All Comments on 'Remembering the Fantasies of Forum'

by Max64Scotland

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
oldbugleoldbugleover 3 years ago
I remember 'Forum'

I thought I was the only person to remember 'Forum'.....it was a truly inovative publication for it's time and made a permanent impression on my young mind. At a time when censorship and sexual values were finally moving on from a Victorian model it graphically demonstrated that sex need not just be 'missionary/wife/darkness'...... Some of the Forum surveys were also ground breaking......that 6 out of 10 men harboured the desire to see their wife/partner being sexual with another man!......who new, then!

SissyCrissy6245SissyCrissy6245over 3 years ago
Penthouse Forum Magazine

Thanks Max for my "Trip Down Memory Lane". As a young man the Penthouse Magazine was a little bit "raunchier" alternative to. Hefner's Playboy. Their Forum section was sort of like a "Letters to the Editor" section in the front of their magazine. Some genius at Penthouse recognized that there was additional revenue they could tap into probably due to the volume of letters they received from their readers. This led to the "Penthouse Letters" magazine, and with the variety of sexual proclivities emerging at that time (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, CD/TV, etc.) eventually begat "Forum". My increasing "Panty/Lingerie Fetish" was accepted in the new Forum Magazine which was a "Reader's Digest" for the sexual explosions/awakenings that were unfolding in America in the early and middle Seventies. I had plenty of quality "Panty Pleasures" reading Forum and could hardly wait for each new monthly edition. Now we all have the Literotica website, for me at least, to continue with my fetishes and fantasies. Thanks for this reminder of that bygone era.

tossthedice2tossthedice2over 3 years ago
Re: Fantasies of Forum

I remember the forum letters fondly, I personally preferred the Penthouse Letters over the forum, as in my opinion they tended to be more detailed with less of an emphasis on atmosphere. In the dark ages at the start of the cable era, print was king, and probably is a major reason why I enjoy reading erotica to this day. The memorable opening phrase, "I never thought this would happen to me..." still can bring a smile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It screwed up my life, too!

In my youth, I happened upon a stash of Forum magazines that belonged to someone else, and I read them to my heart's content. Two stories that stick in my mind to this day: the guy on his way home from college who stops off to spend the night at his aunt's house ("Those are your girlie magazines? Well, let's see what you've learned from them!"), and the guy in Air Force training whose co-pilot is a blonde bombshell ("How would you like to be in two cockpits at once?"). It probably screwed up my life, as I then expected normal women to behave like that. So now, in addition to Literotica (made-up stuff, mostly), I also go to marriageheat.com to see what real married couples do (true stories, mostly). Thanks for the memories!

Carl_BradfordCarl_Bradfordover 3 years ago
Variations

Thanks for bringing back fond memories. As someone else commented, this began with the letters column in Penthouse Magazine, then became its own separate journal, and then spawned Variations, which really catered to various (rather tame) preferences, from bondage to cross-dressing. The author mentioned his/her mental connection between Forum and Reader's Digest, which is entirely appropriate--reading Forum and Variations was physically very similar to going through Reader's Digest with compilations on different topics--and yes, I DID read it for the articles! I guess the advent of on-line porn in all its varieties has deprived written fantasies of their erotic force, at least for most people.

withinreasonwithinreasonover 3 years ago
Well remembered

I remember Forum well. It was a great mind opening education back in the 70’s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great, I remember waiting for yearly Penthouse forum of Wife Watching. My wife and I had many hot sessions reading but unfortunately she would not go further.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I still have a small stash of Forum magazines to this day.

Great memories I loved wife watching!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous