All Comments on 'Saving a Marriage for a Stranger'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I rather liked that

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 2 years ago

That was a nice take. Quick and vivid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Decent story. If I’m reading this right then mc lied to the girl about having an affair on Tim to drive home her point. I’m going to have hope and assume she didn’t go further then flirting and planning the start of an affair. before her coworker called her dumbass out.

Still went too far but not enough that I’d break her marriage up if she ever told me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

a very smart and understanding wife

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

I wonder what this story’s score would be if the intervenor hadn’t told us that she didn’t actually cheat on her husband.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuturealmost 2 years ago

Lacked depth, reason only 4 stars, only skimming the surface of anything, and a few misplaced symbols like speech marks on Jill, they are called speech marks as it indicates someone spoke or is speaking, not used in waiting on someone to speak. Should have used ' not "

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I dont like how she accepted the drink. I know guys have bought a drink for my wife and she tells the wait staff or bar tender to take it back. I know its true as i heard it from others and saw it once.

grogers7grogers7almost 2 years ago

Finally, A real woman!

ctdansctdansalmost 2 years ago

go secure the table? So the husband just walks away and doesn't look back to see his wife go and talk to that woman and ask "what's up?"

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 2 years ago

Not bad. Good advice from a stranger. Of course most people who cheat or want to cheat probably wouldn't stop. But its nice to think they would.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Confused by the story. She gave the guy blowjobs for a year BUT "I knew I had crossed too many lines and almost screwed up, but I was never physically unfaithful to Tim." ??? Sorry but I think I'm far from being the only one when I call Bullshit with a capital B. WTF?? She gave the guy blowjobs for a year!!! Disappointed and definitely not up to your usual standards.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I seldom find a story worth more than a 3, yours is the exception. I gave it a 4 and want to thank you for not writing a worthless cuck story.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

Short but sweet. 5 stars

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story. I tend to think she still cheated. She seemed so sure of herself and more than a little selfish. However, it was a good story.

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Bullshit! Once an almost slut, always an almost slut. Too bad there is not an AA type of meeting for almost sluts.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 2 years ago

Man you know Kelly’s only purpose at that table was to get verbal and recorded verification on Jill’s past deeds and initial plans to cheat. No way you decide to go to a man’s cabin without first having gone past 1 or 2 bases before home run. She telling Jill that she won’t say anything to her husband won’t stop an email with a audio file from reaching his email or through a 3rd party.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

only one thing missing from this story. She never told her husband about almost making a mistake. While she didn't cheat in the biblical sense. She did cheat emotionally by spending enough time to get to the point of planning a meeting for "Her one time do something","ONLY ONCE!". She cheated, But didn't get caught. Well if eric ever finds out the odds of him leaving her about 50/50. Not for what happened so long ago but for the total loss of respect and the loss of trust that will be permanent. Even if they stay together it will never be the same.

Good luck but, It always gets found out at least 90% of the time

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonalmost 2 years ago

So, I'm confused. She didn't cheat on her husband? The story was fake?

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

@reedrichards probably a 2. There is little forgiveness or empathy in loving wives.

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 2 years ago

Sometimes, as I read these stories, then look at the comments, I wonder if I misunderstood the story or did we read the same story. As I read it, SHE NEVER HAD THE FLING. She was repeating a story that she was told which made her change her mind about ever stepping out. And for those that claim that thinking about it is as bad as doing it, I call it BS. Enjoy the stories as they are written and stop trying to second guess the author.

5-STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story about wives waking from their slumber. If you fall asleep at the wheel of your marriage you will crash and burn. A young wife receives valuable instruction from a older wife who paid forward the good advice she received and listened to years ago. This is a Loving Wives story worth telling and there wasn't even any gratuitous sex in the telling! Remarkable! -- 5☆

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting. Happy to see a marriage saved, while simultaneously showing the good advice was delivered via an allegory, and not a real life experience. So, kinda like two marriages saved, in my way of thinking.

.

To answer ReedRichards' question: undoubtedly, the scores would be much lower, but the readers aren't 'invested' in any of the characters, are they? In this very brief story, we can only take things at face value, filtered through each of our own biases and preconceptions. So, are readers in this category more likely to forgive or condemn? So, Yeah. Lower scores.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No the MC didn't do anything physical. The woman who saved her from herself thwarted those plans by telling her what happened to her. MC retold the story to Jill as if it was she who had the affair, making a stronger impression on Jill in the process. Reread the 3rd and 2nd to the last paragraphs.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Finally, a fresh idea in LW! Well written and it's a story that is truly believable and a good lesson for anyone who reads it. In fact, maybe one of the readers here will use it one day in a similar situation. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm with Imnotananon, did she cheat or not?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 2 years ago

Ahhh ...

The ever popular question

of what is cheating and what is not.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be married

to either the MC or the woman she gave advise to.

Neither are trustworthy to me.

I wonder if the MC told her husband his 'friends' had hit on her.

Not likely, is it?

That's the kind of person she is.

This was an interesting story.

Pity it mostly dealt with characters I dislike.

3 out of 5 from me.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

think i missed something the last person was the woman waiting at the bar? she said she gave blowjobs to her boss and then say it didnt get physical. think maybe something got messed up

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"So you cheated and got caught, well too bad, but I won't get caught." - Why is getting caught the be all and end all? If I embezzle from my employer, or rob a bank, and never get caught, does that make it right?

\

"It's my last chance to do something naughty and then I'll settle down and be a good wife and mother to our kids." - That's what single life is for.

\

Nice twist that the narrator hadn't actually cheated herself. I thought that something was going to trip her up, maybe her husband knew all along.

\

@Anonymous, you don't have to hope, she DIDN'T cheat. The author knows, had her say that, so it's a fact.

\

@FireFox59, read it again. The NARRATOR did nothing, the story she told was one that was told to her that STOPPED her from cheating.

\

@Just_Words, she DIDN'T cheat! As I said above, the author knows, had her say that, what you tend to think is immaterial.

\

@ImNotanAnon, correct she didn't cheat, but the story wasn't fake, it was about someone in the narrator's past.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence...

bluemoves01bluemoves01almost 2 years ago

Good story and thank you for finally letting me know what b to b means .

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

An excellently well-told story that sums up exactly what cheating entails or can entail! If only all spouses would read this story before making their decisions! 5*!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
A Year Of Blow Jobs? I Think I Would Have Gone With Genital Warts And Sterilization

"Jill, do you really think you are the only woman Collins will be fucking, and that he is a virgin now? After I infected my husband and was divorced I somehow found a widow with children who took a chance on my rehabilitation and the remission of my disease with medication. Good luck with your outcome of playing venereal roulette."

See, even a woman with no morals or ethics, like Jill, could understand that reason to stay faithful, maybe. Or maybe she would just use condoms.

A thought provoking story. Thanks for the effort.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

Dear me! Why the confusion? She told the story in the first person but she was told the story by a colleague who DID cheat on her husband. But the protagonist decided NOT to cheat on her husband after SHE was told the story she was passing on.

It's a sort of pay it forward story. 5*, of course.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Nice to see her pay forward the kindness someone had done for her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have to remind some one to do the right thing?

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
Interesting

But still an emotional cheat just as bad

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Great story but watch out just like amygdala said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It is GREAT to see morals still live on, even on a site like this.

Kudos

Smokepole

littleone35littleone35almost 2 years ago

Great story a good loving marriage should be protected. Not many of them left.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

What a wonderful world we could live in if every one thought this way! 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story and concept

rodryder44rodryder44over 1 year ago

Another morality story.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Marriage is hard but just because she didn't physically cheat doesn't mean it still wasn't cheating when talking about the woman who butted in

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Great little story

5*

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Too bad real life is not like that. Female infidelity is topping male rates now,and will only increase.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really a nice change, but I'd have preferred a buck's worth over a mere 2-bits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, the message here seems to be that planning to cheat is not cheating. Hmmmm!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What if Kelly's husband had returned unexpectedly, to overhear her telling Jill that story? Repercussions?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades11 months ago

Good story, oh so true. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This woman didn't follow through with her act of cheating (this time), after having it pointed out that her current plan may not be as risk-free as she thought. It's obvious that she wants to cheat, planned to cheat, and is simply waiting for the "perfect" opportunity to safely do so. If those don't describe a cheater, nothing does!

Browsing through previous comments, some readers appear to hold a position that "intent" to cheat, and other acts that stop short of the sex act itself, just don't count as cheating.

Being somewhat alarming of itself, this viewpoint is also a likely factor in the rising divorce rate.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Paying it forward with interventions.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Blowjobs for a year? Is this a planet where sexual harassment is not against the law? It is called get a recording and get counter leverage. Tell him if he welches or squeals, he gets burned. Seriously burned. Sometimes the extortionist has a lot to lose also.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Excellent. Need a lot more of that on this rotten site - and in our world...

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

Paying it forward.

dob092095dob09209510 months ago

I’m still lovings BTBs, but it’s good to be reminded of goodness in the world. Fidelity may occasionally be boring but you sleep better.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why doesnt the supposed slut tell Tim about his supposed friends hitting on her!! Tim doesnt need those kinds of friends

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Great feel good story. Enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. She heeded the advice from another 15 years ago and saved another woman from destroying her marriage. Ironically whether a man or a woman, all some of them need is a nudge or a push to get them to consider the consequences. They don't factor in guilt, blackmail, loss of respect for their spouse (due to their own guilt), and IF they get caught. At least that can work for those who are more or less happily married and are just weak, not evil. Note 75% of married men and 67% of married women would cheat if they had a guarantee they would never be found out. Just process that for a moment. That is from a large psych study conducted in recent years. So if the person in their stupidity or their fantasy or their naivete believes they cannot be caught out, well then the super majority of either gender will cheat. Thatbisnwhy inhet frustrated with LW stories where the husband knows that something is happening or about to happen and does nothing but let it play out with no confrontation or possible intervention. The aggrieved husband relinquishes all agency then and now let's the worst case scenario become high probability. Why? Because their spouse thinks they won't get caught. It is a myth. Eventually they will, most of the time, maybe through the fault of their lover(s) or the spouse of their lover(s) or their own kids, or their siblings or friends, neighbors, coworkers or random strangers. Sure if a husband finds out after a multiple encounter or months long physical affair, then burn down the marriage. Heck if premeditated and only just getting off rhe ground or a long emotional affair about to go physical, the husband can still seek divorce. But that is his choice. If he does nothing, he has already chosen and consigned himself to dela with the sh$tburger scenario. I am not saying that intent doesn't matter. But preventing a person from committing suicide gives them a chance to get help and NOT commit suicide again later. If you let then just jump without intervention, then they die and all that is left is the worst case scenario. Maybe a prosaic analogy with some flaws, but isn't adultery a form of marital suicide? Sure a lot of hownto react depends on the circumstances. Just engaged or recently married? Haul ass out of there. But married for 20+ years, three kids, one still young, and you still love the wife and know this is her first time and she has not YET jumped? Then intervene and decide to do what is best for you and your family after the intervention. If intervention fails because she just denies and goes through with it anyways then go to the divorce action. Seriously even if there is a minscule chance you are wrong, so what let her get pissed and gave a huge fight. You can recover. Erring on the side of action is preferable to doing nothing. Of course trickier if the sex genie is out of the bottle. Then have to decided what you want. But spending weeks getting additional evidence in a no fault state makes little sense unless you can use kompramat as leverage to get better custodial rights for the kids or a lot of assets are at play.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 Stars, great twist, very nicely done.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Well-written, thanks for an enjoyable read.

willyk1212willyk12124 months ago

really good one

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

A nice story for LIT, another non-cheating wife!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good story. She used shock and awe on Jill. The blowjobs for a year was a nice touch. That scared Jill, who was already convinced she wouldn't be caught, despite people at work already knowing, not just Kelly and the other ladies at the bar. Jill isn't very bright. But then the MC almost lost her way and an intervention by someone else save her marriage. Passing it forward. Good stuff. It wasn't like either had an emotional affair. They were tempted and self rationalized. Each needed an injection of health fear and reality to back off. There is a profound difference between jumping off a cliff and standing at the precipice. There is also a big difference when the there is an emotional affair and seduction prior to the decision to cheat.

The MC was good at acting the part. Nice twist at end with the MC.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A fucking cheating skank giving advice for a happy marriage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Bard will never know and I will never do it again."

Who is Bard?

chytownchytownabout 1 month ago

*****Good read> Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
1109 Followers
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...