Silver Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will do whatever is asked of me," Theophilus replied. "Just please, Tristam, can Xavier be told? He will worry if he does not know what has happened to me if he wakes and I am gone"

Unknowingly, Tristam's mind followed the same path as Sholto's. Although the blond fully participated in all they did, he was suddenly mindful of Theophilus' actual youthfulness. He knelt before the blond, cupping the smooth cheeks and rubbed his forehead against the chilled brow.

"I will ensure he knows. Furthermore, I promise you will be proven innocent. I have no doubts you are innocent. Be brave a little longer, beautiful."

"I am so very scared," Theophilus whispered so quietly that Tristam needed to open his hearing to be certain of the words. In response, he was enveloped in a tight hug as the bigger blond fought to keep his emotion in check. Tristam knew that Theophilus needed strength and action, not tears.

"I swear you will be safe, Theophilus," he said. "He will not resist, Darius," Tristam added, standing back to let the other man affix cuffs that bound the blond's right wrist to his left. A mournful yowl from Uist accompanyed the unwanted action.

"I want him jailed," Marlok said shrilly.

"Attempt to touch him and I will kill you and any others who come near," Uist growled, drawing himself to his full height and unsheathing long, deadly claws.

"This is still an Elite investigation, although I will now defer to Darius," Tristam said. "No attempt will be made to remove Theophilus from this complex, but I will not allow him to be jailed without seeing proof of his guilt." He glared at Marlok threateningly. "And a grainy security picture of an unrecognisable figure with long hair will not constitute proof."

Whilst the tapes were secured, Tristam went to Xavier and explained to the distraught reptilian.

"He needs me," Xavier said trying ineffectually to rise from the bed.

"I cannot disagree with you," Tristam conceded. "However, you are not well enough. Uist and I will not leave him without a Protector. Darius is a good man. Trust us, my brother, we will not allow harm to befall your beloved."

Xavier clutched desperately at Tristam's hand, his eyes begging in ways he was unable to put into words.

"I understand," Tristam said, squeezing tightly to the large hand holding his. "I promise," he added, knowing exactly what was needed.

****

Returning to the room in which he had left Theophilus Tristam's heart ached each time he gazed into uncomprehending and saddened gold eyes. Uist hovered continually, his hands reaching to give physical reassurance. Tristam wondered briefly where his mate and Sholto had disappeared to and hoped they would have success if following up on a lead. Whatever it was, he could feel his lover was not in danger, however he was very agitated.

"Everything's ready," Darius said. "Let me get a good still of our man and take it from there." Darius had set up his computer system so that his findings were projected on the wall therefore everyone in the room could see. Jameson was sitting stone-faced next to Marlok and the two burly security guards were still present. One of Darius' men was there, keeping a watchful eye on Theophilus as well as Tristam and Uist. There were more than enough to protect the blond if Marlok acted foolishly. "Here we go," he said.

Everyone watched as the computer's pointing device roamed over the form. The screen then split into two and alongside the grainy still, a digital image of a body took shape. Darius looked at the measurements that appeared beneath the image. "Whoever that is it's not our boy," he crowed, "and I'll prove it," he finished, freezing Marlok's objection before it could be vocalised. "Up you get, Theophilus," he said, his tone softer. He smiled coldly at the liaison as Marlok watched him run a scanner over the slender form. "I can already tell you that the man on screen is bigger both in height and width than Theophilus," he said as the computer created a second image alongside the first. "If it's a Dregan, he's bigger and probably older than our boy. Yes!" he exclaimed as the second set of figures were lower than the first. "And if that isn't enough, let me show you what happens if I try and superimpose Theophilus' image over the one from the tape." The computer attempted to complete its instruction, but in big red capital letters, the screen flashed 'NO MATCH'.

"Then what does this mean?" Marlok asked. He believed the case already closed. He didn't want to have to tell the delegates that there had been a murder for which they had no suspect.

"Let me just try and do something with the other views." Darius said distractedly. He was still cuffed to the blond, focused more on proving Theophilus' innocence than releasing him. As he projected a cleaned up image on the screen, several things happened so fast they merged into one. Uist and Tristam's howls of fury coincided with a cry of denial from Theophilus. Darius knew Dregans were stronger than humans, but he was unprepared to be yanked across the room as the blond stood and backed away from the screen, staring as though he'd seen a phantom. The last event, as Darius recovered his equilibrium, was the inrushing figures of Sholto and Rayner who shouted together:

"Marcellus never left Terra II."

