Sam Spade 08: Case of the Lost Kitten

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jasmine spoke up, "I removed it Mistress the first night Angela was masked properly."

Angela added, "I would not let her beforehand mistress, forgive me."

I nodded, "Good girls and yes I do. Though, I now have to go grovel to Alvin for wrongly accusing him." I lay there wishing I had a cigar and said, "Only one more question remains Angela, what did you and Kitten talk about?"

Chapter 3

"Oh wait, before that." I said remembering the ransom note. "In my jacket pocket is a ransom note. I need to know everything we can find out about it." I sat up and looked at my girls, "I am sorry playtime will have to be skipped tonight. Will you please go see if you can find anything out for me?" As they stood I added, "And Jade, don't forget your boots."

I saw her flash a smile as she hurried back to the house with the others. When everyone with the exception of Jasmine, Kitten, and I were gone, Jasmine moved beside me and said in a soft voice, "Mistress," she paused and then added, "There is more you should know."

I laid back and looked at the stars once more. Reaching out my hand I took hers into mine, "What else dear?"

"Two things," she said after a long pause. "The first is that Jade and I are telepathic more then what Heather said. Her thoughts and my thoughts are as one." She paused again, "We believe that her transformation to become my twin and the mask's programming combined to make us what we are."

"So if I tickle you she will feel it also?" I asked not sure I understood.

"Yes Mistress," Jasmine replied. "But only within a hundred feet or so." She hastened to add. "Any further apart it does not work."

"Interesting, thank you for telling me." I replied. I would have to think on it, perhaps there was a way to help us in my work. "What is the distance for talking that Heather referred to?" I wondered if we could use it somehow. While part of me, felt left out, but I was not willing to be controlled by the mask to join them.

"We have not experimented mistress; it seems to be about the same as Jade's link with me."

"Ok I want you to find out the range exactly, also how deep the link between you and Jade is." I said after thinking a moment. "So, what else did you want to tell me Jasmine?"

She gave my hand a squeeze and said, "I cannot turn on your process to produce eggs Mistress." I could hear her sniff back tears as she added, "I'm sorry Red."

I was floored, "Do you mean," I gulped, "I cannot have children?" I felt a knot of pain build in the pit of my stomach.

Jasmine replied softly, "I thought it was a simple change. However, it is beyond my abilities."

"Thank you for telling me. Now if you don't mind I would like to be alone a while." I said. When she had left, I curled up into a ball and wallowed in misery. My only hope was to talk to Alvin and see what he said. Nevertheless, in my heart I knew, I was the last of my line. I felt Kitten nudging against my back and said softly, "Not now baby, momma is not feeling well."

It was in the wee hours before I was able to get up. I walked back to the house in a daze and not speaking to anyone went to bed. In the middle of the night I woke to feel someone snuggled up close to me and purring softly. In a hushed voice I said, "Kitten is that you?"

She replied, her words slurred, "Shhh, sleep momma," As she snuggled closer. I could feel her body against mine, her paws caressing my skin lightly. Instead of a cat beside me, somehow she had transformed into a woman with cat features. I felt peace fill me and drifted back to sleep the sound of her purr vibrating my body.

Morning came and waking I saw the cat curled up on the corner of the bed. Looking down at her, I smiled at my dream. It felt good to have her beside me at night even if it was only in my mind. "Thank you," I said to the sleeping cat. Her yellow eyes opened and looked at me and yawned.

After I showered, I slipped on a robe and went in search of coffee. Passing the bed, I noticed Kitten had already wandered off somewhere. In the kitchen, I found Heather. She looked as if she had not slept all night. "Good morning pet" I said and kissed her.

Though she had looked tired before my kiss seemed to energize her, "Good morning Goddess," she replied as she flowed into my arms. Running my fingers through her hair, I kissed her passionately. Of all the girls, Heather was special. Her voice breathless from our passion, "We finished the report for you. It is on your desk."

I had not expected them to stay up all night working on it. "Thank you pet." I poured myself a cup of coffee and said, "Will you tell Crystal to come to the study please." I grinned and added, "Just imagine her in a hobble dress as she works the front desk today."

Heather's eyes got big and she smiled, "Oh she will love that Goddess, bound but not."

