Six of a Kind Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah," I replied without looking up. "Just thinking."

"Everything will become clearer once we arrive," Mike sighed.

"What do you care?" I asked, looking the older man in the eyes. "You're gone once you get paid."

The rest of the flight was completed in silence.

We arrived at the Gold Coast a couple hours after leaving Sydney, with only a minor delay while the runway was cleared for our landing. The landing was smooth as butter, and after only a few minutes the plane pulled up to a complete stop and I was walking on solid ground once more. The same attractive woman greeted us as we exited the plane. Wishing us a pleasant stay.

Three men in black shirts and khaki pants stood by a shiny black Mercedes sedan. Two of the three carried rifles like the ones back in Sydney, whilst the third only carried a holstered pistol.

"Welcome to the Gold Coast Mr Blair," the man without a rifle said, opening the door for the two of us. He glanced to me and nodded but didn't say a word.

"Thanks, mate," Mike replied before sliding into the backseat and across to the opposite side, giving me room to join him.

I hadn't brought anything but my backpack with me, so I slid into the back seat and tucked it between my legs. The door closed, and I noticed a man in the driver seat with a polished, clean-shaven head. He didn't glance back with a greeting or even ask where we wanted to go. He simply fired up the engine and started driving.

I checked my phone as we drove, and saw a couple of missed calls from Maya, and a voice message. I'd left her a text message before boarding my place, telling her I had a surprise for her, but hadn't received any reply until now. I plugged a cheap pair of earbuds into my phone before pressing play on the message.

'Hey, Rick. Sorry I haven't been responding as much as I'd like, it's been pretty crazy here. Give me a call when you can. I'm excited for my surprise! Anyway, I already miss you, I know it sounds dumb since we only just met, but I felt like I've known you forever.'

Maya's voice cut-off for a moment, and I heard a man's voice in the background, only I couldn't hear what was being said.

'I have to go. Call me soon and stay out of trouble.'

Hearing Maya's voice again was so intoxicating that I listened to the message three more times, focusing on the man's voice towards the end of the message. The presence of another guy made my jealousy spike, but only for a moment. I still wasn't sure how to treat whatever this was between us. She said she missed me, so I doubted she was jumping into bed with another guy already.

I glanced at Mike to see if he was paying attention, but the older man looked deep in thought as he smoked one of his large cigars. A plume of blueish-grey smoke spiralled upwards and out the tiny gap at the top of his window.

With Mike pre-occupied with who-knows-what, I decided this was the perfect time to call Maya. I had no idea how busy I was going to be when we arrived at where-ever the fuck it was we were going, and I wanted to let her know I was in town. I kept my earbuds in as my phone started ringing.

"Rick!" Maya answered after only a few rings.

"Hey you," I replied, smiling like an idiot. "You got time to talk?"

"Yeah, I've got a couple of minutes," Maya answered. I could hear a bustle of noise behind her that sounded like she was out at a busy café or restaurant. "I'm just at lunch with a friend."

I wanted to ask who the friend was, but I didn't want to come across as jealous.

"That's fine. I can't talk for too long either," I said, trying to sound nonchalant. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm on the Gold Coast."

"What!?" Maya exclaimed excitedly. "How!?"

Just then, Mike slapped me across the head, hard. I winced and glared at the dark-haired man. He stared at me with a serious look, but didn't say a word. The look in his eyes was all I needed to know. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. Mike had discussed this part with me on the flight here. I was to tell no-one what I was doing, or what was going on. The lawyer who was hired to give me the letter was supposed to have explained this to me in greater detail, but I'd given him the slip.

"Ran into an old friend," I lied. "He won big on the lottery. When I suggested a trip to the Gold Coast he jumped at the idea. Said he'd pay for my plane ticket."

"Oh my god! That's great news," Maya gushed, and I was genuinely surprised at her excitement to see me. I knew she liked me, but part of me was expecting her to get over me as soon as I was out of sight. I guess she felt the same way as I did.

"I can't wait to see you again," I grinned like an idiot.

"What are you up to now?" Maya asked.

"One sec," I said, muting my phone and turning to Mike. "Where are we going?"

"Hotel," Mike said, now paying close attention to my phone call.

"We're going to our hotel," I replied to Maya after un-muting my phone.

"How about I come over and we catch up?" Maya replied quickly. "I have some free time in about an hour."

I muted the phone again and glanced at Mike. "Any chance I'll have free time once we arrive?"

"As much as I hate to ruin a booty call," Mike shook his head. "I'm gonna have to say a big no to that one, lad."

"You serious?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, son," Mike sighed. "You'll be meeting with a lawyer once we arrive at the hotel. My instructions are to keep you there, and out of touch of anyone, until they speak with you. I'm guessing it won't be more than a couple of hours. But don't quote me on that."

I un-muted my phone and tried to hide my disgruntled emotions from Maya. "Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be free for a couple of hours at least."

"That's okay," Maya replied. "I have a dinner already planned, but how about I come by tonight? What hotel are you staying at?"

"Tonight, after dinner then?" I grinned and glanced at Mike. "My hotel, one sec."

Mike smirked and tapped away at his phone for a moment before showing me the screen. He'd opened a webpage on his phone, showing the home screen of a hotel and resort company.

"I'm staying at the Lindholm Hotels and Suites."

There was a pause for a moment, and if it wasn't for the busy background noise that came from a hundred people conversing at once, I would have thought the call had dropped out.

"That'll be easy. Text me your room number and I'll let you know when I'll be over," Maya replied.

"Too easy," I grinned. "I'll let you know when I know."

We ended the call with a not-so awkward goodbye, catching myself before blurting out an "I love you.' I doubted I really did love her. We had only met a few days ago and I knew it was just a case of fresh--but amazing--pussy that had me whipped this badly. But, if I was being honest with myself, I could feel something building even before we'd arrive back at my unit the night we met.

The car pulled into a hotel drop-off bay a few minutes later, and we were greeted by a sharply dressed hotel worker, and three men in suits with ear-pieces in. None of the men spoke a word, but the hotel worker reached for my backpack.

"No thanks," I said, shrugging him off.

The employee looked shocked, but didn't say a word. The men in suits stepped forward then, all but surrounding me as they ushered me into the hotel. I went along with them, following Mike, but I thought it all a little overboard. I was here for an inheritance, not for a peace treaty with the United States President.

Mike must have had previous instructions, because he led me straight past reception without anyone saying a word, and straight to the elevators.

"Don't worry, lad," Mike said once we were alone in the lift. "It'll calm down soon enough."

"I still don't know what the hell is going on," I replied, shaking my head.

"I know," Mike sighed. "You'll get answers shortly."

The elevator dinged when we reached the sixteenth floor, and we exited to another two men in suits that followed on my heels as Mike led us down the hall. I spotted another duo of suited men standing outside a room, and expected us to stop there, but we kept going. I was starting to think that these guys were just hotel security. If so, they were a bit overkill for a street kid from Sydney.

"You two can bugger off now," Mike said to the men following us.

"Can't," one of the men said. "We have orders."

"I don't give a fuck 'bout your orders, son," Mike said, stepping up to the men.

Both men were taller than Mike, and broad across the chest. They were also a good ten years younger, but I'd have bet my entire inheritance on Mike at that point. There was a certain level of madness that gave someone an edge. Neither suited man moved a muscle though, so they were either very confident, or extremely disciplined.

"Jack, Henry. That will be enough. You may go now," said a voice from behind me.

I turned to see a tall, thin, dark-skinned man with short-cropped curly hair that was more grey than black. He too was wearing a nice suit, but it looked infinitely more expensive and richer than the goons who had followed us down the hall. His gold ring and watch also told me this guy had money to burn.

"Allo, Hank," Mike said with a grin. "Bloody good to see you again."

"Always a pleasure, Mike," Hank smiled stepping forward to hug Mike. "But please try not to start trouble with the security teams."

"They're spose' to listen to me," Mike said gruffly.

"Only in the absence of myself or one of the Lindholm's," Hank chuckled.

"You never were good at sharing," Mike shook his head grinning.

"You must be Richard," Hank said, turning to me. "I am Hank Anderson; it is a pleasure to meet you."

Hank reached out and clasped my hand in both of his affectionately. His smiled seemed genuine, as if he was meeting a nephew for the first time. I was thrown off by his attitude. Most rich people I met were jerks, especially towards someone like me. I guessed this was the man I was going to get answers from and therefore he knew I had money coming my way.

