All Comments on 'Settlement'

by ThomasKay

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
WalterWoodyWalterWoodyalmost 2 years ago

Just some constructive criticism sir. In my writing, I will often have an issue using too many commas and having run-on sentences and I see that you are doing the same. It makes it tougher to read, and I can notice it more when its someone else's story vs. mine. You have 3 decent sized paragraphs to start your story but in those 3 there are only 4 sentences.

I honestly am just trying to help, I have gotten some good pointers from others and I hope you take it and allow yourself to get better. And I am no expert.

OralinatorOralinatoralmost 2 years ago

The run on sentence structure makes fora an exhausting read.

chytownchytownalmost 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 2 years ago

I'm not sure what this is doing in a site for erotic literature. I didn't see anything really erotic. I was also puzzled by the inclusion of the young girl (Eleanor's daughter) since she had nothing to do with the truly "horrendous" crime of a quarter century earlier. All very confusing. I also wonder if the author misused the word penultimate (twice) or if I misunderstood what he was trying to say. This rarely used word means "next to last" not the last, for which the word ultimate is used. This tale makes a rare and somewhat refreshing use of the English language and I was torn between 4* and 1*. I decided on the penultimate rating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThomasKay@ThomasKay
It is strange how we never stop learning new things about ourselves, in all areas of life. In terms of sexuality and erotica, I have found my thoughts and interests drifting away from the more rigid definitions that applied during younger days. I am over 60 now, but find mysel...