Serena's Inheritance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was still dabbling in real estate, a bit long distance now but hoped I could reestablish myself in the little town closest to the house. I enjoyed it but, if it didn't work out, I'd find something else. Perhaps a homeless shelter that needed a volunteer, or an organization that helped unwed mothers. I'm sure Auden would appreciate that. Actually, Duane was talking about buying his old home and starting a bed and breakfast. That would be challenging, but fun, and something we could do together.

Of course, Duane loved the old house too as it held many memories for him as well. We popped popcorn and watched movies on TV just as we'd done those many years ago. The musty smell that had been confined to the attic before, had made its presence known in the downstairs but we'd solve that fairly quickly. Fresh air could work miracles. The cemetery was close and we regularly put flowers on four graves, often just sitting there and remembering and other times just being quiet there together.

We could easily lament the lost time, all those years. But that would be useless and just a waste of precious time. Being in love was so different and Maddie would often just look at me and giggle since before, I could see how she and Chuck were together, but never sensed nor understood what it really meant, how it engulfed you and transformed you. Duane was making it easy for me now, and I hoped I was for him too. Actually, I knew I was doing the same for him as those self-doubts of mine had been banished and replaced by an overwhelming peace that I cherished.

Being married of course brought the love making. We had missed that for 12 years but weren't about to miss it again. It was wonderful, in so, so many ways. Ways I hadn't imagined, couldn't imagine as there had been no base for that imagining to rest on. But finally, there was something I guess I had never thought about or even considered, but it became more precious to me than nearly anything. It was the very simple act of, once darkness had fallen and the day had ended, simply slipping into bed beside Duane and having him there with me. Sometimes our arms were around each other, sometimes we were barely touching. But we were there, together and the sense of fulfillment and security it engendered was far more precious than anything I had ever experienced.

And now we were anxious to start on the next phase, the bed and breakfast . . . together.