Saving the Doctor Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He shut the door and Elaina rolled her eyes.

"If it's such an amazing property they why are you low-balling the price," Elaina muttered at the closed door.

"Everything she said made sense Elaina. The local market's not amazing and it hasn't been that long since we bought it. I thought it sounded reasonable," Jon said.

"Oh I didn't think you were able to stop staring at her tits for long enough to pay attention," she commented with a glare.

"What? I wasn't..."

"Please, I could see your eyes wandering. Honestly I don't blame you, I didn't think they sold business suits that slutty. I guess if it helps make a sale..." she said crassly.

"Do you think we should find someone else?" he asked hesitantly.

She sighed, "No... she still has the best credentials and reputation. We could do this again next weekend with someone else I suppose... but as she says the market's starting to trend down now, and if we wait longer the price might be even worse."

She opened the liquor cabinet and peeked inside, looking disappointed at the selection. "I suppose we should celebrate anyway."

"I don't know h-... Elaina," he said, correcting himself as she gave him an amused smirk. "I need to cut down on drinking actually."

"Oh it's one drink honey. We haven't seen each other in weeks, let's just have a glass of wine and chat for a while, can you not give me that at least?"

He sighed. "Okay. That's fair," he said, and was rewarded with a beautiful smile.

She poured two glasses and handed him one. "It's not the greatest brand, but it'll do I suppose," she said, clinking her glass with his.

He thought it tasted great, and quickly felt it calming the tension inside of him.

They sat and talked and it felt oddly natural. She had reconnected with a few of their former colleagues and friends back in the city, and he had to admit he missed them. She was working at one of the bigger hospitals there and already seemed to be at home in the hustle and bustle of the wards. He definitely didn't miss that, and cringed at the thought, but she gave him a sympathetic smile and apologized for bringing back sour memories. That lead into reminiscing about their time together as residents and there were some pleasant memories there.

They wandered to the screen door as they talked, looking over the snow-covered back yard.

"This winter's been too cold and too long," she said.

"Yeah. It hasn't made these days any easier," Jon replied.

She looked up with a tender smile and pulled herself into his arm. Her warmth against him felt too good and he told himself to pull away, but didn't. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"I wish we were in Barbados," she said softly. It would have been their honeymoon spot.

"Anywhere warm would feel good," he agreed.

"That hot tub almost looks tempting," she said suggestively.

"You don't have a bathing suit here anymore do you?" he said without thinking.

She looked up with a smile and raised an eyebrow.

He scoffed and looked away.

She giggled, "I can't believe we never did that. We should have had more fun in that thing."

He tried not to picture it but failed, and it was turning him on even more.

The conversation lulled to a comfortable silence and she sighed, looking around. "I loved this house. I miss it," she said as she sipped her wine. "I miss everything." She brought her eyes up to him, seeming more sad and vulnerable. The dim light of the dining room complimented her immaculate features amazingly.

"We weren't happy," he said, as much to himself as to her.

She looked away. "I know Jonathon. I know it's foolish to try to go back to how it was, but there's so many ways we could move forward."

"Exactly. So many better directions. For both of us," he said, pulling away from her.

"You said you've been drinking a lot?" she asked, with a sympathetic look.

"...yeah," he admitted.

"It doesn't sound like things have been better for you," she said with a searching smile.

He looked away in annoyance and sipped his wine.

"I haven't been faring much better Jonathon. We're both miserable. Maybe we don't have to be," she said running soft fingers up his arm and sending tingles up to his shoulder.

"I thought you had Wade to help you through it?" he said bitterly, still trying to resist.

Her face soured, and then she looked up with a smirk, "You sound like you want to punch his lights out for me," She sauntered away from him back into the dining room.

He followed her, glancing away from the smooth sway of her ass in the sweater dress. "No, HE hasn't done a damn thing to hurt me."

She looked over her shoulder calmly as he caught up. "I never slept with him Jonathon."

He looked at her doubtfully.

"I never even went on a date with him," she continued. "I was excited at first, and then after I sent you those pictures I realized what I really wanted... so I stood him up. I just didn't have the guts."

"You had the guts to do what you did with Brad."

"Jonathon please! I'm TRYING to stay civil. Honestly I considered pissing you off on purpose and getting our adrenaline up so we could go wild on each other like we did in your condo, but I know now that's not how to win you back. I don't want us to hate each other!"

"How can I feel anything other than that after what you did?"

"We both did wrong Jonathon. I did crazy things... because I'm crazy for you. I wouldn't have thought I was capable of any of it, but that's how much I love you. Yes it was misdirected, but it proves how much I really truly love you Jonathon. Do you think you'll ever find someone who loves you THAT much?" She pleaded with him, running her hands over his chest and up along his neck and leaning in. "You would have every right to hate me after everything that happened, but what gives me hope is that you don't."

He turned his red face away from her and took a step back, but she pulled her arms around his neck to pull herself closer to stop him.

"Don't deny it. You know you don't really hate me. You want to but you can't. I can feel it. I felt it so intensely that magical night together when you saved me. It wasn't the shouting and the insults that made it incredible. It was the fact that despite saying all that, you still wanted me. Needed me....And it felt so good," she said huskily, their bodies pressed together as their chests quickly rose and fell.

"I'd do anything to feel you need me like that again," she breathed up against his neck, running her hands through his hair, bringing her face close to his, and doing everything other than kissing him.

"I want to be yours again. So badly. I'll do anything, anything you need me to do if I can be yours again. You know it would feel so good honey. Let yourself feel good again and make me yours..." she whispered, feeling his trembling hands grasp her waist. "I love you. Please let me show you. However you need me to. However you want me to. Let me love you again."

He tried to hold back. He tried to tell himself that these affectionate words and promises, the type that he'd craved and wanted to hear for so much of their relationship, from a woman he'd loved for so long, were meaningless. That it wasn't what he wanted anymore. That it was all lies anyway. That her beautiful body wasn't worth losing himself in, even for one last time. His brain teetered on the edge of pushing her away and running.

Instead, he pulled her tight and kissed her.

She moaned excitedly and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as their tongues mingled sloppily. They made out against the dining room table, and she eventually pulled away to catch her breath.

"Oh Jonathon!" she panted, "I knew you still cared." She kissed him again and again, staring him in the eyes intensely after each one. "I knew you wouldn't give up on us. Mmm, I love you! Mmm, I knew you still loved me too!"

He was too lost in the feeling of her lips and her body in his arms, to argue. His cock had won and his mind had lost. He pulled her sweater dress up and ran his hands over her breasts. He lifted her up onto the table and she wrapped her legs around him. He slid his hands hungrily over her long slender thighs and pulled at the waistband of her tights.

"Mmm honey do you really want me?" she panted into his ear.

"Uhhh yeah. Right fucking now..." He pulled her waistband down and squeezed her ass.

"Mmm, you want to be mine again?"

"....yes," he whispered into her ear as they slowly dry-humped against the table.

"Ohhhh Jonathon! I promise you I'm going to make you feel amazing again. In every... possible...way I can."

"Uhhh God! Elaina!" he groaned as she tightened her legs around him and he pressed into her, wanting to be inside her more than anything.

"But first..." she said, pulling her face away and looking up at him victoriously as he stared back in anticipation.

"...Take me out to dinner," she pecked him a kiss and smiled.

He groaned and nuzzled into her neck, "Can't it wait until after?"

She giggled, "Mmm no I don't just want a quick fuck Jonathon. I want my man back. Don't worry, after we come back home we'll have all night to reclaim each other."

He couldn't help moaning at the thought.

"Come on," she said excitedly. Let's get you out of these jeans and into something nicer."

...

Jon stared out the window into the darkness as Elaina drove. He felt like there was a fog over his mind, as if he was concussed again. He told himself he didn't need to think right now. Giving up made things simple....for the moment at least.

He tried to tell himself he would just fuck her after dinner and then leave her in the morning....Or he wouldn't. He let himself imagine that after a night of incredible love-making, he and Elaina would be back together. They might do a long distance relationship for a little while, but then he'd move back to the city with her. He had been burning his bridges in the clinic here anyway, it might be simpler for Doug and everyone else if he just left. Beth was gone. Carly was gone. He'd miss Jeff and Grace, but he'd keep in touch. Though they'd be reluctant to see him with Elaina. Probably lose respect for him... Maybe cut ties. It'd be fine. He'd have the exact life he'd originally wanted not that long ago. In the city, with her, he'd work at a downtown clinic. It'd be perfect...

He started to panic. The car came to a stop at a red light and he suddenly had the urge to open the door and run. His fingers slid over the door handle.

She grasped his other hand softly and gave him a gorgeous reassuring smile. He settled back in his chair. The panic slowly diffused into a numb despondency.

"Where are we heading?" he asked, not really caring.

"Our usual steakhouse," Elaina said. "Even with all the restaurants back in the city, I actually kind of miss it."

Jon suddenly did care. He stared wide-eyed out the window and tried to think. She likely wouldn't be working tonight. Even if she was, she wouldn't take their table right?...

"Why don't we try something different? Something new...for new beginnings?" he said.

Elaina squeezed his hand, "I love the sentiment honey, but we might not get another chance to come back. Plus we're almost there, let's see if they have room at least."

Jon helplessly relented, and they pulled up and walked inside.

It was a ten minute wait for a table and Jon tried to suggest they leave, but Elaina reassured him. They snuggled on the bench in the entrance way, she let out a satisfied sigh and rested her head on his shoulder, caressing his hand.

Jon stared out at the tables thoughtlessly. Suddenly a familiar pair of beautiful brown eyes came into view. He looked away quickly but his heart rate doubled and his whole body stiffened up.

"Are you okay honey?" Elaina asked.

"Yeah. I just got a chill."

"Aww," she said, and rubbed his shoulders. "It's drafty in the foyer here. I should tell them to install another set of doors."

"Jon for two!" the hostess called.

"See honey, it wasn't even that long," Elaina said, grasping his hand firmly.

He resisted and she looked back with a frown, "Jon?"

"I um... I think I maybe left something back in the car."

"Well you were just looking at your phone... and don't worry about your wallet, I'll get the tab, come on," she reassured him.

"I..." Jon sighed and finally let her lead him forward. He knew his wallet was in his pocket, but tried unsuccessfully to think of another excuse as they walked to the table.

"Just right here by the window," the hostess said, and gestured to the table. "Here's your menus, and the wine list is over here. Our special tonight is a chicken kiev, if you have any questions about it you can ask your server, who's going to be Beth."

Jon's heart sank. Welcome to hell. He thought, and resigned himself to his fate.

"Oh, well would you look at that," Elaina said, seeming amused. The hostess walked away.

"How has she been by the way?" Elaina asked him as she started perusing the wine list.

Jon thought for a second. "Actually she recently left the clinic."

"Oh. Well that's a shame. Hopefully she's moving on to greener pastures."

"Yeah probably," Jon said, trying to distract himself with the drink menu but feeling like he could barely focus on the words.

He heard a gasp and then a familiar voice, "Hhhheyyy you two!"

Jon forced himself to look up. Beth was more jaw-droppingly beautiful then he could have imagined. Her eyes shone out from behind dark eyeliner and a touch of glitter. Her dark brown hair done up stylishly. She wore a knitted grey half-shirt open in front over a black long sleeved top with a very low cut square neckline that all but put her tits on a platter in front of him. A necklace with a red snake pendant slithered down into her bulging cleavage. A black miniskirt molded over the curve of her hips.

"Oh hello dear," Elaina said cordially, "It's good to see you again, how are you?"

"I... am well," she said with a massive overly-friendly smile. "What brings you out tonight?"

Elaina smiled and reached out to find Jon's hand across the table. "Celebrating."

"...Excellent. Anyway I'll leave you some time with the menu's but if you n-"

"Actually I'm ready to order a drink," Elaina interrupted casually.

She pointed out a Pinot Grigio.

"Great choice," Beth said, and took a deep breath before turning towards him. "Jon?"

"Ummm, I'm not quite decided there's a lot of wines here."

"Oh go ahead and order a beer honey, I don't mind," Elaina said, looking proud of her own generosity.

"S-sure. Anything new on tap Beth?" he said, forcing himself to meet her eyes.

She kept her wide smile but it had started to take on an almost maniacal look as she had watched their hands meeting across the table and Elaina's term of endearment. Her glittering eyes seemed to burn with fire and brimstone.

"I... I'm sorry I um... actually forget," she said, closing her eyes and looking like she was about to fall over. "Let me go ask and I'll be right back." She turned around quickly and walked away, her heels clicking and her ass flexing spectacularly under her miniskirt.

"Hmm, that's a bit unprofessional of her," Elaina commented. "Whatever she's doing these days she must not be waitressing as often."

What the fuck am I doing? He thought to himself, looking out the window and wanting to jump through it and run off into the streets.

Elaina's foot slid over his under the table, and she smiled at him. "I wouldn't mind if you ended up having a beer at our wedding table instead of wine."

He met her eyes doubtfully.

"I saw these very classy looking beer glasses and chalices, and I realized it wouldn't be too out of place."

Jon's looked away. "Well we don't have to worry about that now."

"Well..." Elaina said as she grasped his hand across the table again.

"Please try not to get upset, it was foolish at the time, but maybe it'll work out for the best..."

Jon squinted at her, suddenly concerned. She squeezed his hand tighter.

"We're... still booked into the wedding venue for August," she said with a cautious smile.

"I called and canceled it weeks ago. I paid the fee," he said, frowning in confusion.

"And I called them the day after and told them it was a miscommunication. They'll refund your fee whenever you call them back."

He tried to pull his hand away but she grasped it tight with both hands.

"Jonathon, please. I know it's a bit crazy, but we have until the end of March to cancel without incurring any larger fee, so why don't we just wait until then and see how we feel?"

Jon opened his mouth to reply but Beth walked up again.

"Okay, sorry about that," she said with a smile back on her face, but he could see her eyes were somewhat bloodshot now and her face a little washed out.

"So we have a local winter ale on special, and besides that on tap there's heineken a-"

"Yeah that sounds fine. I'll have the winter ale," he said looking up at her trying to keep the regret from his eyes.

"Great," she said keeping her voice cheerful. "Ready to order then?"

"Oh of course not dear we've barely had any time to look at the menus," Elaina said.

"Um, sure. Take your time. I'll come back to check on you in a bit." She forced her smile wider, and made a split second glance at Jon before turning away quickly.

Jon felt like slinking under the table and dying.

Elaina traced her foot up his leg again.

"Look, I'll understand if you insist on canceling it, for now... but maybe let's hold on to hope, just for a little while," she said tenderly.

As they talked she eventually admitted to him that she hadn't told her side of the family that the wedding was off. She had told her family over Christmas that he had stayed home due to his head injury. He listened almost in awe of how she managed to frame it in a romantic way, that she couldn't bring herself to give up on him.

They talked more about selling the house, and she smoothly segued into what was available in the city for similar costs, and places that she had been looking at online, obviously implying their eventual moving back in together.

He mostly just listened in resignation, but the suspense of Beth coming back to the table and having to see her face again ate at him.

He pulled out his phone and decided to text her, almost against his better judgment.

- Beth I didn't plan this I swear. Please just switch tables. This is too awkward for both of us.

A few minutes later his phone buzzed in reply.

- I'm perfectly fine, but you can leave if you're not comfortable. We have lots of customers waiting.

- I'm sorry.

- For what? Leering at my tits in front of your fiance? Don't worry I'm used to it. Makes your little date look even more pathetic but that's not my problem.

He sighed and put his phone away.

A couple minutes later Beth finally returned with his beer. She bent over to set it down and met his eyes with an intimidating look as her cleavage protruded out in front of him. She popped back up and cheerfully asked to take their orders.

"Great choice," she said after he croaked out his order, and as she left with another menacing smile.

He wondered if it was going to be safe to eat. He wasn't feeling very hungry anyway.

"So how's everyone else at the clinic?" Elaina asked.

"Umm, fine," he said. "Mostly the same. The hospital's ticking along the same as ever too."

She rolled her eyes. "So an inefficient mess then....No I mean, Jeff, and Doug and all them? They're doing well?" she asked.

"Yep. Nothing new really."

She smirked, "Do you know if Brent went crawling back to Carly after I cut him down a notch?" She continued before he could respond, "I never told you he had said some nasty things about you, while trying to convince me to see him. You know, looking back, I think that defending you to him was part of what made me realize how much I still loved you." She regarded him fondly for a second but then frowned when she saw the remorse on his face. "...what?" she asked.

1...34567...9