All eyes returned to the screen. As though well aware he was being filmed, the blond wig slightly askew displaying his silver hair, Marcellous was looking at the camera, a malicious smile on his face.

Jameson turned furiously to Marlok.

"You said he was under house arrest. You assured me he was deported. Explain this!"

"I...I cannot," Marlok wailed. "I was told the man I had was Marcellous. I'd never seen him." All of Marlok's superciliousness had evaporated. "I will have an investigation commenced..."

"*You* will do *nothing*," Jameson roared. "Put this man under arrest," he ordered the security guards. Aware that Jameson outranked Marlok, the men hastened to obey, not willing to be caught up in their supervisor's misdemeanour. "Darius, you will head up the investigation into how Marcellous failed to be removed."

Darius nodded from where he currently stood removing the cuffs from Theophilus. However, as he released the blond, Theophilus moaned piteously, hands clutching tightly to his chest.

"Xavier," he cried. Catching all by surprise he fled from the room, his family in rapid pursuit. He threw himself into the medical facility, saw the doctor trying to compress Xavier's chest in a recognised CPR manoeuvre and heard the words;

"...not responding...dead..." before crumpling slowly to the floor.

****

"Wake up, come on, come back to us," An insistent voice buzzed maddeningly and a slender hand came to up try and flail ineffectually to rid the unwilling listener of the unwanted noise. "Come on, all the way back. That's it,"

A concerned face surrounded by dark and lighter blond hair came into shaky view. A reassuring smile changed the countenance.

"That's better,"

With wakefulness came awareness and a heartbreaking moan of loss spilled from pale lips.

Uist gasped as the slim armful burrowed into his chest.

"He is dead. What will I do without him?"

"Shh, shh, little one," Uist said affectionately. "You're forgetting a very vital component of reptilian physiology. Xavier's body was already highly sensitised being in healing mode. When it detected the toxin, he immediately went into hibernation. The medical staff here mistook it for some kind of seizure and because they couldn't immediately get respiration or heartbeat, they thought he was dead. The activity dislodged the saline drip which housed the poison. Xavier is fine, beautiful. Tristam is overseeing what he will permit the medics here to do. Xavier's going to be a little weak when he wakes next, but he is fine."

"Truly?" Theophilus asked, his eyes wide and shining with hope.

"Truly," Uist smiled. The big man didn't release his hold on the blond as Jameson came to sit next to them. Both men knew this was likely to be the lull before the storm of emotion.

It took a second or two before all of what he'd been told was fully processed by Theophilus.

"Toxin?" he asked suddenly. "But who would...." Theophilus' voice trailed off. He shook his head as realisation crashed around him. Tears fell unchecked.

His father.

Marcellus.

It could not be another. He gripped tightly to Uist as Jameson wrapped his arms around them both. Each man tried to offer comfort as best they could, glad that the blond sought succour from them.

Once Theophilus felt sufficiently recovered, he carefully pulled back from the two men to stand and look sadly at them and the rest of his family who had remained standing a discreet distance from the three males.

"I offer you my resignation from the team, Commander," he said formally, looking at Tristam. "I would not have you debar my husband from continuing with you if he desires. I will be content to remain wherever can be considered home. I will understand if Earth, Phixia or PrideHome do not wish to have me there." His head dropped and Theophilus waited for a reply.

Tristam and Jameson were stunned by the words. It fell to Sholto, as the young man drew on his vast store of cultural information, to understand and be able to reply on everyone's behalf.

"Theophilus," he said, coming to stand by his blond brother and taking a firm grip of one of the slender arms. "You are not Marcellus."

"But I am his son..." the other male began.

"As is the father so are the sons," Sholto intoned flatly. "Whatever crime Marcellus is deemed guilty of is considered to apply equally to his male offspring." Sholto turned to the rest of the group as he explained. "Theophilus believes that since we are certain Marcellus is a murderer and has attempted to murder Xavier, we will regard him in the same way."

Tristam moved swiftly to envelop Theophilus in a tight hug.

"That is not the case," he said. He released the blond as Jameson came forward. The mature human lifted Theophilus' head to look directly into eyes that now held a small glimmer of hope.

"Remember when you first encountered Marcellus here?" he asked gently. "Remember what you told him? You considered me more of a father to you than him. You call *me* your papa and I, and your brothers and sisters, both here and the others Aurora and I have fostered, have been proud and privileged to have you in our family and to watch you mature. You are not Marcellus and never could be. You are intelligent, compassionate, and courageous and have a strong sense of justice. You could not be more my son if Aurora had given birth to you herself. You carry the same qualities I see in all my sons." Jameson held tight to the blond as Theophilus hugged him hard. He smiled encouragingly as Theophilus drew back to take a deep breath before speaking.

"Thank you, papa," Theophilus said huskily. "I love you all so much, my family," he said gazing at each man in turn. They were all so different, one from another as much as from him, yet they were *his* family. "I promise I will do nothing to purposely bring hurt or shame to you. I will not let your faith in, or love for, me be misplaced or regretted."

"Do not feel anything Marcellus may have done in the past or will do in the future reflects on you in any way. You are Theophilus. You are not and never will be Marcellus or anything like him," Uist said, coming to stand by the blond.

Theophilus gave a smile as his family gathered around him. He hugged them all in turn, letting himself be comforted by their presence and love.

"Now I think you need to resume your care of your husband," Jameson smiled.

"I will stand as sentinel," Uist growled, "until we can be certain of Marcellus' whereabouts.

****

Jameson came to sit next to Tristam. A full search had been undertaken to locate Marcellus, but a review of shuttles departing Terra II following the attack on Xavier had shown the Dregan had already left. Jameson had been in contact with Drega whilst the conference had continued, another delegate designated to replace Telleran. Jameson was not happy at the news he had to impart to his son.

"You're unhappy," Tristam said, not even needing to use his enhanced senses. Jameson's anger and distress were almost palpable.

"I have spoken to the Dregans," Jameson said. "They have said that Marcellus' name missing from the delegate listings was an oversight on their part. He was here with full government permission. We have no actual proof that Marcellus is guilty of the attack on me, the explosion or the attempted murder of Xavier. I could only say that we felt it possible he was involved, which they refuted vehemently. 'Marcellus is Patriarch of a well-respected, powerful dynasty and sire to one of your own Elite,' Jameson quoted. They have suggested someone was trying to blacken his name as a counter-theory. As far as Telleran is concerned, Marcellus visited him with their knowledge. Marcellus was trying to make him conclude the deal as he should have done. They deem Telleran murdered by person or persons unknown. They have exonerated Terra II of all responsibility for the death and will deal internally with the deceased's family. The trade deal has been concluded to mutual satisfaction and Terra II has no need to continue with any investigations. Therefore Terra sees Drega as an extremely benevolent, as well as powerful, ally. As such, Marlok has told me he wants all tapes returning to him and our investigations to cease. He wants us offworld as soon as possible."

"Do you think Marcellus is a government assassin?" Tristam asked baldly.

"Don't you?" the older human countered.

They sat silently for a few moments, as Tristam considered his options. No matter which way his mind turned, the conclusion was always the same.

"I have no choice. If Terra won't cooperate, we can't force them. At the end of the day, they are not responsible for what happened to us."

"I doubt we would find anything more than we already have. I think we were dealing with someone who has a great deal of experience and who won't have left any loose ends," Jameson said. "It's going to be hard on Theophilus, so I've contacted Xavier's family. You are all expected there to allow you, and especially Xavier and Theophilus, time to rest and recuperate. If I can, I'll try and join you. If I can't, come back to Earth for a few days."

"I'll get things moving," Tristam nodded.

****

Epilogue

Theophilus lay naked next to his husband. Xavier was stretched under the bright sun of Phixia, enjoying its heat and warmth. A large parasol kept the blond in shade. Xavier pulled the unresisting form to lie so they were on their sides facing each other. There had been no physical contact other than gentle healing touches from his mate and Xavier was becoming concerned. Consequently, Tristam and Rayner were out on the lake and Uist and Sholto were walking together, giving the reptilian an opportunity to speak privately with his mate.

"Speak to me, beloved," Xavier urged. "I have missed our intimacy, not just of the flesh but of the spirit."

"I am sorry, my husband," Theophilus said sadly. "I know my family said I was not to give consideration to Marcellus' actions on me as an individual, but I feel his taint. I have his blood in my veins; things can never be the same again."

"Things change and we change with them and move on. It is said, it is always darkest before the dawn. We have come through dark times, but we have emerged again into the light. You know of the love of your family and you will always have mine. Whatever sins may be accountable to Marcellus, none are against you. I love you. I love Theophilus, whose love and beauty shine brighter than the sun above us. Let me show you, my heart. Let us banish this shadow between us by the light of our love."

"I need you so much," Theophilus whimpered. He had been afraid to initiate intimacy, in part concerned his husband was still too weak and in part because he feared rejection. Xavier's words had his arousal building rapidly.

Xavier trilled so low as to sound as though growling at his mate.

"Kneel astride my body," Xavier husked, directing the blond so that wide-spread thighs were either side of his shoulders. He pulled apart taut, pale globes. His tongue flicked at the tiny pink portal, lubricant already beginning to drip free, testament to the level of the blond's need. Xavier slowly ran his forked tongue over furled flesh. He ran the flat of his tongue over Theophilus' entrance and along his cleft. His beloved made a sweet little noise, so Xavier did it again, and again, until the blond was wriggling and pushing back, moaning and gasping. The reptilian teased his mate, flicking the forked tip of his tongue back and forth until Theophilus begged him for more. Xavier honoured the request, pressing his tongue inside. Just the tip, then he pulled it back out licking around the entrance and the irresistible nether cheeks. The next time he pressed in with more of his tongue before withdrawing it, then even more, until he was thrusting inside as hard and as deep as he could. His mate had spread his long legs impossibly wider, as he squirmed at Xavier's ministrations. Xavier's tongue pushed deep into the velvet channel then swept back and forth over Theophilus' hidden jewel. Xavier pulled it out, pushed it back inside, out and in, finding his lover's pleasure spot over and over; working it until Theophilus was mindlessly pushing back, lost in sexual bliss. One last sweep over Theophilus' sweet spot and he felt his beloved come apart. Warm, wetness bathed his chest as Theophilus' body trembled in its release. Gently the reptilian eased his lover to lie down, stroking smooth skin until the aftershocks had ceased.

"Husband," Theophilus moaned softly. "I would have you inside me."

"It will be my pleasure," Xavier husked. The large reptilian loomed over his mate as Theophilus spread his legs wide in silent invitation. Taking hold of Theophilus' hips, Xavier pulled him up onto his strongly muscled thighs. He unsheathed a single hemipenis, pressing the glistening flesh against the dilated, irised portal. He pushed until the still tight ring was breached. Theophilus jerked in reaction and squirmed in an incredibly provocative fashion against Xavier's thighs.

The younger male groaned low in his chest as Xavier's length drove slowly but steadily into him. He was awash with powerful emotion and sensation. Vulnerable and overwhelmed he surrendered to the sought-after siege, throwing open his gates and welcoming the amorous invader. He was so transported that he scarcely felt the hard, hot length. Then his mate altered the angle of his stroke and Theophilus' back arched as though a laser blast had been detonated through his spine.

Xavier took a firm hold of Theophilus' slim hips and increased the tempo of his deep thrusts. The young man moaned helplessly as Xavier's shaft dragged insistently across his most sensitive flesh sending bolts of sheer erotic bliss scorching up his spine to explode like a supernova in his reawakening groin. Theophilus made a strangled sound, and his hips bucked against Xavier's muscular thighs engulfing more of the hard rod.

"Both, I would have both," Theophilus pleaded. "I want all of you."

"Then you shall have your desire, my beloved," Xavier rasped.

The reptilian looked down into gold eyes dewy with desire, the devastatingly beautiful face transported by bliss. Golden hair fanned out in all directions, catching the sun and shining even more brightly. He faltered in his stroke as he inserted his second organ and the blond moved restlessly, trying to capture more of the pleasure-giving flesh that filled him so agreeably.

"No," Theophilus panted. "Don't stop."

Xavier's twin penises pulsed in the tight passage. As Theophilus twisted on his thighs he gave a mindless sob of need. The tenuous control that the reptilian was holding slipped at the raw sound of pure desire. He had achieved his goal, to make his beloved mate forget everything except the love and pleasure they could share. He wrapped his tail across the wide-spread, supple thighs to curl around his mate's renewed erection, squeezing rhythmically and thrust hard to rub his lover's jewel. Incredibly powerful muscles clenched and relaxed as he lunged and withdrew. The blond gasped and cried out at each stroke, the soft, urgent noises sweet music in Xavier's aural depressions.