Romancing the Sale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You are," she answers with a smile and a hug, but not feeling fruitful about his work plan.

"The boss is never wrong, even if the boss is wrong, but the boss is always boss. It's rule number one in business," he concludes with a smirk. "Let's go shopping."

They go to the Plaza and she starts looking at dresses and work clothes as he mills about smartly. She finds another nice summer dress that shows a little more skin than the first one and he's all for that. For her business call on Monday, she buys a silk blouse, blended jacket and a blended cotton skirt. It's a nice professional outfit for her, for now.

The rest of the day goes by quickly and he's not surprised when Dani reaches for and holds his hand as they return to the Plaza for dinner. It's another exercise in great eating and they walk home with full stomachs. She's getting to know him and is feeling very comfortable in his presence, and that make her feel good, maybe even happy. Again she holds his hand as they walk home.

She's hugging him more and more and Bill loves her for it. When they arrive at home, she comes to him and embraces him for no specific reason, which makes him feel better, probably her too.

* * * * *

Sunday is nearly a repeat of the previous Sunday. They have a nice home made breakfast and hit the pool. As he rubs the lotion into Dani's soft skin on her back and legs, he can feel her body tremble with pleasure as his cock tents his bathing suit. This time, two residents spot her at different times and approach her for a date and she gives the same response as before. That ends that adventure.

For Sunday dinner, they enjoy a prime rib roast cooked medium rare. It's another excellent meal and once again, Dani takes mercy on him and helps with the clean up for which he gives her a long, loving hug.

As they watch television later that evening, she's becoming nervous about her first business call the next morning. She cuddles to him and lays her head on his shoulder. Dani doesn't say a word, but he knows what's going on in her head.

"Dani, you know this program better than anyone else I know and you learned it literally overnight. Not even I learned it as fast as you did. So, just relax and do the best you can. It will be fine," he tells her. "Think about something different for a while, like how beautiful you are. I know you will knock 'em dead."

She smiles and sort of relaxes a little, but he puts his arm around her to give her some additional support and her confidence begins to appear. She settles in and relaxes.

"You remember those ten questions I gave you?"

"Of course," she replies very quietly.

"They are the questions most often asked of me on call-backs. I'm telling you, you know what you are doing. Just go with the flow and it will work out well," he reassures her. "My best advice is to listen to the problem and don't interrupt until they have finished the explanation, no matter how confusing it may sound to you. Then ask questions to clarify it in your mind, then lead them to the solution."

Dani repositions herself to give him a hug and it's a very tight one, then decides to surprise him by telling him she is looking forward to tomorrow. She gives him an unexpected kiss on the cheek, smiles and pads off to bed.

Chapter 14 Dani's Challenge

Bill neglects to tell Dani the owner of the company and him have become good friends since he sold him the software package. On the phone, he tells Jake, the owner of the company, he's bringing a rookie over so he shouldn't be too rough on her, but he wants his opinion on how she handles herself. Bill assures him that whatever she doesn't fix, he will get his people on board when he returns to pick her up.

Monday morning, he drives Dani to the company. She looks professional, but she's nervous and it shows, almost as if what he told her last night went in one ear and out the other. They're escorted to Jake's office where Bill introduces Dani to him. They talk for a few minutes, then Jake calls two people into his office.

After introductions are made, Jake says, "Dani is going to help you solve the problems you're having with the software."

Dani greets them warmly, gives Bill a quick, nervous look and follows them out of the office.

Jake looks at Bill after she's gone and says, "Bill, I don't know if she knows shit about your product, but she is one hot looking lady. Have you known her long?"

"Just met her a week ago," he answers. "She seems to be smart and I guess you could call her hot."

Jake rolls his eyes and snorts.

"You need glasses."

Bill watches Dani from a distance for a while as he talks to Jake. When he's convinced she looks like she's doing a good job handling their problems, he leaves and makes two call-backs for sales he made two weeks prior. Both companies are having trouble learning the software from the manual.

He returns to Jake's company a little before noon. His secretary motions him to Jake's office and he asks about his impression of Dani.

"You sandbagged me, Bill. I swear she knows more about the product than you do and she's a natural teacher. My people love her. She isn't going to take over your sales territory or anything like that, is she?"

He grins in relief.

"So she's doing well?"

"That isn't the word for it. She's doing great! And if this is a sneaky way to try to get me to buy the upgrade, it won't work. We're a year away at least if we keep growing like we've been."

Bill replies, "It's not, Jake. I would never do that to you. I really want to see how she handles herself in the field."

Jake snorts, "Don't turn your back on her, she might end up selling more than you rather quickly."

As Bill and Dani are in the car driving to a restaurant for lunch, he asks, "How did it go?"

She grins and says, "I think it went really well. Both of them want to learn and when I showed them how to get through the manual, they picked up things faster... They asked for my phone number in case they get stuck, but I doubt they will. It was fun... What did the owner think of me?"

He teases, "The owner told me you're going to sell more than me rather quickly. He thinks you're fantastic... Oh. I almost forgot, he thinks you're hot too."

She leans back in her seat and closes her eyes for a second, then chuckles.

She quietly says, "Now that I have a success under my belt, I beginning to believe I can help you."

He answers, "I think you can too. How serious are you about this?"

She looks at him with a sincere look on her face.

"I owe you a fortune, Bill. I'm still broke and the only fun I've had in the last three years was the job I lost, and being with you. I am ready to start my life again. I know I can do this and I want to help. I believe I'm going to like this job, but I will not except any money from you until I have paid you back."

They arrive at the restaurant and are seated in a booth.

After the waitress leaves with their order, he says, "Dani, put every other consideration on the back burner and focus only on the job. Will you enjoy working it?"

She thinks for a moment, then says, "Yes, I believe I will like the job, but I have other concerns."

"What other concerns?"

"At this moment, I can't tell you what I will need to be successful at this and it bothers me," she replies honestly.

"Not to worry. We will handle any problems as they are presented to us."

Bill is elated. He could have kissed her he's so excited.

Chapter 15 Trial By Fire

While still at the restaurant, he calls two customers on his call-back list and gets Dani an appointment for one in early afternoon and the other for later. Lucky for him they are only a block from each other. He gives Dani the contact person at each location and their address.

When they finish lunch, he drives toward the first place and on the way, he points out the bar where they will meet after her second appointment, then pointing out the location of the second appointment and drops her off at the first appointment, all within a short walking distance of the other.

After completing both his call-backs, he takes a seat at a table in the bar and waits for Dani to meet him. He calls her first afternoon customer and they thought she was fantastic and all of their problems were resolved in the first hour. The contact person said that he is glad to see that his company got smart by having a support person paired with a salesman. That makes Bill brain storm as lightening strikes his head. It hits him like a ton of bricks and he wonders why he did not realize it.

Then he calls her second appointment as Dani is walking out the door. If anything, they are more enthusiastic about her. She has to research one of their problems and get back to them, but she solves all other existing ones.

Seeing his car in the parking lot, Dani walks into the bar and squints, trying to locate him in there. She spots him and grins as she pads to the table.

"Thirsty?" he asks.

"Dying for anything cold," she answers.

They settle on a light beer.

"How do you think it went this afternoon?" he asks.

"It went good," she gushes. "Everybody is nice to me and they really appreciate that you sent me there to help them. I have to research one problem, but I think I've already figured it out."

"It went better than good," he laughs. "I just talked to both companies and they love you. You're more welcome there than I am."

She beams at the compliment and her eyes become a little glassy with happiness.

"Have you any interest in going full time as my support specialist?" he asks.

She replies enthusiastically, "Yes. Absolutely."

"I can't pay you much..."

"Bill," she interrupts, "as I said, you will not pay me anything until I have paid you back... Today, I have learned two very important factors. One, you represent a good product and two, I'm a good teacher. As I walked here, I knew I really want to do this job with you. The problem is, before I can make you any money, you're going to spend even more on me."

"On what?"

"First, clothes. Maybe I can wear this outfit two days in a row, but that's the limit, so I have to get more business clothes. Then I'm going to need a cell phone. All three customers asked for my phone number and I don't have one."

"Finally, we're going to waste a lot of time if you have to drive me to every customer, so it's either MARTA, a cab or bus, or a car. My car was repossessed in Chicago, thanks to my ex."

Bill thinks for a few moments, then says, "You're right, as usual. Tomorrow afternoon, we'll buy you more work clothes and get you a cell phone. I have to think about the transportation angle though, but you're right about that too."

They start talking about her day and her enthusiasm is contagious. They decide that, after dinner, he will create a list of customers that she will visit for the rest of the week and in the morning, he will call them and make appointments for her.

There is one downside, however. Instead of going straight to the apartment for a fantastic meal, they pick up an extra large pizza and take it home for dinner. It turned into a welcomed change.

Chapter 16 Working the Job

That evening and the next morning, they set up her schedule as well as his. They decide he will make sales calls near where she is working the rest of the week so he can take her to all the call-backs and new customer installations. He stays with her for the installations to help her through the procedure, but she picked it up really fast.

For her own experience, he takes her to his sales calls the next morning. Bill does all the talking until the client asks, "Who's going to teach my people how to use this software?"

"That's my job," Dani says, jumping in. "And I'm pretty good at it."

Bill makes both sales that morning.

Dani is on a natural high most of the week which she contributes to both of their successes in the field. She is so good at this job it is unbelievable to Bill, but seeing is believing.

On Thursday and Friday, Bill releases Dani to take public transportation as an experiment. On his way home on Friday, after stopping to get steaks, wine and other stuff, he arrives back at the apartment in late afternoon. The week went by quickly and the obvious conclusion is she is wildly successful. Dani is a natural and her self-confidence and product expertise is raising the bar. Their sales are on the rise and his income is following suit.

He hears the door open and she walks in a little frustrated, but definitely tired.

"I would have been back sooner," she claims, "but MARTA was really crowded and I had to let a few trains go by because they were so full I couldn't get in. Same for a couple of busses. I did get to see the four customers on the list and they're all happy."

He grins at her and she grins back. He can see she is excited about something, but is holding it back.

"Okay Dani, out with it?" he says with a smile.

She asks, "Did you make a sale today?"

He answers, "I'm close on one, but need to see him again next week. The rest didn't work out, so no sales today."

"Wrong," she gushes.

"What do you mean 'wrong'?"

"You did make a sale today," she teases. "I was with a customer when his friend walks in. One thing led to another and he wanted me to demo the software. I did and he said to send him the contract. He wants it! Here's his contact information."

He's in shock, overwhelmed...and pleased. He stands up and bear hugs her. He's so impressed with his support specialist he's having a tough time dealing with it. Not only is she a sight for sore eyes, she is personable and intelligent as hell.

"You made the sale, not me. Congratulations... You're a real winner and a great partner."

She looks up at him and her eyes are sparkling with happiness so he kisses her without thinking. It just seems like the right thing to do. She must have thought so too as she returns the kiss enthusiastically.

Operating on a highly happy scale, she skips to her room, changes clothes and opens the wine. Bill cooks the steaks while she makes the salad, bakes some pre-made onion rings and they sit down to a nice dinner.

Dani's adrenaline is still pumping at breakneck speed and she wants to talk about her call-backs and the sales he made. Resulting from that discussion, she suggests that he give her the list of all the sales he's made since he got to Atlanta and she will call them and ask how things are going. If they need help, she will go there. If they are happy, she will suggest that any referrals would be appreciated.

Bill agrees it's a great idea. They talk about the future and decide Dani will perform all installations, training and call-backs and he will spend all his time in sales, nothing but sales.

It getting late and the wine is getting to them so they stand up and she looks at him. It's been a long week. They are tired and grubby and the weekend is ahead of them. He kisses her lightly on the lips, gives her a long hug and says good night. She goes to her room and he goes to his.