"You're the guy that's getting me my money," I said, making sure not to phrase it as a question.

"Direct," Hank smiled. "That will serve you well. Too many in this world play the game of subtlety and manipulation. I detest those people."

"Rick here is about as subtle as a sledgehammer," Mike patted me on the back.

"That should go down well with her," Hank chuckled. "But come, let's get inside and talk business."

Hank opened the door to the hotel suite, and I was greeted by something I never thought I'd see. The room was larger than my entire apartment, with floor to ceiling windows looking out over the city. The living room was stepped down, with a bar against one wall and enough seating for a dozen people. The furniture looked expensive, and I was sure one of the white-leather couches was worth more than all my possessions combined.

A large island counter of dark grey, black and chrome divided the open plan style, and accentuated the fully stocked kitchen. Further inside, I could see a set of blackened steel stairs with no handrail, leading up to a loft style bedroom.

"Woah," I said, glancing around the room. "Is this the penthouse?"

I heard Hank chuckle from behind me. "No, but it is one of the finer suites in the building."

"Why not the penthouse?" I asked, turning to face Hank and Mike. "I'm guessing this building is mine, or at least part of it. Lindholm hotels, same as the man who signed my letter. The man claiming to be my grandfather."

I had expected to surprise or shock Hank with my revelation, but if I did, he hid it well. Instead, he looked at me with a pleasant smile, as if he was proud.

"You're a sharp one," Hank replied. "In part, yes, this building belongs to your family. But not to you alone."

"So, who's in the penthouse? My dad?" I asked.

"Your sister."

The news hit me like a punch in the gut. I had a sister. The prospect of having a sibling hadn't entered my mind once during this entire ordeal. I had been given up for adoption for God knows what reason, and left an inheritance letter by my grandfather who also seemed to be dying. Why would they bother adopting me out if my sister was staying in the family, and why bother with an inheritance. I could have gone my entire life without knowing about this and there wouldn't be any issue about sharing.

It would be just my luck to be landed with a rich, brat of a sister.

"Let's take a seat," Hank said, gesturing to some armchairs positioned around a low, circular coffee table. "We have a few things to discuss."

I took a seat, and Hank took the one across from me. Mike didn't sit with us, instead he moved over to the bar, and picked out a bottle from the collection.

"So...tell me what the deal is," I said.

"You, Richard, are one of six who will be inheriting pieces of your grandfather's empire," Hank explained.

"Who are the others?" I asked. "I'm guessing one of them is my sister."

"Correct," Hank nodded. "But I am not at liberty to divulge the identity of the others at this moment Security and all."

"What is it exactly that I'll be getting then," I sighed, wondering if there was a way to get what was mine and get out of here. I was starting to feel trapped, and I just wanted to see Maya already.

"The exact details of the split will be revealed in a will reading this tomorrow evening, when the remainder of the inheritor's arrive," Hank explained. "For now, I'll need you to sign some paperwork. Mostly formalities and non-disclosure agreements that are only binding until after the will reading takes place. And one that states you cannot leave the hotel premise until the reading takes place. This is to ensure your safety and the safety of the other inheritor's still to arrive."

"So, I'm being held here against my will?" I asked, a little incredulous.

"You may leave whenever you wish...before signing the paperwork," Hank replied.

I was feeling cornered and trapped. My fight or flight response was telling me to get the first flight out of town and away from this mess. Who cares if I was poor, I was happy, wasn't I? But another part of me; a big part, was telling me to go for it. I had the chance to make life-changing money, and all I had to do was sign a bit of paperwork and stay in a fancy hotel for a few days. Maya was till in town, and Hank said nothing about having visitors of my own.

Plus, I'd be able to treat Maya to some expensive booze and room service. If I declined, I'd probably miss my chance to see her again.

"Alright," I nodded. "Were do I sign?"

I spent close to an hour going over the paperwork with Hank. I didn't know much about the process and relied heavily on him to explain this for me, but I went over each document and read all the fine print. Hank seemed impressed with my diligence, commenting how the other inheritors hadn't been half as thorough as I was.

"And here's your first perk," Hank said as I signed my name on the final line. "Your Centurion American Express card."

