Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Glimmer thought to herself, "Fuck, he knows this system like Charlus did."

She thought out to the others psionically, "Try and stall him if we can. This could get ugly."

The Gold dragon across from her nodded, "How? He is getting exactly what we will allow them to get as per the Council's direction. He cannot prove anything."

She thought back, "If he knows this as Charlus does then he will know enough. I told the council this was a bad idea. As did the champion."

---

Lerian pulled the crystal to the King, "Your Majesty, they have installed some sort of filter on the data we receive. Overwatch is unreliable at this time and shutdown. They are in violation of the Accords going directly to House Silvertree. Tied to the blade wielder. Not the Kingdom."

He groaned, "What has their representative stated?" Lerian looked at her. She looked at the crystal, "Your Majesty, I would have to get with our system expert to explain this."

Lerian looked at her, "Find him then, please. Your Majesty, I am leaving Alliance Overwatch offline until we resolve this problem. All dragons will remain locked out of that area indefinitely."

---

Glimmer thought back to the Gold dragon manning the station, "He knows you have a filter, go and get the expert who will not answer his questions as you have probably already been directed to do. Our gods gave them the magic to this and they were warned. No telling what he could do to this system."

---

He let the crystal go dark. Lerian walked around until he arrived. The Gold Dragon looked at Lerian, "You have a question?"

Lerian nodded, "I want to see the system you installed the crystals that send data back to us. I want to know its purpose and I want to know why it was put in place yet not relayed to us?"

He looked at Lerian, "Those are your crystals to us. There is no other system."

Lerian looked at him, "Our workstations are down. That link is still up. Attached to this system you are hiding or one placed by someone who infiltrated your system, which would be worse I wonder? All of the crystals installed were numbered.

All of the odd-numbered crystals. Those sending data back to us have been replaced by some type of filter. Correct it now, show me the system, or show me to your Council. Those are your options. There is a saying that is often used in my family history. The history of the Blade Wielders. We do not suffer fools well, you are proving yourself to be a fool in this matter."

He was put out and Glimmer rolled her eyes while they talked; mentally. Ten minutes later she sighed, "He wants you out of Dragons' Overwatch."

Lerian nodded, "Then take me to the Council."

She took Lerian to the council chambers where they were meeting. They looked over, "Did you need something?"

Lerian bowed to the Gold King sitting in charge today, "Yes, I need to inform you that you are in violation of the Dragon Accords. The section specifically for the House Silvertree Blade Wielder. You have modified the system so the data returned to us is inaccurate. Especially in regard to necromancy signatures but I will assume others are involved as well.

This was discovered during the assault on the necromancy stronghold during planning. I just examined your system. All crystals returning data to us have been moved into another system that is acting as a filter.

This needs to be fixed immediately or the Council needs to rule that section null and void. Based upon their own interference in our access. Respectfully those are the options, Your Majesty"

He looked at Lerian, "There is another. You accept what you get."

Lerian shook his head, "That is not an option, Your Majesty. I am operating under divine direction."

He nodded, "Then we terminate your access to Dragons' Overwatch because of your stubbornness."

Lerian smiled, "Your Majesty, It will be reflected in our records it was because of your stubbornness in filtering our data. Not just in violation of the Accord but the wishes of your God Bahamut. Ignoring his divine direction."

---

Glimmer tried to warn the one speaking, "The champion said..."

He cut her off, "I do not care what the champion said. We do not need them to monitor our necromantic activities through their system! We built things they do not need to know about. Stay Quite!"

---

He glared at Lerian, "Get him out of here."

Lerian looked at Glimmer, "You still going to see the King?"

She nodded, "To see if he can talk some sense into you."

He pulled a crystal, "Deactivate." She teleported them to the cave, she took them into Overwatch. He looked at her, "I am ensuring the systems are completely disconnected in accordance with terminations of the Accord."

He walked away, "You can go see the King. I will be right behind you."

She sighed and left, "Activate." He waved them out, He pulled three sets of crystals for each Eye. "These are numbered. Start from the right and move to the left in order. We will see if these new crystals fix the problem. It took only minutes to put them in place. They only had one small hick-up when someone swapped two crystals. Everything connected and turned back on.

Lerian nodded. The shift leader looked at Lerian, "We are not getting data."

Lerian smiled, "You will. To your stations. Deactivate."

He used a scroll and teleported to the front steps of the palace. "Activate."

Lerian walked in as the crystal buzzed, "Where are you?"

He smiled, "Just entered the palace, your Majesty. Fourth floor?"

He sighed, "My audience chamber."

Lerian walked into his audience chamber and bowed, "I need you to reconsider."

Lerian shook his head, "Your Majesty, would you give the representative a formal note letting them know that the Silvertree portion of that Accord is null and void based upon their violation of section 12; restricting the agreed-upon data to our workstations. I am operating under divine direction, Your Majesty."

He sighed and wrote out the note. Lerian looked at her, "Would you contact the Dragon Ruling Council and inform them of your receipt of that document." She shook her head. "I will give them one last chance to reconsider."

She rolled her eyes and activated a crystal, "I was asked to contact the Council to inform you I am in receipt of formal notice of the disillusion of the Silvertree portion of the Dragon Accord. He is giving you one last chance to reconsider."

The Gold Dragon King laughed, "Take that and come back."

Lerian shook his head, "Your Majesty, this time I think you will want to come and speak with me."

Lerian pulled out a crystal and issued the command phrase, "Karti'Ros Varus'Nor active uplinks 1, 2, and 3."

Glimmer looked at Lerian, "What did you do?"

They heard a roar on the other end of the crystal, "I WANT HIM BACK HERE NOW!"

Lerian responded, "No, Your Majesty, you want to talk with me you will come to the Elven palace, fourth-floor conference room. We will need the room. You violated the Accords. You agreed to terminate them against your Gods' wishes. Those things have a price. I told you I was acting by divine direction of 2 Gods including your own. Bring your champion and she can confirm the facts."

Glimmer thought, "Fuck! What did he just do? Did he destroy our system?"

The crystal cracked in her hands. Lerian looked at her, "I believe I got his attention."

She looked at Lerian, "What did you do?"

Lerian looked at King Goldeagle, "We will need the room, Your Majesty."

Lerian pulled out crystals, "Right Eye and Left Eye, you receiving data?"

He heard a chuckle from Right Eye, "Yes! Very responsive. These new crystals seem to work vastly better."

Left Eye responded, "Yes, Data looks very nice."

Lerian smiled, "Would you check that location I gave you earlier?"

He responded, "I wrote that in the log and WOW! We have 3 almost 4 times the data in that area now. Nice fix."

Lerian nodded, "Return displays to the war and Overwatch support for this purge. Leave that display up on display one."

Lerian looked at the King and he started walking. She looked at Lerian, "You activated an uplink into our net?!"

Lerian walked out following the King, "No. I activated a 3-tier instead of a 2-tier network. Separate from yours. Been in the works for years by divine direction for the day when the Dragons violated the Accord. It remained offline. I only turned on the consoles for it yesterday after I figured out you were restricting our data.

The diamonds were deployed a few years ago. About the time you shut off access to our system to install your filter. That was when I got the direction to deploy them. Unlike your King, I listen to the direction of my Gods. You should work harder to see that they do so in the future."

They got to the fourth floor as the King and four other dragons entered. The Gold King made a bee-line toward Lerian. Varus'Nor altered. "DANGER!"

Lerian had both weapons up and at the ready. That shocked both Kings. Lerian glared, "Sword has danger sense. The other has vorpal. We going to talk or are you here to start a fight with me? Over something you cannot change now."

He looked at Lerian, "YOU violated the accord by building that!"

Lerian shook his head, "The Accord did not stop me from building; that was counterproductive at the time. You needed us to build it after your system was compromised by the chromatics.

We were allowed to build so long as we did not put a system into service to compete with you. We have built many things for you since. You going to back down from your aggressive stance, Your Majesty? Or am I going to have to work to remove your head?"

He backed away and Lerian sheathed his swords. Lerian heard, in his head from the Lady of Dreams, "Now you can tell them of the third book."

He walked over. He put up the portable display. "This shows the grid we tested on from your facility. We were told by our operators, who have no clue they are not connected to you, that we got 3 almost 4 times the level of data.

The system is more responsive. It is also more accurate. Keep this in mind. There was one spell you need to recreate those diamonds that you no longer have access to. The Elven Master Enchanter who can craft them is another matter, but she has to have divine direction passed through the Lady of Dreams to use those spells. We deployed 72 diamonds 3 years ago. Right around the same time, you decided to filter our data.

Your Majesty, the reason we have access to those spells and they do not is that the necromancy spells were restored to their version of the books. In exchange, a handful of spells were put into a third book and can only be accessed by the selected Silvertree Mythic Master Enchanter or Enchanters. The system is more than an uplink."

Lerian pulled out the three larger and more complex displays. He turned them on.

A 3-dimensional world appeared above each display with a 3-dimensional flat display at the bottom. Lerian stuck his fingers into the light and rotated the globe around and centered in on the elven kingdom. He went to the second and went to the battle sight and pulled up at the bottom display and centered in on the tiger trap.

Lerian sighed, "I spent 30 minutes with that display." He pointed to the one for Alliance Overwatch. "Trying to show that level of detail. The level of detail your people should have been looking at because the Field Marshal almost put your dragon and our riders into those. They would have killed most if not all of the assault force before we got in the air."

Lerian tapped a crystal across the bottom and sent globes spinning. Then he went to the second and spun them in the other direction. The third and spun them end over end."

Lerian cycled through, "18 workstations with this enhanced three-dimensional display. I can control 6 from each of these portable displays. I do not have to go back into the cavern this is located in. It is warded to the nine hells. The wards have regenerating dragon's bane Not evil, all dragons. Also, necromancy bane in that cavern. The shelters have security never put in any other shelter before it. All the workstations are inside three secure shelters

Now, ask your champion. No, better yet just tell us how many times she has come to you to ask not to mess with the Alliance Overwatch? Before and after you did the changes, Your Majesty. You did this because you got necromancy spells back and did not want us picking them up in items you created. Or if you cast them in the field."

Lerian looked at King Goldeagle, "Your Majesty, now you know why I did what I did. Also, the fact I could not do it without divine direction, I am not the Master Mythic Enchanter who did the diamond, they know her as Kazzara Silvertree. The Gold King knows that to be true."

The Gold King seemed to be in a conversation with those that came with him. Everyone watched him and they heard the sounds of clapping behind Lerian. Lerian took a knee as did everyone in the room. Corellon Larethian looked at Lerian, "You did well Champion."

Bahamut walked around and appeared to be having a mental conversation of his own.

---

Bahamut thought to the metallic dragons in the room, "I made my will be known and you dismissed it. Now you will suffer for failing to listen to me in this matter!"

---

Corellon Larethian called out, "Everyone stand please."

Bahamut sighed, "You heard him, we are in his lands. The same lands that provided our people shelter, built an army, stopped the destruction of this world, and rebuilt and upgraded Dragons' Overwatch. What have you done? One member stole to get access to elven land and Silvertree property.

You tried to pick up your land and relocate at the start of a war, had 80 gold dragons go rogue, and were saved by his ancestor. You have treated them as inferior and I am disappointed, to say the least. Jazzia put it best at the time. We have an alliance in the world why not between the Gods.

You will not mess with their system because you cannot rebuild yours without them. When they would be directed to bring it down a layer at a time. They can replace their system. They have a redundant copy of their system ready to be put back into service already.

They prepared for you to strike back at them. So far you have not disappointed them. Stop your actions or I will put more draconic magic under their control. Champion." He looked at the female silver dragon. "Continue to advise them when they go off course. Consider her advice divine direction and get your heads out of your asses."

Bahamut turned to Lerian, "You did everything but tip your hand to show them you had the capability Lerian Silvertree. You felt, rightfully so, that he would detain you indefinitely. At least that is what he thinks. I know you know how to get into and out of dragon land if the need arose."

Lerian nodded to him, "Yes, that information is tied into the sword. How I knew where to teleport to different locations."

Corellon Larethian held out his hand and summoned forth Lerian's blade Varus'Nor and stuck another rune onto it. Corellon sent it back into his sheath.

He heard Varus'Nor, "He gave you teleportation circle back onto the blade. A rune fixed in place for all time."

Lerian bowed to him, "Thank you. That will make my life easier in the coming days."

Corellon nodded, "Especially when the King keeps summoning you. Anything happens to that sword that rune will return as it is now built into the blade, just like Moon Fire. A boon to your family for the efforts put forth and those who came before you."

Lerian bowed to him. The next second, they were both gone. Lerian looked over, "You had specific questions for me? I know there are a few lingering."

He looked at Lerian's displays, "Those require restricted spells?"

Lerian shook his head, "A couple of them I created, some Charlus created, but no restricted spells for the displays. Elven mythic spells with draconic mythic spells. Charlus and I created the elven ones. He did the ones for the 3-dimensional displays you have yet to figure out how to reproduce. I am more of an enchanter than you know, probably more than Charlus was as I redesigned what your system did from the ground up."

He looked at Lerian, "It would be too much to ask to have you build a portable one for us?"

Lerian smiled, "Not into my system. You would not like my ability to monitor what you are doing with it. I could build them into your system but I had my access removed from there from a rather surly and foolish Gold Dragon enchanter. Who tried to play me as the fool. Much like yourself in your own court.

I know you have room for 6 workstations now as our system is separated. You would be screwing yourself over to run it through that fucked up filter you stuck in place, no sense in denying what we all know.

With 3 portable displays tied into two workstations each. Please note anything you do on a portable is reflect back into the room with the workstation. They can be worked from either. The portables can also be cut off if one is lost."

The Gold King asked, "You have to have a workstation?"

Lerian nodded, "This sends the instructions to the workstation. The workstations are the complex pieces of the puzzle. I never intend to show those in the shelters to you. You can do what I do and secure it in a secure location so those workstations cannot be seen. Again, it also helps if one is lost. To sever the connection and to know if it is being used, Your Majesty."

Lerian reached in and pulled out 3 more displays and activated them. Those 3 turned on but displayed no data and he deactivated them and stored them.

Lerian looked at him, "Those three are tied into my system. The three I just stored not as of yet. Those workstations are stored on Silvertree estates in a secure shelter. Not connected; I have the crystals and they are compatible with your system. The level of detail is not the same but that deals with the diamonds in the sky that I cannot craft, alone anyway.

You were originally supposed to go to 72 but your original ones got compromised. Then they traced our system and our alliance bases out in the plains."

He looked at Lerian, "You have those now?!"

Lerian nodded, "Yes. 18 operational. 6 sitting to the side, the same number of stations if you will that we have in Alliance Overwatch. That was where I came up with the number. I was debating installing them on the estate."

Lerian walked over and switched the display to the surface area of the dragon capital. He pressed a crystal and the gold Dragon King's eyes went big. "Is that what I think it is?"

Lerian nodded, "Dragons' flying, whales' swimming, bullets' burrowing, or an army walking. I could bring up that level of detail with seventy-two and my redesigned system. When I said I built it from the ground up I was not joking.

I have 9 new mythic spells incorporated into my system that you do not have access too. They expanded on Charlus's work for the displays. This is 1 of the shortcomings on Dragons, innovation is slow to come to them in developing new spells. Let alone enchanting them into something like this, Your Majesty."

Lerian brought up one of the retreating forces from their area. "I was told it looked like they were in full retreat. I can confirm to species what is leaving the area."

King Goldeagle looked at it, "You built this?"

Lerian nodded, "With the help of the Master Enchanter who could do the Sky Diamonds; I should mention mine are twice the size of yours in value. I added a few things you did not, Including some Elven Mythic enchantments.

I took the plans Charlus had and used it as a base upon which to tear it completely down and restructure it to get this level of detail. While the base crystal, sockets, and connection to the uplink are all the same size.