All Comments on 'Seducings of a Specious Succubus'

by PortiaPridemoon

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesar8 months ago

(That's the second time I've complained about site maintenance and it's magically resolved the next day. Either I have good timing or someone's paying attention. :P Fortunately I was prudent enough to copy my original comment off the activity feed when the page started throwing a 404:)

"I suppose I would have been dead already, were it not for my daily exercise routine and the gift of extraordinary virility"

I like the tacit implication the threat wasn't from stealing his soul, but that he might've been crushed by the sex. :P

Back when I was young and foolish, I thought how great it would be to read thoughts, then once I was a little older I started to understand how catastrophic that would be without a filter. We've seen more -objective- darkness with the Duodecaplets, but Alena's story depresses in a different, and arguably more pervasive way. Witty but prematurely world-weary, she reads like an alternate-universe Portia who lacked the means to make an adventuring career—and given she's barely an adult and inferred to be living rough for some time, she must have fled some serious shit. I can only imagine what she'll feel when she meets her mother.

PS: Thank you for reminding us that chivalry was invented to try to stop the medieval warlords from being complete tools. :^)

PPS: "You're bear-able."

I'll admit, I snorted.

PortiaPridemoonPortiaPridemoon8 months agoAuthor

I'm so glad you had a backup of your comment!

I guess there was more depth in the Mayor's bragging than I thought. I was going for "an arrogant, old man tries to defend his faithfulness but can't help but turn it into a brag" where later on, Ser Thomas wonders how she didn't crush him under all that weight. Maybe he was that virile, after all!

The alternate universe Portia is a good observation. We know from other stories that Alena has killed before ("murderer!"), at least supposedly but we don't have that story yet but it's probably not pleasant. What's tragic and interesting about her is while Portia got to overcome the adversity of her abundant chest and become an underdog adventurer despite her disadvantage, Alena is just too big to follow that particular path.

She is busty to the point of physical inconvenience and even disability (something we already saw a bit of with Anastasia being unable to use certain somatic components, and even worse here) but also a debilitating, social handicap in that even if she weren't a wanted woman, she's doomed to never be taken seriously. She's a sex object turned up past sexy and into absurdity, but still trying to live a life. She's a sharp mind trapped in a freakish body. The novelty porn star trying to buy groceries, get dinner or just function in public at all, and she didn't ask for any of it.

She's one of my favorites!

Thanks for reading and commenting, as always!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPortiaPridemoon@PortiaPridemoon
Female-forward, sex-positive stories for grownups with overactive imaginations! Characters. Story. Sex with a catch. Big breasts, big cocks, big hearts! I have works in SciFi with "Space Debris," Fantasy with "Pairs of Pumpkins" and present-day with "The Trojan Horse Wore H...