School of Hard Knock-Ups Pt. 01

Story Info
Teilun joins a Mating Tournament, so does her friend.
19.4k words
4.81
9k
11

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azin
Azin
52 Followers

"I just can't understand it, Bracken. Why are all the men in my life so weak?" a lithe, attractive female specimen of the Nightvar race complains to the fellow noblewoman across from her, the two having just finished receiving the drinks they had ordered not long ago from the small cafe they decided to meet at, "It's like no one can actually throw a good punch anymore! I swear, my brother is the only one who can actually beat me in a spar so far! Kura doesn't count, she has to use her little rodent and that creepy psychopath to stand a chance."

Rolling her eyes, the petite Nightvar noble takes a sip of her coffee, and she gives her friend a soft deadpan expression, "Honestly, Teilun. You would think that strength is all that mattered in a partner. Have you forgotten your history lessons, hm?" Bracken asks with a sigh, placing her cup back on the table, "Besides, have you considered that you and your family may just be freakishly strong? I have. No one your size should be able to bend a steel beam with a punch, and Riktor can just walk through walls as if they were made of paper. You're all terrifying, frankly."

"Oh come on, we're not that bad. Kura's husband can actually throw her, and she's one big bitch," Teilun rebuffs with a small scoff, leaning back in her seat before taking a large gulp of her drink, making Bracken wince softly at the audible noises she produces.

"Yes, well...he is the upcoming Chief of the Warstorm Clan, and also a Direvar. It makes sense that he could do so, given his propensity towards feats of physical strength. Be assured, your family are the odd ones," Bracken explains with a neutral tone, sipping at her coffee again to try and take some of the edge off of this conversation, "Frankly, Corlo is the closest one to normal, but he is exceptional in his own ways. That Var can concoct some wonderful culinary creations."

"He can sing, too. Sucks for you that he's gay, huh?" the whiny Nightvar says with a chuckle, slugging back another couple of gulps from her oversized cup that she somehow convinced the bartender to fill with Fury Brew, a brewed liquor made from fermented coffee beans and spices, the strong smell on Teilun's breath.

Bracken's eye twitches softly as a single drop of the alcoholic coffee lands on Teilun's yukata. The expensive pink and black cloth patterned with red spider lily flowers is likely to stain from the darkly colored beverage. She averts her eyes, taking another sip of her coffee, and debating if she should order a glass of Fury Brew for herself, "I don't know what you might be insinuating. He's attractive, but I will not pursue someone who is clearly not interested. Frankly, I'm more interested in Riktor, but he is taken. Ah well, I suppose I shall just have to settle for some other, more normal, Var family."

"You know, I can tell when you're being sarcastic," Teilun replies with a raised brow, then gives a teasing grin to the woman across from her, leaning in and resting her elbows on the table, "Did you not hear, Bracken? They're in an open relationship."

"T-truly?" Bracken questions with a soft, growing blush, her teenage fantasies coming back to the forefront of her mind and flooding it with images of Riktor pleasuring her in every way she can imagine, "Well, p-perhaps I could ask him about this the next time I see him. I think he may see the value in a relationship between us."

"Ha! Don't get your hopes up, he's extremely picky about who he sleeps with, turned down more than a few suitors," Teilun says, shrugging and leaning back again before drinking more of her brew, "Though I don't think you have no chance. I mean, I've hyped you up to him more than once. You've been a good friend, after all."

"It...is actually nice to hear that, I admit. Well, as thanks, I shall go against my better judgment and share some information I believe you would be interested in knowing," the refined Nightvar says, her blush dying down as the topic shifts, "There is a Mating Tournament being hosted tomorrow in Dark Marsh tomorrow, they use the usual ruleset that you practice with. I hear it is going to be a large one too, with very rigorous qualifying conditions."

"Oh yeah? Huh, I hadn't heard anything about that until just now. How did this one escape my radar until now, if it's so large?" she asks, leaning close again and giving an interested grin, "You better not be messing with me, Bracken. It's been a while since I've been in a tourny, and I'm excited to fight again, mate or not."

"Unless three of my close friends lied to me, I would say that the information is reliable. Well, I must be off soon, unfortunately. Shall we meet at the same time, next week?"

"For sure, wouldn't miss it for the world," the lithe Nightvar says with a chuckle, standing before placing a few Howlers on the table and gesturing for the door, her large glass still in hand, "We can get going together, at least until you get to your carriage. It's my turn to cover the bill this week, so we can head out now."

"Thank you, I appreciate that," the shorter of the two says with a grateful smile, downing the rest of her coffee before taking Teilun's offered hand and letting her lift Bracken to her feet, "Yes, let us be off. Oh, have you heard about the new goldsmith who has opened shop in your father's city?"

"No, I haven't. What kind of work do they make?" Teilun asks as the two make their way to the door, Teilun opening it for Bracken before they step outside and onto the stone sidewalk, "If they make anything that isn't just fancy, frilly crap, then I'm interested."

Raising a brow at the taller woman's words, Bracken glances upwards and holds up a hand to inspect the golden rings adorning her digits, and hums softly as her eyes look over the gems, "Hmm, I could almost swear you were talking about what I like to wear."

"Hehe, exactly!" Teilun replies with a playful grin, her red-tipped canines visible even in the lower light of the late afternoon, "She's learning, everybody! Bracken is learning!"

Walking in silence for a moment, Bracken can not keep a straight face for even a second longer, her laughs heard clear down the streets around them, "I c-can't believe you can joke like that! Honestly, I can understand that your tastes are different from mine, but I hear he makes intricate works that feature magical creatures."

"Sounds like fun, hehe. I'll pay him a visit after my next paycheck, maybe pick up a ring of my own," she says with a smile, seeming to be genuine in her words, "Besides, I still owe Riktor some money for a favor he did for me. I can't wait for payday!"

"I could pay that cost, I'm sure. You know this, right?" Bracken offers with a tilt of her head, unsure of why her friend is being so stubborn, sighing a moment later, "Though I know you're going to decline again. Why must you refuse my help?"

"That would be because it is a very large sum, and even you would not be able to afford much for a while if you did pay it off," the brew-guzzling Nightvar says with a shrug, taking another gulp of her drink.

"Mm...well, the offer is still there. Unfortunately, we have reached my carriage and I must say goodbye," Bracken says with a soft, sad smile, grasping the door of the vehicle and opening it. Stepping just inside of the cart, she gestures for the Thelgen coachman to wait a moment by raising a hand, "Take care, Tei. I look forward to our next meeting."

"Likewise, Brack. Drive safe, Algin," Teilun says, directing her second statement to the coachman, who gives a nod of his head in response. He waits until Bracken has shut the carriage door, then snaps the reigns in his hands to coerce the horses forwards, the carriage soon joining the rest of the sparse city traffic, "Why the hell doesn't that bird ever say anything in response? Freaking weird..."

Shrugging to herself, Teilun takes the time to take another few swigs of her Fury Brew, a buzzed smile on her face as she walks down the streets towards her home, the sun's natural light nearly completely gone from the city. She begins to hum a tune to herself, giggling softly to herself after nearly tripping, and not noticing the individual that is following her.

"What a great night. Got to see Brack, got my brew, and got a tournament to win tomorrow," Teilun says to herself, the one following her moving closer as she nears an alleyway, "Can't think of a single thing that could ruin thi- Eek!"

An arm wraps around Teilun's waist, yanking her into the nearby alleyway and onto her rear, the sleeves of her yukata sliding up her arms. Her fur manages to protect her arms from scraping against the rough tile ground, and she manages to look up just in time to find the individual pinning her to the tile.

"H-hey! Let go- Mmph!" her protests are cut off as the male Nightvar presses his lips to her's, growling in a possessive tone and reaching a hand down to slide her clothing up. Eyes wide, Teilun freezes in place, the male continuing to kiss her and attempting to disrobe her. As her garments are pulled up to her thighs, she snaps out of her trance, wrenching an arm from his grasp before slamming her palm into his cheek, pushing him backwards with the force of the blow and making him growl in pain.

"Drink up, fucker!" Teilun shouts as she leaps to her feet in a quick jump, then slams the cup over his muzzle, trapping it inside and forcing him to drink the contents. Her arm pulls back, making a fist that has her first two fingers bent as if to strike with the knuckles, driving them into the base of her ribcage a moment later.

"Ghk!" the assailant gags as he struggles to inhale, stumbling backwards and whimpering in pain from his broken muzzle, his hands grasping at the cup and managing to pull it an inch off of his muzzle before Teilun's geta-clad foot strikes the side of his head, sending the attempted rapist careening into the nearby wall before slumping to the ground.

"Asshole...damn it, now I'm horny. Ah shit, and my drink was wasted!...oh, hey Officers!"

=====

Sighing to himself, Heisuke lays back on his bed, smiling up at the ceiling and wondering what tomorrow will bring.

"Hey there, sexy," he hears from the doorway, glancing over at the one speaking before his silver eyes widen at the sight of his childhood friend standing in the doorway, her green eyes looking into his and drawing thoughts of comparisons between them and beautiful emeralds from the finest mines in all the lands, "You looking for someone to warm your bed tonight? Gotta say, I'd love to be the one to do it."

Letting his eyes wander down, they widen further as a blush grows on his face, taking note of the black lace undergarments adorning her brown-furred body, the female swaying her hips with an enticing bounce as she steadily approaches him, "You're the one I've always wanted, Heisuke. I don't care about all of those silly muscleheads anymore, I'm all yours."

She climbs onto his bed and begins to slide her body atop his, the stunned and flustered Nightvar unable to form a coherent response for a moment, allowing the sultry she-wolf to nearly kiss him. Allowing his hands to roam her body after he snaps himself out of his trance, he blushes brighter as he realizes that her breasts are pressing into his chest, and her hands are exploring his body, "I-I don't understand. What made y-you change your mind, Teilun? N-not that I'm complaining! I-I-!"

Teilun's lips firmly press to Heisuke's in a passionate kiss, silencing his stuttering and making him freeze for a moment before he melts into her embrace, moaning softly as she slips her tongue into his maw. Her hands travel over his back and his shoulders, her abs felt against his bare stomach and making him shudder in delight at the woman's sheer strength, thoughts of her pinning him down and taking him filling his head.

"Mmmm..." she moans into the kiss as well, breaking it after what feels like several minutes, panting softly as she stares into his eyes, a small wet patch felt against his groin, "Fuck me, Heisuke. Put your pups in me. I can't think of anyone I would rather spend my life with."

"T-Teilun...o-okay. I love you so much, Tei," he breathes out with a soft moan, her hips grinding against his and wetting his crotch further, the heat from her sex felt clearly against him, "C-can I take that o-off of you? I-I don't think I can wait after that kiss."

"Do it, Heisuke. Make me yours, strip me, make me scream your name. I'm your breeding bitch, you sexy alpha," Teilun coos into his ear, nibbling the tip of it and making him shudder again in pleasure as she continues to stroke his body. She gives a yip of surprise as he turns the tables, flipping the two around and pinning his new mate to the bed with a growl of desire.

One hand keeps her arms pinned above her head, the other fondling her large, silver-furred, bare breasts and making her moan out as he grinds his length against her warm slit, a small patch of silver fur on her groin to match her ample chest.

"You're mine, in that case. I'm going to fuck you until you can't walk properly, you got that?" Heisuke growls down at her, baring his teeth before gently biting down around her throat in a display of dominance, a shudder felt through his partner before she screams out in a loud, shrill tone. Startled and alarmed, Heisuke removes his fangs from her body, looking down at her in clear concern, "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Teilun blankly stares up at him for a moment before her maw opens wide, the same shrill sound ringing through his ears and making his hands move to cover them, "G-gods, what is wro-"

'BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEP!'

Eyes snapping open, a fully clothed Heisuke shoots up from his bed, eyes blinking in drowsiness before glaring down at the still blaring alarm clock on his bedside table, "Oh, shut up!"

Unplugging the alarm clock, Heisuke makes a silent vow to destroy the damnable piece of equipment when he has the chance, then groans as he recalls what the display had read; 9:40.

"Uuuugh...the tournament starts in twenty minutes...the tournament starts in twenty minutes! Ahhhh!"

=====

Yawning, Teilun holds a furred hand over her open muzzle, licking her lips a moment later as she closes her maw again, "Oh gods, it's too early...or just too long since I did this. So, this is the tournament grounds, huh? Quaint."

Stepping towards the old stone structure, painted in various locations to make it appear more vibrant and colorful, Teilun makes note of the large sign above the doorway, chuckling softly as she reads it out, "'Bloody Sands Arena,' huh? Guess they really aren't messing around here, should be a blast."

"Of course. Why would anyone who seeks a strong mate give anything less than their best in a tournament like this?" asks a large male Nightvar nearby, the other combatants and audience members scattered around the paved courtyard, "Are you telling me that you won't give this your all? Then you should go home now."

"Ha! Big guy, I bet most of you won't even be able to touch me. That isn't arrogance speaking, it's past experience," she says with a grin, looking over the male and giving an unimpressed chuckle, "You don't look like you could give me an even match either. Not trying to be mean, just saying that unless I find someone worth going all in for, It's just fun for me."

"I am aware, your name isn't exactly a hidden bit of knowledge in these circles, Teilun Bloodfang. Your family are primarily pharmacists and pharmaceutical developers, though not everyone goes into that field," he lists off the information with ease, shaking his head and crossing his arms over his chest, "If you are not careful, the wrong person will claim you one day."

"What's that supposed to mean, pal? You trying to say I'm not gonna find any good guys here?" Teilun asks with a raised brow, her hands resting on her hips as she turns to face him.

"Simply that you should not take something as serious as our traditions this lightly. The consequences are heavy, should you be the Chosen," he reminds Teilun, making her scoff in dismissal, "Fine then, ignore me. But you can not say you were not warned."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Teilun says with a wave of her hand, rolling her eyes and continuing towards the doors to the arena. A black blur dashes past her a few moments later, making her stumble for a moment before catching her footing, "What the-? Was that...Heisuke?"

Shrugging to herself again, she makes her way into the arena and glances around the crowded room, many different people here with the intent to compete, a Nightvar seen staring creepily at her as she takes in her surroundings. Raising a brow at him, it takes her a moment to remember her old rival, an older male named Kanemaru Wilters, someone whose advances she has had to shoo off on more than one occasion.

"Disgusting prick...oh hey, it really was Heisuke!" Teilun says with a smile as she spots her childhood friend, the gentle Nightvar mage wandering around with a lost expression, "Heisuke! Over here, buddy!"

Perking his ears, his head turns to face her, and a smile splits his face a moment later, running towards her and navigating his way through the crowd, "Teilun! I didn't expect to see you here! Are you here to watch?"

"Nah, I'm here to compete! How about you? Betting on me again, I bet," she says with a chuckle, resting an arm over his shoulder and making the shorter male look up at her to meet her gaze.

"N-no, I'm uh...here to compete as well, actually," he admits with a soft blush, grinning sheepishly up at her and causing Teilun's eyes to widen in surprise, "I-I know, you wouldn't think I would be at a tournament like this, but...I've been practicing my magic, and I want to see what I can do now that I'm an Adept in the Geomancy school."

"Wow...I remember when you were just an initiate! It's been so long since we met, hasn't it? You were such a cute little guy, always wanting to play with me and the other girls," Teilun says with a quiet laugh, pinching the embarrassed mage's cheek and cooing as if speaking to a baby.

"H-hey, you were small too! I was taller than you for three years, I'll remind you!" Heisuke says with an indignant pout, scowling up the red-fanged woman and huffing, "You couldn't even lift me until we were fifteen."

"Well, I think that says more about your weight than about my strength," she says with a teasing smile, patting him on the head, "But don't worry. If I win, I won't make you go through being Chosen. I know you'll do the same, so good luck!"

"I-I...y-yeah! Definitely!" Heisuke says with a tad too much excitement, smiling eagerly up at the taller Nightvar.

Her eyes narrow a bit, suspicion crossing her features and making his eager smile turn into a sheepish one, though he sighs in relief as a loud buzz is heard through the lobby, the announcement a moment later distracting Teilun, "Attention, to all combatants who wish to compete! Sign-up will close in five minutes, please make sure that you have registered before time runs out!"

"Oh shit! Sorry Heisuke, I gotta get myself registered!" Teilun says with a nearly panicked expression, making Heisuke chuckle softly as she takes off for the front desk, the male watching her as she goes.

Scanning over the room in a rush, Teilun gives a soft yip of excitement as she spots the desk used for signing up, only two of the three staff currently busy. She makes her way over to the Gerbin female behind the counter, the rodent-like woman wearing a sweet smile on her muzzle, her features obscured by a traditional Gerbin-made mask, "Greetings, Teilun. You're here to register for this tournament too?"

"Is that...Grenda! Hey, it's nice to see you again! Yeah, I'm here to register," Teilun says with a chuckle, leaning onto the desk and looking over the short creature, "You've lost some weight, haven't you? You're looking even better these days."

Azin
Azin
52 Followers