Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He looked over, "Knight Paladin I need you to get the others here. Here are glasses to check them over. Speak with the general out front on what to look for. Once they are here you need to find students to start rebuilding the order. I want the others to be a personal guard to the Queen for the moment. The Queen can decide which of the Grand clerics are enemies of the elven people.

At which point the gloves come off for them to extract information by whatever means necessary. Majisa before I deal with the commanders here, I would like to meet with your military commanders. Get a count for how many riders we need to pair off with your dragons. Did the human King get those two magic items, Your Majesty?"

She nodded, "He felt much better with the necklace on. He wanted to thank you for the suggestion."

He bowed to the Queen who smiled as they stepped outside.

He chuckled, "I can imagine your father's reaction to my appearance. I want him at this meeting with your officers."

She looked at Jarronus, "Not a great idea. He has been avoiding you since suggesting he be the sacrifice to make the shield permanent."

He nodded, "Then I want to see him alone first."

She sighed and nodded. She teleported them to one of the upper locations used by Dragon Riders. They went inside to a bunch of staring eyes. To a private room with an office. He looked at Jarronus from across the desk. Jarronus walked over. "I was told you were upset by my suggestion of doing something noble for your kind and making your shield permanent."

He put his sword on Lord Regal's desk, "You have seen this sword over the ages. Do you know the history of Karti'Ros? The spirit of the sword?"

He looked at Jarronus, "I know that was not its original name. I do not know what drove the change."

Jarronus nodded, "I know. A dying Silvertree member. The last of the Silvertree line. He had not married the lady carrying his two children before that battle. He made a request to the Gods to have his lady declared his last wife. In exchange, he took over being the spirit for the sword and promised his house would always serve the Gods as they saw fit.

Centuries later they saw something in Eldar. They started bringing in champions and heroes. His success also led to the house falling into corruption. Lots of money and some wanting more by any means. Jazzia worked to stem the flow by giving away half of their assets and getting the rest of the house to follow suit. Eldar's daughter who became Duchess worried about her eldest son.

Asking his twin if she would keep the family name. To make sure he stayed on the straight and narrow. He walked off the path that his daughter picked up the pieces. The duchy finally fell because the elders changed how profits were distributed and the Duke at that time felt he was not getting enough.

This came after all the elders in House Silvertree were slaughtered. A duchy you helped to create or support through Lady Silver Hair. Yes, I know about that from the journal. Then there is my father. He put all of the evidence to disown 49 members of the house in his will.

Leaving it a house of one. Me. I asked the right question to learn of the sword's history and have the ability to tell the sword how he came about being the spirit of the sword. 8,000 years to be reduced to a house of one. I made a request to the Gods.

I set the foundation to deal with financial corruption. I work to try and save our people and our allies. When I die, I take over for Karti'Ros with my memory intact. To help advise the next wielder to keep the house on the right path.

I tell you this not because I think you should die. I tell you this because it is what I would do myself. In order to save my family House. The part I rule over if you will. Remember our trading comments about being arrogant. I figured we were a lot alike in this regard. Wanting to do the right thing for our people. You heard my comment but you did not know of my own personal sacrifice that is in the works."

He looked at Jarronus, "When did you decide this?"

Jarronus smiled, "When I found out who it was in the sword. Thinking of the disappointment I would feel if it got that bad that your house was reduced to one. After the sacrifice and promises you made to the Gods and it was back to being on the brink of being lost yet again. It also explains why Silvertree has had so many champions.

Then to have a lover waiting in the afterlife for 8,000 years. With no memory of any of it. I would be furious. Correction, I am furious over the state of things. You made a call over 1,200 years ago to restart this world over. You made it for the world. It was up to those left behind to save the world from total destruction.

To fight the battles left behind and pursue our enemies. The Gods put two Silvertree champions on the field during that time. One of them even took Bahamut's enemy champion off the field. One that had been plaguing him for 5,000 years at the time. The other crafted the plan to save the world from your decisions."

