Romancing the Sale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
518 Followers

She sits down without talking. A large glass of milk and another of orange juice is in front of her. He puts down a plate with three pieces of toast each topped with two poached eggs, accompanied by about eight strips of bacon. Then he puts a couple of bagels on a side plate with cream cheese next to them.

She says, "This is way too much food for me."

Fifteen minutes later, her food is gone.

She looks embarrassed for a second time.

"I ate like a pig again."

"You ate like someone who hasn't eaten right in a while," Bill replies and she blushes again.

"Bill, I want to thank you..."

He interrupts, "There's a great park three blocks from here. I'll clean up the kitchen while you get dressed, then let's walk to the park to have our talk. It's cool right now but later, it's going to be really hot, so let's enjoy the morning. Okay?"

She nods and wanders off to prepare, but doesn't change clothes because she doesn't have clothes that are any cleaner, nor does she put on a bra.

They walk to the park in comfortable silence and as they walk, he points out something interesting every now and then, but he can tell she's getting nervous. They circle the park once along the bike path and then sit down at a picnic table in front of a large pond, facing each other. There are several ducks swimming in the pond making noises that ducks always seem to make and some are even annoying.

It's obvious she doesn't know what to say.

He asks, "What's your most serious problem?"

"I'm broke and don't have a job."

He continues, "What's your second most serious problem?"

"I have no place to live. I'm in a strange town with no friends."

"Do you have cancer or any other serious illness?"

"No."

"Are you wanted by the police?"

"No."

"Well then," he concludes, "You have a serious short term problem which will be fine in the long term and you don't consider me a friend."

She grabs his hand and blurts out, "Shit, that was stupid of me! You saved my life yesterday. I was desperate and you took a chance by taking in a complete stranger. I will never forget your kindness!"

He covers her hand with his and quietly says, "If it will make you feel better, why don't you tell me why you ended up at Karen's doorstep."

She talks for 30 minutes without stopping and he listens to every word. The first few minutes she's reluctant to say much, but as time passes, everything pours out. She grew up in a suburb of Chicago. Her father bailed out before she was born so she was raised by her mother. They were very poor, but her mom got her through high school and started her in junior college. Early in the second year, her mom had a heart attack and passed away. She was alone in the world and it was a burden on her for about a month before she got past it and moved on.

Her emphasis in junior college was business and she quickly got a job working for a small company in Chicago. Two years and two promotions later, she was making it in the business world when she met Don. Four months later, Don moved into her apartment. Their plan was to get married as soon as they can save enough money to feel comfortable.

Three months after Don moved in, he lost his job. For a long time he's been a sober alcoholic, but losing his job caused him to fall off the wagon. He didn't look for a new job very hard and the small savings they built up started to disappear. His drinking got worse and worse. His job hunting ceased. He abused her when drunk and her sex life became a series of rapes.

Ten days ago, Don paid her a visit where she worked while he was intoxicated and demanded money in front of her coworkers and boss. They were able to make him leave, but he yelled he would come back and kill everybody. He had so frightened the company that they told her she was fired, but gave her two weeks severance pay and her salary to date. That was the last straw and from then on, Dani wanted nothing more to do with him.

When she got home early that afternoon, it was obvious the apartment had been ransacked and left in a mess in another one of Don's drunken rages. The furniture was destroyed, most of her clothes had been torn or cut up and there was an eviction notice on the door. Don had taken the rent checks, but never mailed them in for the last three months.

When she went to the bank to get the past due rent money, she found out Don had cleaned out their joint account. The only favor the bank did was to cash her severance check, so she closed the account.

Dani met Karen at a charity party about the same time she met Don and kept lightly in touch with her even after she moved to Atlanta. She called Karen to see if she can stay with her for a few days and start a new life. When she arrived, Karen wasn't there, but Bill was.

Dani is sobbing as she finishes her story. The look of desperation returns to her face as she realizes, again, the mess she is in.

Other than touching her hand, he does nothing during her story. He's not sure what to do. Bill is thinking if he hugs her, she would completely fall apart and turn into an emotional wreck. Still, he has to give her some hope and he's not unaware, even at this moment, he's attracted to her.

