Seduced By The Woman Next Door Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They agreed to act on my behalf. We agreed on a fee, they were convinced that John had not taken any legal advice otherwise he would know that he was trapped. Simon suggested, "I think once your husband sees the documentation, he will understand."

It was then I said, "I don't want to screw him over, I just want it to be fair."

He nodded, "Well let's see what happens when he receives our demands."

"I don't want his super." I squeaked."

Greg who was still listening interjected, "You are entitled to it."

Simon added, "Charlotte, if you are serious, we can use it as a bargaining tool. We can suggest if he plays fair then he can keep it."

That made sense. The drive home was quiet, deep in thought I again wondered how we ended up here, our marriage gone up in smoke, and all this acrimony, the arguing and fighting was horrible.

It took a couple of days for John to receive the official letter from the solicitors. I was expecting him to be angry but his reaction was explosive. My phone rang and when I checked the number, I realised it was John.

As I answered all I could hear was screaming. It was that loud it was painful. I held the phone away from my ear as Brianna watched on with interest. After several minutes I tried to say something but he just kept ranting like a wild man.

I waited, but Brianna walked over, grabbed my phone from my clasping fingers and disconnected the call.

Before I could complain it rang again, this time Brianna answered, again even although it wasn't on loudspeaker, I could hear his screaming. Brianna disconnected without even talking to him.

That scene replayed over and over until on the fifth ring when Brianna answered, "Hello John, let me explain this to you, so even you can understand. That rude obnoxious behaviour will not be tolerated. If you cannot be polite then don't call again. I will pass the phone to Charlotte, but I warn you, at the first sign of any bad language or raised voices, I will disconnect the call."

She handed me the phone, "Hello John." I mumbled, embarrassed.

He was still angry, I could sense him barely holding on, "What the hells with the solicitors letter Charlotte. Fuck do you hate me that much, Jesus I never realised what a gold digger you were."

"John, don't start. I went to a solicitor because of your belligerent attitude the other day. I didn't want to; I just want to be treated fairly."

"Fairly my arse." He snapped, Jesus, you even want my super. Well fuck you Charlotte."

"John, if you will sit down with me and work out a fair settlement, we won't need solicitors, we can do it ourselves and save the money."

The phone hung silently in my fingers, all I could hear was his breathing, "Alright Charlotte, Saturday at the house, how about ten?"

"Yes, that's fine. See you then."

After disconnecting Brianna hugged me, "God what an arsehole. He is an idiot."

Her words stung, I wanted to defend him but she was right, he was behaving like a crazy man.

The week disappeared in editing, writing with Briana and driving lessons with Debbie. She preferred Brianna to drive with her. Apparently, I'm a fuss pot and keep yelling at her to watch out, she follows to close, or she takes her eyes off the road, goes to fast, brakes too late.

Brianna just lets her do her thing, I tried to explain that the examiner was going to be more like me than Brianna.

The arguments over driving aside. Debbie and I had found a more relaxed place. We managed to discuss most things and she listened a little. Now when we spoke, I noticed she listened.

The weekend rolled around and it was time to face John. Again, Brianna offered to come along for support, but I decided, free of any other personalities he and I might actually find a way to get past the anger.

Pulling up in the driveway I noticed the for-sale sign. Unlocking the door and walking in, the house was staged, it didn't resemble out old home at all. OK the furniture was the same but it was completely rearranged and prepared for sale.

I finally found the kettle and cups and saucers. I made a pot of tea and wandered out onto the deck.

As I sat in the old swing chair rocking slowly, I heard John's car pull up. God, I hoped he was alone. Listening intently there was only one door closing, so I guessed he was alone.

He wandered in calling out, "Charlotte... are you here?"

"There's a cup of tea for you on the bench." I replied with a hoarse yell.

Moments later he appeared on the deck, cup of tea in hand. "How have you been?" He asked sitting on the step facing me.

"Fine, although Debbie is going to be the death of me, her driving is still terrible."

He chuckled, "Yeah that I understand, hopefully she's getting better."

"Yes, Brianna has more patience than me." Damn it, the words spilled out without thinking. I saw him cringe at the mention of her name. "Sorry." I mumbled.

"No, it's OK, I'm getting used to hearing her name. Every second word out of Debbies mouth is Brianna... Brianna did this, or that, drives me crazy."

I chuckled with him, "Yes they seem to have got past the bitterness and are now friends at least."

He gave me a strange glare, his face looked tight and drawn, his eyes, cold. "No sense beating around the bush Charlotte. How are we going to do this?"

"John honey all I want is a fair settlement. I know I did the wrong thing and this is all my fault, but I worked just as hard as you did to buy this house. I helped paint it, I did all the gardens. This house is as much a part of me as it is you."

He nodded, "That might be true, but I feel like I am being screwed, and not in a nice way."

Grabbing his hand, I gazed into his eyes, "I am truly sorry John my love. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Then why, god Charlotte tell me why?"

Trying to fight back the overwhelming guilt I moaned, "I can't explain this to you. Nothing I say will make sense, but the moment I met Brianna there was a connection and I couldn't fight it."

Shaking his head in bewilderment he was close to tears, "Have you always felt this way? Were you hiding this from me all these years?"

"No! God no. I didn't know myself. I am telling the truth; this was as much a shock to me as it was to you."

"Christ, I don't think so Charlotte. I feel betrayed, cheated, let down."

Nodding, I squeezed his hand tighter. I let him lift it to his mouth and kiss my fingers. We sat like that for minutes before he muttered, "OK, so what do you want?"

"Honey all I want is for us to sell the house and anything neither of us want and split everything fifty fifty. Debt's money, everything."

He frowned, "I have a real problem with you taking half my super, that seems pretty callous."

I snorted, "I don't want your super, that was the solicitor's idea, not mine."

He mulled it over, I could almost see the wheels turning, "Charlotte, I don't want any of the furniture, you can have it all."

I sighed, "I don't want it either. I want some of our personal stuff, photo's, pots, pans, cutlery. But the furniture, if you don't want it sell it."

"I'll contact an auction house to come and give us a valuation." He groaned.

Giving him a quick glance, I whispered, "Shall I get my solicitor to write it up?"

He nodded, wiped his hand through his hair, "I guess that's it then."

Nodding I moved into his arms taking him by surprise, "Thank you Love, I'm glad we could talk." His rough face felt strange against my cheek as we kissed.

We walked out into the driveway and he spluttered, "I would like us to be able to get along for Debbie's sake."

"I want the same thing John, I don't hate you, I still have feelings for you."

He turned quickly and stared straight into my eyes, "What would have happened if I had accepted your affair with Brianna?"

Shocked I stuttered, "I don't know, I didn't plan any of this, maybe it would have remained just a brief affair and we could have gone on with our lives, I don't know."

He looked confused, frowning, tense, he mumbled, "I'm sorry, we should have had this talk earlier."

We drove off in separate directions.

Thankfully the house sold quickly, the divorce was finalised without contest.

Debbie to my surprise got her licence and it was like pow, she was gone. Well most days she was off with her friends doing whatever it is teenagers do these days.

It left Brianna and I to find out if we could live together.