Lord Regal looked at Jarronus, "You question my decisions?"

Jarronus nodded, "Your decision to keep so much of the rogue element from the allies. That led to the recreation of the Knights but you tied their hands for centuries by making them a part of the council of nine instead of working as a metallic asset. Knowing full well the path you were on was unsustainable. That led you to the decision to activate that device. You know what I told the Gods when they first told me what they wanted me to do?"

Jarronus smiled. "I questioned if our people were worth saving. If my house was worth saving. I told them our people would be better off running. They told me they had another champion on the field. That champion died in the last attack on the Capital. That leaves your champion and me for at least 20 years to hold the lines here.

To get one or two of these other catastrophes off of the field. Enough of this, I came to see your advisers. You can join us or not. You now know more on some of this than my own Queen."

He picked up his sword and sheathed it. He walked out with Majisa following. He looked at her, "Take us to where we can meet them."

They walked out and were in a room in the new Palace. She looked around, "They will be here. I sent word for them to come. Nirman will be here as well. They do not know he is of your blood or a champion."

Jarronus looked at her, "Yet."

She sighed, "He is right you are stubborn and arrogant."

He sighed, "Keeping too many secrets has never done our Alliance much good. Keeping what is already known to the elves from your own people got you into trouble in the past with the Knights. It is time they know how and why Bahamut put your people on this course. Why hide what your own God is doing?"

She sighed and nodded. They had 7 dragons fly into the outer room throwing crushed rock everywhere in their attempts to slow down. He shook his head as they changed forms. He looked at them, "Which of you is in charge of tracking our enemies?"

He saw three hands go up. Jarronus looked at them, "I need to know strengths where it looks like they will likely attack from. Which of you is assigned to the World Killer?"

They stared at each other.

One spoke up, "We are trying to locate the Draco-lich, take out chromatic holds when we find them. Those are the enemies we have."

Jarronus shook his head, "Wrong! The orc, drow, giants, humans allied with the evil dragons, The Draco-lich, the champion who opposes Bahamut who is on the field, and the World Killer. Also, any metallics that go rogue. A magma hellfire dragon the size of a mountain. Last seen at the location for the island of the Pegasus riders in the Deep Sea. Which became one large volcanic crater."

He looked at Jarronus, "We have no assets in that area. Who saw it?"

Jarronus smiled, "I did. Smashed through walls of force like they were cheap cloth. He was hovering in that area to get into a secure shelter vault like the ones above. This one had the last items of a now-dead people including a relic and the final vestiges of power of a dying god. That relic was known as Trastsar's prism. An amulet that was worn by the head of the paladin order on that island. Now worn by the Champion of Bahamut when I gave it to him."

They looked at each other. Jarronus looked around, "Time for a history lesson. You were either not here or not born when this occurred. While the Dragon Kingdom was in limbo the elven people had a Paladin order form. The second of this order was the son of the first.

She had been a paladin under Tyr and she started the new order. Her son oversaw the death of over 125,000 thousand of our enemies. Freeing of a province from slavery. Slaves being sent to feed a hybrid dragon you had imprisoned below this Palace before it left.

The greatest threat and champion this paladin encountered and killed was a 5,000year-old champion of Bahumut's enemy. It cost the Knight Paladin his life. But he killed it. This attracted the attention of Bahamut. The Champion's daughter Jazzia is the one who formulated the plan to keep the world from ending when your kingdom returned.

She was a silver draconic sorceress who took a silver half-dragon as a husband. Bahamut tried to steal her to be his champion on her wedding night. This was stopped when an agreement was reached between the Gods. She became pregnant with 12 that night and gave birth a month later. Six elven children to carry on the Silvertree line. 6 born as Dragons.

She died stopping the Draco-liches advance and that saved the dwarven people and what remained of the metallic dragons here. Let alone the damage it would have done to the elven front lines which would have been extensive from all accounts.

Those 6 are distant uncles of mine. One of them is also Bahamut's current champion. I have an amulet embedded in my chest. He now has a relic embedded into his chest. You have 2 Silvertree champions alive at the same time.