Chapter 6 First Plan

Bill says, "Dani, as far as I can tell, you have a major short term problem, but that's all it is... Want to hear a plan to get back on your feet?"

She nods, not wanting to reply verbally.

"Dani, I'm really sorry this happened to you. Do you think you can survive it?" he asks using a soft voice.

"If I have the right resources, I can and will survive this," she replies with confidence.

"Good. Here's what I propose we do. To start, it's a two week plan. For the first week, you have to toss aside what has happened to you and get back on your feet. In the second week, we start looking for a job for you. Let's go back to the apartment so you can make a list of the clothes you will need to buy, along with personal items, to get you through the first week," he suggests...maybe orders.

"Do you cook?"

She nods.

"Fair cook or pretty good?"

"I'm pretty good," she admits.

"That makes it easy," he says. "You can stay with me for the first and second week. You are the official apartment cleaner and cook for the first week, except that Wednesday and Saturday we go out for dinner. I'll loan you the money for what you need to buy and you can pay me back once you start making money."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" she asks, wondering what his real intentions are.

"Fair question, Dani. First, you're my good luck charm so far in my sales efforts of yesterday. Second, when I first saw you and looked into your eyes, I could tell things were not right with you and I can't turn away a damsel in distress. Third, behind those tears, I can see a good person who has experienced a really bad and unlucky turn of events," he replies.

"Okay... Sounds good to me as long as you understand I will pay back every penny you spend on me plus interest," Dani replies.

"Fair enough... So, what do you think of the plan?"

"It sounds fair to me and I'm okay with it... I thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this for me."

She sobs again at her misfortune and he looks at her with concern on his face. As they slowly walk back to the apartment, he points out some features of the area again. Once inside, she starts writing her list of clothes and things. When she finishes, Bill checks the list.

"I don't see a dress or perfume for the restaurant tonight," he teases.

"Restaurant?"

"It's Saturday. We go out for dinner on Wednesday and Saturday. Remember?"

She adds a dress and perfume to her list.

He continues, "Put down a swimsuit."

"I really don't need a swimsuit," she says.

"Well," he says, "when we go to the pool this weekend, you're either going to be skinny dipping or wearing a suit. Up to you."

She adds a swimsuit to her list.

"Now make up a list of the meals you're going to cook during the week," he tells her.

"What do you like to eat?" she asks.

"Everything."

"Any favorites?"

"Yup."

She waits for him to finish, but he doesn't.

"Well, what is it?" she asks, a little frustrated.

"Everything," he says and smiles.

She stares at him, then puts her frustration on the back burner.

Twenty minutes later, they are ready to go shopping. They drive to the Plaza and walk into the first clothing store. At first, Dani is embarrassed as she buys panties, bras, deodorant, perfume and comfort clothes. Then, she wants him to tell her what dress she should buy and what his favorite color is on her. He gives her a vague answer so she looks for one she likes on her, which is what he wanted her to do in the first place.

It's refreshing to watch Dani forget her problems for a while and enjoy herself. Based on the clothes she has picked out, he can see she has a good fashion sense.

"Bill, what bathing suit do you want me to get?" she asks.

He tells her, "Dani, you have a nice body. Don't hide it."

She develops a mischievous grin on her face, then a skimpy, bright patterned bikini goes into the shopping cart.

An hour and a half later, they are done and head for the apartment.

"How much did I spend?" she asks, feeling embarrassed about the expense.

He replies, saying, "I don't want to tell you that just yet to keep some of the pressure off. You have enough on your mind, but I'm keeping track of every penny so you don't have to worry about it."

Then they go to the super market. As she reviews the choices before her, it's obvious she knows what she wants. They are going to eat very well the first week.

By the time they return home and put all the food away, it's late afternoon. He tells her they are going to a casual, but nice local Italian restaurant for dinner tonight.

He's wearing slacks and a button down shirt, sitting on the sofa waiting for her to come out of her bedroom. When she walks out, she nervously stands in front of him. The light summer dress she is wearing highlights her figure and she looks hot.

The frontal view displays her shoulders and the beginning of the slope of her breasts. While her hair is arranged differently, it also has a nice shine to it. Her light makeup accentuates her high cheek bones and he can smell the fragrance of her perfume. She's breathtaking at first sight.

He teases, "You, young lady, are beautiful, but would you find Dani for me please? We're getting hungry and need something for dinner."

She giggles and blushes at the compliment.

They have a great time at dinner. Bill asks her about her old job and it sets her off talking. It's obvious she loved her old job. The business emphasis she took in junior college along with three year's work experience convinces him they will have no problems finding her a job.

For the first time, she eats a normal size meal.

"I'm not always a pig," she explains.

When they return home, the day has caught up to her. She yawns as he gives her a glass of white wine.

He says, "Today has been a long day for you so one glass and you're history. See you in the morning."

She sips her wine and she's comfortably silent, but then he notices she is becoming nervous. He's only guessing at what's coming.

She finishes her drink and stares at the floor for a moment. Then she stands up.

"Bill, you have been wonderful to me and I owe you so much."

She reaches behind and unzips her dress. He quickly stands and firmly grips her shoulders. She stops and looks up at him, scared as hell.

"Dani," he says gently and loosens his grip, "you're the apartment cleaner and cook until you get back on your feet, but that's all. I appreciate your desire to thank me, but I don't want sex this way. Let's stay friends for a week, then we'll see what happens."

She looks at him in total disbelief as tears form in her eyes.

"Please don't feel bad because I stopped you. Honestly, I'd make love with you in a heartbeat and it's really difficult for me not to touch you. But if we do have sex, I want it to be because we're attracted to each other, not as a thank you or payback. If you do want to thank me, just give me a hug or a kiss on my cheek. Does that make sense?"

She says nothing as the tears run down her cheeks and her face contorts. Understanding his meaning, she stands on her toes and kisses him gently on the cheek, then gives him a big, long, tight hug, holding him as she continues to cry.

Pleasantly surprised, Bill returns her hug and she feels really good in his arms, but he also hopes the hug helps her too. Suddenly, she releases him, wipes the tears from her eyes, turns around and walks toward the bathroom, making no effort to zip up the dress as she walks away.

When she gets to the bathroom door, she teases him by removing the dress, then heads inside the bathroom in just bra and panties. Later, as she comes out of the bathroom, she picks up her dress, drapes it across her arm and pads to her bedroom without making any changes to her attire.

She's hot and his dick is hard. He goes to bed shortly after and masturbates, cursing himself for being such a gentleman. He's really lusting for her body and she's having an affect on him. He's allowing it, but the worst being, it hasn't even been two days since they met.

He's not sure where 'they' are headed, but this is a first for him. Dani is very good looking, in his eyes, and he's surprisingly attracted to her. Because he knows so little about her, he has be careful how they go forward.

Chapter 7 A Lazy Day

When Bill wakes the next morning, Dani is already up.

When she hears him, she yells, "In fifteen minutes, the pancakes and sausage will be ready."

He mocks her saying, "I want to sleep."

"If you're not here in fifteen minutes, I will find out how ticklish you are."

He laughs loud enough for her to hear him, then says, "Are you always this bossy?"

She doesn't answer, but does have a smile on her face. When he's dressed, he pads to the kitchen, stands behind her, wraps his arms lightly around her mid section and gives her a hug she wasn't expecting.

"What's that for?" she asks, happy he's doing it.

"Just because it felt like the right thing to do," he replies.

She turns to face him and hugs him for the same reason. They have a good time talking at breakfast. She seems to be happier and talks more about herself, and also about some goals she laid out for herself a while ago at work.

It's a lazy Sunday. They walk three miles about the area for exercise and after a late lunch, he takes her to the pool. When she takes off her light swim robe, he sees the bikini on her for the first time. Her broad shoulders and bare chest highlight her breasts, which are barely concealed by her bright colored top and she's filling it out quit well.

Her stomach is flat. Her suit bottom shows a lot of skin, especially her butt cheeks, which are both firm and smooth. Her long, smooth and strong legs are sexy as hell and her skin is pasty white from a lack of sun. He swears she's been working out behind his back.

