She Brings The Rain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Cookie cutter if I'm honest. I talk to my parents almost every day. I visit them every other Saturday and have diner on the occasional Sunday. My brothers rarely talk to me unless it's an impossible math problem. My first brother and I like to talk about records or antique stuff. My other brother likes to call and talk about himself. I love them both. My father is my best friend, proud of me for being a smart kid. And thankful I can help with yearly taxes."

"What about your mother?"

Puckering my lips a bit, I sifted through my brain about things to say about my mom. Making sure to take sips in between. "It's a love hate relationship. Sometimes we agree, other times we butt heads. I find that to be normal. Then I hear stories about some of my friends are close to their moms. Makes me feel like something's up with how I was raised. Or the hold my mom has over my family as a whole. She's not big into me being bisexual, more so lesbian."

"But she's okay with being a grandma with both your brothers?"

Shrugging, I took a bite of dumpling. Heavenly... but still didn't distract from my mom. "I was lost on that one too. If I had gotten pregnant at 19 or 20, I might not be a data collector. Maybe a math teacher."

"I think you'd be a great mom..."

My wine glass almost slipped from my hand, blushing red at how... endearing Lena sounded. I could barely keep myself in check with all the numbers I had in my head. Yet... she thought I would be able to care for another person, a small tiny person. Getting a grip on my glass, I lifted my fork, which still had dumpling, and fed Lena a bite before asking a question.

"Do you want kids?"

Cleaning off her lip, her eyes warmed, her freckles showing from her blushed face. ...still so goddamn cute... "I do. Just haven't found the right person to settle down with..."

We laughed, a weird feeling coming over us. It wasn't a bad feeling so much as something we wanted but didn't talk about. I was on the fence about kids. But maybe Lena was right. Settling down with the right person would make it easier. If time lets me pull through the dating phase... I could have my own adopted family... Possibly my own baby... with Lena as the other parent.

Shaking my head, I was caught in somewhere across the universe about the future of Lena and I's plans. Should likely get through this date first before I go on about nonsense like this. Breaking the silence, she asked another question.

"Want the next date to be at my place? It would make things fair since I suspended the date here." She suggested.

"If you can have me." I quipped back, an eager grin across my face.

"I have some cleaning ahead of me then." She said with a laugh.

"If you clean as you go like you did while cooking, I'm not worried."

Clinking our glasses we asked whatever was on our minds.

Unlike me, Lena was an only child. Not that it mattered, no one could impress me like she did.

She liked sports and not just dancing. Enjoying tennis and weightlifting as an outside form of exercise.

She found out I was a wino, go figure. It happens when you grind numbers.

I also told her that I posed for a nude magazine as a dare Junior Semester of University.

She did something similar, playing a warm up game of tennis in a sheer sports bra.

Her middle name was Esten... Something that fit her.

I also asked her how she had her chest so toned. Getting my cup size down would be a blessing. Carrying 44CC hurt my short body. Curvy or not, 5'6" is not enough to support it.

----

We condensed about four dates into one night, going through white wine and a red, dancing, cleaning up dishes, and watching a few bad movies. Laying out on the couch, I was dozing off to Sailor Moon. Watching all the Sailor Soldiers assemble, I giggled as Sailor Jupiter appeared onscreen.

"You know, if we dyed your hair brown, you could be Sailor Jupiter." I joked.

Looking down at my sleep eyes, she kissed over them and whispered sweetly. "Only if you're Sailor Mercury..."

I groaned when she said that, my body feeling warm. Feeling my hand touch her skin, it was soft behind the shirt that hid the rest. My fingers glided across, as if I tried to find a mark on the patch of skin. Taking my hand, she kissed each finger, murmuring I should get to sleep. Grabbing at her shirt, I protested.

"Not without you..."

Shifting me in her arms, she nuzzled my cheek and near my ear. "No fighting. You need to rest and I should go."

Tugging at her shirt, I kissed her. Those lips... God, I was after them right now. "Don't go this time Lena..."

From my dazed line of sight, she was red and not pink. Also not stopping at her cheeks. "Davina... you should-"

Putting a finger over her lips, I shook my head. Moving close again, I pecked her lips again, then rested my head under her chin. "Please. No time is long enough... And I won't snore. I swear."

I felt her chest heave for a sigh as I was held close, the TV shutting off as she walked in the direction of my room. Lena swayed with me in her arms; so naturally that it felt like I was floating. Laying me down, she pat my head and said she'd be back. Gripping her hand, I felt... almost weepy. Something inside say she's gonna leave. Reading me, she knelt beside me, holding my hand in hers. Only in my dreamy state did I feel their firm gentleness, skin rough but caring.

"Don't be scared. I will be back." She assured me. "No tears from my sweet."

Giving a nod, my hand let go and she went quickly to shut the rest of the lights off. Getting comfortable, I stripped, leaving my undies and a spare nightshirt I leave in my pillow. Fixing my shirt, I saw Lena walk in, staring like I did at her. It snuck into my head... This was the first person to see me in bed clothes... and I invited her. Getting comfortable, she had sports bra and shorts under her jeans. Laying side by side, she didn't ask me yet knew what I wanted.

Against her chest, listening to her breathe, hands at my lower back... She stole touches of my ass. I had no objections other than wishing I was more awake to enjoy it. Lena's heart was racing... as was mine. Laying my hand over the throb, I could have held it with how hard it thumped. Like her heart, other parts of me warmed and throbbed, but the veil of sleep toned them down.

Gently patting my head, she whispered nice things, and I drifted away to her words.

So she is kind

sickly sweet

Divinely sure

She stays with me

----

That Morning, 6:20 am

My first instinct when waking up was to nuzzle and pull the sheets closer. It wasn't after some snuggling in that I remembered Lena was holding me. Taking in the sight of her as she slept... felt like I was still dreaming. She didn't groan but kind of hummed as she slept and twitched slightly. When I tried wiggling away, she got me closer, almost protectively. Like someone was trying to take me. I had to wake her... and found it hard to.

She looked peaceful. When you're still in your sleep, it looks like you get the most rest. But I had to pee... which meant waking her up to not squeeze me again. Wiggling up to her face, I softly pressed my lips to hers, then around her face. With a sleepy moan, Lena's eyes opened, taking me in as the first thing that day.

"Hey sleepyhead." I said airily, so much that I barely heard me.

"Good morning sunshine." She spoke in a raspy whisper.

"Didn't want to wake you... But I have to pee. You keep squeezing me."

With a half nod, she pulled her arms away. "Sorry. Force of habit. I like knowing someone's there for real."

Standing up, I walked around to her, kissing her softly before saying, "I don't blame you."

Finally taking my morning pee, I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair while I heard rustling in the other room. Opening the door, Lena was checking her morning messages, looking at me and smiling as I still brushed my teeth. Closing the door part way, I put on a robe as always, and walked out to the closet. Lena had put her jeans back on, standing behind me as she stared in my closet.

"How do you get things on the high shelf?"

"Depends. Getting them up, I hop and push. Getting them down, I need to get a chair."

"Need anything now?"

"That blue box please."

Grabbing it with ease, she handed it over, sure to lean close and peck my cheek. Touching her face, I asked if she could get some coffee going for us. Nodding, Lena picked up her shirt and winked as she left me to get dressed. This all felt... normal. As if she'd been here before, I'd been here before. Like we were together for years and not a couple of weeks. It was a little spooky and all the sweeter. Love is a weird thing... At least I think so.

Tossing on some sneakers, I was suited for average fall weather. Going to meet Lena in the kitchen, she was peeking in a cupboard to find mugs. I don't own more than one... and I kept it nowhere near she was looking. Helping her out, I waved her to where I had my mug, showing it with a smile. It was the first one I bought when I started interning in Engineering offices. It was textured like an old control panel, with diagrams drawn on it.

It had a line on it saying "Fuel Of Machines".

Taking the mug, Lena's lip curled to hide a laugh, and poured me a cup of coffee. Adding chocolate powder and a little chocolate syrup, she topped it with a small dollop of whipped cream... I'm surprised she remembered my coffee order from that day. Putting it on the counter near me, she stood there with an anxious grin.

"Did I make it right?" She wondered.

Taking a slight sip, I sighed. Sweet and strong. "Yes you did. Almost spot on."

Saying yes to herself, she poured some coffee in a glass to drink, clinking it with my mug. What a weird talent to not drop a glass of hot coffee without a handle.

"Doesn't that hurt?" I questioned.

"No." Lena answered, shaking her head. "My hands are so callused that heat isn't a big deal."

"The circus is the best place for you." I joked then sipped.

Moving close, she kissed my forehead, waving the glass of coffee out of view. "Welcome to Cirque de Freak."

Shaking my head, we finished up the bean juice and started to get going. Once we were on the street, Lena's focus was all round, having me close to her in case of anything. Going down the subway steps, I got a lot of looks, not that it was out of the ordinary. Being a short, pretty person, people always look to score on you. Something to do with my life matters... Of course it matters, no need to start a riot or try and make yourself feel better.

After getting our tickets, we boarded the rail and waited. Taking the subway always made me sleepy, supported by that fact is me resting on Lena's shoulder, dozing off and holding her hand. I wasn't hungover or anything, just really comfy with her. As we reached her stop, she carefully woke me up, and we walked off to the exit. Up top, this was an area of the city I hadn't been in since high school. Nice houses but questionable people.

I saw Lena looking at me, a nervous look on her face.

"You sure you want to keep going?" She asked.

"I'll have come here at some point." I shrugged. "Pretty sure it's not as bad as you think."

Nodding, she squeezed my hand. "Just stay close. It's weird as hell in the first few blocks of the subway."

With that thought, I walked and minded my surroundings. There were a lot of stoplights, few crosswalks, and too many people who were trying to sell or take something from you. When Lena glared at them though, they were quick to run away or murmured in another language. After a bit of walking, the crowd thinned out and things calmed down. So much so that even the cars driving by were quiet. The houses got prettier and more decorative.

Eventually, Lena stopped in front of a dark brown, almost black house, gold carvings and white trim. Oh yeah, this was definitely a house a demonologist would live in.

"Whoa... Nice house." I said while staring at more carvings.

"Thank you." Lena chuckled. "Took forever to have my father agree to a style. And have enough room for his work."

I clenched my hand, feeling awkward. "Could I get a tour?"

She glanced over, flashing her teeth in a funny way. "Just don't touch anything..."

"Well..."

"It'll curse you for all eternity."

That made me burst out laughing, letting go of her hand as I did so. She was went from showing her teeth to shaking her head and not laugh with me. Putting her hand on my back, she gently guided me up to the front door, then she knocked. The mail slot opened, a male voice speaking in another language. Lena responded to him, bumping the door with her foot. The slot closed and the door opened, a tall man with with a light brown beard and hair, mixing with grays.

Staring us down, he then smiled a big smile and grabbed Lena in a hug. It was aggressive, but Lena hugged back, and laughed while doing so. Separating, she held her happy face and pointed her open hand at him.

"Davina, this is my father Artur."

"Charmed." He said in a gruff, pirate sounding voice.

"Great to meet you." I said with a smile, offering my hand.

He took my hand, kissing it and holding carefully, unsure I was real. Looking over at Lena, then me again, he kept a slight smile under his beard.

"This is a good one Esten. I have a good feeling."

Rolling her eyes, Lena slipped his hand from mine. "Papa, you said the same about Axim. Be sure to not curse my luck."

Those words made his brow furrow in aggravation, but he grunted. "That was a mistake on everyone's part darahaja... But I suppose that's a past that wanders as a phantasm."

Nodding in response, Artur walked inside as Lena led me inside. I was taken back by how small I felt inside this place. The ceilings were three Lenas tall... And I thought that was high. Considering if she jumps in my apartment, she can probably touch my ceiling. There was old hardwood floor, a gaudy mustard yellow paint on the walls, and paintings that were beautiful but unnatural against the wall color. From room to room, the paint was different, but thankfully no more mustard...

From the outside, you'd think this house was average but it was enormous. Asking Lena, her father heard and answered my curious question.

"This building used to be three different ones. The former owner tore the walls to join them together, renting them as recreation rooms or other. The first floor was an intake, second floor a soup kitchen, the third, temporary shelter. Upkeep became too much and he started to rent the levels.

We eventually bought it, meaning my darling girl and myself. I live in the basement, perfect for my work. Lena on the second floor and my mother and father on the third floor. The awful yellow in the front room was their doing... It reminded them of their old home in Belarus. So we placed the elevator there."