In service to our respective Gods. They are working together which is what we have to do. Those on the intelligence side need to start tracking these enemies. ALL of them. Need help?"

He stepped back and put on one of the rings to change into a Red Dragon. He took it off and set two on the table. "If it allows your assets to get closer to find out more information use them. We did it to save this kingdom's collective asses upon the return. A ring like that, which had the body of a gold dragon in it, was used to find a mage.

A mage was able to mate with Majisa as she was the only gold left behind in order to continue your species if you all died in that return. That would have happened as the land returned 10 times higher than expected. Jazzia's plan saved you from hitting as hard. The 20 feet it fell destroyed your Palace.

The 10,000 feet it would have fallen would have destroyed the world as we knew it. That is the end of the history lesson except to say that Champion is Nirman Silvertree as I know him and he is in this room. There are a few things you need to know about me. I do not suffer fools well, a family trait.

I have the ability from the Gods, to tell the truth from a lie. Do not lie to me. Never use the words 'dragon business with me.' If Majisa needs to tell me that for a cause then she can. Then she can tell me how it does not affect the elven people or our allies. I want a detailed write-up of where everything is at in six months.

Enemy troops, those who are aligned with them, and do not leave anything out because I will ask was anything left out. I will not ask you 'how' you got the information because some of your methods are already known to me and others are truly dragon business. I am also a teacher. Chosen by Bahamut to return the use of mythic magic to your kind.

Draconic mythic magic back to your people and to mine." Jarronus looked across. "I need dragons to support dragon riders. I need numbers you have that can do this?"

One of the gold dragons in the room looked a little put-out, "Maybe 20."

Jarronus nodded, "I want them sent to the southern duchy in elven lands. Report to Duke Strong Oak and get them paired with sorcerers and battlemages. Then you will get another 200 dragons ready in the next six months. As they become available; send them. I will send battle mages and sorcerers to him to start getting ready.

Then we will start dividing them out across the kingdoms. Nirman, you will be working with me on special projects. I need a couple of these gold dragons geared with these spells to build the shield. I need one to cover the crater of the volcano and lava fields. The sole purpose is to keep that dragon from flying back into it. The World Killer after it exits.

I need your brothers to start creating your draconic vaults over the dwarven land and start filling it. Get the shield working, test it, and shut it off. Then it has to be manned at all times. Being over a volcano, gold dragons are the obvious choice."

The gold who was miffed earlier, "Where do you get off on telling us what to do?"

Jarronus smiled, "I guess I should have led with that. I have been made field Marshal of our allied forces as agreed upon by Majisa and the other Kings and Queen involved in the decision."

He looked at Jarronus, "Her father rules."

Lord Regal walked in at this point, "Yes I do. I have dealt with Silvertree Champions and heroes and they have impressed over the ages. The fact our own god has made his current champion from one of their champions is not lost on me. I backed her decision on the matter. You will comply. He is aware of my health and wanted her to sign off on any decisions.

Including getting our magic back to us now. I was against it but she talked me into seeing the need to comply with the wishes of Bahamut in this matter. I identified this world killer from the description. I also traveled there to see the area. I saw the creature take out the last vestiges of magic in that area before diving back into his hole into the hells.

I do not like the plan but his plan has merit. It is better than this thing tunneling up under our Palace and homes. It is a greater immediate threat. I waited outside and listened to what he is asking of you. Nothing over the top crazy. The elven people will be building these vaults as well and from what I understand. He has the forge secured and operational in one of these shelters and plans to move it into the same area in the same configuration underground. Consolidating a lot of magic and relics to act a lure to this creature."

Jarronus nodded, "I tested the feasibility of getting it to work and destroy some of those necromancy rings. I gave your assets two chromatics to use to help gather information. Your resources are the only ones who have been successful in gathering information as we are currently land-locked."

Lord Regal nodded, "His family is aware of our ability to track magic around the world. They have not shared this information with the masses, only with the dwarven King and Elven Queen. He has the books to duplicate it. He knows it. But he is focused on where he needs to be. Securing these borders and tackling these problems one at a time like the others before him. I would like to know about these special projects."

Jarronus nodded, "I will brief you and Majisa on it when I go over my ideas with Nirman. Something else you should know. Your true sight that does not pick up those rings is not universal. Nirman and his brothers, like my sword, have the newer vision to see them. Any children they have also have it. A gift from Bahamut to your kind. A requested gift from Jazzia to your kind that Bahamut honored."

He set seven sets of glasses on the table. "Use them wisely. They have that vision in them. Crafted by the Queen's enchanters. Majisa I will coordinate through you and Nirman for the moment. As such I wish to name Nirman as the coalition general over the dragon assets. I would like to give a briefing on this special project day after tomorrow in the elven Capital war room."

She nodded, "We will be there before mid-day meal."

He nodded, "I want bearings of the last dozen attacks you have had on your Kingdom. I want to know where they are coming in from and how high they are flying. It is important. Bring the information to the meeting please."

She nodded and he teleported to the front of the elven Palace, "General assemble your officers."

He ran through the next layer of security questions. He cleared those here as none showed issues. He looked around the room. "Generals I want you to get with the Royal Guards. Your men are to reinstall and man the ballistas on this Palace. I want them operational tomorrow. Then manned at all times! Use mages to get where they are stored if needed. No excuses. Get your men working through the night if needed. This will become a fortress."

He left them to their work, "Guard Captain. The Generals will contact you with a request to get Palace gear. Assist them or you will be privates in the Elven Army." He nodded. Jarronus walked over to some elven craftsmen. "These the workers?"

He nodded. Jarronus vetted them first and then spoke with them as a group, "You will be working and living right here. You have any supplies you need, communicate them with the Guard Captain. They will get them sent over."

Jarronus cast up another shelter and secured it. He looked at them, "Your home until this Palace sparkles and the royal family is happy."

They nodded and went inside. Jarronus pulled the Guard Captains. "Set security controls to the Guard Captains."

Jarronus looked at them. "They are quarantined. Anything coming in and anyone coming in has to come past you! They are on a time crunch which means you are on a time crunch."

Jarronus walked out and pointed at a general, "Find two of your commanders and start conscripting from the city to bolster your numbers. Stay out of the southern Duchy. North of the Capital is safe to recruit from and the city!

75-500 years old. If they have titles tell them great all the more reason for them to join. This includes house patrons!"

He saluted, "Yes Sir."

He teleported to the City Academy, "Magister's office. Do not ask if I have an appointment I work for the Queen."

He took Jarronus straight up and he walked over to the magister who appeared to be reading over test results. Jarronus looked at him, "Secure the room."

He looked up, "Master Trainer."

Jarronus nodded, "Also a Duke working for the Queen."

He secured the room, "What do you need?"

Jarronus looked at him, "All sorcerers and battle mages and enchanter recent graduates to 250 years old. Full line of tier nine spells with sorcerers I need the top 12 of them sent to the front of the Palace first thing in the morning. They better not be under arrest as in all of the grand clerics who are under arrest for treason."

He looked shocked. Jarronus looked at him, "I want the next 100 sent to the southern Duchy have them report to Duke Strong Oak. They are conscripted into service. The rest the day after tomorrow at the Palace for the army to review them. I am glad to see you wearing your glasses. Before you send them to any location you check them out with your glasses. Here are two more pairs. Take your top battle mages and sorcerer and bring them into this review process.

Five days from now I want you to repeat it for the arcane archers. Same thing 100 to the southern duchy and the rest to the Palace after you have checked them out."

He nodded, "This deal with the attack on the Capital?"

Jarronus smiled, "Nothing gets by you Magister."

He went to the circle and went back down. He teleported back to the fourth floor. Jarronus walked in and saw the Queen arguing with someone new. Jarronus walked forward and looked at the human. He was old and graying. In military garb.