Runaway Fantasy Pt. 01

Story Info
A naive girl (18) runs off to meet her internet friend (45).
11.8k words
4.32
12k
12

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/23/2023
Created 08/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
becca20S
becca20S
105 Followers

Before I start, I wanted to write a quick thank you to everyone who gave me such wonderful support in response to my first story, Dormant Desires. I really had no idea what to expect before submitting that piece, and to be honest I was quite nervous. But after reading everyone's extremely kind words, both in the comments on Literotica as well as in the private messages some of you sent, I just wanted to let everyone know that you've made this process so much easier than I had feared. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

And as you can obviously tell, I'm back with another story to share! Now this tale is going to be a completely different process, mainly because while Dormant Desires was my attempt to recreate an event that actually happened to me in real life, this next story, Runaway Fantasy, is complete fiction. Well... mostly fiction, as I'll explain in a bit.

So the events in this story are definitely made up. In other words, they aren't based on anything I've had happen to me, or anything I've heard of happening to someone else. They're just a byproduct of my overactive imagination.

The primary male character in this story, Mike, is also completely made up. I can safely say that he doesn't remind me of anyone I know personally, but instead is based on a number of male figures I've come to relate to through my readings on Literotica. To be honest, I've never really known any sex-obsessed men in real life, as my longtime husband was basically the complete opposite of that. But through all my countless readings on here, I feel like I've gained a decent appreciation of the male mind, both from the characters that exist in these stories, as well as the men that are obviously doing the writing behind the scenes. And so I've tried to draw on all of that inspiration to create a unique, interesting, and unapologetically horny middle-aged, man, that I'm calling Mike.

So given all of that, it's my hope that he also ends up being a believable character. Considering that his actions drive a significant amount of this story's plot, it's important that he comes across as relatable and realistic, especially to the male readers, so that the story itself becomes plausible. This is my very first attempt at writing something fictional, and as I'm realizing, there can be a trade-off between how interesting and entertaining a tale is, and how believable it is when you read it. So hopefully I'm able to strike an appropriate balance between the two.

Now this is where the non-fiction element comes in. The main female character and narrator, Becca, is actually going to be based on me. More specifically, she is going to be modeled after who I was when I was 18 years old. This story does take place in present day, though, so given that I'm currently 40 years old in real life, I'm going to do my best to imagine what I would've been like as an 18-year-old living in today's world. I'll try to convey my thoughts and actions as realistically as possible, with the only caveat being that it's a little difficult to remember just how naive I actually was all those years ago. :P

In addition to trying to simulate what my mental and emotional state would've been like if I had been presented with the scenario in this story, Becca's character will also reflect all the physical characteristics I had when I was 18. On top of that, a number of the small anecdotes I use throughout this piece are based on things I actually did or events that really did happen to me when I was younger. So if nothing else, perhaps this story will give you some insight into what I was like when I was in my late teen years.

And finally, I wanted to make one quick note about the chapter format I'm going to be using. Like my first story, I'll be breaking this piece up into a handful of parts. But this time, each part is going to represent a single day in the story, meaning it will end when I go to sleep, and be continued in the next part when I wake up. The story begins on a Sunday afternoon and ends on the following Thursday, so there will be five days, and therefore five parts in total. I hope you enjoy it!

############

Runaway Fantasy * Sunday * (first day)

I'm pretty nervous. I mean how could I not be? But the very specific list of instructions Mike gave me to do before leaving is giving me something to focus on, which definitely helps.

My phone is all taken care of. I changed the main passcode on it, powered it completely down, and hid it in a zipper pouch of one of about two dozen stuffed animals I have in my closet.

I have my drivers license, $80 in cash, and some basic hand written directions for how to get to the highway exit where we're planning on meeting. The cash is really just for gas, and it's only about an hour and forty-five minute drive from here, so it should be plenty. It's definitely going to be weird to be without my phone though, especially for five whole days! But Mike was adamant that I leave my iPhone behind as he was worried that even if it was shutdown, my parents might still be able to track its location somehow.

And then finally, there was the most important step of all... the handwritten note I needed to leave my parents to let them know that I hadn't been kidnapped, but instead had left completely under my own free will. Mike explained that since I'm now 18, as long as I leave a letter behind, my parents can't officially report me as missing and there's nothing for the police to even get involved with.

I had asked Mike exactly what I should put in this note, and while he gave me the key points, he said it was important that it's in my own words so that there's no question as to who wrote it.

So here it is:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm sorry to spring this on you out of the blue, but I needed to go away for a few days. I feel trapped here at home, and I just need a little time to myself. Sorry about borrowing the car, but I'll be home later this week. I promise I'll be safe, and I love you guys bunches!

Love,

Becca

PS - please don't be worried or mad! XOXO

I take the note and leave it on the kitchen counter where my parents will be sure to see it when they get home later tonight from my little brother's baseball tournament. I roll the suitcase I packed out to our driveway, place it in the trunk of our Camry, and hop into the car. I place the handwritten directions on the passenger's side seat, but it's basically just four turns I already know to get to the highway, followed by 112 miles on one interstate to an exit that supposedly has an Applebee's right there. That's where Mike and I are meeting for dinner!

Okay, so before I go any further, I know what you're thinking. I'm not an idiot, so I've definitely thought about it too. I know how crazy it is to go meet a grown man that I've only ever chatted with online. I know that theoretically I could get kidnapped, or raped, or worse. Obviously I don't think that's going to happen, as I wouldn't be driving to go meet him if I did. But I'm still nervous. In fact I just jumped the curb getting the car out of our driveway.

But I think the reason my heart is pounding right now isn't coming from the small chance that this man turns out to be an online predator, but more from the possibility that he's actually the person he's claimed to be all along. Because if that's the case, then it means he actually wants to be my boyfriend, and for me to be his girlfriend.

While that would definitely be a good thing, don't get me wrong, it's still kind of nerve-racking to think about, given the fact that I'm 18 years old and have yet to even kiss a boy. But while I do feel on edge right now, it's definitely the good kind of nervousness, like the feeling you get when you're climbing the first hill of a huge roller coaster.

But anyway, one of the main reasons why I don't think Mike is some sort of horrible monster, is just the sheer amount of time we've spent chatting over the years. It's been almost three years since I first replied to a Reddit comment he had made asking for help trying to figure out the lottery system for some Taylor Swift tickets. He was so sweet and so panicked that he was going to miss out on getting the tickets for his stepdaughter, and I was more than happy to help as I'd been through the same process before.

It worked out, he got the tickets, and it felt so great to help him, mainly because he was so appreciative and nice! And we just never stopped chatting from there. And I know what you're thinking, if you do the math, then since I'm 18 now, that means I was 15 then. And so what kind of man keeps a chat going with a 15-year-old girl? Well, in his defense and my defense, he never once asked me anything personal, said anything suggestive, or made any sort of inappropriate comments, whatsoever. Like not once. Not ever.

And so while we never talked about anything related to sex, we did talk about basically everything else. From school work, to religion, to tv and movies, to careers and about going to college, we pretty much covered it all. We never FaceTimed or spoke on the phone, except for one very brief call when he had this panic attack that I had been catfishing him this whole time, and so I told him I'd be happy to prove I really was who I said I was. But other than that, literally everything else has been over text.

But the amazing thing about Mike is, is that he actually listens. Like he really pays attention to what I say, and then he follows up later to ask about things we had talked about before, which I'm just not used to.

Just to give you one example of what my interactions with guys in real life are like... this past year was my senior year of high school. Spring semester, I thought I had this connection with a boy named Cole in my art class. I would comment on his projects and sometimes he would make some funny jokes privately just to me. I'd laugh and he'd smile back. Pretty often in class, I'd sit right next to him and we'd work on our art projects side-by-side. And so I thought we had a little bit of a connection. Nothing major, but something at least. But then after having been in this class together for like two whole months, he had to get my attention because I was supposed to turn out the lights, and he calls out to me, and he calls me Lisa?!? Everyone else was like, "yo goober, her name is Becca!" I mean, it's not even like he called me Becky, which I do get a lot. But freakin' Lisa?!?

Ugh. I just always felt so invisible at my school. It was infuriating. But then I'd come home, head to my room and chat with Mike, and he'd always have something funny to say to make me feel better, or he'd be able to put things in perspective to show why whatever I was upset about probably wasn't worth my frustration. I do have a handful of good friends from school, but in some ways, my internet friend Mike has been my closest friend of all these past few years.

At this point, I've found my way onto the interstate and it's just a straight shot to the meetup from here. I'm good on gas, so I shouldn't have to stop. I had let Mike know I'd probably get there around 6pm, and while I don't have the super accurate ETA I normally would with phone directions, I think my timing should be just about perfect.

Anyhoo, back to Mike and our online relationship. So you're probably wondering why I'm just assuming that he and I are going to become boyfriend and girlfriend if he never said anything suggestive or romantic to me. The truth is, he never brought up the topic when I was younger, but there definitely was a noticeable change right after my birthday this past April. And Mike even admitted this, that basically there were things he could say now, that he couldn't have said before I had actually turned 18. And so our chats definitely became different.

So full disclosure, Mike is 45 years old and married. He got married around 10 years ago, and his wife had two kids from a prior marriage, so they're his step kids now. As far as I know, he doesn't have any biological kids of his own. He used to never talk about his wife at all, her name is Jennifer by the way, but lately he'll mention issues they're having and how frustrating she can be sometimes. I get the impression that Mike's job is really stressful, he's like some sort of salesman, and it sounds like Jennifer is never very appreciative of how hard he works to support their family.

And so in addition to talking more openly about his marriage and how it's not going that well, he recently also started talking about how much he wanted to meet up with me in real life. At first it was just causal comments about how nice it'd be to finally be able to hug and laugh in person, but then that progressed to discussing how logistically we could actually do it, like the where and the when of how we could actually get together.

Eventually, we settled on an idea where I could drive to meet him somewhere close, but not too close to where I live, while he pretended to take a work trip so he'd be in the clear to spend a few days away from home. He's stressed from the beginning that there would never be any pressure for me to stay, and that I could always leave and drive home if I wanted, and that definitely puts me at ease knowing I have that option.

So to be totally honest, I really have no clue what to expect tonight and possibly over the next few days. Again, you probably think I'm naive, but I obviously have some basic idea of how guys think, and there's definitely the possibility that Mike might want to, or is even expecting to have sex with me. He does know that I've never so much as kissed a boy before, and he specifically mentioned in regards to this trip, that he would never want to pressure me or rush me into anything physical, but he could just be saying that to be nice.

I'm pretty sure that if given the choice, I'd prefer to take things at a slower pace. I mean, if I get to this Applebee's and Mike turns out to be everything I'm hoping he is, then I'd be so happy just to kiss and make out with him. That in itself would be amazing. But look, I'm not a prude, so if he really, really, wants to do more than kiss, then I'm sure there's a chance I'll be okay with that too. I'm definitely a people-pleaser at heart, so it if gets to the point where Mike wants to take things further, then I already know I'm going to have a hard time saying no, especially if I can tell that it would make him so happy for me to say yes.

But believe me, there's also the possibility that when he finally sees me in person, he'll change his mind and not want to be with me at all! So suffice to say, there are a lot of different possible ways for this trip to unfold, so I think instead of potentially worrying about all of them, I should probably not worry about any of them, and instead try to focus on letting things play out how they do.

Okay, I'm getting close! 5 miles to my exit. Or should I say our exit? Will this Applebee's become some sort of a sacred landmark if our relationship ends up taking off? I could see that happening.

Eek, what am I doing? I'm getting way ahead of myself when I literally just said I wasn't going to do that. Becca, just stay calm, focus on trying to be normal, and let's see what happens.

Okay here's the exit. And there's the Applebee's! I can see it from here. I do my best not to crash my car making these last two turns into the restaurant's parking lot. I turn off the engine and take a deep breath. Hoooo-boy. This is it.

Mike said he'd be wearing a red t-shirt and a red baseball cap, so he should be pretty easy to spot with all that red. On the flip side, that means I should also know pretty quickly if he didn't show up. I had given him a heads up that I'd be wearing black yoga pants and a light blue top, so hopefully he'll be on the lookout for me as well.

I get out of my car, make sure to lock it since my suitcase is still in the trunk, and I start walking towards the main entrance of the restaurant. I go through a pair of heavy wooden doors and right inside there's a hostess stand. I instantly scour the room looking for Mike. Please let him be here. I'm going to feel like such an idiot if he's... oh my god there he is! And he sees me! He just waved.

I blow right past the hostess and hurry over to see him. Mike's sitting in a booth next to a window and he stands up to greet me. After practically jogging over to where he is, I kind of awkwardly stop in my tracks about 4 feet short of him. We both pause and just look each other up and down but don't say a word. The very first thought that enters my mind after seeing him, is that he's really good-looking. Like super handsome... and fit! Like really in-shape.

Mike (with such a genuine smile): "Wow. Becca. I can't believe you're actually here."

Me (quietly): "Me neither."

Mike then opens his arms and moves in super slowly as if he's suggesting we hug, but leaving it up to me. I don't have any objection so I reciprocate the motion and we come together for a very brief and innocent embrace.

Mike (gesturing to the booth opposite from where he was sitting): "Here, have a seat!"

I sit, and holy cow, this is nuts. This is so much more real than it's ever felt before. If the first thing I noticed about Mike is that he's handsome, I'm pretty sure the second thing I notice is that he's old. Not old like a grandpa, but old like a real adult. Like as old as my parents or the parents of my friends. Now granted, he's a lot better looking than any of my friends' dads, but boy is this going to take some getting used to. I've obviously had plenty of crushes over the years, most of whom were close to my own age, and while there has been an occasional teacher to garner my attention, I think the oldest person I've ever had a real crush on was probably 25 at most.

Mike (still kind of beaming): "I'm so glad you came. I'm gonna be honest, I was really worried you were gonna have second thoughts and not show up."

Me: "I was worried you were gonna be the one to back out!"

Mike: "Oh my god, no. I've been looking forward to this for forever."

At that moment, a waitress comes up to our table. The first thing she does is hand me one of their large book-like menus, but I can't help but notice that she's also carrying a paper kids menu. Is that because she wasn't sure how old I am?

Regardless, she asks me if I would like anything to drink, and I let her know I'm fine with just water. She then asks Mike if he would like another, as he appears to have a glass with only a few sips of beer left. Mike confirms he would, and the waitress departs.

Mike: "Hope it's okay I'm having a couple of beers. I promise I'm not a huge drinker or anything that you would have to worry about. But it's sure helping me with the nerves."

Mike laughs kind of nervously, but meanwhile I'm preoccupied tracking where the waitress goes next to see if she has someone else, like an actual child, who she's planning on delivering that kids menu to.

Mike (I'm sure wondering why I seem annoyed all of the sudden): "I don't have to have another beer if you'd prefer I didn't."

Me: "Oh no, that's fine. But did you see that just now? What the waitress had in her hands?"

Mike (confused): "The menus?"

Me: "Yeah. The kids menu. She brought both a regular menu and a kids menu to me, and I'm pretty sure it's because she wasn't sure which one I would want."

Mike (seeming relieved): "Oh don't sweat that one bit. Even if that was the case, once she saw you, she ended up giving you the adult menu without even asking."

Me: "I know. But she had a box of crayons."

Me (repeating myself with a mix of humor and a little bit of faux outrage): "A box of crayons!"

Mike (full on laughing now): "Well yeah, how else would we have been able to work on the maze?!?"

I can't help but laugh at that.

Me: "I guess I'm just tired of looking like a child. Or more specifically, being treated like a child."

becca20S
becca20S
105 Followers