All Comments on 'Reservoir of Power Ch. 07'

by SisterRobin

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
SisterRobinSisterRobinover 7 years agoAuthor
Thoughts upon politics...

First of all; thank you for your kind comments.

As to the political part of this story, let me try to explain. When I was growing up, all of my favourite authors were science fiction authors who wrote the 'new stuff', as it was called then. SF was moving away from its hard science beginnings and into the realm of the softer social sciences. Heinlein, Farmer, Dick, and Chalker wrote about religion, politics, and sociology. ...and sex, lots of sex compared to Bradbury and Asimov.

And this is what I am trying to write. I asked myself, how would the various modern interest groups react to a reemergence of the Native Americans, People now armed with Were allies? I saw the ranchers in the Oregon standoff, and I had my answer.

I considered how the more fundamental Christian sects would react to Were who had their own deity... And well... They wouldn't be happy.

Am I wrong? If so, I'd be happy to hear other opinions, because after all; I'm just an amateur author who dreams that one day I can be half the writer that Robert Heinlein was.

Comments welcome...

masterhobbesmasterhobbesover 7 years ago
Great story

Can't wait to read more

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 7 years ago
I'm not even gunna

Lovely story, elegant replies Sister.

Danm though, the temptation is STRONG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story until now

I've loved this story up till now. If the politics continue, I may not continue reading it, though. Please stop with the boohoo narrative about the first Americans. So often people forget that they, too, were immigrants who settled this land, then they warred amongst themselves to control it. It's no different than any other cultures. It happened everywhere in history and likely won't stop happening, except through people governing themselves in a civilized manner, accepting their neighbor's right to their own sovereignty, and letting go of the PC narrative that everyone but white people are deserving of respect.

crazysexykool93crazysexykool93over 7 years ago
Great story!! 5*

Don't listen to the anonymous dickheads who don't have the cojones to comment under their real names. You take this story in whatever direction you please! (Just don't take too long to do it! Lol)

masterhobbesmasterhobbesover 7 years ago
Dear anonymous troll

Please try commentating with your real name, otherwise will just assume your commentary is meant to incite random rage from other readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Most Enjoyable!

Again another chapter that I enjoyed. Though the background can sometimes be dry, the anticipation of where it is leading is exciting! I am looking forward to the next chapter and what whisky Lake has in store!

Thank you!

DJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous