Red Squad Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yezzzz, and I don't blame you." said the Chief. "He wouldn't tell me what it was, either, but do speak to him tomorrrrowwww."

"Yes sir." I said.

"I'll let you get back to your game and your family." said the Chief. "And happy birthday, Mr. Crowbarrrr. Now that you're old enough, I've put in the paperwork to promote you to Captainnnnn."

I laughed out loud at that unexpected joke. "Thank you, sir. Just don't put me under Deputy Chief Ross on the org chart. I'll let you know what Orosco wants."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And we go to the fourth quarter, with the score Wildcats 13, Bulldogs 0." said the television announcer. "Clarence Appletree has amassed 262 rushing yards today, and has 22 receiving yards for the only touchdown of the game."

The TV color announcer sounded gleeful as he said "But Wildcat mistakes and a great defensive effort by the Bulldogs have prevented the Wildcats from scoring more. The quarterback Johnson has thrown an interception, fumbled once, and had a bad snap exchange with the center. That and Wildcat penalties are keeping the Dogs in this game."

After more back-and-forth, the Bulldogs punted with six minutes to go. "That is six three-and-outs by the Wildcats defense today." said the Wildcat Radio color analyst. "This may be the best defense the Wildcats have ever had."

"They're the nation's best this season." said the play-by-play announcer. "The Wildcats are up to the line, and Appletree runs off left tackle for eight more yards.

He's gotta be getting tired by now." said the color analyst. "A ton of yards, but some questionable calls and some Wildcat miscues are hurting them."

"There certainly have been some really bad officiating calls today." said the play-by-play man. After a few more plays, he said "And with that run, Appletree is over the 300-yard mark; he has 303 yards. Wildcats are on the the Bulldogs 19-yard line, and FUMBLE! He fumbled the snap! A Bulldogs defender picks it up and gets up and runs, and Appletree chases him down and gets him at the Bulldogs 49!"

"That should come back." said the color man. "He was on his knees when he picked up the ball, and got up and ran. It's being reviewed."

The play was reviewed, and then came the stunning announcement: "After further review, the ruling on the field STANDS. Bulldogs ball on the 49 yard line!" Boos rang out over Wildcat Stadium, followed by chants of words that can't be repeated here. Let's just say there was a 'modification', and the actual term used was "DOG-****"

After a full five minutes of ubiquitous 'time out for television' commercials about a mythical Dr. Pepper town that sorely needed some Crowbar interventions, the game came back on. The boos continued to ring out, the fans ignoring the band's attempt to cheer on the Wildcats.

"And the Bulldogs drive has stalled." said the radio announcer. "The punt is long, long, and high, very high. And they down it inside the one-yard-line! The Wildcats returner let it go, and a Bulldog just caught it between the one-yard-line and the goal line!"

On television, the color analyst said excitedly: "This is the Bulldogs's chance. The Bulldogs fans are on this end of the stadium, in the corner. The Wildcats are as backed up as they possibly can be, inside the one-yard-line, and the quarterback Johnson has had an awful day, with several snap exchange fumbles and other turnovers. The Bulldogs defense needs to make something happen, and this could be the time."

I noticed that Carole had left her seat and was on the floor, peering intently at the television monitor that showed the Wildcats coming up to the line, the Dogs D waiting for them...

To be continued.