Hank handed me a black credit card with the name R.J McMillon marked in the bottom left corner. The card was pure metal, and felt odd compared to my cheap, plastic debit card which held a total of a dollar twenty at the moment. I'd never owned a credit card, nor had I ever wanted one. They just seemed like a trick to get you to spend money you didn't have. A few friends of mine had them, and they always seemed to be paying interest off rather than their debts.

"No real money?" I joked, holding the card up.

"Not until the will reading," Hank smiled. "For now, you may use that for anything you wish."

"What's the limit?" asked.

"There isn't one," Hank winked. "Just don't go buying any Ferrari's."

"So that's why I'm locked up in here," I grinned. "I'm more of a Lamborghini guy anyway."

Hank let out a pleasant chuckle and patted me on the shoulder. "You'll be just fine, Richard. Don't worry, I've got your back. So does Mike."

I glanced over to see Mike smoking a large cigar and sipping on a glass of liquor. I had forgotten he was here for awhile.

"You're not taking off with all your money?" I asked the dark-haired man.

"Nah, I like you kid," Mike grinned. "I think I'll stick around."

A knock sounded at the door, and Hank frowned as the interruption. He obviously hadn't been expecting anyone so soon. Mike was on his feet quicker than either Hank or me, and was at the door in three quick strides, flinging the door open. A young man in a white collared shirt showing the hotels logo stood in the doorway, his hand raised as if he were about to knock again.

"The fuck do you want?" Mike asked in a gruff tone.

"I've been asked to deliver this letter," the young man said in a nervous tone. He stretched out a trembling hand to Mike.

"Alright then," Mike said, snatching the letter from the young man. "You can fuck off now."

Without waiting, Mike slammed the door shut and crossed the room, handing the letter to me.

"I love your work," I chuckled as I took the letter.

"I thought you might get a kick out of that," Mike winked.

"You two are going to be trouble," Hank laughed softly.

I opened the letter without any of the trepidation I'd had with the one from my grandfather. I was in too deep to be bothered now, and more information was only going to help me come out the other end of this cesspool.

Dearest brother,

I require your presence in the penthouse suite at your earliest convenience.

The letter was well written, but it was short and blunt. It wasn't even signed, although the handwriting was immaculate.

"Guess I've been summoned," I scoffed.

"The reading shouldn't be until tomorrow evening at the earliest" Hank said, obviously surprised by the letter.

"Maybe she just wants to meet," I shrugged. "Do you know her?"

"We've met," Hank nodded. "But I have reframed from getting to know any of the inheritor's so as to stay impartial."

"Well, we better not keep the princess waiting," Mike puffed on his cigar before downing the remainder of his drink.

"Let's go," I nodded.

The two suited men at my door sprang into action as soon as I exited, with one moving ahead of me as we walked, while the other lagged behind. They must have known what was in the letter, because neither of them asked where we were going.

We reached the main lifts we'd come up in earlier and stepped inside. I glanced at the buttons displaying the levels of the building but didn't see anything above the sixteenth floor. Then one of the guards pulled a card from his jacker and swiped it over the reader. The machine chimed, and flashed a green light before the lift began to ascend.

"A hidden floor," I said, more than a little impressed.

"Rich folk know how to make things exclusive," Mike whispered.

It looked like those guests who wanted a top-level experience weren't actually on the top level.

We reached the penthouse level after a few seconds, and the doors chimed as they slid open. The guards stepped out and to each side, pausing just on the threshold beside two other men with equally serious expressions on their face.

The elevator opened out into a foyer type room with multiple doors. A set of heavy wooden double doors stood open to my right, leading into the penthouse proper. I took about a dozen steps in before realising Mike hadn't followed me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, turning back to the dark-haired man.

"I think it best you do this one alone," Mike said. "Don't worry, lad. I'll be right here waiting for you."

"Thanks, Mike."

I stepped into the penthouse proper, walking by a curved bar that could seat half a dozen people comfortably. The room opened up drastically the deeper in I travelled. Large, floor to ceiling windows ran along the entire length of the far wall, letting in the afternoon sunshine. My entire apartment could have fit in this living area five times over. The apartment was ridiculously opulent for no other reason than it could be.