All Comments on 'Rough around the Edges Ch. 05'

by Myanlass

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
C_frommnC_frommnalmost 15 years ago
Sister's Bah Hum Bug !!!

Love the Story and esp. Dante & Debra working together

those 2 should consider doing each other since

neither of them can stay Tru to their Mate's

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 15 years ago
This was indeed rough

Nice scene with Nicole and Gale at the end, but both Jade and Nicole need a backbone when dealing with her. This chapter really suffered for lack of editing. At the start, there's a ton of problems with verb tenses. The dialog is kind of clunky; more contractions (I'm, you're) would help it flow more smoothly. If Jade's dress stops "below" her boobs, then it's either really short, or she's flashing everyone. :) The POV/scene changes were very abrupt, a line or something separating them would be helpful. I found the argument at the party a little confusing; Jade didn't really seem to say anything, but I guess James was just spoiling for a fight.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Perfect

Gale can go suck a duck!!!... She doesn't know anything about him or their relationship and what they have or could have and/or developing. She knows she's just saying this stuff because of the race card... If she thinks he's the perfect man why doesn't she get with that cheating loser??? I know she's trying to be a good sister but she's just coming of as a BIG BITCH!!!!! Also the way she treats her sisters is not cool... if my sisters tried that they'd in for a rude awakening. And Jade and James are so perfect for each it hurts. Maybe her sister just needs to see it for herself. And both James and Jade need to stop letting the wicked words about their relationship get in their heads... they need to listen to their hearts and continue to do what they do... Sorry for ranting. Love the story!!! Please don't make us wait so longer for another chapter :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
LOVE IT.

Loved this chapter. I like how Jade and James are getting closer and are an official couple. Now for the other problem other tyhan the exes, the big sis. Gale. While I'm sure she has good intentions, I hope she leaves Jade and James be so they can work on their relationship. I also hope to see a pairing or two for Gale and Nicole. That will be nice. Looking forward to another update.

honeybreehoneybreealmost 15 years ago
Good, good and very good

Nice chapter and update but the flow and the writing was lacking a bit for me. I agree with another reader the change of perspective of the characters threw me a bit, it wasn't an easy transition more like abrupt because every time you cut to the scene with Dante and Deborah or back to James or Jada, I thought all the characters were in the same place and times when that was not the case. I love James and Jada together but they need to get a clue and come off of it already! They are suppose to be strong, tough and independent individuals but seems easily influeneced by other people's opinions, their problems aren't that big like they are making it seem. But the sisters were a nice touch, I hate to say it but I know women like Gale, so that was very realistic, I see where Gale is coming from with their dad but the race card? She needs to get a hint or buy a clue! Yet, Nicole is just to cute I would like to read how she blossoms if she is sticking around. Nice update regardless!

hotcocoa6904hotcocoa6904almost 15 years ago
Loved the update!!

Gale needs to sit down somewhere. Who the hell does she think she is? And to believe Dante of all people. I would rather take the hot grease monkey, then the one that would cheat on me. Jade needs to make these decisions herself, she is grown. I hope that this doesn't make her do something stupid. Thank you for updating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Bats'R'Us

I got a bat...I think she should use to to beat her sister. D;

Can't judge a man by what other men have done, or his race.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Loved it

Oh my gosh Gail needs to back up!! giving advice is one thing but trying to run someones life is another I hope she doesnt listen to her sister. When is Dante and His trashy acomplish going down. Thank you for updating

C_girl225C_girl225almost 15 years ago
omg

i love ur stories. they are really good. the only thing i can tell u is keep writing. LOVED IT =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
grr

i hate gale already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story! Please edit!!!

I love this story so far, but you really need an editor. Btw, please pick 1 last name for James and stick with it. In only 5 chapters, he has already been James Morris, James Barr, and James Conrad.

THELOVELY1GLOTHELOVELY1GLOalmost 13 years ago
Life

We all have our own paths to walk. What type of sister would judge instead of supporting? I know, one that needs to live her own life!

bemrblubemrblualmost 13 years ago
Wonderful story!

... but I agree with the need for an editor. The mix of past and present tense gets really confusing after a while.. as well as the mixed up names.

But other than that, WONDERFUL story! You are truly talented.

Jujubee58Jujubee58about 12 years ago

Damn, does Jade know how to stick up for herself? Grow a set Jade, and stop letting family pick your man for you!

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmover 11 years ago
Fuckin' scheming bitch skeezers, Dante and Deborah....yuck!!!!

Jade's sister is only going to turn up the heat between Jade and James.

James is too soldier savvy not to see the shit that Dante and Deborah are working. Just a matter of time before one misstep reveals their malignant intent. I'm tapping my fingertips.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
James has had three last names and was demoted.

What is James's last name? First it was Morris, then something else, and now Conrad. Also, he went from being a commissioned CO to a non-commissioned officer. What gives?

nieniernienieralmost 11 years ago
I am loving the story but...

I am loving the story and I don't mean to be a picky missy but why does James' last name keep changing.

Jade when having the box delivered called him James Morris

Deborah said James Barr

Now it's James Conrad

Confused and I know that you may think it trivial but just asking also in Scott and Katrina's story the ex-wife's name was Lorraine not Deborah...again trivial just saying.

Thank you for sharing.

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Meaty chapter..it's was good except for the constant name changes and certain details being inconsistent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Story!

Wonderful writing, just confused if James's last name is still Morris or if it is now Conrad :D Otherwise it's perfect!.

lissahoney305lissahoney305almost 10 years ago
OU

IS IT ME OR ITS OTHA THAT CNT STAND GALE

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous