Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 02

Story Info
Enhanced Edition 2020.
54.1k words
4.88
4k
6

Part 43 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silvertree Chronicles Book Five Part 2, From the Brink, (Enhanced Edition)

Synopsis: The distant and last living elven heir of the Silver line Jarronus'via Silvertree steps into the unknown shoes of past blade wielder heroes and champions over a millennium since the dragon's return. The Silvertree line on the brink of destruction and once again the Gods look to call upon the family of Champions past.

***Inspired by multiple fantasy environments. Not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm June 2020. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Authors Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer.

I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them. I originally submitted this story back in September of 2018. I have worked to try and improve my writing style while struggling with this issue. I have added some editing software and written a few other stories. Now I am revising and editing this earlier work to try and bring it up to a higher standard from what I have managed to learn over the last few years.

---

The Great Advisor

Jarronus did just that. He got his spells prepared for the day. He showered and dressed. Forgoing the sword. He unlocked the door after turning off the two crystals. He walked out and they were all at the table eating. He walked down and Brima looked at him, "Sleeping in?"

He shook his head, "Long conversation with the Lady of Dreams."

He walked to the door. "Unsecure entryway." He walked over and put the permanency and mythic spells on the library.

He walked over and cast up the first part of the training ground and locked it into place. The portal opened for him. He stepped inside, "Keep portal open." He looked at his students who walked in wide-eyed. He looked at them, "Your rooms with study desks and practice mannequins are off to the side. This is your home while training. You will note there are 24 rooms here. Your rooms have large beds. You will all still be training when your families are started.

This gives you the room to start them. If my house is allowed to recover it provides a place for them to expand and start their families without having to expand more until needed. The pool running down the center. My three little fishies in the water. Your job is to swim down and touch the wall on the far end and back. In armor. The first 30-feet the water is 5-feet deep. Then it drops to 20-feet. Go!"

They got into the water. Olivana spoke up, "He does not know how to swim."

He nodded, "He will learn. What about you Brima?"

She looked over, "Never did it in armor."

He pointed, "You wanted to learn things. Start by building up more body strength. This afternoon I will show you the obstacle and acrobatics course. How are your acrobatics."

She looked at him, "I was trained in classic blade song."

He nodded, "I know, I saw your tournaments. Start swimming."

He ran down and jumped in and pulled Storm Blade out of the water and put him up to the side. Storm Blade coughed up some water and Jarronus pushed him out. Jarronus watched the others. He got out and jumped in and got Moon Ray out of the water. He then swam over and got Silver Moon out of the water. He made it the furthest but started struggling. He Saw Brima sinking and he dove in and got her to the surface. He looked at all of them. "You will ALL be working on your swimming skills in this pool." He walked up the wall and hit a lever. The roar of the falls startled them.

He looked at Silver Moon, "You got the farthest. Try again."

He got into the water with him. Silver Moon tried to swim and he could not get his feet away from the back wall. Jarronus looked at him, "That is enough hop out." He got out and Jarronus launched himself against the torrent of water and swam for all he was worth and hit the far wall 20 minutes later. He floated back using his feet to keep on the surface. He got out of the water. "Silver Moon back in."

He took the lever and moved it to a quarter of the way from the bottom. He had him swimming and he got about fifteen feet out and then stopped tired and came back. He cranked it down a notch. "Brima and Storm Blade. In the water. He slowed it down. Swim."

They both got to about five to ten feet away and kept a steady pace. Jarronus looked at them, "Come on out. Other two in."

They went swimming and they got to about fifteen to twenty feet and tired out.

He looked at them, "The water speed is set. The four of you have two hours of this before the morning meal. With the water speed, it will keep you in the shallow end. When you can spend an hour with the current without stopping, we will try the full length again. With no current."

She looked at him, "Why am I doing this?"

He smiled, "The Gods directed me to teach you and get you involved with their training. If for some reason we have to get on a ship to travel knowing how to swim will be needed."

She nodded, "We done for now?"

He shook his head, "Not even close; another hour." She groaned as they started swimming, it was plenty wide. He jumped down into the deeper section and spent the hour swimming with them using a backstroke to watch them. He called, "Time."

He flipped around, went to the falls, touched the wall, and came back. He walked Brima down to a set of mannequins at the other end, "This is where you will teach yourself to fight left-handed. You have the traditional moves. Train your other arm to do it as well."

She sighed, "Why?"

He grabbed a couple of practice swords and tossed her one. He squared off, "Just swords. Begin." He fought left-handed and she had a very hard time against him. Jarronus smacked the back of her hand sending the sword flying. She screamed out, "DAMN THAT HURT!"

He looked at her, "You learn to fight with either hand you can control the battle. Even if one hand gets injured you can still fight with the other."

He turned and put the sword away. He flipped her over and pinned her to the ground. She looked at him, "How did you know I was coming?"

He smiled, "That is another lesson you will learn. How not to be flanked if you focus on it. Mirama can heal that hand for you."

She nodded as he let her up. She shook her head, "I did ask to learn."

He nodded, "You will, this afternoon it is acrobatics. Mirama will want to hang around for that. My little fishies pick a room and spread out every third room starting with Storm Blade in room one. Grab your gear and bring it down."

He walked out and opened the portal. He pulled out his crystal to the Queen, "Your Majesty, just checking in." She sighed, "In open court. Things are going well thank you."

He smiled, "I will be leaving this with a guard monitoring this if I am indisposed, your Majesty. They should be arriving tomorrow."

She sighed again, "Thank you, Count Silvertree."

The crystal went dark. He went back inside and got his sword. He went over and turned off the silent function. They should show after the mid-day meal. He pulled out chests and scattered portable holes up and down the interior. Leaving walkways. He looked at everyone, "Work to do." They all came out and groaned.

He smiled, "We did the library. Weapons and armor are the goals today. Find anything odd, call it out. This will all go back to the armory. Mirama, have them pull full plate first. You can start getting it on the mannequins. You are familiar with heavy armor."

She nodded her head toward the work in front of them. They went to work and pulled over a hundred sets of full plate alone and took those back. He found the other two suits of celestial chain mail. "I want these two sets on the mannequins next to the door opposite side."

Brima looked at them, "Something special with them?"

He nodded, "Highly enchanted celestial armor. Used by Eldar's first two wives. I wear the set he wore but had it enchanted to near relic status. I removed the house insignias but now that I am a count I may adopt it back."

Zirra chuckled, "That is the exact words from the owner. He felt like he was working on creating a relic."

He asked Zirra, "What did you think of my swimming? Last night."

She turned ten shades of red and about fell over. He grabbed her and held her to him, "You think I will disappoint you in bed?"

She shook her head, "No I am afraid I might disappoint you."

He smiled, "The offer still stands."

She nodded, "I think we can make this work. I will marry you."

He smiled, "Then you go back tomorrow morning and gather your belongings. Along with your house records. Any remaining debt I will clear off the books."

She looked at him, "Why?"

He smiled, "I will also look to put 500,000 into an account for your brother. I know what it is like to be the last of a house. I have the money and I do not want that weighing on you."

She smiled and kissed him. He let her go and had three other ladies waiting to kiss him. He kissed all 3 of them. They chuckled, When Storm Blade came in, "I found a regular bag with some books in it."

He nodded and pulled them out. He looked through and they were the original journals to all of the last wielders going back to and including Jazzia's journal.

He sat and read through her journal and a large note was in the back of it, "I did not have the heart to destroy the journal of my mother. I am hoping the next wielder will do it."

He looked toward the last page of each journal and they each said the same thing. He shook his head. He noticed the binding of Jazzia's journal was a bit busted. He looked as it stayed open. There was a written note very tightly rolled inside the broken binding. He opened up the book and slid the note out and read it. The seal having never been broken.

