got some planning to do, Baby Doll."

"You bet, Sweet Cheeks," I said, cheered because Grace was starting to accept her new condition and not let it crush her.

Virginia and Judy came over to visit shortly after lunch. Virginia went directly to Grace and pulled her into a hug. They stayed that way for a while, crying and comforting each other. Judy and I sat down on the couch and talked about the situation, watching the two of them interact. I loved how Virginia had always treated Grace like her own mother. I know Grace really loved Virginia for that.

Grace didn't take long to get back to her cheerful self, reassuring Virginia that she'd be okay. Virginia smiled at that, and I knew she was happy that Grace wouldn't let her setback destroy her. Virginia came over to talk to me while Judy spoke with Grace. Virginia hugged me and asked, "Are you okay, Kathy?"

"Of course, Virginia," I said, returning her hug. When I did, the pain in my leg made me wince, and Virginia got a concerned look on her face. Before she could say anything, I said, "It's okay, just a twinge."

While we were together, we went over the plans for our birthday party, making sure that Grace's sudden change in condition wouldn't change any of them. We all talked for a while longer, commenting on the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, before Virginia and Judy took their leave. Before they left, Virginia said that she'd let Mark and Amy know about Grace, and maybe they'll pop in to visit. Grace smiled at that because she really loved having her great-grandchildren stop by. I loved seeing them, too, especially since it made Grace so happy.

We spent the afternoon planning how we would handle Grace's new condition. Grace would walk around our cozy apartment, and I'd let her know if she would run into anything. Pretty soon, we had the procedure worked out, and Grace was satisfied that she could get around enough to keep me from needing to move around any more than I had to.

Over the next week, leading up to our birthday, Grace gained confidence that she'd be able to get around. However, she would still break down in tears from time to time from knowing that her vision wouldn't improve. Each time that happened, I'd hold her in my arms and assure her that I'd be there to help her, no matter what. She'd eventually stop crying and smile and thank me for being there for her. "Always," I'd aver each time, and I knew she knew I was telling the truth. I had made it my life's work to be there for Grace, and I wouldn't stop now.

We had a great time celebrating our birthday. Virginia had reserved a section of the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach for everyone to attend. Even my niece, Julie, and her wife, Gloria, showed up for it. I was so glad to see them since I hadn't seen them a lot since they moved to Oak Ridge, Tennessee, twenty years ago in 1998. Their program had been moved there to the new SAIC facility. She was the program manager now but was thinking about retiring soon. I was so proud of her for overcoming the obstacles due to her sexuality.

Grace and Betty held court for their families while Joe and I sat off to the side. I sat close enough to touch Grace from time to time to let her know I was still there. Mark and Amy, along with their children, Matthew, Jonathan, and Bonnie, all greeted Grace, Betty, and Joe and got teary-eyed hugs back. They all greeted me too, but they mainly kept Grace, Betty, and Joe occupied while we were there. Grace was smiling with tears in her eyes because she couldn't see what was happening but was so glad that the great-grandchildren were there. I reached over and took Grace's hand in mine and squeezed to let her know I was still there and happy for her, too.

Virginia and Judy hovered close to us, ensuring that anything we needed was immediately made available. They especially made sure that I felt included in all of the activities. Virginia hugged me several times and told me that she loved me, making me teary-eyed for a moment each time she did. I really appreciated that Virginia cared so much for me. I could never thank her enough for everything she's done for Grace and me over the years.

Emily and Shari spent most of their time hanging out with Julie and Gloria, comparing notes on how their careers were going. Virginia and Judy spent some time with Julie and Gloria discussing retirement options. Virginia and Judy have conquered their career paths and are well known in their field. Matthew, who was thirteen, and Jonathan, eleven, were embarrassed by all of the hugging and attention they were getting like boys their age get. Bonnie, who will turn nine next month, spent most of her time with Grace and Betty, ensuring she got most of their attention.

I remembered how Grace had broken down in tears when Amy and Mark announced that they were having a baby girl and wanted to name her Bonnie. Once Bonnie was born, Grace had doted on her, constantly offering to babysit her whenever she could. I had thrilled to see the spark in her that had been nearly extinguished when Matthew had been killed in Afghanistan burn bright again.

