All Comments on 'Separate Vacations: Parallel Lives'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 799 Comments (Page 4)
Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 4 years ago
Still great the second time around

Read both versions a second time and loved them again.

It takes a master to re-do a master and still make a great read.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I couldn't do it

I would not be able to take her back. Almost every single time they talked after the divorce, she insulted him and raved in his face like a lunatic. The chance of her going back to her old ways is just too high.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 4 years ago

Give love a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

I’m gonna be honest. I think this story is even better than the original. Absolutely amazing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I think it's funny

While they're all sitting around coaching Bruce on how to take his writing to the masses:

Maitland grinned. "... Find yourself ... a good editor, write something decent, and you're on your way."

You need to take your own advice and find yourself a good editor.

This story is replete with misspellings, incorrect character name substitutions, confused dialogue punctuation and spacing, point-of-view confusion (switching from first to third-person perspective within the same paragraph).

It also has the Loving Wives category's overly worn-out trope of a double-black-belt commando protagonist whipping the life out the antagonist's stud.

Anyone with that skill-set would have had more courage and self-confidence than a freaking video-store manager.

And Lew's freaking plane crash? Where in the hell did that come from?

I just can't give this any more than two stars.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 4 years ago
Parallel lives is correct.

Let me say this first, I think I wrote a comment on my first reading. I couldn´t agree with the premis of the story then and I felt it worse the second time. Lets forget how the author had so many people here, that he kept forgetting who was who and who did what. and also having a first second and third party commenting on the story. This wasn´t about the money. But yet he kept bringing it up in every discussion they had. Hmmm. And. For the money she made, this was supposed to be a very smart lady. And what about her lawyers? Now why didn´t she pull out his credentials and showed the divorce court how he could get a better paying job working the same hours and still have time for his writings? As many times as he denied it not being about the money, any judge and the counselor would have seen throught his rouse. But I guess the author was hoping nobody would see that so he made Bruce ultra rich to try to cover up his true intentions. Also.She didn´t have sex with big dick till after the divorce. But yet when talking to him she tells him. ¨ I´ve always loved Bruce even while still married to him and having sex with you.¨ That doesn´t sound like she waited till after her divorce. Anyway, I could go on a lot more on things that just don´t make sense in this story but I better end it now, who knows, If is´s so easy for a video clerk to make it rich, maybe my chance is right around the corner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Separate Vacations

The term " Life is stranger than fiction tion " is so true. If you love someone, when you love someone that love just does not die because they crush you. Sometimes you can recover and maybe come back together. Other times you have to cut your losses and move on. This story is about one of those times that they come back together. I think if they could get a good script and pack all of this into about 80 minutes or so it would do well. I enjoyed both, the original and this rewrite

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Wow! I have read many stories about love gone wrong, bur I have to say that I truly enjoyed this one so much. I used to write some myself, but this to me is the most emotional story of love lost and later regained. Excellent job to keep the story line so interesting.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm..

What do you do when one of your favorite authors rewrites one of your favorite stories from another one of your favorite authors. I've put off reading this story because I didn't want to ruin the original. Then I put off scoring and commenting on it until I could decide how I felt. You can't unread a story once you read it. I'm sure some of you understand. Just like those husbands that are sure their wife is cheating but don't confront her. It's called nonconfrontational. Most think he's a wimp but there is a lot more to it. Anyway, as usual I was not disappointed. It is probably one of the best rewrites if not the best and I find it takes nothing away from the original. Over the years I've read the original three or four times and I'm sure it will be the same with this one. Thank you for all your hard work over the years. I hope you enjoy writing your stories as much as I enjoy reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I''ll do what I always do, even when I was married to Bruce, and sleeping with you

Wasn’t cheating on him my ass she was a fucken whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I liked the story, except for the appalling cultural appropriation that his daughters and girlfriend committed in Japan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
3 Stars

He Wanted A Cheating Slut Back .. Well He Got His Wish

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 3 years ago
You did fine but,

I preferred the original story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bravo! Well done even if it's a rewrite! FULL MARKS!!!

This story is brilliantly written and a very good ending. All, the arguments and comments I had fell by the way side when I read what the Psychologist said – I think she said what we all wanted to say to this stupid bitch! In the back of my mind, honestly speaking, I always thought that he was stupid because he were living the Great American Novel! The first lesson I ever got about writing was as the workshop leaders said, “Write what you know!” Thanks for sharing. It could have stood as a stand alone story - but as you know - Literotica readers are very loyal to the good ones like you qhlm1!!! 5-STARS!!!

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Surpassed

The original by a long long way. 5

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

I still have not figured out why, when I read your stories that my house leaks tears. Your stories are fantastic and I think this is probably the best one I have read. Thank you for your writings and for making me see another side of life.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

By the way, I read the original story before reading this one as you requested. I felt the original story was a 5, then I read yours and it far surpassed any scoring on this site. The ending was so much deeper and I think really got to the soul of the concept. Again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quality tops!

It was all I could do not to squall.😁

I actually have about half a dozen unsubmitted manuscripts, so this may have reactivated me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Writing

A little long but loved the end. Wished they hadn't brought in other people to their sex life.

SimepopSimepopover 3 years ago

Dude, as always, you nailed it, DQS is a great author, but in my humble, you’re in the top 5 here. This piece could have used some additional editing, however, at least once you referred to Tiffany as “Mona”. Most noticeable, though, is referring to a Boxer as a BMW; a Boxer is a Porsche for those owners who can’t really afford a ‘real’ Porsche. Thanks again for your work, keep the good words flowing. CTB

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

It worked up to page five, when she rang him while having sex. Why would anyone continue to listen to that unless they get off on it. He had no compunction in hanging up on her during many previous calls, so was he enjoying the experience?

Unfortunately the whole meandering path was as predictable as most other plots here, once the author starts peppering a story with observations about them still being in love we really don’t have to struggle guessing the outcome.

So the denouement is the usual ‘They lived happily ever after’.

Even with disbelief suspended that’s a whole lot of crap to have to swallow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written but WHY ???!!@@

Why would you take her back . She is a CUNT she disrespected him time amd again she pulled that phone call shit amd then flips when he takes his dsughters on vacation. Sorry well written but no way in hell

Cor007Cor007over 3 years ago
Second time, still crying

Re-reading this deeply emotional story and seeing some of the parallels in my own life. Thanks for writing about the heart wrenching but also intoxicating feelings that true love can bring.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
You too

You know i thought you will be different but Bruce is still a wimp...She's full of shit and he's weak why do he think made her change her mind ? A real man would have find someone else not her...i know i wouldn't took her back

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

I really liked your story. Others will disagree, but I don’t think he should take her back. Why punish himself for what he remembered their love to be? In the end, she still knew so little about him because she only really cared if he was successful by her definition. She couldn’t go 30 seconds without hurting him, she is toxic. He was always a good provider and father. In spite of her, he followed his passion and eventually became successful by her definition. Who says she won’t decide again that isn’t enough? Though I disagreed with the ending, make no mistake this is an excellent tale. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wimp

Gonna be honest, it was a waste of time. At the end she's still a bitch and he's pathetic.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago
You can pollish a turd

Greg and Lew are not characters to pull into any story. They are both caricatures. Try original work. You can pollish a turd, but when you are done it is still a turd.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I read story for second time. It is generally well-written, but it is mostly over-the-top when it gets into success and wealth. It is easier to write about rich and successful people, but it isn't reality.

Another failure is Tiffany's many cock-comparisons. I just cannot see even a ranting wife tell any man that their cock is smaller than another's or that sex is better with someone else. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but that is not how women behave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I don't generally have a problem with reconciliations but she was so disrespectful after the divorce. Calling him during sex is way way out of line. I wouldn't be able to get past that level of disrespect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great

great writing but man, this character burnt the bridges then atomized the remains.

The calling during sex would be very very hard to get over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic tale of Love, Despair and finally hopefully everlasting love the 2nd Time!

Think I may have read this before but maybe a little different one told by DQS. Anyway it was a great read and in the end finally happyness!

5* for sure!

BR Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Too much baggage to ever work. She was so hateful, he must have developed Stockholm syndrome to take her back. He is a battered husband, only it was done with emotional and mental cruelty instead of violence. In that light, the ending is very dark and depressing.

meucimeuciover 3 years ago

I was looking for the right word to pop in my head to describe her the whole story. I never really thought of that word until I was reading the comments and there In one written by Koxok was the word that best describes her TOXIC. She always was and always will be toxic and anybody who is around her will always be waiting for her next bad mood for her to spill her toxins all over them or whatever situation she finds herself in. It was a very well written story but in the end I just can't see where any sane person would take her back. She just is too toxic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Part 2?

While I loved the 2 stories, I'm sure most would like a continuance of the story... I feel this story could be a series,..

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

Seriously? After everything she put him thru, he still takes her back.. the story was good til the raac started. I get that they have history and kids but he should've btb hard after everything she put him thru.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago

Can't polish a turd. Original was awful this was worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

He basically played an Uno Reverse Card and after the dust settled she came crawling back as someone who was little more than the sweepings off the street. Why did he take her back, you ask? To prove once and for all that he's the better man, period. She'll never live it down, even if she lives to be 100. Would that all selfish, snobby, arrogant, people might crash and burn in such a manner. HA!

Woodturner2018Woodturner2018over 3 years ago

To all of you that can’t understand why he would take her back, you have obviously never been deeply in love with someone. I have and my heart breaks every time I think of her. Yes she was a controlling bitch of the nth degree, but I loved her. I can never get her back because she smoked herself to death and I feel the loss every day, regretting that I never could confront her. Life goes on.

Both stories were very good 5 stars.

DukedErotiqueDukedErotiqueover 3 years ago
A Great Take on the Original

If anybody could take the works of the great DanielQSteele1 and build on it and improve it - well it was obviously going to be qhml1! Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
qhml1 .... this is a first for one of your really adamant supporters ....

I hate cheating WHORE wife Apologist stories and .... YOU have written your first!

Not NO .... but Hell “NO” to this really bad pile of CUCK SH*T tale!

PLEASE don’t repeat this ever again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gotta agree with "Nice"

Tiffany is such a stupid screw up. It's only at the end of the story that she finally pulls her head out of her ass and realizes that her mother was wrong about everything. Okay, I get that some of you are pissed that he took her back. The thing you got to understand is that despite the author's premise, the only role she played was being the proverbial bad guy. Is that a proud legacy to have?? Obviously not.

Simply put, she contributed nothing positive toward his success at all. She finally knows it, but everybody else knew it practically from the beginning. She's a complete disgrace of a human being and he's not doing her any favors by taking her back into his life. By taking her back, she will be surrounded by constant reminders of her total failure as a person, a mother, a wife, a lover, etc. for the remainder of her life. Even if she spends the rest of her days mending broken fences, do you think she'll ever regain more than just the slightest hint of personal integrity? Would you ever trust such a person? Think about it.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Oh yeah! You can really write good emotional stories. Thanks for sharing,

. 5*s.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

5 star rating, for emotion, conflict and resolution-maybe. Every thing you added to the original story was good except the gun thing at the end threatening him if he was ever unfaithful because he never was. She was the cheater even if she never went 'all the way'. She was an emotional cheater, a fool around cheater. I don't really think they had any real basis for reconciliation. But your the writer and it was a good story. Thank you

jharpjharpover 3 years ago

Qhml1, you call the protagonist a principled man. My interpretation of him is considerably less generous. Simply put, I call him weak. No man with even a shred of self respect would put up with what he did for 8 years. Only weak willed simps do that. And no offense but had she suddnely whipped out a Didldo to peg him up the ass I'm pretty sure he'd bend over with only an internal monologue for a complaint. He was a fucking pussy in every sense of the word. So to suddenly learn he's some mixed martial arts champion comes out left field and comes off as a cop out. The fact that he beats the other man who boned his wife is immaterial. It felt so very forced and just unbelievable.

I get it though, dude. DDQ didn't give you much to work with amd very little wiggle room for the character to grow. Especially if you were trying to be consistent with the character portrayed yet change the situation and outcome. But the mixed Martial arts part comes off as too little too late to salvage the manhood of a man who has been so thoroughly emasculated that you'd need to virtually rebuild him from the ground up, and that would take up at least another 6 pages. I will say that I enjoyed the part where he gets his life in order, but that was the only part.

A couple of years ago I would have said that a woman like the Wife didn't exist. Too over the top and too much of a raving, psychotic loonytoon. The I dated one and promptly realized such women DO exist. Thankfully it was only 2 weeks before I kicked her to the curb. Art imitates life and vice versa I reckon. But even then their situation could have been far less difficult if put her on block and pit his foot down and stayed consistent.

Still, given the confines you operated under you spun a fairly decent tale. But I remember this story. Vividly. And I dont think there's anything anyone could have done to salvage the Protagonists masculinity. And truthfully DDQ writes stories where the wives are over the top, self centered, narcissistic terrible people and the husbands are over the top weak, spineless idiots who couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. DDQ loved to get off on the pain of betrayal and just prolonge it as long as he could. It was like reading torture porn. It turned me off from his stories. Honestly dude you do better with your own works. Just my honest take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

WHY do so many 'writers' here have the women fainting left right and centre at the drop of a hat, FFS it doesn't actually happen in real life unless there is a medical condition or severe shock, this woman should have been fainting as much as was written here.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

pretty good story until the raac ending. yes she may of changed but she put him thru hell. all those times she rubbed it in his face shouldve killed his love for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have so little patience for crude critics with no stories of their own to offer. I am well aware of my limitations, that is why I am thankful for writers like Q. A constructive comment worded politely is one thing, to many fall into the CAN'T FIX STUPID file. This was a very good story by a very talented writer, he just needs to attract a better group of critics!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written, but

Why the hell bother? If you’re going with the same absurd ending as the original, there’s no reason for this story to exist. He may still love her, but there’s no forgiving the torture she inflicted on him. Until the very end she doesn’t get it.

“getting back at you for the way you hurt me”

How precisely did he do that? By not being a doormat?

“It just wasn't fair.”

How precisely was it not fair? She didn’t think he could make it as a writer, so he made it with other people. Sounds fair to me.

The last scene completely ruins ten pages of great writing. Bruce ends up deserving everything she did to him. Despite winning $2M in court, becoming a business success, and finally achieving his dream of being a writer, he never did grow a pair of balls. Tiffany was right about him after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

This version is much more better than the previous one. My goodness it is much more complete. Thank you for your lovely story. it's definitely a 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 or more.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
Re: widowedidiot

I think either you misinterpreted what Q wrote or simply skewed it to fit your own agenda on the story. You must have typed your version of the quote instead of copying and pasting as what you quoted is not what was in Q's story. This is your version: "She didn´t have sex with big dick till after the divorce. But yet when talking to him she tells him. [¨ I´ve always loved Bruce even while still married to him and having sex with you.¨] That doesn´t sound like she waited till after her divorce.

This is the correct version: Tiffany grinned, finally finding some humor. ["I''ll do what I always do, even when I was married to Bruce, and sleeping with you. You never saw my toy collection, did you? I have some very, VERY nice equipment. It's how I managed to take you without hurting at first. I practiced, a lot. Goodbye, Stephen."

I placed both versions of the quote in brackets. Note the comma missing in your version that does appear ["...Bruce, and.."] in Q's story. The comma means to separate the two from each other, meaning she used the toys both when she was married to Bruce AND when she was divorced and fucking Stephen. She was not saying she was fucking Stephen when she was still married to Bruce. I will admit that Q could have worded it differently making it clearer but that's the way she meant it.

I have issues with a number of characters in both version and with the endings but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them, Q's more than DQS1's. With all of the cruel, hateful things Tiffany heaped on Bruce, especially the phone calls I just can't see it happening, I wouldn't have. But it's fiction and there are only so many ways to handle a story if you want to attempt to remain true to someone else's work. Adding in some of his other characters from other of his stories added to the flow of filling Bruce out without going to extreme, artificial means. I also happen to agree with Q's feelings on how DQS1 handles his male characters. Signed: BTW

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 3 years ago
So

The writer chick was a beast in bed, had huge tits, and was nice to him? And he picked his bitch ex-wife instead? Why the hell would anybody do that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better then the original

But still feel like the wife won. I guess this is one of the times where the heart wants what the heart wants.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

The cheating whore did fuck the asswipe and rubbed his face in it, AND he takes her back? This is RAAC bullshit and the main character Bruce is only a wimpy cuckold and a pussy! Tiffany shouldn't have been to come back I to his life if he was actually a man with convictions and self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

First off, unless it's a micropenis, size doesn't matter! Size queens are rare, and whores for the most part.

