Rules are Made to be Broken Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'The changing room is right through here,' he continues, ushering Sam into a side room, 'take your time and let me see when you're ready.' Sam looks at me, overwhelmed and I just smile and shrug. There's no point trying to derail Franco when he's mid-vision.

'So,' Franco turns his attention back to me as the changing room door closes, 'What happened to your little "no dating" rule? details; right now, you little minx.' He whispers with an arched brow.

I put down the grey silk evening gown I've been admiring and give him my very best wide-eyed innocent look,

'There's not much to tell really, we met a couple of weeks ago, he's just back in the country, and we've been hanging out.' I surmise nonchalantly.

'And fucking.' Franco adds bluntly. I look at him in mock shock. 'Oh, come on Jessica, the man is delicious, and obviously doesn't play for my team; I'd be worried if you weren't fucking him.' I pout coquettishly, giving nothing away. 'Well at least tell me where you found him', he continues on his desperate quest for information.

'I met him at work.' I answer a bit too quickly.

'At that dusty old bookshop?' Franco asks, horrified.

'Uh huh.' I lie, awkwardly.

'Wow. I really need to start reading more.' Franco shakes his head in disbelief.

Just then, Sam emerges from the changing room. I'm not sure which jaw hits the floor first, mine or Franco's.

He looks utterly divine. The suit is perfect; Franco really does know his stuff. The fabric is black, but with a deep, indigo undertone that's only noticeable in the light and somehow makes Sam's eyes even bluer than usual. It clings to him wonderfully, accentuating his broad shoulders to perfection. The bow tie hangs loose against the white cotton shirt which is undone at the collar.

'I have no clue how to tie these things' he shrugs and I can't help smiling at him.

Suddenly Franco leaps into action, congratulating himself in Italian as he fusses about pinching at the fabric and adding pins here and there.

'Okay. Go strip, I will work my magic and you can come pick up a masterpiece after you take Miss Belissima here to lunch.' He announces with a flourish. Sam retreats back into the changing room and I'm almost overcome by an urge to follow him.

After we've said our goodbyes to Franco and we're back out on the street, Sam takes my hand as we walk along.

'So, he was - enthusiastic.' He starts,

'He lives and breathes fashion!' I reply in a dreadful fake Italian accent. Sam smiles and asks,

'How do you know him?'

'We used to work together' he looks horrified at my reply. 'At a bar, when I was at college!' I correct his corrupted train of thought and I see him breathe a sigh of relief.

'Well, thanks to you & your general brilliance, that's my evening wear sorted -- did you see anything in there that you'd like for you?' he asks casually.

'Mr Byron, I am more than capable of dressing myself, and much as I'm sure my dear friend Franco would be delighted to make another sale, I have plenty of options to choose from already!' I reply indignantly.

'Oh, I don't doubt it,' he answers, stopping to pull me in to him, 'But if we get you something new, it will save us a trip back to your place and I can have you all to myself a while longer.' He plants a soft kiss on my lips and fixes me with sparkling blue eyes and that self-assured half smile that I'm getting less and less able to resist.

'A lady doesn't get black tie event ready with just a new frock, Mr Byron' I reply, 'I'll need to go back anyway - for shoes, makeup, hair brush - underwear!' I add for effect.

'So, get it all, whatever you need; my treat.' He replies with a nonchalant wave of his hand. I roll my eyes at him. He really does have more money than sense. But that grey silk gown was stunning. And I can't deny that I do rather like the idea of spending the whole day with him, uninterrupted.

'Fine,' I concede and his grin widens into a pleased with himself smirk, 'but I can pay my own way.' He starts to protest and I put my finger to his lips, 'No arguments.' He scowls a little then kisses my fingertip.

'Have it your way wench.' I smile triumphantly and he gives me a quick swat across the bottom with his palm before putting his arm around my waist.

12