Red Squad Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Griswold: "Which brings us to present day. Crowbar, I'd like to think my actions opposing Malone's blatant racism were noticed and appreciated. And I know that your fairness to people of all ethnicities and religions is well known. But there are big problems elsewhere, especially in the big cities. Relations between the black community and the Police are not only very bad, I believe it's not going to take much for riots to break out, like 'Ferguson' or the Rodney King riots."

Griswold: "And with the God-damned Media ready to pounce and to gin up as much race hatred as they possibly can? It could be a bloodbath. The Media worked hand in glove with the Antifa thugs to cause as much harm and as much property damage as they could possibly gin up." I nodded in total agreement.

Griswold: "The gist of it, Crowbar, is that all the goodwill I ever built up with the Black Community, and the even better things you have done for the Black Community... will be up in smoke, perhaps literally, if even one bad cop does something that gets a black person hurt or killed. It's gotten to the point where just one Sergeant McCombs or Officer Hendricks could literally cause a city to be burned down with just one harmful action in front of the Press. And all the goodwill we've build up would be gone, down the toilet in one big flush."

Griswold: "So when you asked Croyle and Orosco to start looking to see what Officers needed to be monitored, I knew you were thinking along similar lines... but that wasn't enough. I also knew that the Press's rabid hatred of you would prevent you from doing some things that had to be done. So I egregiously went around you and to Ms. Croyle. We maneuvered trusted Officers into places and into groups to keep an eye on the bad seeds, and be ready to oppose the bad seeds like the 'Red Squads' of old did.

Griswold: "But Orosco, doing what you asked him to do, stumbled onto what we were doing. Fortunately, he became fixated on the possibility of the Blood Order being behind it, giving us time to back our real 'Red Squads' off. And that, Crowbar, is the whole story."

I nodded, then said "And really, nothing illegal was done. So you were trying to prevent a bad seed from creating a racial incident between blacks and the Police."

"That's right." said Griswold. "Maybe I'm being overly cautious or paranoid."

I said "And we know what you say about 'paranoia'. I agree with you that racial tensions are getting bad, and I fully blame the God-damned American Mainstream Media for a lot of it. I do believe that the Black Community has legitimate complaints. But the Socialists will hijack their message and any peaceful protests with violence, aided by a rabidly corrupt American Mainstream Media."

Griswold asked "So you think the Anarchists will use legitimate peaceful protests for their own ends?"

I replied: "With respect, Chief, the violent protesters, the violent thugs, are NOT 'anarchists'. They are Socialists. Their intent and purpose is the destruction of the Constitution and the overthrow of Government of the People, by the People, for the People. And yes, they will hijack and drown out peaceful protests with the purpose and intent of destruction as their goal."

"And furthermore to this subject," I said, "the Antifa thugs's and Socialists's ultimate goal is 'Patriotism = Racism'. Oppose Flag-burning? You're a racist. Oppose 'kneeling' demonstrations during the National Anthem? You're a racist. Support the Constitution? You're a racist. Respect the Founding Fathers? You're a racist. Just ask the Media; they're more than happy to accuse you of it. To the American Mainstream Media, Patriotism equals Racism. You heard it here first. Mark my words..."

Part 21 - Epilogue

Saturday, November 9th. I was leaving the office after a half-day, headed to The Cabin to join others in watching the Bulldogs play the Tigers, followed by the Georgia Bulldogs playing the Auburn Tigers in the South's oldest rivalry.

Traffic was a nightmare on game day, but Your Iron Crowbar had the advantage of driving a Police SUV, and I was permitted (by the TCPD Police Commander) to drive on closed roads and cut through traffic. It is good to be the Police Commander.

Laura was staying at the Mountain Nest, with Paulina and Cindy's mom Maggie staying with her. At The Cabin were Cindy, Callie, Betsy, Todd, Teresa, Doug, Mike, Jack Burke, Edward Steele, Marie, and of course Carole, Jim, Tasha, Ross, and Ian.

Half an hour before game time, there was a knock on the door. It was FBI Special Agent in Charge Jack Muscone, in one of his ubiquitous and stereotypical FBI suits and ties. I had him come in, and he greeted everyone.

"Don, I'm sorry to bother you at this time, but can we talk?" Muscone said.

"Sure, let's go out on deck." I said. We made out way outside. It was a beautiful day, temperatures in the low 50s, and the mountainside beneath us was a wonderful Autumn display of reds, oranges and yellows.

"What's going on?" I asked as we sat down, me in my normal spot, Jack in the chair to my left. Tiger Mom had come out and walked along the rail to see who was visiting, and had sat down to watch us. She must be easily entertained, I thought to myself.

"I was at the Federal Building all morning." said Muscone. "Some things have come up, and I thought I'd come by and tell you before I'm told to not tell you."

"Couldn't just tell Tanya, and have her tell me?" I asked, meaning it humorously. Jack took the question very seriously.

"Noooooo." he said. "I finally got her to set a date. We've agreed to leave work at the front doorstep and not bring it into our home. Unless it's a life-or-death emergency, I won't use her as a conduit to you, and you shouldn't use her to contact me, again if it's not life-or-death."

"That's fair." I said. "So, what brought you into work on a beautiful football Saturday?"

"First," said Muscone, "Amber Harris was transferred out of Sunnydale Medium Security Prison and into Midvale Minimum Security Prison. The reason given was her pregnancy; she's due sometime in January. But I have a contact at Sunnydale that said there was some sort of altercation there, but she didn't know what it was. If you have a contact that can get more on that, Don, you might want to look into it."

"I can try." I said. "What else?"

"As you know, Melina was sent out on a mission." Jack said. "Karina White has developed a bit of a friendship with Melina, which is surprising considering they are not what we'd think are compatible personality types..."