Secondly, the fact that Tiffany never even thought about using her money to get him a decent editor shows how little respect or love she had for him.

Thirdly, people who faint more than 1 or 2 times in their lives have a brain problem that needs to be addressed.

And I get this is a romantic story, but when you look at it, Tiffany was a bitch and there wasn't much to love about her.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

This was a very good story. I liked the alternate ending a little better but the gun at the end was a bit much. The burning shoes was good. Still not sure about him taking her back but a line from a movie I watched a hundred years go sums it up: There ain't no accounting for the people some people marry! Ain't that the truth! I happen to be one of them!

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
Best line ever!

He didn't grow a set of balls, He kicked King Kong's Ass and stole his. Best line I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Again I felt much better after reading this version after the original. I’m usually all for a BTB ending unless there’s a good rationale for a different ending. This version shows a good rationale for this ending.

Even if was just a forgiving love. That happens in life.

Also all of men who’ve had vasectomies know the amount of ejaculate doesn’t measurably change. If you’ve had a radical prostatectomy you don’t have any. It comes from the prostate not your balls.

Get it right!

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
pretty bad spelling...

and grammar...

Arraignments is not a synonym for arrangements

who could care less???

This is between Bruce and I, so please, not a word.???

He advised Lew and I ???

I couldn't breath???

grade 8 english.

still, i read the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a read. As a man, I can really relate to this experience. You had my eyes welled up several times. I may not have experienced this ending, but it really warms my heart, when I'm not too moved to tears from reading this. Thank you for sharing your gift...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

All that time and effort and all you managed to produce was another pathetic RAAC story.

CTimCTimabout 3 years ago

I thought I had read all of your work, but somehow managed to miss this one. Excellent remake! I agree with you about the original, it has stuck in my mind as well. The scene where the ex-wife calls during sex with her lover is one that I remember well inspite of reading thousands of stories on lit over the years.

I realize the magical big dick stuff is way overblown. However, I must admit when she honestly admits it was great with the ex-lover is a tough pill to swallow for all of us average size long married guys who wonder what our wives really think about size.

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 3 years ago

10 STARS..... Original was good. i reread it to make sure i remembered it correctly. what you did with it was add to it and make it differnet but the same. thank you thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tiffany admitted in final conversation with Middleton that she had slept with him while married to Bruce; so she is a big clock loving disloyal slut. She is still a money grubbing bitch. Don’t see sense in this reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Second or third time around. Not sure about love, never have been, I loved my wife of 40 years, there was no cheating or unfaithfulness, there were bumps in the road but it lasted. The first wife for 13 years? She left me to continue her cheating ways and tore my family apart. since my wife died I found the ex is still tearing what I had with her apart by poisoning the grown children against me for 40 years. There are some not very nice people in this world. Great writing, I think the gun thing is bit much though. Also receiving the phone calls while she screwing big dick would have have ended any chance for reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Far too saccharine, and another weak needy husband. You would have to be certifiable to take the vicious slut/bitch back. It doesn't matter that she claims she has changed. AND, she begs him to take her back only after he had become famous and far wealthier than she? Who'd be anything but cynical watching her little show.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hmmm, I like a happy ending if justified.

But you wrote her as to evil, to damaged.

I think the sex and phoning him would in real life be a step to far. That alone would have meant no chance for them.

Leave that out and write it as maybe he thought she cheated but then found she didnt and yes they could have a chance.

But the phone sex thing would be a relationship killer.

Oh and I would have left out the 2nd marriage.

hard to show she was pinning for him if she married someone else, yet another she had sex with over the first husband.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Still don't understand why you went to all this trouble and still put them back together again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have read both the versions many times and I want to read as THE BITCH telling her side of the story, how she started to use huge dildos and why! She is fit for a Soda can!

Just fooled a good man!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

When I first started reading stories at literotica, It was obviously for the sex stories but as time went by I've gotten stuck on stories like this one that hurt and please at the same time.

penneydog55penneydog55about 3 years ago

Heya Folks!

