All Comments on 'Rum and Co-cah Co-lah'

by JuanSeiszFitzHall

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
OmenainenOmenainenover 2 years ago

Now this makes me yearn for cold drinks and hot sex under the palm trees.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story of women understanding their sexuality. Rum and Coco cola was originally by Lord Invader, a Trinidad calypso singer. The original lyrics were clearly about prostitution and highly critical of American servicemen and what they did to Trinidad. While Trinidad women were also criticised for their part, the main target was the Americans. The song was not racist about Trinidad women, Lord Invader being a local. The song was heard by Morley Amsterdam who was visiting to entertain the American troops. He stole the song, rewriting it a bit to tone down the social comment, and copyrighted it himself. The Andrew's sisters recorded it, apparently not knowing its history. After the was Amsterdam lost a court case and the original writers were awarded damages.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJuanSeiszFitzHall@JuanSeiszFitzHall
'Juan Seisz FitzHall' is (big surprise) a pseudonym, under which I have published three erotic novels at smashwords.com: 'Mega Platinum VIP,' 'The Dance Game,' and 'Erotopia,' which together make up the trilogy 'The Erotichronicles.' That trilogy is finished. If the characters...