Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please note I did not say into the system. There is no central system as you use. They all connect independently to the uplinks and can record data for a period of time to track things like teleportation hopping or activity over an area.

They can connect to a system but it slows it down, exactly what you are doing with your design, but you have your reasons. They are not relevant to this discussion."

Lerian walked over and pressed a crystal, "Grid 364 Gold." He released and it rotated to that grid on the upper and lower display."

Lerian pressed another and turned off the upper-level display. He pressed it again, "Set depth 200 feet and drop to a 10-foot square." Lerian released and he watched it adjust. "Voice control when that crystal is pressed."

The Gold King shook his head at the level of complexity. Lerian pointed to the old display, "I can build it like those as well and restrict them to a set number of things they can search for, just like Alliance Overwatch stations.

That function for increased fidelity I will add to the Alliance Overwatch; maybe. It could help with Knights' missions now that the war is drawing to a close. This is why I said I needed the conference room, Your Majesty. To have room to put these out."

The Gold King looked at Lerian, "What would it take to get us to 72?"

Lerian smiled, "24 more, forgiveness from your God, divine direction passed through the Lady of Dreams to our Mythic Master Enchanter, and then Silvertree standard enchanting costs of cost-plus 50%. For 20 thousand gold piece diamonds, you are looking at 100,000 for each enchanted diamond.

The question you have not asked is the cost for the 6 stations and 3 mobile displays. Cost is 1,500,000 gold pieces, as in what it cost in materials to make them. The purchase price is another matter.

It will cost an apology from you and the Council to me for demanding you live up to the terms of the Dragon Accords. Realizing now when a champion tells you that they are working under divine direction they are serious. They do not throw that statement around, unlike dragons with 'Dragon Business.'

Another to your champion for failing to listen to her divine direction. Then 1,500,000 gold pieces. I will not charge for my time working on a project driven by divine direction. The full up enchanters it is how they make a living and they are not doing double cost like most enchanters. That is what it would cost you.

Also, access to Dragons' Overwatch to install and teach your people how to use it as it is different enough. This would have to occur after the King releases Martial Law, Your Majesty."

King Goldeagle nodded, "At least several more days. After my weddings."

Lerian smiled at that and pulled crystals, "Right Eye, Left Eye, and Overwatch. Give me a status on your activities, start with Overwatch."

He heard someone sigh, "Things are calming, from what I have heard, the army and your guards were cut down at the Academy but the Academy is secure now. Some instructors are bringing children into the palace district to see the King."

Lerian looked at King Goldeagle, "Your Majesty, I told them if they wished to plead the individual merits of each child then that is a matter between them and you."

The King sighed, "Send them through. I want guards all the way around. Check papers for the instructors."

The overwatch guy groaned, "They must have 20,000-30,000 children."

Lerian smiled, "Understood Overwatch stage them outside the palace and the King can address them in smaller groups by each house. They should all have magical restraints. The Guard Captain will be able to advise them. Right Eye?"

She laughed, "These new crystals are wickedly fast and accurate. We helped take out a few arcane snipers even. The Army and Royal guard were happy to get those crystals. Said something about your portable display coming in handy in speeding things up."

Lerian nodded, "Left Eye?"

He responded, "It definitely looks like a full out retreat. The field marshal has them pursuing and taking down the slow ones."

Lerian nodded, "Everyone supports each other as needed. You just reported status to the Gold King and the Elven King. Nice work."

Lerian looked across, "Anything else anyone?"

The Gold King nodded, "I will work those letters myself and see that Glimmer here helps to get you back into Dragons' Overwatch when your King clears it."

Lerian nodded to him and then it was just the King and Lerian. Lerian looked at him, "Your Majesty. I want to first apologize for drawing down on the Gold King that way. It was a defensive move based upon danger sense.

I need to speak with my people in the 'Head' if you will. About the fact, they are not tied into Dragons' Overwatch. They are tied into Gods' Eyes. Brought to them by House Silvertree. Yet another system that I own."

He packed up his displays. The King nodded, "I did not know you carried a vorpal sword."

Lerian smiled, "Just like Charlus, Your Majesty."

He nodded, "Take care of business."

Lerian pulled out a crystal, "Deactivate."

He teleported down, "Activate."

Lerian walked down to Left Eye, "I need you out here for a minute."

He walked over to Right Eye, "I need you out here for a minute."

They came out and he got all of them together. He looked at them, "Access to Dragons' Overwatch was terminated. Those crystals you installed hooked you into Gods' Eyes. Brought to you by House Silvertree.

Another system that I own and that dragons are completely blocked from. I would not expect them to return to Alliance Overwatch, but we will see if they continue to support or not. Yes, I did most of the enchanting and design work on it."

Lerian pulled out his display and asked him, "What grid were you monitoring?"

He looked at Lerian as he pressed the crystal, "Grid 77 Kobald."

Lerian watched their faces as it switched. To that area. He turned on the higher detail. Their eyes went wide. "Shrink to 50% adjust the height to 20 feet. He released it. Lerian then stuck his fingers into the globe and moved it over the city.

A few of them giggled as it showed some guy getting nailed in the nether-hole by a woman. Lerian shut it off. He looked at them, "Higher definition is not for use in the city unless authorized, no plan to incorporate that now.

I want a subsurface scan as deep as it will go. Note anything unusual. Nothing critical tonight. Left Eye you got 2 stations free to do that divide the capital in half and set depth as low as you can and work up. You should be able to pick up almost 15 miles down now."

He nodded, "Good to know what changed. What did the Dragons think of that?"

Lerian smiled, "Before them telling me to go fuck myself, drawing down on the Gold King when I put it online, or the Gods showing up?"

He shook his head, "Alright, note to self, do not ask about his day."

They chucked. Lerian pulled a crystal, "I am knocking."

He heard, "Welcome home the door is open."

He backed away, deactivate." He teleported out. "Activate."

---

The Dragon Council was in chaos. The Gold King shook his head, "We failed to listen to our champion and those who advised us against this, including you Glimmer. Bahamut knew what we did and worked with the Elven gods to provide divine direction to have him build that system.

It does not do everything ours does, as he does not have the necromancy spells. But what he can do, he can do better than what our enchanters have created. It will take years to reverse engineer the spells he created to make those displays.

I know he would not turn those over without asking for something. We cannot attack his system because they can bring ours down. They have a replacement in place. This Lerian Silvertree has outplayed us and he is right, he is more of an enchanter than Charlus was.

He stayed hidden and built the system when we interfered with their access to necromancy and every other form of magic they wanted to detect. The necromancy was obvious and he suspected we did the others as well. Either the Gods conspired against our moves or he just figured it out as a champion would."

The Silver Champion stood there, "Bahamut did not tell him. He figured it out. Bahamut still talks with me but is extremely disappointed in this council's activity. We need to bring these Draco-liches down and work to bring the chromatics down and drive them off of this world. That is my tasking.

That is what the spells he gave us back will allow us to do. His offer for a copy of the new system was generous and his own idea. Give him what he asked for, you owe him that much for giving you that humbling experience.

He is more forthcoming than you would think. You just pissed him off and thought he was a fool. Just as you ignored my directions from Bahamut. If you wish to ignore the Gods say so. When I pass Bahumut will turn his back on you while on this world or wherever you eventually go.

We know we will have to leave at some point. The elves will learn this now as well, as they have the means to detect the problems. These elves have talented enchanters to find the solutions needed to leave when the time comes.

Necromancy will work to destroy this world eventually. The Elven Gods know this now as Bahumut shared this with them long ago. Back before Eldar stepped on the field. They have been playing the long game and working with us and we are the ones breaking the treaties and agreements. Much like our chromatic dragons did to us. In direct violation of Bahumut's wishes.

This buildup of elven magic will continue, including our draconic magic which they are mastering beyond our wildest dreams. We have to prepare sooner rather than later to leave once we drive the chromatics away from this world. They will flee like rats, and we will have to be ready to go after them as it will be dragon business. Not like the horseshit proclamations and shady deals this council has been flinging about since Charlus passed."

The Council sat in silence as the champion chastised them all.

---

Lerian looked at the guard, "Crystal to the King, Alliance Overwatch Left Eye, Right Eye, and then we have Overwatch. I took command of both."

He nodded, "Busy day then."

Lerian nodded and went inside and walked to his home. He saw young Goldeagle eating with his grandmothers.

Lerian sighed, "Kazzara, Gods' Eyes are operational."

She looked at Lerian wide-eyed, "How does it look?"

Lerian smiled, "Better than we expected. We can identify races and facial features even."

He looked at young Goldeagle, "The King has 20,000-30,000 students on the palace lawn to await seeing the King about their lives. He seemed rather resolved in his convictions. I received no guidance to interfere so this is one of those, 'Gods are testing you' items. I have a crystal to the King outside if you wish to make a statement."

She nodded, "Thank you for telling me."

She walked out of the shelter. He thought, "Have the twins died already?"

He heard, "They died within hours of you leaving them. They wanted to be sure."

He thought, "Tomorrow then."

Lerian heard from the Lady of Dreams, "They left a note that might help."

Lerian walked out and went out of the building and up to shelter 6. He went inside and went to the falls. He dove down and pulled their bodies up and out of the water.

He left them on the grass in their embrace. He went and found the note. He walked out to a crying Jennesia.

Lerian held up a finger, "Your Majesty, I thought you should know that Goldia and Gildia are both dead. They drowned themselves but left a note. Would you like to hear this now?"

He heard the King sigh, "Yes, go ahead."

Lerian read the note,

"Your Majesty,

We were adults in the house and saw acts of corruption that we did not try and stop. For that, we find ourselves guilty. To those who are not adults and have no say in their lives, who their parents are, or their birth circumstance to condemn them all for the actions of the parent is in line with the laws concerning debt.

No individual or business may try to force the collection of a debt incurred by an adult or adults in the family. This debt is not their debt; another option must exist. Please consider our debt paid; as adults, we had to pay the debt as we failed to stop or report the corruption.

Sincerely and with the hope that you will find compassion,

Gildia and Goldia Goldeagle

Lerian, thank you for the time you gave us and allowing us to go out on our own terms. Please watch over Jennasi.

I thought you should know as the Lady of Dreams, when I asked about the twins, told me this letter might help, Your Majesty."

Lerian heard King Goldeagle groan, "Thank you, I will take their statement into consideration. Jennasi I do mean that. If I learned anything from today's demonstration with the dragons, listen to divine direction."

Lerian let the crystal go dark. He put the crystal down and Jennasi wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. She whispered, "I could not find the right words to convince him and they may have found them."

Lerian held her, "Yes they may have saved many lives. We will see what tomorrow brings."

He walked her back inside.

Epilogue

The next week went by in a blur. King Godleagle spared over 25,000 thousand. Saving the harshest punishment to those who fought and killed the guards, army, teachers, and other students. Those spared were taken with their instructors to Quatarsia.

To finish schooling and conscripted into the army for life with their family names stripped from them. Barred from re-entering the capital unless summoned. Word of this benevolence spread. Parents surrendered or killed themselves with the words 'the debt has been paid.'

Those children, some even infants, were taken to Quatarsia by royal decree to live in service to the Kingdom as a chance to redeem themselves. Martial law was lifted after the King's weddings. Word of the activities that spawned the purge trickled into the population. Lerian took the blade wielders to Silent Falls.

They performed the ritual to get blades purified and allocate the dead blade to House Storm Blade. The Gods did not make an appearance during this ritual. A departure from the past. Lerian returned to the Dragon Kingdom 2 days later with the consoles, portable display, and interlink crystals.

Having received his letter of apology from the Gold King in a session of the open Elven court; though the audience was much smaller with the purge considered ninety-percent complete. The workstations were installed and operational within minutes.

Teaching them all of the controls took several hours as they cycled through the dragons that worked there. Including one sticky-fingered copper dragon. The existence of Gods' Eyes was considered common knowledge in the Dragon Kingdom.