"Harumph." I muttered. "Melina and Joanne Warner are really close friends, and they're about as opposite personalities as you could have. But I've interrupted you, and I apologize."

"No problem, your interruptions usually add more than my original narrative." Muscone said. "But here's the rub: Karina and I have both noticed that whenever Melina gets sent on a mission, it's usually to get her out of the way, or she herself has ginned it up to get herself out of the way. In this case, I've gotten some info that the USDOJ's Civil Rights Division is gearing up for something in this region of the country. Something to do with the Police."

Muscone: "We thought it was the City Police, and I alerted Wes Masters in City I.A. to be on watch for anyone looking to create some mischief internally. Then Karina thought about this County. I know that you and the TCPD are on watch, but they've set it up where they can come down on Mayor Allgood at any time, then use that as a possible inroad to doing something to the Police-------"

"Ohhhhhh, shiiiiiitttt." I groaned, interrupting him. "Oh, fuck... I've been as blind as a beetle. Yes, they're ahead of us, once again."

"Shed some light on it for me." said Muscone.

"Let me just ask a question." I said. "What's going on with Jocelyn Moran?"

"She's pretty much grounded in Washington." Muscone said. "Why?"

"If she or her cronies, or Civil Rights Division lawyers start achieving critical mass and coming here, let me know." I said. "And if any race-based incidents occur, in the City, in Southport, or here, let me know. I'm beginning to see Moran's long game in all this. But put that aside for now. I suspect there's something else you want to tell me. Let go of your fear, and spill it."

"How?.... Good grief, 400 years ago." Jack said, something between awe and exasperation in his voice. "Nothing gets past you."

"It's going to be worse for you and your successors when Carole becomes the Iron Crowbar." I predicted. "So... what is it?"

Muscone exhaled, gathered his wits and courage, and said. "It's George Aurus, the Black Velvet Killer. He's escaped again. He's in the wind..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Bettina came into the Interview Room at Midvale Minimum Security Prison and sat down at the table. A moment later Amber Harris was brought in. Because Bettina was the Press, she'd been allowed to talk to Amber like a lawyer would.

"How are you doing?" Bettina said, their arms resting on the table as they leaned forward so that they could speak quietly.

"Good." Amber said. "The baby is coming along fine; at least that's what they tell me. And this place is more like one of those drug halfway houses for teen girls than a real prison."

Bettina nodded. "So why were you transferred out? Did you get to talk to Betty Morelli?"

"Yes." Amber said, then told the story...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A few days before, she'd been in the Infirmary Ward at Sunnydale Medium Security Prison. Betty Morelli had been assigned to bring laundered sheets and towels, and sterilize them in the autoclave. Amber took the chance to try to speak to her, and attempted to ask about Betty's baby, where she was, and who the father was.

"She's safe," Betty had said, "and my husband is the father, of course."

"C'mon, Betty." Amber had said. "I know for a fact that's not true."

Betty had walked away, gone to a guard, and was taken out of that area. Nothing was said to Amber, but the guards were watching her more closely.

Then the next day, Amber was assigned to take medications to the inmates. After the medications were distributed, she was walking in the hallway with the Prison guard back towards the Infirmary areas, when the guard said "Keep going. I'm going to take a leak." This was not uncommon, so Amber kept walking. As she went down the hallway, she suddenly felt a hand grab her mouth, and she was pulled into the small side room!

The woman that had grabbed her was black, and known as one of the meaner women at Sunnydale. She was holding a shiv, a piece of sharpened plastic, to Amber's neck. Another inmate was holding a shiv to Amber's swollen belly.

"You shout and I'll cut your baby out of you and leave it on the floor." the first inmate hissed. Amber just nodded, and the woman released her hand from Amber's mouth. Then the third woman came up. It was Betty Morelli.

Betty grabbed Amber by the neck, choking her. "Why are you asking about my child, bitch?" she hissed. "Why?!"

"I..." Amber gasped, "I just want to know who her father is, and where she is."

"Let me tell you something, cunt." Betty said, fury etched on her face. "I grew up in foster homes. I was molested at most of them. All of them were houses of horror, and I ran away for good when I was sixteen."

"My daughter..." Betty continued, "... is not in DFACS hell. She's in a good home, cared for by good people, and I don't have to fear for her like I did for myself growing up. She has a chance to make it, a chance I didn't have. And I am not going to let a fucking cunt reporter like you destroy that! You better not say nor ask one more word about my baby, or your own baby won't make it to term in one piece. Got it?... GOT IT?

"Y...yeah." Amber said. "I just want to help her."

"Bullshit." Betty snarled. "You wanna help? Leave her alone. Not one more word about her. And if you try any shit when you get out, I have friends on the outside that will fuck you up."

"And so do I, bitch!" hissed one of the other inmates. "You better think about your future, and your kid's future instead of worrying about other people's kids!"

Just then the door opened, and the Guard said "Ladies, get your asses moving out of here. Harris, back to the Infirmary." The women exited the room, Betty giving Amber one last hate-filled warning look with her eyes...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I didn't see Betty again." said Amber to Bettina as she wrapped up. "And then they put me on a bus and brought me here two days ago. So it's over, and I didn't get what we needed."

"Don't worry about it." said Bettina. "You gave it your best shot. We'll get something from Betty, but I need to make sure you're going to be all right. We'll be pulling some strings, and as soon as you have your baby, you'll be paroled out of here. They won't even take your baby away from you."

Amber nodded. "What about our plan? Is it still on?"

"Oh, you bet." Bettina said craftily. "And we've got Federal Agents ready and eager to help us. Once we're done, Donald Troy is finished. Utterly finished!"

"Good." Amber said. "May God damn the Iron Crowbar!..."

Finis.