She Brings The Rain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had to clench my dress while Mom spit out more and more human diarrhea. Lena put her hand over mine, a smile flashing my way. As she kissed my forehead and said 'It'll be fine', my brother spoke up.

"Ma... Davina's happy for the first time since graduating top of the Master's program. Anyone she's liked got swept around because they didn't meet your requirements. Meaning, the two girls weren't men. And the men you did like were total assholes."

"Never take that tone with me Theodore Mavers." Mom said harshly. "I make the best choices for this family. Whether you see it or don't, each of you WILL listen. I'm your MOTHER."

"So you're saying no one in the family deserves to be happy unless you say they can?" Father asked, a raised eyebrow to Mother.

"God Terrell. You know what I mean. I'm trying to protect our children from the obvious mistakes they're making. And I try to make you see the light of how things could turn badly if you don't listen to me."

The look on his face... I couldn't tell if it was sad, defeated, or furious... Even so, everyone placed an order and we had tense small chat about how work was going. Mother and youngest brother steered clear of talking to Lena, while Father tried to include her in every conversation. Through everything, I could feel she was uneasy, but looked at me with a soft smile and a kiss to my hand.

When it came time for dessert, Mother rushed to the bathroom, youngest brother got up to call someone, and Lena took time to chat with everyone while I sat to take a breath. Seeing her interact with everyone made me smile and not clench my jaw. I'm glad that some of my family, the ones willing to see happiness and not tradition, liked her as much as I did. My niece certainly liked her, wanting to play peekaboo and Lena slowly lifting her for 'Rocket Ship'.

The hug after was a nice touch, until my brother had to barge over, almost knocking Lena down, to take my niece away from her.

"The Hell's your problem?" He yelled, looking at his girlfriend. "You're gonna let the faggot play with our daughter?"

"Don't yell." Lena said sternly. "You're scaring her and your daughter."

He set my niece down hastily, like he was dropping her. "Who are you to tell me how to parent? Huh? Dyke gonna teach me, a real man, to be a father? I don't fucking think so."

"I am a parent." She pressed back. "And I'd never teach my son this. Never to be someone who is cruel to who they love."

My brother laughed, crossing his arms. "Then you're teaching him to be a punk. Because men fight for what they believe. And I don't believe in fags that think they can play with a kid. I also don't believe in fags trying to seduce my sister when they're no good."

Lena shook her head, seeing a necklace my brother was wearing. "You're wearing a spiral around your neck... Meaning the path of ignorance leading to enlightenment. But from what I see, you haven't started yet."

----

His face went from smug to irritated, his girlfriend trying to hold in a laugh. The waiter was coming over and she took it as a cue to sit beside me, both of us grinning at each other. It took my brother a moment to take in what happened, grunt, then sit down in a pissy mood. When the waiter placed my dessert in front of me, I froze... Cherry ice cream....... and a surprise. Picking up the cherry on top, it was a box...

Glancing over at Lena, she just smiled, saying nothing at all. Opening it, I couldn't hide the tears as I covered my eyes and mouth. A ring, stones arranged like a cherry, with a tiny message. 'Will You Marry Me?'

Nodding, Lena put her arm around me, hugging me to her as I put the ring on. Who else can say they got a cherry engagement ring?! Not a soul. But as Mom stared, she grabbed at my hand, the band of the ring cutting me. Fed up, I shoved her hand away but felt a bit of warmth go down my hand. Lena wrapped my hand, asking if I was fine. Nodding, I turned to Mom again.

"Why did you do that?" I asked while trying not to punch her.

"Because I forbid it." She answered angrily. "You're not marrying this failure. I raised you to be smart and marry well. My only daughter isn't going to ruin her life if I can help it."

"Where can I fit in happy if I'm busy trying to do everything you tell me?" I asked.

"You don't. Because this Leslie won't make you happy. You only think you're happy because she's been taking advantage of how young you are."

"Enough!" Father said while slamming the table. "Victoria, I've been a patient man in our 32 years together. But in those years, I've grown tired of your need to control our daughter and let our youngest son run wild. You undermine the choices that would have made him a man, because he's your baby and needs protecting.

All while Davina's done more than enough to make you proud. Now that she's happy with the choices she's made and not ones you picked out, you find that it's time to coax her out of what you call a mistake. If you don't fix yourself and not think it's our children that need fixing, I won't stay to see how miserable you make them."

Everyone turned white as a sheet while Father talked... I never heard him go off like that, even if he was fuming mad at someone. My mother looked shocked, then she took a look around the table. The napkin was visibly red from how she cut me, my youngest brother was stills scowling, his girlfriend looked uncomfortable again, her oldest son was disappointed... But one look at Lena, and she remembered why she was mad in the first place.

"If she hadn't come, this mess could have been avoided..." She grumbled.

"If I hadn't come, Davina wouldn't have been hurt by you." Lena said. "Say all the nasty things you like about me Mrs. Akari. But I love your daughter. Nothing will change that."

Feeling her squeeze my hand, I sniffled, angry that it took me getting hurt for her to see clearly for a moment. Only for her to fall back to where she was before. Turning to her, I unwrapped the napkin from my hand, tossing it into her melted ice cream to show the blood.

"I hope what you and Gerald believe was worth it. Because I'm leaving. Since it matters so much that no lesbians or gay people stay in the Akari family, I'll save the grief and go. While you smile and stay proud of how great you are, I'll be happy as I am, with someone who actually cares that I'm happy."

"Davina please..." Father started.

"No." I said while grabbing my purse. "I'm over this bullshit of traditional family values. Call me if you decide I'm important enough again."

Walking away, Lena was beside me, her coat over my shoulders as we stood outside waiting for the car. I was glad that it was quick as I sat inside and Lena went around to drive. Mom rushed out, trying to force my door open while screaming about how I ruined tonight and how I'd never be part of a family without a husband. I didn't look at her the whole time, only straight ahead as tears burned down my cheeks, and Lena was able to drive off.

----

Though there was an emergency clinic not far from Glass Forest, she drove to one far from my apartment. Helping me up, she hugged me tight, her coat still around my shoulders. Knowing I was safe for the moment, I let the tears fall... I felt equal parts shitty, equal parts relieved. I stood up to my mom for the first time in my life... But hated that losing her was the only way to do that. Sobbing harder, Lena made me comfortable, rubbing my back and petting my head.

You'd think my finger hurt more than leaving my mom behind.

Finally feeling I got my cries out, I looked up at Lena, who looked somber as she leaned down to whisper.

"You're safe now sweetie..." She murmured.

"Was... I wrong? For saying those things?" I asked.

"Speaking your mind as it tells a truth isn't wrong. But not everyone will agree and it's up to them to choose what happens. If anyone, including family, doesn't accept your happiness after knowing it for so long, they might need time. How long, we don't know for sure."

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I love you. Do you still love me too?"

"Yes..." I sniffled.

"Now, let's check your finger okay?"

Giving a nod, we walked into the clinic and checked in. After a couple of hours in the waiting room, a doctor took a look at the gash. For such a small cut, he was surprised it bled so much. He was also nice enough to put the ring in peroxide to clean it off. Four stitches and a weird bandage later, I could put my engagement ring back on.

Coming out to let Lena back inside, he shook her hand, saying congratulations on the engagement. At discharge, I slipped the ring off to look it over again and noticed writing on the inside.

My Parisian Cherry.

Puckering my lips, I blushed the whole way to the car and to my apartment. Sitting on the couch, we sighed and channel surfed until we found something. Watching her... knowing what we've been through the last year and a half... I couldn't be happier... Falling asleep and waking up together, seeing a cherry ring, and remembering our first kiss. Every thought soothing in the morning rain.