There were rumors abound about it in the Elven Kingdom. Lerian let them have the consoles but would not release the Mythic spells he created to manufacture them.

Instead, he told them, "The dragons need to learn how to do this level of enchantment on their own. Items you could have done millennia ago if you had spent the time and effort to expand your knowledge in these areas. It will take time to reverse engineer the enchanting done, but Dragon's have longer lives than us. Time is relative in the scheme of things."

Within 2 years Lerian had his new offhand weapon. And had given Silversond the other sword so she could learn that ability. He then stored it away for now in the armory. Jennasi did become one of his wives. She told Lerian, "What you did for the children impressed me."

He told her, "I gave the instructors orders. I also gave them an optional out that they found workable for most. There are times where a champion cannot force an action, he has to leave it to society as a whole to stand up for what is right."

62 years later the King was assassinated. The head of his spies was found to have conspired with former House Goldeagle, Silverbar, and Silver Ring members who had escaped the purge. Based on the investigation of the 14 Moon Blade holders. With no eligible heirs in the Kings line, Jennasi was forced to rule until the next King became of age.

She stopped open court and had everything scheduled out. She hated Lerian calling her, 'Her Majesty.' The Goldeagle Estate was put into a trust similar to what House Silvertree had but the amounts were larger to each heir. 15 years later and the new King just turned an adult, assumed the throne. Married 2 years after to Lerian and Jennisa's daughter Guldia Goldeagle, named after the twins.

The Lady of Dreams came and performed the Ceremony; separating the Moon Blade from her mother. The blade passed on to her daughter the new Queen. Twenty months later and his first heirs arrived. War struck again in 60-90 cycles.

Jennasi was the first to die at 311 years of age. She was an enchanter but wanted to test something on the battlefield. It worked for a second and then exploded as the area was overrun.

She gave Learian 17 children before going infertile. Melody and Kazzara died the following year a few months apart. It was believed Melody died of a broken heart. Over half the city turned out for her funeral; the famous bard.

Millia died from combat but her sword and body were recovered. She died en route to Quatarsia after the front line had exhausted their healing supplies. Nirra died during the same battle but two miles apart; the battlefield line was far too long. They were both 420 years old.

The news nearly devastated Lerian; losing 2 on the same day. He had gotten called into a strategy meeting to crush this latest surge. The dragons were delayed in arriving to strafe the enemy lines. The additional distance from the homeland and having their field marshal stripped from being in charge were the rumored causes.

7 years later the Dragons departed with their homeland again. This time they did it at night with all contact lost and no forewarning. Even their uplink stopped working and their Sky Diamonds had been taken down when Lerian had them search.

The dwarves moved off to mine further west 70 years later. A large adamantium deposit was discovered by their geological scouts with an ancient dwarven city. Located in the land previously under dragon control. The elves refused to move the eternal forge.

Lerian did secure the forge in place; knowing they had no way to restart it if it was moved. He left it active for now given the unknown status on the Metallic Dragons. The dwarves ensured the tunnels were flooded with Lava to seal off access to the entrance. The best they could do given that it could not be moved or reactivated.

71 years later war once again hit and claimed the life of Fayoni who surrendered her Master training ring to one of her great-grandchildren in the Storm Blade line. The blade moving to the new master trainer as well. Draconic magic became less prevalent.

Chromatic Dragons had dwindled down and stopped participating in these wars or were gone like the metallic dragons. 8 years later Lerian passed in combat; the sword recovered and sent home with greater evil dragon bane added to it. He was 564 years old.

Cresena returned to her tribe to the north where some of her Silvertree children had helped to succeed in rebuilding the population and almost tripled it within her tribe. She did not remarry as she was infertile due to age at that point.

Varus'Nor was assumed by Clerran Silvertree, Great-grandson three generations removed from Nirra's line. A half snow-elf silver-elf. He was a dragon-blooded sorcerer and battle mage who added poison immunity to the sword when he died 74 years later in a border skirmish. He was 207 years old at the time of his death.