Going to the study, I sat down and went through their report. It seemed according to their research that the letters had been cut from a local magazine instead of one on the west coast. I knew I was not hired to find the dog, but I could not leave it alone. While I was working, Crystal knocked and entered. I explained what I wanted her to wear and that she would need someone to drive her this morning to work. I added with an evil grin, "Just think, up at the desk, without a suit on to cover what you are wearing, and your remote control egg buzzing."

Crystal's eyes lit up, "Yes Mistress thank you, mistress," she said and hurried out to change. Sometime during the exchange, Kitten showed up sitting on one of the chairs. One moment she was gone and the next moment she was there.

"Momma has to get dressed and go to work baby." I said looking at her. She did not reply or move as I got up and got dressed. When I arrived at work, she was sitting on my desk looking at me when I opened the door. I would have been more surprised but I had used up my monthly quota. Think about it, an android, a house full of pets that were telepathic with each other, and now a cat that walks through walls as if they don't exist.

When Crystal made it in to the office she was dressed as I had requested. She smiled shyly at me and handed me the remote to the egg. I leaned down and zipped the dress to her ankles forcing her to take baby steps. Grinning I turned on the remote and heard the soft buzzing. Her face got flush and she let out a soft moan. "Good girl" I said as I stroked her cheek. When she sat down, I had to laugh. Kitten kept staring at the location of the buzzing and looking up into Crystal's face as if to ask, "What's that?"

Going back to my office I started to go back through the notes my girls had worked all night to compile. I had decided that this was an inside job when I heard a commotion from the front office. Pulling the 45, I threw open my office door and rushed into the outer office. There, I found, Mrs. Edwards berating Crystal in a loud screeching voice. Mr. Edwards meanwhile was watching with lust and excitement in his eyes. Standing on the desk facing her was Kitten hissing, her tail bushed out.

Putting the pistol between the woman's eyes, I said in a cold voice, "No one ever threatens or talks bad to one of my girls." When she had focused on me I added, "You will apologize right now to Crystal or you will have a closed casket funeral."

She said in that same irritating voice, "I don't think you would shoot an unarmed woman."

Pulling the hammer back I said, "Try me."

From one side I heard Mr. Edwards say, "Miss Spade I don..." His voice stopped at the sound of another pistol cocking.

I never glanced away I just stared the woman in the eye, my face expressionless. I caught the arid stench of urine and knew one or both of them had peed themselves. "Crystal, I am terribly sorry. I should never have spoken up about your dress habits. Please forgive me." She said in a quavering voice.

Pulling the pistol away from her face, I uncocked and holstered it. I said, "Won't you two come into my office?" By the time I had turned around Crystal had put her pistol away. From behind me, I could hear Crystal forgive her. Sitting down I noticed that Mr. Edwards had in his hand a green suitcase. Opening it, he pulled out a piece of paper and handed it wordlessly to me. I smiled sweetly at them and glanced down. As I had requested it was a bank draft made out to me. Looking up I said, "It will be in the lost and found by eight pm tonight."

As they stood to go, I said softly, "Oh and Mrs. Edwards, the next person may not give you the option to apologize." She gulped and nodded before hurrying out.

Mr. Edwards held back a moment and said, "I would have paid anything to see you shut her up like that." With a big smile on his face, he walked out.

Walking out I smiled at Crystal. "Good girl covering me like that. Will you book three seats on the next flight to LAX please? Then, call Heather for me."

Crystal said, "Yes Mistress."

When Heather was on the phone I said, "I want Rachel and Jasmine to meet me at the airport. Have Angela come pick up Crystal and two hold down the fort. Pack for a week for all three of us. Finally, please call Jason, Angela can give you the number, and set up an appointment for one week from today please." She said she would make sure that everything was taken care of and hung up. I looked at Kitten who had moved to sit on my desk. "Baby, momma has to go out of town for a few days. But I will be back," She just sat there looking at me with her yellow eyes. "Please be a good girl for me ok?" I reached out to pet her and heard her purr in response.

Crystal came to my office door taking little baby steps, "Mistress, there is something I need to tell you."

"What is it dear?" I asked.

"It's about Kitten," she started and then stopped, "I, um," she seemed to be at a loss of words. Kitten jumped down and padded over to look up at her. It was cute to see the cat paw Crystal's foot as if she were helping her along. Bending down Crystal picked up Kitten and rubbed faces with her. "We will take good care of Kitten while you're gone Mistress." She said softly, part to me and part to her.