I may have commented before (water under a bridge)

Did they make it "you know years to come"

Also what happened to the mother in law

Did they have more kids..(Their still young enough)

All in All A Fantastic Story

5 Stars are 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🤗

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked parts of the other story and parts of this one and I liked the happy ending, but both were lacking. The only thing that made him an equal to her was that he came into money.

RePhil1958RePhil1958about 3 years ago

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why would you write a story about such a weak willed, pussy whipped male?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Uncertain if they could repair things after the sex calls to him.

I think that would have been the final nail.

But really the vacation with another guy and those photos alone would have ended things.

Its obvious she was making him a cuckold and rubbing her pending affair, in front of her children no less, in his face.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

You have succeeded wildly in the art of fine storytelling. You have also badly ruined ANON's BTB party!

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

These are the stories on Lit that I love, and you are one of the few who publish here who can pull it off.

Well done!!!!!

I loved it, 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tiffany is a horrible human being in both this version of the story and the DanielQSteele1 version. And in both versions it is simply ludicrous that Bruce would ever think about going back with her.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago

It’s always a rare treat here in our LW section to have dueling stories from two of our heavy weight writers. In talent of course not body mass. STAY SAFE EVERYONE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

4 Stars on a good Story . I agree on their being 2 heavyweight writers here on this one .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The original story was exceptional story and yet tale is a very nice take on the original.

Virgo6Virgo6about 3 years ago
Too many comments to read

But I agree with many that I did. The characters felt like DQS’s originals. That is hard to do with someone else’s characters. Impressive work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tiffany from end part would make a good wife but to be honest its too little too late. Bruce shouldve moved on, I think he wouldve been happy if he let her go and moved on when they divorced, he just never really tried as he was too hang up on his ex.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 3 years ago

Everyone telling him she loves him yet absolutely none of her actions showed even the tiniest bit of love.

They only showed contrmpt

She had zero redeeming qualities as a person yet the raac was supposed to be a good thing.

There is no was any man with even a modicum of self respect would take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So, there is another shitty RAAC story from this author.

BTW obvious reaction for the main character when he received the phone calls with his wife fucking mr. Big Cock would be to go to child protective services and demand full custody due to a bad home environment. That is of course if he truly loves his children (as the author wants us to belief). But then I guess this would have thrown a wrench in the authors brilliant reconciliation story plot...

SuletawvSuletawvabout 3 years ago

Quite a few angry commenters. It's just a story, though it seems it did serve it's purpose and touch something in you. It did in me as well. It harkened me back to memories of 'Great Expectations'. Yes Tiffany was a horrible person, but she was trained to become that by her broken Mother. I liked this version a bit more, with Bruce standing up for himself more and fighting back. I would have like to have seen the Mother-in-law taken out of the picture, and Tiffany break from her conditioning a little earlier, perhaps giving Bruce another child. A beautiful story all told, I really liked that it gave an ending, not a question mark, like Great Expectations.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
NO. MATTER HOW, WHERE OR WHEN IT BEGAN

it boiled down to a tear-jerker ending. TK U MLJ LV NV

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Prefer

Prefer the original,except for her mother getting her come uppance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

great writing and a great story.

But the damage she did, unsure if any guy could get over it.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieabout 3 years ago

Not believable. The shit she pulled would turn any man’s heart to stone. Years later and he’s still carrying a torch?! Not believable.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Read again. Don’t remember what I said before. If you had to put them back together again, I suppose this was as good as it could be done. Helluva writer you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

perfect. you're some kind of a good writer.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 3 years ago

A second read for me;

still a tearjerker...

My thanks to the author.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

eh it fell off a cliff on page 7 not going to say it was the most disgusting sex scene here but damn that was yucky. not sure how the ending is possible after those phone calls let alone that sex scene. i would say u need an editor but i dont think any of ur stories had one. still good reads i should have stopped at page 7 though

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

she is still the same person and what about the mother from hell im sure she bad mouth him to his kids. this guy is going right back to where he was

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 3 years ago

Read again... and still brilliant. Please keep on writing .

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

Couldn't stop reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is one of the best stories on this site. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just wanted to be comment #400, and say that this was masterfully written! Kudos, I enjoy the longish read every time!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this one better than the original, but there was way too much emphasis on "money" in this story.

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories