All Comments on 'Renaissance Faire Ch. 02'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

One page chapters suck.

I was just getting into it and the chapter ended. You need to double or triple the chapter size to avoid it feeling so short.

TeamEquipeTeamEquipeover 4 years ago
Too short

A story I'm interested in but you are going to lose your audience if you persist in posting individual chapters of this length.

I'll probably wait now until it's all been submitted before I pick it up again ... if I remember!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"Entra nel cattivo (Enter the villain)" - It's pretty obvious the villain has already entered, and Chapter 3 would have flowed very naturally here.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
I can't score...

this chapter as nothing of note really happened. I'll stick with the story for chapter three, but I really wish this was longer than one page. It seemed like filler and exposition disguised as dialogue.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Short.

Short ,but interesting, as was the first chapter. With absolutely no competition ,longer chapters would make this an easy *5.

oneofthecrowdoneofthecrowdover 4 years ago
Where is the Eroticism?

Put this one under Non-erotic.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
oneofthecrowd, it's patently obvious that this is a longer story, with background, tone and characterization

If you can't see that, then go back to being one of the crowd, and leave the bigger words for the big kids.

Just saying

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Nothing much

Nothing much happening here, but Richard going to be the snake in this garden.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Snake time!!!

Richard gets Debbie. Kate gets Rob...Finally!!!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Good story, but there isn’t much emotion getting through. For instance when Debbie and Kate met. The scene was presented in such a factual manner, that the reader can’t empathize with any character. The same with the opening night of the exhibit. I think it’s the lack of dialogue, preventing the characters from blossoming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The chapters are too short, the foreshadowing is too blatant, and you haven't really managed to evoke any real emotions since Rob's dance with his mother at his wedding.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
1346 Followers
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES