Roller Coaster Ride Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Something important has happened: it started in the hospital, gained steam last night, and just got strengthened by my assurances. My anger, distrust, desire for retribution, plans to leave and divorce her, to burn her and the assholes to the ground - somehow, all are pushed into the crevices as I try to help her heal and turn her focus from the horrors of the recent past to the potential brightness of her future.

As I go about preparing to go to work, I ask about her plans for the day; she tells me that the morning is with her mom, then lunch and the afternoon with Joyce, who 'has things she wants to show me'.

My workday goes very well. The S&C workouts are focused on learning to do lifts correctly, with the goal of testing maximums as a part of the 'combine' planned for next week to get baseline marks for each athlete in strength, agility, and speed. We will help each athlete set goals, and will have combines again in early April and the next to last week of May to check progress toward individual goals. The charts will show every athlete's goals and gains, and there is a 'team' component: the gains of the athletes in each sport are aggregated and then averaged as a 'score' for that 'team'.

Because many kids play more than one sport -- i.e. basketball and track - their scores count for each team. After the kids are done, the coaches and I will go through the same tests, will set individual goals, and we will share our scores in the same way their scores are shown.

During the drive back to the elementary, I call Doctor Charles. She asks for my take, so I give her a day-by-day summary, and end with a brief recount of our activities last night and this morning. She approves and is delighted. She suggests that both of us get another STD test, and if everyone is clear, we can resume all sexual activities.

I ask if Katy is cleared to stretch, exercise, dance, and otherwise test her body. She says she will check with the physician, but she's confident she is and will call back if there are restrictions. If she doesn't call, proceed, but remind Katy that pain is God's way of telling us not to overdo.

I thank her for her good work; she tells me "Katy is very fortunate to be married to a man like you", and asks me to call again Friday afternoon at two. I wonder what she would say if I had acted on my initial responses to Katy's actions.

***

Our evening together begins with playtime. It's a beautiful cool sunshiny day, so we go to the park. Katy is wearing sweats, and, at my urging, she begins slowly jogging the trail around the park while I play on the apparatuses with the boys. She quickly determines that three weeks without exercise isn't good for your conditioning, so after a couple of miles she joins us. I ask her about her day; she tells me she and her mother went did some baking for the church sale this weekend.

She looked worried when I asked about the surprises Joyce had, but told me Joyce wanted to show her some 'costumes' she had created for the dance team. "I told her I probably wouldn't be dancing in the future, but she wanted my opinion anyway."

She turned to me and looked searchingly as she said "I thought they were a little too risqué, but Joyce told me they were your ideas. Is that true?"

"If you mean the school girl dresses and the mini-skirts with thigh high hose, yes, those are my ideas. I told her you are entertainers, you're all young and beautiful, and sexy sells, so build on the fantasies of the audience. Is that too much sexy?"

She appraises me "First let's talk about how you feel about me dancing again. So far it's just gotten me into trouble; I planned on quitting."

With sincerity I assure her "You love to dance, you're great at it, and, to my knowledge, dancing hasn't gotten you in any trouble. The costumes you wear when performing certainly aren't a problem with me; in fact, I love thinking of you in your costumes, dancing and showing off. I am, after all, your voyeur, and you are my exhibitionist."

She tells me I'm incorrigible, says she needs to get in better shape before she can even begin to dance, but she's happy I'm not opposed, because I'm right, she does 'love to dance and show off'. Then she quickly adds that she's learned her lesson and won't let things get out of hand again. I merely nod acceptance of her assurance... inside, however...

The boys come running by and the oldest tells us he's getting hungry. I tell Katy that I'd like to take them to Bastrop for supper, and while we're there we can drop by the 24 Hour Clinic to get the tests Doctor Charles wants us to get that will confirm we're disease free.

She clouds up a little bit, but I tell her "Look, I can't sleep in the same bed with you any longer unless we either trundle, or we get cleared to act as man and wife. My balls can't take it!" She repeats that I'm incorrigible, with a little smirk, and agrees to taking the tests.

The drive over through the Lost Pines is refreshing, the Jalisco-style Mexican food is delicious, and the tests are quick and painless; we will be told the results Friday. The boys fall asleep on the ride home, and the adults discuss the possibilities for reuniting the dancers and the band.

As we near home Katy tells me she wants to spend half a day at school tomorrow afternoon. "Your principal says 'whenever you're ready' come on. The kids will love it!" She beams at the thought.

When she comes to bed that night I have the king shams wedged down the middle of our bed, causing her to laugh out loud. Not at all fazed, she simply gets in on her side, climbs over the pillows, and snuggles up to me. I welcome her with open arms but moan "Oh, my poor blue balls!"

She throws a leg over me and says "Maybe you'll get another morning surprise; regardless, just think how much fun we'll have Friday!"

I'm hopeful her improved attitude, mood, and sense of humor mean that the demons are gone, but no such luck; after an hour they are torturing her again. She's putting up quite a battle, however, so maybe she will banish them soon.

Thursday, January 14 and Friday, January 15

I enjoy a wonderfully mundane morning, an invigorating S&C program, a good workout, and then back to the elementary. My wife is already there, which is causing quite the uproar with teachers and students. She handles it all well, assuring everyone she's now healthy and ready to get back to work, and charming her sub while reassuring her she is doing a great job. She's a great dancer, but teaching is her calling and her gift, and she is simply glowing when surrounded by her students.

It's a good day, a good evening, and a calm night of restful sleep...until about 4, when her cries awaken me. I hold her tightly until she calms and sleeps.

The day begins with a Teacher Advisory Council (TAC) meeting at seven. Of course, they brought breakfast casseroles, so we eat and tank up on coffee. I assure them I appreciate the feedback and their ideas for improvement, and we quickly sketch out a plan for 'fleshing out the ideas' with input from all the staff. They leave proud and happy.

I greet parents and students, walk the halls to visit with teachers and 'to enjoy the good teaching I see going on', and finally make it to Kindergarten, where my wife is co-teaching with Sami, her substitute teacher. Everyone looks ecstatically happy, so I go back to the office, meet with the AP and counselor, and then do some of the paperwork I'm lagging behind on.

I remind my assistant/boss that I'll be at the high school this afternoon, so I'll see her Monday. We wish each other a good weekend, and I'm off. The basketball players aren't at S&C because it's their game day, so we take the guys outside for some football skill drills.

Our sophomore quarterback seems to have grown 2 inches since football season, and he's looking like he will be a college prospect in a couple of years. Our lanky, fast wide receiver/cornerback looks great catching the ball and running forward and backward, our 6' 190 pound running back is now our 6'1" 205-pound running back/linebacker, and I swear every offensive and defensive lineman looks bigger, stronger, and faster.

Amazing how misleading it is watching kids play football in shorts, I remind myself, but the other coaches are as agog as I am. Next year could be special if we can channel the talent.

The girls get a chance to sample the 'combine' events, in preparation for the real thing next week. They are excited and competitive, and I can see the girls' spring sports will be fun to watch; lots of talent in this group too, and the BB players that aren't here are some of the most talented.

I work out for a solid hour, eat a sandwich, and update Dr. Charles. She's happy with what she's hearing from both of us, cautions me to make her take it easy and avoid stressful situations when possible, and says she wants a weekly report, beginning next Wednesday for Katy and Friday for me.

"So, are there any other restrictions, assuming the tests are negative?" She laughs at my inflection, assures me we are good to go, but go slow. I tell her I never hurry through sex; she laughs at me again and we say goodbye.

***

The library is almost empty; I enter quietly, and Sandy blushes bright red when she sees me standing at her desk looking down at her low-cut blouse and short skirt. "Dang! I really like your new style, sexy Sandy!" I flirt, partly just to see how red she can get.

She blushes a deeper red, all the way to her toes it appears. "Can you help me find a book back in the stacks? I'm not sure where it is."

She's gullible, but not stupid: she tells me with a big grin that she is certain I can find it without her help, and she's going to sit right here in the safety of her desk. I shake my head, wander off, and then call her to the back for help. She gives me a wide swath as she walks back, stopping 5 feet away.

I've spotted the book on a higher shelf, and ask her to get it for me. She spots it, and without thinking, stretches on her tiptoes to reach it. That gives me a good look at her lightly freckled legs under her short skirt, and the pert round butt perched atop. I whistle softly, and she turns an even darker shade of red.

As she turns to hand it to me she stumbles, and I move quickly to catch her, draw her to me, and steady her. My strong hands are holding her up, and one is getting a good feel of her tight butt while the other holds her hip. She feels and smells heavenly; surprisingly, instead of pulling away she settles into my arms, her hands at my sides, and sighs "if only..."

I give her tight butt a squeeze, and step slightly away: "Thanks for the assistance! I need to stop by more often; a full service library is hard to find!" I tease.

Still blushing and nearly breathless, she puts her hand on my chest and says, "I miss you." I tell her I miss her too, and 'I hope to see even more of you in the future' while I look her up and down. I should not flirt and tease like this, but I can't help myself: her innocence is too compelling.

She shushes me and tells me she hears my momma calling, so I need to leave. I reach for her, but she jumps back, grinning and wagging her finger at me.

My next stop is the junior high, where the boys' athletics period is starting in 20 minutes. The campuses are contiguous, with the superintendent's office in between; I make my way to his office and ask if he would like to join me on my junior high visit. He jumps at the chance to get out of his office, and we chat on the way over.

I forewarn him "This is the group I'm concerned about, Dr. Burk. The athletes coming out of junior high have not been well prepared, and they are undisciplined. Of course, as teachers, we always want to blame the preceding grade, but the high school teachers say the same thing. I'd like to spend some time a couple of days each week over here to get a feel for the situation with the coaches and athletes."

He tells me he shares my concerns; the principal is kin to the former superintendent, and he's afraid that 'he's retired on the job'.

There are athletes on the practice field with a single coach, who is helping them prepare for next week's combine, just as our plan says. "Where are the other 3 coaches?" I ask aloud as I look around. The superintendent shakes his head knowingly.

Spotting Evie's son working hard and paying attention, I ask him where everyone else is. He looks at me and at the superintendent, pauses, starts to cover for them, but becomes defiant instead. "The other coaches are where they normally are, in the lounge with their buddy. Some of the boys are around behind the gym vaping, and everyone else is screwing around in the gym. Typical Friday...well, pretty typical for every day here. I wish I was in high school so I'd get to work with people who care!"

We thank him and walk around behind the gym, where we encounter five athletes vaping. We round them up and take them through the gym to the principal's office, as this is a violation of school policy, not athletic policy. Sure enough, the gym is full of kids playing basketball, sitting in bleachers, or jacking around with one another, with the only adult being an aide sitting in the bleachers who is fixated on her phone. She blanches and puts away her phone when we walk by, knowing her job is now in jeopardy.

We take the miscreants to the principal's office; his assistant is flustered as she explains that he isn't in, but she will go get him. The superintendent tells her that's all right; he will go get him. He seats the boys apart from one another, gives each a pen and a pad to write on, and orders them to write down what they were doing, identify everyone that brought and distributed the vape, and anything else they want us to know before we decide on consequences.

He warns them not to speak or communicate with one another, and cautions that if they do it will be insubordination, which is another offense. He tells the assistant to watch the boys and make sure they don't speak to or communicate with one another at all!

We walk to the Teachers' Workroom, which is more of a lounge, with couches, chairs, and tables. The principal and the three missing coaches are sitting in there laughing, talking, spitting their dip into cups, and taking turns sipping out of a 32 oz. glass. They are totally shocked when we walk in, and try to hide the damning evidence in their spit cups.

The Super is not pleased: "Gentlemen, I'm sure you are aware of the federal, state, and local prohibitions against tobacco products on school grounds, yet here you are, sitting in the teacher workroom dipping and spitting instead of being at your duty stations. Perhaps it's your fine leadership and modeling that are responsible for the five athletes in your office, Carl, that were vaping behind the gym."

Carl starts to explain, but what catches my eye is Coach Gray sneakily moving the other cup out of sight; that seems to have also caught the eye of the Super. "Coach, what do you have there? Hand me the cup you're holding under the table!"

Very reluctantly, he does, and Dr. Burk smells it "Alcohol? You're dipping and drinking alcohol on school grounds with school in session, while you're supposed to be conducting a class?!"

He motions to me to close the door, and he lights into them about all the policies, state and federal laws they've broken. After he finishes reciting the litany of violations, he informs them they are suspended for the remainder of the day, and are to report to his office at 8 am Monday morning.

They are to bring written statements explaining their conduct, and he will conduct hearings for each of them in sequence. After that, he will render a decision on the next steps to be taken, which may include a longer suspension or immediate dismissal. They will have the right to appeal his action to the board of trustees, but he doubts they will prevail; the evidence is too strong.

They are staring at their toes until he orders them to leave the premises within five minutes, without speaking to anyone else. They leave the workroom hurriedly, and are driving off before 3 minutes have expired. Dr. Burk tells me to handle the boys in the office first as students, and then as athletes; he's going back to his office with the evidence.

I go into the gym and tell all the athletes to take a seat and wait for me quietly. After reading each of the vapers' accounts, I assign four of them to the in-school suspension center for 3 days, and assign the boy who brought the Juhl to ISS for 5 days. Because they also violated athletic department policy, they are suspended from athletics until they serve their ISS time and do the makeup conditioning for missing workouts, including today's workout.

Dragging a chair into their midst, I make each look at my face and ask "This is strength and conditioning period: how exactly do you think vaping behind the gym helps you improve your strength and conditioning, and better prepares you for success in athletics?"

All five look down; I call one by name, and ask him to explain. He admits vaping has the opposite effect, but 'we just wanted to try it once, for the thrill."

"In a couple of years you will get a driver's license. I'll bet running the red light downtown would be thrill too, unless a truck T-bones you, breaks your leg bones so badly you have to have them amputated, kills a couple of your friends, and scars your girlfriend for life. Is 'the thrill' really worth the consequences?"

All five mutter no, and look up at me. "Boys, if you are EVER in possession of vaping equipment or vaping on school grounds again, you will be suspended from school and kicked out of athletics; if you are caught vaping ANYWHERE, you are out of athletics! This is you first and final warning: do not let it happen again! Is that clear?"

All five look distraught; they nod and say, "Yes, sir!"

I send them to go get their books and personal effects and have each call his parents. I explain on the phone to whichever parent is available that his/her/their son was caught vaping behind the gym. He is therefore suspended from school for the rest of the day, and will be in ISS the first three days of next week.

I hand the phone back to the boy, who has to ask his parents to come get him right away because he can't stay at school and can't ride the bus. There is a lot of yelling from the parents and contrite looks from the boys.

The tear-filled meeting with the instructional aide, who was assigned to an English classroom but was told by the principal to watch the athletes, is about taking her duties seriously. She promises that she won't do it again, no matter who tells her to. I send her back to her real duty station and go into the gym.

The sole responsible coach brings the other athletes in when I signal him to, and they take a seat. I give them a 10-minute lecture on responsible conduct, trying to become the best athlete and student they can be, and remind the eighth graders that high school is only a few months away. I inform them that those caught vaping are suspended from athletics and are going to ISS, and warn that from now on we will be looking for vaping equipment. If we find it, you won't like what happens next, so don't bring it and don't be around anyone who does! Young Coach Peebles looks as wide-eyed as the kids.

I dismiss the athletes to get dressed a few minutes before the bell, call coach over and inform him that his associates are suspended for dipping and drinking on school grounds, and must meet with the superintendent before returning, IF they are allowed return. As to their continued coaching, I just don't know right now; I'll see what happens and what they have to say. It is likely that I'll assign someone else to coach their teams, and I will hire new coaches ASAP if they are dismissed by the superintendent.