All Comments on 'Second Time Around'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK story but a few things bug me.

When she spoke of her ex she also indicated this guy was a bastard. Why? He did the honest thing and broke up with her. He didn't cheat or lie or coerce her into sex. Not sure why he would wait so long but he did wait.

She says she can't trust him? Again, trust what? That he would leave her again? Maybe, I guess.

They are adults but no sex until marriage again? Seriously? And she takes out a 9 inch dildo! My god that would be a mood kill. However, when they do have sex she exclaims he is so big. Lucky the guy has a 10 incher!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good story but one thing, if a person is talking, don’t give them multiple lines and different quotation marks. for example, "I want to be able to trust you Roger."

"Please don't hurt me again. I don't think I could bear it."

These two lines are said by the same person, but because you used a new set of quotation marks, it sounds like the second line was said by roger when it was really said by meredith. if you’re gonna have someone keep talking, ditch the second pair of quotation marks. it would look like this "I want to be able to trust you Roger."

Please don't hurt me again. I don't think I could bear it."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah! Those Elgin girls!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ditto meh.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

Good yarn, but needs a part 2. 4 stars.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

TheDok has asked me to explain my previous comment that this story could do with a part 2. I liked this tale because it takes place over nearly 20 years and I am a sucker for stories with a strong sense of place and time. In this case the story ends at the wedding, and it left me hanging. I want to know what happened next. Did the marriage work out? Did the happy couple have a family? In retrospect I should have suggested adding a short addendum to cover this, but that is just my opinion. Ultimately this is the author’s story and he can do what he likes. I also think that I underscored this tale, so 5 stars and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Roger seemed like a stupid wimp who let Meredith manipulate hom from the beginning

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous