Sky High After Dark: Legacy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Done," Aron stated when he put Veil into sleep mode. However, he did leave the external mic on so he and Veil could go over anything they might find interesting.

"Follow me," Sara ordered opening the door to a sterile hallway that was devoid of anything that showed off that people occupied that floor. Sliding her keycard through the reader and punching her code into the pad before the light turned green. "This way," she said, over the noise that greeted him upon entering. A sense of pride formed in her heart for her men as they rose and gave Aron the respect he has earned. They all had watched the explosion when Aron had gone to stop that group of terrorists. How she had to hold back her emotions when she had to stand there and watch the rubble of that building raining down. Had to keep her knees from buckling out from under her when her obsession was taken from her. For six days she was a mess when she was alone in her apartment. For six days she wondered why he would have done that when he has always stated he wasn't a hero. It wasn't until she read the report filed by the European group that were there on the ground that she learned that Aron had no choice but to sacrifice himself to save the world. It wasn't every day one of the humans that were born with abilities worked with them. She knew all the government teams had failed except for one, yet they didn't know how deep they had to dig just to find that out. "I believe you three know each other," Sara introduced Aron to the room.

"Thank you, we had no idea how we were going to get out of there with the amount of fire power they were bringing down," Fox said, holding out his hand in gratitude.

Aron simply nodded. "What do I say? Yeah, I was surprised myself?" Shaking the notion from his mind as he shook the man's hand.

"Void, please will you have a seat? We, I mean Agent Winter, here," gesturing to Fox, "has a proposal he would like to put forward to you," Sara said, closing the door.

"Oh?" Hearing Sara pulling out her chair as he took his seat.

"We need you to become a hero," Sara spoke with an amused grin as she leaned back in her seat when his head snapped towards her.

"Come again?!" Aron uttered in confusion.

"Do you remember this?" Hitting the button on the remote, switching over to the raw footage she had taken of that day. Flashing him an apologetic look, "I know you don't wish to be known as a hero, yet a hero is what we need."

"The group you saved us from yesterday was a small band of ex-black ops operatives sent by one of the last remaining off-the-books government funded super teams, or it was until Congress cut their funding. Then they went into business for themselves. While I'm sure most have no knowledge of their crimes, yet we can't be sure without infiltrating their base," Fox said, taking over. "We know what you did in Sapphire City, and as fortunate as the city is to be the birthplace of Nightshade, she isn't around that much these days since she teamed up with that group. We have it on good authority that she's interested in meeting the hero that saved that little girl. So with your permission we'd like to let her know through her own contacts that you can be reached through our own personnel."

"This will be a joint mission between us and the FBI. Given how Agent Winter and his partner are known to them this will be handled in house. This way they," gesturing towards Fox, "are safe until this is taken to court, so you can't do what you normally do for us," Sara said, cutting in. "However, I know some of them might not wish to go to prison for the crimes we've been able to uncover," pushing the folder towards him, "as you can see these 'heroes' are not the heroes we've come to think they are," she stated seeing how Aron was flipping through the file. "Can we count on you for this mission?"

"My fee still stands, yes?" Aron asked, absorbing everything to memory.

"Yes, we will agree to your payment," Sara nodded.

"And you want to take them alive?" Aron inquired, closing the file.

"As many as you can."

"They might not give me that choice," Aron stated pushing the file back to Sara.

"Then I'll give you the order, until then they are to remain alive," Sara commanded in a firm tone.

"Fine. I'll do it," Aron said, keeping his emotions in check. He knew with what he has done he was no hero, heroes do not lie, cheat, steal, smuggle drugs and people, operate a crime syndicate, nor do they kill. No, these people were not heroes. His family were heroes, if he had to put a label on his own actions, he would probably be called a villain. Something he didn't mind, sure he's done some heroic acts, saved a lot of lives that many didn't know that their own lives were in danger. Still, that didn't make him a hero, he only did what needed to be done.

"I promise you, once the mission is over, I'm sure the shadows will be happy to have you back," Sara said, while keeping her voice calm and level, she hoped he knew she knew how much this was going to cut against the fabric of his being.

