Seduction Ch. 06: Surprise!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Speaking of Alex, he had a live-in girlfriend for over a year. She was a beautiful twenty-five-year-old, and they were planning to get married. But his wandering eye put an end to that. He is forty-three now, still chasing women in their twenties. It's funny how a little grey around the temples will make a man look even sexier. Go figure.

Life as a single mom is certainly not what I dreamed my future would be. But I had my dream and lost it. I allowed myself to develop strong feelings for another man, so when the time came, I could not fully commit to the one that I knew, deep down, was the right one. I got distracted by the glitter and, for just a couple of days, lost sight of the gold. That was all it took.

It seems that Kathy (from Chapter 4) made a big, if temporary, impact on Alex. You may also have recognized Janet Richards (the former Mrs. Janet Johnston) as the wronged wife from Chapter 5. I'm glad her story had a happy ending.

If you've read stories written more than 100 years ago, you will know that 'making love' did not mean 'having sex'. It described any activity that could lead to romantic feelings, such as complimenting her looks, buying her gifts, flirting and dancing. I like that definition. After all, love doesn't just happen - it has to be made, and not just by having sex. I feel that when a wife cooks a special dinner or dresses sexily for her husband, or when a husband buys his wife a gift or pays special attention to her wants, or when a couple cuddles in bed, they are making love. By that standard Alex and Beth were still making love, even after they stopped having sex.

Compared to my previous stories, Beth had the worst outcome, even though one could argue that her conduct was the "least bad" of the lot, except, perhaps, for Karen's from Chapter 2, whose transgression only lasted for a few hours. But that's life, isn't it? Good or bad, we rarely get what we deserve (for which this author is grateful). Beth committed the sin of not appreciating what she had and working to keep it. It's a sin that carried its own punishment when she lost it.