Robin's Way 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I said Morning Prayer then showered and dressed. Just after seven, I heard noises from the spare bedroom. Irina came down quietly in case I was asleep. We smiled at each other.

"Breakfast?"

"Please, whatever you are having will do, thank you so much."

I prepared us both a bowl of cereal with plenty of fruit and a pot of herbal tea. As she tucked in, I told her what I had done and who the Clewer were. She clearly trusted me as she calmly accepted it all. I was glad it was my day off, though I doubted I'd be taking much rest.

As Irina showered, I phoned the churchwardens to tell them that something had cropped up and that I wouldn't be about for the rest of the day. I let them assume I had gone up to town. Then I phoned the archdeacon's office to fill them in on the situation.

While Irina showered, I ironed her skirt and blouse and found a fresh pair of tights for her.

"You are perfect hostess", she smiled, stripping off the dressing-gown, and asking me to help with her bra clasp. I was a little taken aback, but happy to help.

"What do you think?" I told her she looked just fine, and she went off to fix her make up.

By the time she was back, I'd done the washing up and begun making the bread, my usual Monday morning routine. She watched, fascinated, and was delighted when I asked if she'd like to knead it. She told me it reminded her of home when she'd helped her mum; I told her that was why I delighted in doing it.

When we'd finished, I let it rise, and suggested we had some coffee. As we sat, she told me more about her life. Ryan's charity had provided her with support when she and her family had needed it, as well as a way out. She told me that she'd been aware that some of the aid workers had exploited the girls they'd been helping, but that she'd thought that as a worker for the charity, and with Ryan, she'd be safe. Then she asked the question I'd been dreading: "And do you know Mr. Ryan?"

There seemed no point in doing a St Peter and denying it, even though the cock had crowed many hours before. The question was how to say it? I decided to trust my instincts, and her, so told her the truth.

"Quite well. Indeed, until last night we were dating each other."

Her eyes widened. "And your telephone it was him?"

I admitted it had been, and told her about the text.

"You, too, had sex with him?"

She seemed somehow relieved when I explained the situation to her.

"But he is quite forceful and so handsome." She looked at me, intrigued. "Do you perhaps not like men as much as they like you?"

I explained to her that it was a question of morality. I did not believe in premarital sex. Her eyes widened. She took a gulp of coffee, then, putting her cup down looked at me.

"I think maybe you do not like men as much as you think you should."

I felt uneasy, wondering how to parry the questions.

"Do you, perhaps, prefer women?"

She smiled the sweetest smile. She reminded me, as I had subconsciously known she did, of Elena, who had been my best friend in the sixth form and with whom I had a sapphic affair. Quite innocent, but we had kissed and shared a bed, though to no great effect.

"You blush, Miss Robin. Am I perhaps in the ballpark?"

That was a good question. It was not one I wanted to answer.

Thank goodness for the phone, which rang at the right moment. It was the woman from the Clewer, Lynne, she was in town and wanted to know the way to Little Linstead, as her sat-nav seemed unable to find it; for small mercies.

As I stood looking out of the window, I felt Irina's arms round me. I felt her breath on my neck. I let her pull me to her and we stood together for what seemed the longest while. Something had broken.

Lynne's arrival put an end to our embrace. Our conversation did little to settle anything.

Because Irina was not an "illegal" she had a right to stay in the country as long as she was working here, which raised the question of her job. Her account was, of course, "anecdotal evidence" and without corroboration could only add to a picture of what Ryan might be up to, but there was nothing there for the Trust or for the police to take forward. It left us in the air. Lynne said they would be happy to find a "safe house" for Irina, but that would raise the issue of her status. It would not help in terms of finding out what Ryan was up to. Just as we were rather stymied, I made a suggestion.

"Lynne, what if Irina and I were to arrange with Ryan that she could continue to work with him? Irina, how would that sit with you?"

She smiled at me.

"Anything has to be better than going into some half-way house. We can't allow him to get away with this. What do you suggest?"

My mind working at full pace, I outlined a plan which I put to them both. It would depend on the Archdiocese finding a temporary replacement for me for a day or so, but that was where Lynne proved helpful, they could recommend someone. I phoned the Archdeacon's and with the sort of swiftness which never normally happens in the Church, we were set.

Lynne promised that their "people" would help and gave us the number of a contact in London. As she left, Irina looked at me:

"Are we mad?"

I nodded: "probably, but we can't let this go on. Are you happy for me to phone him now?"

It was her turn to nod.

I phoned. He answered. This would be the test.

"Sorry, darling, I was so exhausted last night I couldn't get back. But there was also a problem." I had it on speakerphone so Irina could hear him ask what it was.

"There was a strange woman, Irina, who came to me last night with some cock and bull story. I've set her right and she apologised this morning and wants to come back to work. She said she was supposed to be with you in town today, so I thought, given it's my day off, I'd come in with her. It would be an unexpected chance to see you."

There were times when my tendency to rattle off conversation at the pace of a machine gun helped. He could hardly decline such an offer, but of course, he must have had many questions, but could hardly be sure where to start. Sensing his hesitation, I replied in my cheeriest voice:

"Don't worry my darling, she told me what she'd done, and I told her that blaming it on you was silly, after all, you didn't force her, and men, after all, will be men."

We could both hear his sigh of relief. He'd bought it. After all, I was a naive virginal clergywoman, what did I know of such things?

"You're a gem Robin, and you see it correctly. If you want to bring her, I'll text the address, and perhaps you and I can have some fun later?"

Hold out the promise of a bit of carnal pleasure to a man and he'll swallow anything, it appeared, as he had taken the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

I telephoned the Churchwardens to tell them that an emergency demanded my absence for the rest of the week, but that the diocese would be in touch.

I went with Irina back to the Old Rectory so she could pack a bag, and from there we took a taxi to the station.

As we settled on the train, she smiled at me and, holding my hand as we sat, she leant in and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thank you, Robin -- do you think we can do this?"

I nodded, kissing her back. Then, over cups of coffee, we planned our campaign. Much depended on whether Ryan believed me, but then as he had no reason to suppose I didn't believe him, and as I was delivering the elusive Irina, why should not believe that his naive girlfriend was, as ever, being a good girl and helping out? The idea that I was working undercover would not, I imagined, occur to him, and the only undercover work he would have in mind would be of a more literal nature.

For a moment I felt overwhelmed. Quietly I prayed for help. Literally, God knew I needed it.

12