"This place has an elevator?" I asked with a stunned tone.

"There already was one. Just in disrepair." Lena said. "Took forever to fix it... even with doing some work myself before calling experts."

"Still pretty cool." I said while shaking my head.

Though I had to meet my parents later that afternoon, I couldn't pull myself away from exploring the house. While eerie in some spots, there was beauty in others, including when I toured Lena's floor. It was an apartment spread over a floor, which had five rooms. One was a bedroom, the other a bathroom, a kitchen, a work room and dance space, and a common area. Could you imagine having something like this not with your family in the house? An apartment suite like this would run millions...

Curious about how much this all costed, I dared to ask Lena.

"Even with your dad and grandparents living here, this all sounds like a ton of money. How much is it really?"

Thinking a bit, Lena took out her date book and scribbled. "From the top of my head, maybe 3k. But I could be remembering that wrong. Some bills are higher in the winter and work is harder when circuses are out of season."

Watching her scribble and think about numbers was... interesting. I was good at math but I cheated and used a calculator. When she finished counting, she circled the number she added. $3,214 for winter and $2,890 for other parts of the year. Jeezus... about the same I pay for living alone.

"Are you ever late?"

Shaking her head, Lena chuckled. "No way. My roof is my family's roof. Paying things on time is a big deal."

"Have I told you how awesome I think you are?" I asked.

"No... Why?"

"Because you're better at a lot of things that people older than both of us suck at... My parents can't even balance their checkbook, neither can my brothers. My boss can't either. A CEO can't do math? What the fuck kind of thing is that?"

"The way life is." She shrugged. "People lack and think others will pick up. It's not always that simple. Getting them to understand is hard in itself. No one wants to take direction but love to give them."

"Maybe you should have been a philosophy teacher."

"Nah. Too much school to be one."

We both smiled, chit chatting about other things. So much that I was late to meet my parents. Only when they called to complain did I see what time it was. Cursing myself, I had to cut hanging out with Lena short. But she understood, offering to drive me and save the money from an Uber or cab. Going out to her car, I saw it was a Honda CRX... Older if not as old as her. I was loving it more than my car, but that's the appeal of 90s cars. They just looked cool.

Opening the door for me, I settled in and took in the musky smell. I've gotten in a car like this before and always felt a cozy vibe. Hopping in the driver's seat, Lena turned the car over and had me talk her through where to go. Showing up at a casual lunch restaurant, I saw my mom with her arms crossed, glancing down at her watch every 30 seconds. She was already in a mood. How lovely. Turning to say goodbye to Lena, she held my hand in hers.

"Thank you." She said shakily.

"For what?" I asked in confusion.

"Last night and today. You have no reason to see me all the way home or stay in the apartment with out a fuss. It means a lot. And the subway when you're more vulnerable than me? I admire that a lot."

"Being short and brown skinned doesn't change things. If I want to go do it, I will go to it. I care about you and wanted to be sure you were okay. So don't act as if I don't want to be around you. Two weeks or not, they felt like months. Let me protect you in some way."

Kissing my hand, she muttered softly. "You hold my heart like Calypso held Davy Jones's..."

"Oooh... A sea goddess am I? I'll take it." I said with a blush and a smile.

----

Saying goodbye, we said we'd set up another date soon and I got out the car to deal with whatever mood my mom was in. No sooner than I walked up did she lay into me.

"Where have you been young lady? We've waited an hour for you." Mom said.

"I lost track of time hanging out with someone." I said simply. "I wasn't trying to be late."

Looking over, she huffed and looked more cross. "That someone the same person who dropped you off? Interesting you'd pick spending time with them over family."

Forever the cynic...

"Mom, I have a life. No need to make a scene. I'm never late."

Her face shifted again, looking amused but I knew she was overreacting and mad... Normal Mom on a bad day. "Make a scene? Do you remember who I am?"

"Melanie Victoria Akari." I started. "You graduated top class at Yale, a respectable figure on the local union board and Yale Alumni Faculty. Married for 30 years to the same man you met at Yale. Proud mother of 3 that dotes on them, especially the Master's degree daughter."

Her face curved, smiling that I fed her ego. "And don't forget it."