Chapter 4

Dropping off the suitcase to the lost and found went as planned. Jasmine was on duty for the next two hours to watch it followed by Rachel. When I finished my business with Alvin, I would join in the rotation. Personally, I did not think they would make pick up until the wee hours of the morning but I wanted to be safe. We would rotate watchers, keeping an eye out to see who claimed it and follow them.

Heading over to the university, I managed to find Alvin's office and settled down to wait for his return. On his door were listed his office hours so I knew he should be along any minute. As I was leaning against the wall beside his door, Heather called frantic. It seemed that Kitten had disappeared and the girls could not find her anywhere. "It's ok pet, I am sure she will turn up." I said as I reassured her.

Hanging up I smiled as I caught sight of her walking down the hall towards me. As she got closer, she gave me a welcoming chirrup and ran towards me. Crouching down I scooped her up into my arms and said softly as we rubbed faces, "Kitten what took you so long? Momma missed her baby." I called Heather back to explain that I had found Kitten. I could see questions in her face as to how a cat can travel four thousand miles without thinking. However, being a good girl she did not ask on an open phone line.

I was so wrapped up in nuzzling Kitten that I did not notice Alvin until he was standing beside me unlocking his office door. I followed him in and sat down on the other side of his desk not speaking. He acted as if I were not there as he worked on papers. Finally, after five or so minutes of silence I said, "I'm sorry."

Alvin, looked at me, removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He, like me, walked to the beat of a different drummer, I knew as well as he did that his glasses were plain glass. However, he felt that wearing them gave him a more professional look. Instead of replying directly to my apology he said, "You know animals are not allowed here." In a flash Kitten was on the desk hissing at him her tail bushy. He looked at her in surprise and then at me.

"It's ok Kitten," I said. "I'm sure uncle Alvin didn't mean you." I patted my lap, after one final hiss at him came back, and jumped in my lap. Stroking her I said, "You need to be a good girl while Momma eats crow." I looked back up at him, "Jimmy programmed Angela. I was so wrapped up in other issues that I never imagined him doing anything." I looked down at Kitten, her yellow eyes looking up at me giving me comfort. "I thought it was you, I was wrong Alvin. I don't know what else I can say other then, I'm sorry."

"And now?" he asked.

I was not sure what he was referring to but continued on, "He has removed the programming and life has calmed down." Looking up at him, I said simply, "Well, other than the addition of Kitten here." I looked down and cooed, "Momma's baby goes where she wants doesn't she," As I scratched under her chin. "Will you show him for me Kitten?" I asked. In an eye blink, she was no longer in my lap. Looking up I saw that she had draped herself around Alvin's neck and was purring softly, her eyes half closed.

His eyes were as big as saucers. Reaching up he tenderly caressed her head and said, "Mr. Whiskers used to lay like that on me." Closing his eyes, I watched as he relaxed for the first time since I walked into his office. His eyes still closed he said, "Thank you Kitten." In response, she purred louder and I got the feeling she was smiling at me.

I hated to break his mood but was dying to know the answer to the other reason I came to see him. "Alvin, can I have children?" Kitten crawled slowly off his neck and walked across his desk. She sat and looked from him to back to me again. I knew the answer already so when he did not reply right away I felt my heart break.

Alvin looked down at his hands, "Samantha, I knew sooner or later you would come ask. I prepared myself for it, how I would tell you the news. But, now that you are here, I am at a loss, my plans and rehearsed speech having fled my mind." Shaking his head sadly he looked up at me, "No Samantha. Now it's my turn to say, I'm sorry."

Even though I knew, Alvin's words crushed my heart. So that was it, I was the last of my bloodline. I was destined to walk the earth forever alone. Hiding my face in my hands, I cried in abject misery. Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I turned to the person and clung tightly sobbing. I became aware of a soft voice, the words slightly slurred saying, "Don't cry momma, Kitten stay forever." I could feel her soft silky fur against my face as I clung to her and her paw stroking my hair.

I looked up into her worried face, "You broke cover for me." I knew it had not been a dream that night in bed when she comforted me. She was beautiful; a woman with cat features, covered is black glossy fur. Closing my eyes, I hugged her tight trying to stop the tears, "Momma and Kitten forever," I said against her belly. I could hear her voice in my mind echoing my words and a calming peace fill me. Wiping the tears away, I looked at Alvin.