Laying in bed that night, he remembers those moist lips and the feel of her breasts as they hug. He's beginning to crave both her body and intellect. If she feels like he does, their relationship will soon be blossoming.

Chapter 17 Date Night

Bill wakes up the next morning, gets dressed, heads for the kitchen and turns the coffee on. When she comes into the kitchen, they give each other a nice warm hug, then he fixes breakfast and they enjoy the fruits of his labor. The meal is good, even by her standards.

After breakfast, he says, "This is the end of week two. Let's go to the park and work on week three, assuming you want a week three."

"Yes, I want week three and you know it. Lets go," she says as her confidence blossoms.

As they walk to the park, she takes his hand in hers, squeezes it and doesn't let go. He returns the squeeze as they walk to the park again, sit at the same ole table they always have and he begins the conversation.

"You're not the same person I met two weeks ago. The person I'm looking at now is a professional, a winner. Two weeks ago, I didn't know if you could bounce back from your problems."

She grins but then turns serious and says, "I feel better about my life now, thanks to you, but I still owe you a ton of money and I'm still broke."

"Dani, oh Dani, you are so much richer than you realize."

Her eyes tear up and run down her cheeks.

"This morning we're going to get you a car on a monthly rental. We're wasting too much time with you taking public transportation or me driving you."

"That's going to cost you even more money," she points out.

"Not to worry. You're the best investment I've ever made so do yourself a favor and forget about money. I do this for you because I want you working with me as much as you want to work with me. Who's the boss?" he teases.

She smiles, her eyes still watering, and points at him.

"And next," he continues, "you're going to the Plaza to buy a classy dress for our dinner tonight. I'm taking you to a really nice French restaurant. Is it okay with you if I take you there as our first official date?"

"You don't have to..."

"Dani," he interrupts, "a yes or no will suffice."

She just grins and touches his hand.

"Yes, I would love to have my first date with you tonight... Under one condition."

"And what is that may I ask?"

"That it's not our last date."

"I think that can be arranged. I'll check my schedule and let you know," he teases and smiles.

She smiles. They understand each other.

Off they go to pick up a rental car, the one she selects is a compact car, and she follows him home. From home, they return to the Plaza for the classy dress, but Dani insists he disappear. She will pick out the dress and surprise him that night.

He reluctantly agrees, signs a blank credit card slip, gives it to Dani and leaves, telling her to meet him at the sports bar. He will be at the bar sipping a beer.

An hour later Dani joins him carrying a rather large box.

"Do you like it?" he asks.

"I do," she replies, "but the real question is whether or not you like it."

He agrees and carries the box as they return home. She holds his hand every chance she gets and he gives her a hug every chance he gets, but the box gets in his way.

He's beginning to believe he's falling for this girl and can't stop it. They spend the rest of the day with each other in romantic scenarios and he cannot be happier with the blossoming woman with him.

* * * * *

It's early evening and he's waiting for Dani to come out of her bedroom. He makes drinks and waits for her so they can begin happy hour. When the door opens, she walks into the livingroom and stands before him.

The dress is a bright rainbow color with a stunning arrangement of blue silk that highlights her eyes. The dress is bare to the slope of her breasts, making it a nice view to stare at, which he does. Her broad shoulders, breasts and narrow hips accentuate her slender figure. It's long, down to her ankles and when she turns, the slit of her dress shows a slim, strong, sexy leg.

He can smell her pleasant fragrance and can see her minimal but adequate make up. He's already half erect and hasn't even touched her. Bill is awestruck by her natural beauty.

"Where are you hiding Dani?" he asks, getting a smile from her lipstick.

Then he admits, full of amazement, "I've never had a woman, as beautiful as you, this close to me. I will likely be staring at you all night."

Dani has an impish grin and responds with one of his standard lines, "Come on, Bill. Don't be shy. Tell me how you really feel."

He responds, "The day I met you is by far the happiest and luckiest day of my life."

Her grin fades and her eyes turn teary as she sobs.