"To the next blade wielder, my son. I hope you find this note. There were things too big for this journal that exist. I put hidden compartments into my home designs. You will find things that should be preserved for posterity. For when the time is right for the future champions in my line.

Your Mother Jazzia"

He sighed and read the instructions for accessing the location. He put it away and took all of the books upstairs and stashed them away in a dresser for now. He went down and folded up the empty holes. There was one hole filled with rings. He folded it up and took it to the armory and placed it in the display case marked rings. He looked at Mirama, "A whole hole full of them. For another day."

She nodded, "All with Silvertree on them?"

He nodded, "Yes."

He stepped out again and he had six remaining with weapons. He sighed and looked at Brima, "Keep them moving. I should be back, no longer than an hour. I have to go back to the other home. Hopeful only a few minutes. Tell them to wait outside if the guards show."

She sighed and nodded. He turned off the teleport blocker. He teleported straight to the fourth floor and was immediately hit with two bolts. He saw and felt his leg changing to stone.

He opened the portal and leaped inside, "Close portal." He crawled away from the doorway and laid there as it took over his body.

He was back by the Falls, "Corellon Larethian was there. He looked up at him from his position on the ground. Jarronus sighed, "Petrifying bolts."

He nodded, "Brima followed an hour later and got hit by one. She teleported home before it took effect.

Mirama worked on her for 2 days to get the effect off of her. She found her after she was solid. They gained access to you recently and are working on getting the effect off of you. Why did you jump inside instead of going home?" He smiled and tapped the center of his chest. "Did not know what it would do but the shelter would survive or absorb it. Even a dead blade would survive that way."

Corellon nodded, "They have that home locked down. It is being stubborn because you got hit by two of them. Strong Oak has 9 blade wielders taking turns guarding that floor, 3 at a time. Some Knight Paladins were sent up and took care of those 3 would-be assassins. Orcs."

Jarronus sighed, "There will be more than three."

He nodded, "True but it has been a long time. They came in without poison or had it hidden. The herd did not detect them."

Jarronus sighed, "Do you know what I am going to find?"

He nodded, "Yes, to a point. She refused to elaborate saying it is for the champion to figure out. She said it is important. We did not know she did that until we spoke with her spirit about it. It was shielded from us. This happened after your last conversation here did not go so well."

Jarronus smiled up at him, "Am I stuck like this because of the state of my body?"

Corellon smiled, "Your spirit is strong but weakened by the effect like when you were here after the dragon fight."

Jarronus nodded, "You talked with her spirit about talking with me. You did not like her answer, I take it."

He shook his head, "Even in death the former champions and heroes are all up in arms about the state of the house. Eldar appreciated what you did for the town and villages. The money you have promised them."

Jarronus smiled, "As soon as I get to the bank and do the transfers."

He nodded, "Yes, the Queen has been told you got petrified but that you are alive and in Quatarsia being treated. Back to the marriage issue."

Jarronus sighed, "I have yet to get married or have any children. I am petrified. You have a captive audience."

Corellon chuckled, "My wife finds your sense of humor annoying at times. You are right we ask a lot of you. We have taken a lot less drastic action to those who have failed us. You have not shirked your duty to take on the task. Your concern is marriage worth it, given your family history. Eldar would say, yes, given his mother.

He was angry for a while when the Knight Paladin found his half-brother. That spirit went unclaimed by both sides. He worships none of us. The great-uncle appreciated what the Knight Paladin did for him. He died a few months later. Happy in his own freedom. I bring that up because we are going to be a little more hands-off in regards to your wives. You have asked them to marry you."

Jarronus nodded, "I intend to, but replacing them is another issue. Even the first. I drop to one or none in the field. Well, let me say it will be a discussion with them. I still have no assurances that what happened to Jazzia and her children would not be repeated.

I could have 80 children but if you only allow one to carry forward then that is a problem. This house is on the brink again is not right. At times I feel like all I am doing is kicking the problem to the next champion or blade holder. How did House Silvertree get stuck being the champion all the time?"

He chuckled, "That question has been asked before. You know the story of how the house survived the last time. What you do not know is the Gods intervened on behalf of the fallen father, not the mother.

The mother did make the plea to the Queen but we had already given divine direction to make it happen. He promised service from his family going forward. He did not join us instead he became the new spirit of the sword. His price."

Jarronus looked at him, "He remembers none of it?"

He nodded, "True."

Jarronus sighed, "I am sure if he knew the state of his house after all of this time and the bargain he made, he would be upset to find it down to one."

He sighed, "I do not doubt you."

Jarronus looked at Corellon Larethian, "If I die on this mission or before; which is highly likely, I would ask that you consider replacing the spirit with mine. Leaving my knowledge of the family intact. That the champion has an adviser who has gone through what they are going through.

I know you will not release the house. The only way that will happen is if I die before having children. At which point no more house. Which I have considered as you know."

He sighed and nodded, "I will consider your idea. Karti'Ros is not much of an adviser. Restoring his memory would likely make him irate and impossible to deal with. Even more so than you."

Jarronus smiled and chuckled, "No arguments, I have been very demanding when dealing with the Lady of Dreams. I know I am frustrating her, but she keeps doing one thing that bothers me. Avoiding the answers to questions, especially about Jazzia.

As to taking over, given the tasks that are thrown at your champions, I know Eldar would be better in some ways because of his memory. The Knight Paladin for throwing off the timetables and constantly fluctuating the future might be too much.

Same for Jazzi, as she took on the massive battles like no other champion before her. She not only trapped them but her team inside with them to make it a winner take all event. I am sure Karti'Ros had a woman he loved who is waiting for him in the afterlife. Am I allowed to discuss this with Karti'Ros?"

He sighed, "We have barred it in the past, but I will allow it. Just with him. Not the wives."

Jarronus looked at him, "I should let them know I have volunteered to take the place of the spirit of the sword. You have not agreed to it yet but they may not find me in the afterlife for a long time."

He sighed, "Only after you have married them. Wait, I see your objection. They would be informed of it at your wedding if we think that is a likely option. If it is not brought up there then you can talk to them about it. Time to return to the land of the moving."

His eyes fluttered open. He looked over and saw four crying faces on one side and three others on the other side in his apprentices.

He looked at them, "Have I missed my own wedding?"

They all chuckled. He looked at Mirama, "Thank you for taking care of this. I know it was being stubborn. The Gods told me. I am sorry you got hit by it Brima."

She nodded, "I was only out 2 days not 7."

Jarronus chuckled, "I told the Lady of Dreams it might be better if I slept for a week in my locked room to remove temptation from the 4 of you. This was not what I had in mind."

They laughed, "He tried to sit up and felt very weak. Mirama looked at him, "I still need to heal you up some. You just came out of it."

He smiled, "Then get to work. We have to get you all to the wedding shop to get dresses. I am sure the Queen is wanting to see me."

She nodded, "She has been contacting via a crystal with the Moon Blade Wielders guarding this floor every few hours."

He nodded, "I need to be healed up, and a few minutes alone in the shelter before we go. I also need to study up my spells."

They sighed, "We will clear them out and wait by the door as soon as she is done."

He looked at his students, "How goes swimming?"

They looked at him. Jack spoke, "It is very tiring. But we have been doing it. Brima has been working with all of us on using our left hands. She said she had to learn that after your last lesson with her. We have all been working basic moves with it, to begin with, Master Trainer."

He nodded as they cleared out. He thought, "Karti'Ros I wanted to ask you your thoughts on this house being down to one."

Karti'Ros sighed, "It concerns me greatly."

He asked him, "Why?"

Karti'Ros chuckled, "Because I would die."

Jarronus sighed, "You already have. You are the reason the sword still exists. The house still exists. You were the last male Silvertree who died in battle and requested your love be named as your last wife. She bore you two sons."