Sex Sells and Raises Funds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Bill, I want you to book the Starlight Ballroom; it is big enough to hold about 400 people. Complete any negotiations necessary and come back with a date. It must be a Saturday and about four to six weeks from now. Do it ASAP so we can dovetail the rest of our program together."

"Jim, would you please organise the catering and security."

"Charley, could you find a dance orchestra for us."

"Jack, you know your way around. We need a good bright MC, wait staff, and sound system."

"Charlie and Geoff, would you two be our Gofers."

"Dame Judy and I will print the invitations, arrange to sell the tickets, and do the advertising. We will also contact the VIPs."

Geoff spoke up, "Aren't you being a bit optimistic about selling 400 tickets. It's a rather big ask in this town?"

Jamie smiled, "So was raising $2m dollars."

Jamie said, "Let's move on now. I propose that Dame Judy be inducted as the first lady member of our club, at the ball, as she has done so much for this project and all the other 21 men and 38 women who have helped so much to be accepted as members at the same time. Bringing our membership up from 18 to 77 people. Showing that sex sells and everyone benefits."

Dame Judy thanked the meeting for making her a member saying that she would do her best for the club.

"That's enough for tonight folk. We will close this meeting now and get on with the project," said Jamie.

The next day Jamie went round to Dame Judy's apartment to get started on the invitation list and the tickets. They started plotting the wording for the invitations. Judy declared that still being in fundraising mode, the ticket price should be $200.00 per couple, with tickets only being double or for three persons. Jamie asked, "Why three persons?"

Judy smiled, "Remember, quite a number of our people who have filled their bucket lists were single or may not have partners. We need to have them come to the ball. They may not want to go if they do not have a partner, and we want as many as possible to attend. They will, of course, come with friends, won't they? Also, we should give a discount for the third person of say $20.00, so on a triple ticket would be $280.00 as a further incentive."

"We should have a dress code of 'Ladies dress to be Enticing and Men's Dress Casual Elegant," said Jamie. "We want it to be different." Judy agreed.

Judy took over the advertising, with Jamie organising the printing and ticket outlets. He also organised invitations to the dignitaries.

Five weeks later, the 'Project Ball' was on with all the tickets sold. Jamie and all the helpers were at the Starlight Ballroom setting up, decorating, the sound system installed, stage set for the orchestra, catering in the break room, with the Gofers finishing all the odds and sods that often get missed out.

The night's event was the biggest 'Do' in Townsville's in memory. It was all on. People flocked in as soon as the doors opened, finding their tables set up and waiting, with their name cards over each place, the bar serving a variety of wines from local vintners including 'Vignoble sous la Lune Recours' and soft drinks for those who preferred them. The lighting became subdued as the orchestra started their performance, with the big mirror ball flashing its lights. Altogether a magical night was ahead.

The ladies did indeed dress intriguingly, showing lots of flesh, more than enough to make one wonder just what the rest of their beautiful bodies looked like, and the men were dressed very interestingly.

The MC started the dancing off by asking Jamie and Judy to dance the first dance, to the song 'Magic in the Moonlight' to which there was much applause as they danced around the floor. Then almost everyone joined the set. After the second bracket of tunes, the MC asked every man in the ballroom to move around their table one place to the right, and this would happen after every second bracket of songs to ensure that everyone gets some dancing, convivial conversation and maybe a new friend.

At 10 o'clock, the Master of Ceremonies announced that now was the time for the formal part of the evening, calling Jamie as President of the Townsville Service Club to speak. Dame Judy was also called to the stage, with the MC stating, that these two were the prime movers in the 'Project to raise funds for the Oncology Immunotherapy Clinic.'

Jamie welcomed everyone to the function. He presented Dame Judy as his co-conspirator then went on to say that he also had a lot of help from members and friends. He also thanked all the womenfolk who had helped as escorts as well as members of the Golf Club, providing the clients. In spite of some naysayers, the project was a resounding success, as all can see. He also talked on about the comradeship and enjoyment had by all working on this 'Project' and that although a lot of people at the beginning of the exercise had no experience, they were now very accomplished partners and escorts.

"Thank you all very much for your help."

Jamie then stated, "My first duty tonight is to officially induct Dame Judy, as the first lady member into the Townsville Service Club. All others will follow later. As you know, up to now, this club has been for males only. However, Judy has done such a tremendous share of this work in raising these funds, and now we give our thanks and a membership to this wonderful lady. Glad to have you aboard Judy."

Dame Judy, in reply, gave thanks for her introduction to the service club stating that she always wanted to be where she could help, and this club was a perfect place to do that.

Jamie then went on to introduce the C E O of the Hospital Board, Charles Jones, together with his wife Mary, who also looked very enticing.

Jamie gave a brief outline of the Project, then said, "I have great pleasure in presenting this cheque for, in round figures, 2.3 Million Dollars to you, Charles, towards the Oncology Unit, and express a wish that the clinic be up and running ASAP. We do not want to lose any more members to the dreaded lurgy."

Charles shook hands with Jamie and Judy. Mary kissed both Jamie and Judy on both cheeks. Charles thanked the Service Club for its efforts and expressed amazement at the amount raised.

Judy spoke up, "Didn't you know that sex sells?"

Jamie pressed on, saying, "We have not only raised all this money but also have brought many people together and engendered a sense of goodwill in this community. Most people now speak to each other as well as visit. This would not have happened without the 'Project.' I hope all this continues in our community for the foreseeable future. I notice that everyone is still enjoying themselves, and I am sure that the wine being served is helping to loosen everyone up."

This being the end of the formalities, Jamie invited everyone to partake of the supper in the breakout room.

After supper, when everyone had returned to the main hall, the MC called for quiet; maybe the alcohol had something to do with the noise.

Speaking out, he said, "I notice that on the dance floor many of these enticing ladies are getting very friendly with their partners and others so to facilitate that further, all dances are now optional and many will be slow. No more formal dancing. As I will not be speaking again tonight, I wish that you 'Go forth not to multiply but to enjoy."

As the MC was walking off the stage, one of the service club members rushed up on the stage, grabbed the microphone and shouted "Hey! Jamie, when is the next Project?"

Finish.

**********