Eventually, the party came to an end, and Virginia and Judy took us back to our place. I hugged Virginia tight and said, "Thanks for everything, dear. You have no idea how happy you've made Grace and me."

Virginia looked up at me and said, "I could never do enough for Grace or you." She looked over toward Grace and continued, "Grace made it so easy for me to love Bonnie, Matthew, and Mark by accepting me as part of her family." Virginia looked back up at me, and I could see the tears in her eyes as she said, "I'm so glad she has you in her life."

"I am too, dear," I said through my own tears. I looked over at Grace, and my heart clenched from my love for her. "She is my life, and I'll always be there for her."

With that, Virginia and Judy took their leave, and Grace and I settled in for the night. It had been an exciting day, and we were both exhausted. As we got ready for bed, Grace looked my way and said, "Eighty-eight years is quite an accomplishment, Baby Doll."

"Yes, it is, Sweet Cheeks," I said, leading Grace to her bed.

Once Grace was in bed, a serious look came over her face before saying, "I think eighty-eight is enough. It's time to move on, Baby Doll."

I stopped making my way to my bed and asked, "What do you mean, Sweet Cheeks?"

"What more can we accomplish? I'm effectively blind, and you're in constant pain. Are we really living anymore, Baby Doll?" she asked, and I heard the truth in her question.

All I had left of my family was Julie and her wife, and since they never had any kids, once they're gone, there'll be nothing left of my family. If it weren't for Grace, I'd have thought about ending it long ago. But as long as she's alive, I will be there for her, no matter the cost. When she took me back, all those years ago, I vowed to be there for her, and I've kept that vow.

I put my thoughts to words as I painfully settled into my bed, "As long as you're alive, I'll be here for you, no matter what, Sweet Cheeks."

I'm sure Grace heard the pain in my voice, and I could see the tears leaking out of her eyes as she said, "I know, Baby Doll, and I hate that you hurt so much."

I reached up and turned off the light, and settled in. "Goodnight, Sweet Cheeks. I love you," I said as I closed my eyes.

"Goodnight, Baby Doll. I love you, too," Grace replied.

That night, I dreamed that we were back on that beach when we were both eighteen...

***

... Over the next two weeks, Grace broached the idea that we needed to move on several times. I came to realize that she was serious about it. I was a little worried about where her mind was, and whenever I tried to bring it up, she'd just smile at me and say, "Just think about it, Baby Doll."

As if I could think about anything else. I came to realize that Grace was right. We were really just going through the motions of living anymore. Each day we'd wake up, tell each other we loved each other, and spend the day just hanging in the dayroom visiting with the other residents between meals. Then we'd get ready for bed, tell each other we loved the other, and go to sleep. Gone were the days when we could just hop on my bike and go riding, even if we had no destination in mind.

Finally, I told Grace that I agreed with her. It was time to move on. We planned how to do it with the least amount of pain to our loved ones. I knew Virginia would take it hard since she treated Grace like her own mother. Still, life goes on, and the young will always lose the old, no matter how much they don't like it.

We both made sure that all of our affairs were put in order. Grace and I both updated our wills, not that either of us had much of an estate left, but we wanted to make it as easy for everyone as possible. Our funeral plans had been finalized for some time, so we just made sure they were paid for. We put our heads together and wrote a letter explaining ourselves and telling everyone that we loved them. Once that was done, there was only the method that we needed to work on.

We made sure to have everyone visit, not letting on that it would be for the last time. Grace hugged everyone for one last time, gamely not tearing up to give away what was coming. Once everyone was gone, we went down for dinner and one last visit with our neighbors.

Finally, everything was set. Stephanie had stopped by for one last check for the night. We both tried hard not to sound like we were saying goodbye, thanking her for all of the little things she's done for us over the past several months. We both said goodnight to her before she left.

As soon as we were alone, Grace turned to me, smiled, and said, "It's time, Baby Doll."

I smiled back, even though Grace couldn't see it but could hear it when I said, "Yes, it is, Sweet Cheeks." I guided Grace into the bathroom so we could get ready to go to bed for the last time. We took turns using the sink and changing into our pajamas. Finally, we left our farewell letter on the table for Virginia to find, turned off the lights, and went to get into my bed.