An hour had passed since his arrival. The door released a metal groan as the hinges squeaked from lack of maintenance as Sara led Aron back out onto the roof after getting another kiss in. She couldn't let Aron leave without tasting his lips once again. Who knew when they would be able to get some alone time together.

"I'll be in touch once we get in contact with Nightshade," Sara said, the wind playfully lifted her light brown hair as they stood beside Aron's jet bike. "I'm free tomorrow night, if you want to come and see me," she uttered bashfully. Her brown eyes glanced away, her cheeks heating feeling his eyes on her from beneath his mask.

"Same time?" How her heart raced when those words left his lips. She couldn't stop how her body heated when she recounted what his lips felt like upon her breasts, nor could she stop how her mound was moistening, either. She's always had a thing for those with superpowers, given how she wasn't born with any. With Aron working so close with her, her obsession was centered on him. She didn't care if he was twelve years younger than she was. She didn't care if he slept with his family members. Something she knew long before Aron even knew thanks to the bug she had planted long ago. What mattered to her was she had her own superpowered man to fuck, to ride, to make love to.

"Of course, I'll leave the same scarf on the door," Sara said, placing her hands behind her back to show off her 36C breasts.

"Until then," Aron spoke, giving her a nod before taking off.

"Void?"

"Yes, Veil?" Aron answered switching the HUD to night vision as he flew home.

"You sure that this course of action is wise?"

"Wise? Probably not... Veil?"

"Hmm?"

"How many times have you asked me that?" Aron asked, he had a feeling that she has done so on many occasions with his past self.

"865 times, five times in this present era."

"Did my past self get into trouble often?"

"Get into? No. Yet you did have a habit of finding it."

"Well, isn't that refreshing," Aron muttered low. He just hoped that this time he didn't have to be so... heroic. Being blown up and almost dying was not something he was eager to repeat... ever again. "Veil?"

"Yes, Void?"

"Can I ask you a hypothetical question?" Aron asked, knowing he was going to have to bring it up sooner or later. He couldn't very well make her a new body and not ask how she wanted to look.

"Affirmative."

"Say, if, and I say if, you were given the chance to transfer your program into a body what would you like it to appear like?"

"I... don't know, I've never given it any thought. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you're always stuck with me wherever I go. I thought what if you had your own body. You know to keep the boredom at bay," Aron said, hoping she wouldn't read too much into that.

"The parameters of this answer can be anything?"

"Sure, why not, this is just a hypothetical anyway," Aron nodded, which was a lie. He would use it as a base for when he grafted the skin to the shell that would fit over the innards of Veil's new body. Unaware of the lights flashing along the rows that housed Veil's program on the base's mainframe as she computed the answer to his question.

"Void, would you mind if I get back to you with my answer?"

"No, Veil, take your time, no rush," Aron said, the lights of the city lighting his way towards home.

Chapter 3

Aron yawned loudly as he walked, groggily into the main kitchen. The cobwebs of his sleep were a thing of the past as he stared unblinking and downright befuddled at what was playing out on the TV.

"Did you hear about Firelight and the new, shy hero they call Void?" asked one of the female hosts that sat around the table that held a sign that read 'Metaville Today' on the front of it.

"Mmmhmm, I sure did," cooed the rather attractive black woman that sat across from her. "I wonder if Firelight makes him keep the mask on when they... you know?" He felt his blood cooling, praying that they weren't talking about what he thought they were as the audience laughed along with the hostesses of the morning show. His head quickly snapped to the right at the sound of Lyla's giggle. A sense of déjà vu washed over him as she had that same sparkle in her eye the morning after the bank heist he was sent to foil.

"They've been talking about you and Issy all morning," Lyla said into her mug, referring to her sister in her pet name she gave her after they had bonded as sisters.

"Please, tell me she didn't do anything?!" Aron pleaded with his older sister that his other one hadn't screwed him over. He so didn't like that smile on her face when she took a sip of her coffee.

"Here's a clip from last night..."

"No!" Aron's wail was hauntingly eerie as it drifted through the house. Then Lyla's laughter soon followed as the show typed out along their news reel in big, bold, white letters that said: "Firelight and Void to be married!'

"For those that have not seen him, yet have heard of his exploits, or just can't remember what he looks like due to his reclusiveness. Here's a clip from yesterday taken by some unknown bystander, acquired by channel ten, The Daily Sun studios in Sapphire City." Aron groaned when they replayed that same video as he snatched the phone off the wall to lay into Isabel. "And here today as a special guest from Sapphire City, is their very own Nightshade!" Aron's finger stopped in mid-dial; the studio lights played perfectly along her skin that was the color of a rich dark coffee. Whose natural ebony curls framed that angelic face of hers so masterfully that, for a split second, he thought the gods were real. Aron was adrift on those soulful brown eyes as they stared into the camera.

"I know you're in this city. I know you have no reason to meet with me, yet I would be honored if you would join me on the roof of the tallest building in the city in one hour."

"Aron?!" Lyla asked, in a worried tone when a strange look came upon Aron's face. "Where are you going?!"

"Don't follow me," Aron said sternly, seeing Lyla's shocked eyes as the doors rolled closed.

"Void, is something wrong?"

"It's started," Aron said, stripping off the shirt he wore last night.

"Shall I enact protocol 37?"

"Yes, how soon will the bugs be completed?" Aron asked, wiggling out of his pajama pants. "It's too damn early for this shit," he grumbled in his mind.

"Two days. Shall I halt their construction?"

"No, we're going to need those," Aron stated pulling down his mask as he walked towards the exit nearly colliding into Lyla.

"Aron, what's going on? You're not acting like yourself," Lyla said, in a kind, loving, older sister voice as she took Aron by the arms.

"I can't talk about it, I know you're worried, it will be fine," Aron uttered reassuringly placing a kiss on her forehead. "Now, I have to go."

"Please, Aron, talk to us!" Lyla screamed after him as she watched him disappearing down the tunnel.

******

"Thank you for coming, Void," Nightshade greeted the moment Aron brought his jet bike to a hover.

"You wanted to talk to me, why?" Aron asked and greeted as he shook her hand.

"One: to personally thank you for saving that little girl and being there when I couldn't. Two: to bring you an invitation to tour our base for a week," Nightshade said, holding out a palm-sized obelisk that served as the key to the front gate.

"Okay, but why?" Aron asked, playing hard to get.

"The whole world has seen that video by now. You held a 12-ton personnel carrier one handily, something like that doesn't go unnoticed for long. We know you pair up with the superhero group that works within this city, and we accept that, we have no wish to come between you're work here. We simply think, with your powers, you could do more good in a more global sense. As per my leader's greeting to you. So please accept this invitation to join us at our base and I'll personally give you the tour of the place. The Sovereign Crusaders is a place where someone like you, with your strength, could help so many, not just here. I know that comes off as a sales pitch, but it's the truth. You can do some good to help make this a better world!"

Aron watched the truth, as she believed of those words, burning in her eyes. He could tell just by his time fighting the scum of the earth she wasn't one of them. "Can I think on it?" Aron asked, softening his tone.

"Of course, here," pulling out a small business card from the left sleeve of her midnight blue super suit, "call this number when you decide on what you're going to do," Nightshade said, with a warm smile on her lips. "I do hope you come."

Aron arched an eyebrow as it appeared to him that she was sinking into the roof, when in reality she was sinking into the shadows in the late morning sun. Looking around for any type of aircraft taking off, spotting one lifting off three blocks away. Filing that information away in a secret file on the mainframe in case it came to blows, and something told him it would.

"Void, there's a pastry shop six hundred feet to your left and below you. I've already place an order for you." Veil's voice played in his ears as he was flying back to his home.

"Veil?!"

"You're my father, you need to eat. You do have a habit of putting off a meal."

"Alright, alright, I'm going," Aron grumbled. He really wished his counterpart had left an explanation of why he made Veil sound like his mother when she speaks like that. "Park it on the roof," he ordered as he walked past stunned pedestrians towards the shop's entrance. Instantly he knew it was a bad idea when cameras came whipping out. Growing impatient as he stood in line, feeling their eyes upon him. Sighing in his mind when he finally stepped up to the counter. "Void." Watching the college student robotically fetch his order like he had done it a million times -- which he probably had. It wasn't until the young man handed off the items that he finally noticed Aron in his costume. "Thanks... can I get another orange juice?" Aron asked, when he took the bag and the rather small bottle from his shaky hands. "Hey, are you out on a call?" Aron spoke into the mic once Troy answered his phone as he walked out after paying for his extra juice.

"No, just sitting waiting for one, why?"

"Wondering if you want this extra danish I got?"

"Sure, yeah, if you don't want it. Wait. Does that mean you're in the city?"

"Yeah, been a busy morning," Aron chuckled as he took off towards his brother's place of work.

"Alright, you can tell me about it when you get here. I'll meet you on the roof."

******

"So... what brought you into the city so early?" Troy asked, nodding his thanks when he took the cheese danish from his brother and the bottle of orange juice.

"Had to meet someone," Aron said, offhandedly.

"Yeah. I heard about it. The nurses down in the ER have been talking about it nonstop. So, why did this Nightshade want to meet with you?" Troy asked before taking a bite.

"To offer me something," Aron said, trying not to give out too much so soon.

"Does this have something to do with the reason you were in Sapphire City in the first place?" Troy inquired, his icy blue eyes ran down his brother's face, seeing the stubble coming in on Aron's chin.

"Yeah," Aron muttered, deep in thought.

"I take it whatever you're going to be getting into is going to be dangerous?" Troy was silent for a moment after Aron nodded to his question. "Aron, why are you doing this? You say you're not a hero, then why are you putting yourself in danger?"

"Because... I'm the only one that can," Aron sighed, tossing his empty bottle in the bag.

"Bullshit! There're hundreds of heroes that probably could do what you're doing now..."

"Maybe, but none of them have the access I do," Aron said, holding up the obelisk that Nightshade had given him.

"You're working with somebody aren't you?" Troy would have to be content with the nod Aron gave him. "How big are we talking?"

"Big."

"I see, you know we'll help you out, Aron, if or when you need help."

"Yeah, it's what I'm counting on, just not right now," Aron said, seeing the smile on his brother's face when he said that.

"I have to head back," glancing down at the time on his phone, "we're still going to go see that comet right?" Troy asked, with excitement in his voice.

"Of course," Aron said, grinning as he pulled down his mask. "Getting the sample containers ready as we speak."

"Sweet, can't wait, see you at home, thanks for the danish," Troy said, waving goodbye to Aron as he lifted off the roof. "Be careful, li'l brother," he muttered low watching Aron disappearing into the distance.

"Fuck!" Aron groaned in his mind as Lyla, Tazia, and Aminah stood there with their arms crossed, perturbed looks on their faces as he powered down the jet bike.

"We know you can't talk about a lot of the details, yet there are some things you can tell us, we're worried Aron. You've been secretive ever since we all come back from the moon," Lyla said, stepping forward.

"You just can't keep disappearing like you have," Tazia spoke, her hands rubbing along her belly. "You're going to be a daddy soon, our baby is going to need you," she said, gazing at him in a loving light.

"I know you're still working for them, and we know you can take care of yourself," Aminah said, ambling towards her nephew. "You saved us after all," she cooed shooting her lover a seductive smirk. "Even if it's the basics we just want to know you're not in over your head," leaning forward when Aron pulled off his mask, "I know about level three. You spend a lot of time down there. I'd like to help. You know I'm good with my hands," Aminah purred low in his ear.
"Sorry, this is a project that I can handle alone. It's not that I don't doubt your skills Aminah, because I don't. It's just that I want this to be a surprise to everyone, at once," Aron said, staring deeply into those blue eyes of hers.

"You know, Aron, I can get around Veil's systems. You know I have lived here longer; I know this mainframe inside and out even if I didn't know it was Veil's brain at the time. So, I will find that room one way or another. It would just be easier and safer for whatever you're working on if you just let me in. Then we can work in secret together," Aminah cooed in a wanton purr as she used her mental powers along with her hand to stroke Aron's manhood. "Yes, you like that don't you Aron. You, me, alone, doing experiments." Her eyes flashed in a hungry light as she made Aron mutter: 'Fuck! "You know I'm the only one who can keep up with you, and understand you, don't shut me out," she whispered her plea before sensuously kissing her nephew while she brought pleasure to that hard bayonet in her hand.