He sat there, his mouth hanging open staring at Kitten. We made eye contact for a moment before he looked up meeting Kitten's eyes, "It is a pleasure to meet you Kitten." He looked down and added, "I wish it were under better circumstances."

She slid from my arms and walked over to Alvin, "Alvin momma's family, Kitten's family too," And hugged him. He did not move for a moment and then with a sob hugged her back. Just as with me, she calmed him as she stroked his head with her paw.

I watched and felt inside, I was hurt, I had no chance for a child that I had wished for, and yet, I gained a baby. Even though she was grown Kitten was my baby and I her momma, nothing would change that. When Alvin had calmed down Kitten came back to me and sat on my lap, rested her head on my shoulder, held me tight and started to purr softly. I don't know if I would have ever gotten up had the phone not rang. It was Jasmine, someone picked up the suitcase.

"Momma's got to work now baby," I said looking into her yellow eyes. "Why don't you stay and get to know Alvin better." I added after a moment. She got up and looked at me and then at him. Though her face was not built for smiling I had the distinct impression she was. With a playful pounce, she was over the desk and in his lap purring and nuzzling him. I watched the pair for a moment and let myself out quietly.

I was on the way to meeting Jasmine and Rachel when my phone rang. It was Mrs. Edwards wondering what was going on. She had been contacted by the kidnapers and they had told her of my ruse. I reassured her that everything was still ok and soon I would have Buddy back. However, I was not going to turn over the money without the dog in exchange. When I had hung up, I shook my head sadly; I had not given the Edwards my portable number. Thus, by her calling me it pegged her as the kidnapper. My guess was that she could not wait for Mr. E to kick off and wanted to get her hands on some of his cash now.

I linked up with my pets at the Ritz. Talking with Jasmine it seemed as though a man who looked as if he were a piece of beefcake had picked up the bag and came right here. He did not check for tails and went right up to room 206. From her vantage point, he has yet to leave the hotel. Not being one to wait I grabbed the girls and went up to the room. Knocking on the door, I was not surprised when no one answered.

Looking at Jasmine I said softly, "Can you pick it?" She looked at the door and shook her head. "Damn" I whispered. Pulling my 45 out I looked from one to the other as they also drew their pistols. Unlike home, they were not licensed to carry concealed weapons here. I had planned on filling out the forms for the girls to have a federal license but never got around to it.

There was no easy way to gain entry into the room so with a sigh I backed to the opposite side of the hall and threw myself against the door. With a loud crash, it burst in and I went sprawling. I could hear Jasmine and Rachel both screaming, "Don't move asshole!" Getting up I saw a young man, lying on the bed nude.

He was in the process of masturbating when we broke in. Off to one side were the suitcase and my paper.

Standing I smiled down at him and went back and closed the door. Walking back to him, I turned off the holo-projector and sat in one of the chairs. "Well my friend, it seems we have a dilemma." I said. He just stared at me. "I want Buddy and I want him now." I paused and holstered my pistol, "There are two ways you can tell me what I want to know. You can talk and then my friends and I will leave, or," I paused a long time before saying, "You can pick to remain silent in which case we will make you talk and then leave." He nodded not speaking. "Where is Buddy?" I asked.


Chapter 5

While I talk a good game, I have never really interrogated someone before. Generally, waving a gun around and getting a wild look in my eyes was enough to get anyone to talk. Unfortunately, that didn't work this time. I guess he heard about my bluffing in the past or was not impressed. We were getting nowhere fast when Kitten showed up. She jumped up on the bed with a welcoming chirrup and stood there looking around.

Kitten walked over to the man and up on his chest. With a quick movement, he had swept her off him and I felt/heard something snap in my mind. The next thing I knew I had him against a wall, one hand around his neck and the other crushing his balls. My voice sounding horse said, "Touch Kitten again and I will throw you out the window." I threw him back onto the bed where he lay curled up whimpering.

I looked around and saw shock in Jasmine and Rachel's faces. When Kitten walked up to him again, he made no move to stop her. Instead, the story came pouring out. It seemed that he had been paid one hundred thousand to pick up the suitcase and call in. When I showed up, he was to play dumb and not answer anything I asked.

123456...8