She looks at him for approval, but then notices his erection tenting his suit and giggles.

"I'm speechless...and busted," he stammers.

She grins again knowing her body has turned him on. She sits on the lounge chair, puts some sun tan lotion on and they lay there for thirty minutes or so. It's approaching hot out so they swim in the pool for a while. That is, Dani swims some laps while he sits on the steps, watching her move gracefully through the water, but he does finally join her. They return to the lounge chairs and she lays on her stomach.

She asks, "Would you please put lotion on my back, Bill?"

He had a funny feeling she would ask so he starts at her neck and when he gets to her shoulders, she reaches behind and unties the string. As he continues down her back, he can see and touch the edge of her breasts and she likes the feel of his tender hands on her.

When he gets to her butt, she spreads her legs so he has access to the inside of her thighs. He hears her sigh once, but the rest of the time, he's trying hard to stop his fully erect cock from pushing inside her. Finally, he finishes the job to his satisfaction and hopefully hers.

"Thanks, Bill. That really felt good," she says as he reties her top.

About ten minutes later, a male resident approaches her, squats down beside her and introduces himself right in front of Bill.

"Hi, I'm Dave and you are stunning, but do you have a name?"

Dani doesn't change her position or give him any special attention.

"Yes, I do," she replies.

He waits for her name, but she remains silent.

"That's great, but what is it?"

"It's Dani," she reveals.

"Would you like to have coffee with me later?"

"Well, Dave, thanks for the invite, but I'm spoken for, if you know what I mean."

"Oh, sorry," he replies and goes back from where he came.

Bill says, "Usually, the guys don't give up on getting a date that easily... Spoken for are you?"

"I didn't think he would give up that easily either, but I'm glad he did... Beside that, I have no desire to get involved with another man right now," she replies.

He let's it go, not wanting to press the issue in pubic, but he does think about teasing her. Thirty minutes later, they return to the apartment. Dani needs time to take a shower and prepare her first meal, which is Beef Wellington and it's the best Beef Wellington he's ever had. She is more than just a good cook and he gives her several accolades for her choice of dinners.

After dinner with the kitchen cleaned up, they are sitting in front of the television. He's on his laptop researching the companies he's going to call on the during the week trying to decide the best way to present the software. A few hours later, Dani announces she is tired and goes to bed, intentionally leaving the office door wide open.

After she's gone, he stares at the open office door, wondering if he should start something, but decides it's too soon for that even though he has a strong desire for her.

It's been a lazy, do nothing weekend, and yet, it's been one of his more enjoyable weekends since he moved to Atlanta. Later, with that thought in mind, he goes to bed and who knows what he does before falling asleep.

Chapter 8 Work Day

Bill gets up early Monday morning and drinks coffee as he reads the news on his tablet. Thirty minutes later, Dani enters the kitchen with a nice smile on her face.

"Good morning. Can I make you breakfast?" she asks.

"Not during the week, Dani, just coffee for me, but thanks. Breakfast during the week for me makes me feel too full when I get to the first call. You can make your breakfast if you so desire. I only eat breakfast on weekends," he tells her. "How did you sleep?"

"Like a rock. When I woke up, I thought for the first time in well over a month, I might have a chance at life after all."

Then her demeanor changes.

"Bill," she asks timidly, "can I have money for cleaning supplies? I looked around and if you want this apartment really clean, I need some stuff."

He digs into his pocket, sorts out and hands her sixty dollars.

"I don't need that much," she protests.

"I wasn't thinking, Dani. You need money in your pocket just in case you need to buy something or for an emergency. I'll give you more money later."

Dani protests, "I really feel like shit spending all your money."

He grins.

"Don't do that to yourself. It's part of your job for week one. I put a key to the apartment on the counter for you. I'm the boss and we have a deal. Right?"

She nods.

"Then have a great day and wish me luck," he says as he gets up to leave.

"Good luck, Bill," is the last thing he hears as he goes out the door.

Chapter 9 Special Talents

MDSW
MDSW
518 Followers