All Comments on 'She Can't Break'

by PhoenixOfLove

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthorover 1 year ago

I'm not gonna lie, the preface left me super confused.

.

"Riley killed his brother, or so it's claimed. But Justice knows the truth, that she's an undercover cop in a women's rehabilitation facility, and that his brother is very much alive."

I thought Riley was a guy. I know men named Riley, so I thought Riley killed his (own) brother.

Justice is an unusual name (in my experience) for either a girl or a guy, so I figured Justice must be the girl. So I thought Justice knows the truth that she (herself) is an undercover cop.

I eventually figured it out, and I liked the overall premise, but that opening threw me for an absolute loop.

.

I know as an author, it's super annoying to post a new story and have readers immediately jump on all your small spelling or grammar mistakes (I once had a reader say he'd never read my stories, because I mistook "shutter" for "shudder). But I was seriously lost.

Either way, if you continue this story, I'd like to read it. (Now that I know who's who, lol)

PhoenixOfLovePhoenixOfLoveover 1 year agoAuthor

Very valid points, MediocreAuthor! Thank you! I didn't consider how Riley could be a confusing name. Years ago, I read a book where Justice was the main character and fell in love with the name. I'll keep your comments in mind when I write future stories. Much appreciated. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPhoenixOfLove@PhoenixOfLove
If you like my writing style and are interested in reading a non-erotic fiction novel that I've written, please click here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RGN5YFN/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1609292086&sr=8-1#reader_B08RDQLQXP Thank you for all of your comments and ...