Receiving Grace Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm scared, Sweet Cheeks," I whispered as we settled in.

"I am, too, Baby Doll," whispered Grace. "Our life has been an incredible journey, and I've enjoyed nearly every moment, especially every moment with you. Now, it's time to see what's next. I love you, Kathleen Ann Jones."

"I love you, Grace Mae Jones," I averred. I recalled a bible verse I had heard put to music, oh, so long ago. "For whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge," I finished as I put my arm around Grace.

"That was beautiful, Baby Doll. Thank you," Grace whispered as she wriggled into me for the last time.

As I lay there, Grace spooned up against me, I listened to her breathing. I willed it to continue despite our plan, but I could tell it was getting slower and slower, with longer and longer pauses before the next breath. Then, finally, her last exhalation occurred, and at that moment, I knew Grace was gone. I don't know if it was my imagination, but I would have sworn that I had heard the faint call of a seagull and smelled a whiff of the ocean breeze as my eyes burned from the tears forming in them, knowing she was gone.

With Grace gone, there was no need for me to keep living. Grace had been my life, and I would follow her anywhere, even into death. I held Grace's body tight to me, the fingers of our right hands intertwined as I willed myself dead. As hard as my body fought to stay alive, I would not fail Grace now. I wanted to be with her, no matter where that was. Finally, a calm and peace fell over me as the pain that had been my constant companion for all these years finally subsided, and I accepted my end...

... [Sounds of seagulls calling and waves breaking on the shore]

"Sweet Cheeks? Are you there?"

"Oh, Baby Doll, you made it."

"'Whither thou goest,' Sweet Cheeks, 'Whither thou goest.'"

"Isn't it beautiful, Baby Doll?"

"Yes, it's perfect, Sweet Cheeks...."

Afterword

Grace and Kathy were soul mates by any definition you can point to. Their love for each other was timeless, and I like to think that they are now both forever eighteen and enjoying each other's love on that beach.

While I was putting this story together, I listened to a song by OneRepublic titled "I Lived." I have put a link to the song on my bio page. I'd like you to listen to it if you would. Grace and Kathy lived their life their way, despite the societal norms of their times.

I hope that, like Grace and Kathy, you live their anthem:

... I, I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give.
I saw so many places, the things that I did.
With every broken bone, I swear I lived...