All Comments on 'Restless in Manila Ch. 01'

by VerbalAbuse

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AG31AG314 months ago

One of the deal breaker/maker aspects of a story for me is whether it is engaging from the get-go. I find it hard to analyze what makes a story engaging, but I sure know it when I see it. By paragraph 4 I was hooked, even though nothing much had happened.

The appealing tone is sustained throughout this chapter. Unfotunately for me the content veers toward things that I don't find appealing (lots of oral interaction, blurred boundaries). This isn't a fault of the author, of course, but I plan to only skim the next two chapters to see if they change. Probably won't.

Five stars for the quality of the writing!

Snippet of note

Bianca would rather talk things not sexual, or not all the time, Tom would rather not go outside sex. Still, he has to entertain her to some degree. When they do venture beyond sexual interests, the conversation often gets stale, sometimes downright awry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVerbalAbuse@VerbalAbuse
I was listening to a song Verbal Abuse when I had to pick a user name. I am here to read and write stories.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES