Sky High After Dark

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No! You won't stop me!"

"Finish it! I'll hold him," Vera said, taking hold of the robot's left arm.

"Crack damn you!" Aron growled before striking the spot for a third time. His fist rapidly hammered on the spot once an imperfection was formed. Spinning around on his knees, his hands grabbed hold of the lip of the metal due to the hole he had finally made. Planting his feet, his veins bulging as the metal groaned in the fight of wills. The metal pinged and rang as it skidded across the street. Narrowing his eyes at the teenager he saw in the pilot's seat. He couldn't be older than he was. Still, that didn't mean Aron was going to be merciful with the boy. Listening to the boy's grunts and rasps as his hand tightened around his scrawny neck as Aron lifted him out of the seat.

"You can't do this... you're a hero," the boy rasped beating his hands against Aron's arms.

"Whoever said I was a hero?" Aron asked darkly, as he started to slowly squeeze. Tossing the boy aside as his mother placed her hand on his shin. "I need a pick up."

"Roger. Ten seconds."

"You don't..." Vera's voice stilled as she watched her son leaping into the air. Noting how his left hand took hold of the handle bar before the jet bike took off. Sighing to herself as she watched the contrails fading in his wake. "Firelight see to Mariner while I check on Ice," Vera said, looking up at her daughter. Wondering how her son's lips felt against her daughter's. "Lay still Troy," Vera whispered as her son as he came to.
"Dang bro, you took one massive blast," Lyle teased his little brother. "You sure you're a superhero? I mean even Aron had to save your butt."

"W-w-what?" Troy stammered as his head pounded like a jackhammer. Sure that he heard his older brother wrong.

"Oh yeah, came in here, got electrocuted, still got up and demolished that thing," Lyle said, looking over at the ruined robot as the cops led the kid away.

"How is he?" Vera asked worryingly, as Isabel slowly floated down to the street supporting her father.

"Arm is broken so are a few ribs," Noah grunted in pain.

"Then let's get the two of you to the hospital."

******

"Shall I register your biometrics?"

"I don't know, this was only like a one time deal," Aron said, tiredly.

"Why?"

"I'm not a hero," Aron repeated as he neared the entrance to the hidden tunnel.

"So? Void wasn't a hero either, yet he still protected the people and ended many villain's lives."

"Wait... do what?" Aron said, confused.

"Shall I show you?"

"Yes, but not when I'm flying."

"Understood, loading video and waiting on your command."

"What do I call you anyway?" Aron asked, as the lights of the bike illuminated walls of the tunnel.

"My creator called me V.E.I.L (Virtual Empathetic Intelligent Lifeform). Would you like to change it?"

"No, I kind of like it," Aron admitted.

"So do I."

"Did he give you that personality too?"

"Yes."

"Would you mind if I took a look at your hardware?" Aron asked, as he got off the jet bike once he had returned to his families base.

"I have no qualms about that."

"You got to be the most agreeable AI I have ever encountered," Aron joked as he walked through his family's base.

"Have you encountered many like me?"

"Unfortunately," Aron admitted. Staring up at the plaque that had 'Lab' written on it. Scowling when he couldn't access it.

"One moment." Arching an eyebrow as a list of numbers ran down the built-in screen. Punching in the numbers that appeared on the screen. Aron looked around the lab and the dust coating the surfaces due to lack of use for years. While the equipment was old, even he had to admit whoever invented them was a genius as he powered up the instruments he needed.

"Veil, this circuitry is amazing," Aron said in awe, as he studied the electronics of the coat beneath a magnifying glass.

"Thank you."

"Although... I think you've been sitting for too long," Aron stated as he sat in his underwear with only the mask on.

"Why do you say that?"

"You have a few pathways that're burnt out."

"Can you...?"

"I think so, but I'm going to need my tools," Aron said, looking up at the ceiling of the lab. "Tell me Veil, what was he like?" he asked, as he walked through the command center towards the elevator. "Well, I have to agree with his assessment. One less villain in the world makes life easier."

"Void would agree with you."

"So he was an anti-hero?" Aron asked, as the cab shot upwards.

"That's a good assessment. Just like you with that boy today. I noted how your hand muscles were a fraction of a second away in snapping his neck." Aron said nothing to that, how could he it was the truth after all. "What's that?"

"Veil meet Bob, Bob meet Veil," Aron introduced the two AI systems. "Bob isn't ready yet, but he's getting there," he said, lightly patting his creation on its small head.

"Interesting." Grabbing his tools and Bob since he had a genuine lab at his command.

******

Few hours later...

Isabel screamed in fright as a flying spider-like thing floated before her once the jet car they used for the members of their family that couldn't fly powered down. Watching it zip away to where she didn't know.

"Lyle help your father to his room," Vera said taking charge, as Troy and Noah were moving slowly due to their injures. "Troy you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a concussion. My ice armor took most of the impact," Troy said, wincing at the pounding of his head.

"Still why don't you go lay down too," Vera said, in a motherly voice. Knowing she was going to have to sweet talk Aron into filling in for his father until Noah got back on his feet. Tilting her head, holding up her hand as she heard the sound of Aron's voice in the command center. "Aron? What are you doing in here?" Vera asked, standing in the doorway of the lab her father had sealed off. She tried not to laugh at how odd he looked only wearing Void's mask and trying not to allow her eyes to move down her son's near naked state.

"Working," Aron said, in a matter-of-fact tone. He had repaired the pathways in the coat, he was currently studying the circuitry of the gloves.

"But how did you get in here? The lab was sealed for a reason."

"Veil opened it," Aron stated tapping the mask at his mother's confused look.

"Can we talk?" Vera asked, stepping up to the table hearing Lyle and Isabel walking in behind her.

"Don't touch anything," Aron warned as Lyle's hand reached out to tinker with the equipment that he had no idea yet of what it was for. "What is it?" he asked, returning back to his task.

"We need you to fill in for your father until he's recovered," Vera said truthfully, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't we have other family members that like playing hero for that? Veil run a diagnostic on the gloves," Aron spoke as he supplied power to them.

"Can you take the mask off and look at me?" Scowling when Aron sighed, watching as the fabric moved along his skin, ruffling his hair before leaving his body altogether. "Aron I understand why you don't want to wear the costume," placing her hand on his right shoulder, "yet we need you. Until your brother's concussion has passed and your father's arm and ribs have healed. We'll be at a disadvantage. Do you really want us to go out there and never come back?" Vera asked, laying on the guilt trip. She knew it was an underhanded move, yet she wanted to show her son that people were worth saving. "Please honey, just for the month then you can go back to never wearing it again."

"One condition."

"Which is?" Vera uttered arching an eyebrow.

"I get to use this place unhindered," Aron said, peering at his mother.

"I have a counter offer," Vera said, keeping her lustful smile from showing. "You can tinker away in here all you want, only if you train with us. Our team work is only as good as our cooperation with each other."

"Fine, fine. Now can I get back to work?"

"Be ready we start your training early," Vera said, placing a kiss top of his head.

"So Aron..." Her fingertips skimmed along the tables surface, "how are you feeling after I gave you mouth to mouth," Isabel whispered heatedly in his ear.

"Fine, why?" Aron asked, wondering why she had added the tongue.

"It's just I thought that with your brush with death you might need some... companionship," Isabel whispered lustfully. "You can tell me Aron," her left hand danced down his naked chest. "It's what big sisters are for," she uttered brushing her nose along his cheek. "That and fucking me with that cock of yours," Isabel quickly added to herself. Her green eyes glinted as her fingertips teased the waistband of his boxers. Wondering if she could get a peek at what her brother was packing.

"Umm... yeah," Aron mumbled removing Isabel's hand from his chest.

"Well," stretching her arms up above her head causing her breasts to rise a few inches from her brother's face, "you know where to find me if you need to talk. I'm go take a long soak, I feel all dirty," Isabel said, her fingers running along Aron's shoulders as she walked behind him. Hoping his mind would ponder on the innuendo.

"Aron! Dinner!" Vera's voice came over the intercom as Aron had tinkered away for hours in that lab. "Come up before it gets cold."

"Go. Like my circuits your body needs fuel."

"If I didn't know any better Veil it sounds like you care," Aron joked as he pulled off the mask.

"Of course, I do. You are my creator." Her words went unheard as Aron walked out the door.

"You made the news Aron," Troy said, as his brother walked into the kitchen.

"They've been playing it for hours now," Isabel spoke flashing her brother a salacious smile.

"See," Vera said, pointing to the small TV that sat on the counter as they all sat around the table. "Not bad for your first showing," she cooed with a smirk.

"Don't get used to it," Aron muttered as he read the news reel. Glancing over at his father as he winced as he shifted in his seat.

"You okay dear?" Vera asked, placing her hand on his uninjured arm.

"I'm getting too old for broken ribs," Noah groaned. So glad they gave him pain killers.

"Few weeks you'll be as good as new," Troy said, lightly patting his father's shoulder as he walked towards his chair once he had gotten himself something to drink.

"Honey could you add a little ice to this?" Vera asked, holding up her glass. "Thanks baby," she purred her fingers lightly danced down the back of Troy's hand.

"Tell me Aron, what was that thing I saw when we got back?" Isabel inquired; her sultry eyes smirked at him as her foot ran up the inside of Aron's right leg.

"A slave drone," Aron said matter-of-factly, reaching under the table batting her foot away. Only to have it return to its softly rubbing his calf.

"What for?" Lyle asked, wondering if he could borrow it to freak their sister out due to her great dislike of spiders.

"Classified."

"Honey, you can tell us, it isn't like we're going to tell someone," Vera stated taking a bite of her food.

"It's designation is for surveillance," Aron replied, "that's all I'm going to say about it."

"Why?" Lyle queried taking a sip of his drink. Morphing his tongue curling it around an ice cube smirking at his mother and sister at what he could do with it within their hot little mounds.

"Can't say," Aron muttered as he dug into his food.

"I hope it's not for something nefarious like spying on me and Isabel in the shower," Vera teased enjoying how red her son's face was getting. Their conversation stopped as a breaking news report came on.

"A little over an hour ago an armed group stormed the First Coast bank just before quitting time. We are uncertain of the number of hostages that are still within the building. As you can see Metaville PD has cordoned off the surrounding block..." All turned as Aron's phone went off.

"Hello?" Aron answered getting up from his seat.

"It's time to test out that drone of yours Aron," his handler spoke.

"But it isn't ready for field testing yet?!" Aron said, walking into his family's living room.

"Well, think of this as its beta test, and do wear that costume. I'll send coordinates on where we can meet." Sighing loudly he didn't want to know how she knew it was him in Void's costume.

"Aron?! Where are you going?" Vera asked, worryingly as the door to their hidden elevator opened.

"Work." Was the only word he said as the doors rolled closed.

"My analyses says you haven't eaten enough."

"Yeah, blame my boss," Aron grumbled as he slipped the mask on as he walked towards the jet bike. "Veil tie in with Bob's interface and my phone," he commanded as the jet engine started.

"Done."

"Good," Aron muttered as he checked one last time to ensure Bob's feet were secured to the lining of his coat.

"Aron..." Vera's voice stilled as she watched her son zip off to who knows where. Turning her head as the rest of her family filed out of the elevator.

"Where's Aron?" Noah asked, looking around for his son.

"Rushed off somewhere," Vera said, worry was etched on her face. Wondering if she should suit up and follow after her son.

"Then let's see where he went," Noah said, in a fatherly voice as he walked over to the computer station that ran the majority of the systems within their base.

"Let's suit up you three," Vera said, looking at her two uninjured children.

"He's within the city." Noah's voice came over the intercom. "Troy's sending the homing beacon to the jet car as we speak."

"Thanks honey," Vera said with a smile, as she climbed in behind the wheel.

"Bring our son home safely," Noah said, over the speakers as Vera shot out of the tunnel as top speed.

******

"Glad you could make it," her light brown hair undulated in the wind as she turned to peer at Aron as his jet bike set down on the roof of the building across from the bank where the robbers held their captives hostage, "did you bring it?" she asked, her equally brown eyes slyly ran down Aron's body.

"Yes, but I told you Bob isn't ready for field testing yet so don't blame me if he doesn't live up to your specs," Aron grumbled as he approached his handler noting the two others watching the action below them.

"We'll see," she said, turning back to the bank. "We can't tap into the security system of the bank to see where they have the hostages. So the swat team and the heroes," pointing down at them, "can't raid the bank to apprehend them without putting their lives at risk."

"And how is this an NSA issue?" Aron asked, looking at her knowing she couldn't see the look he was shooting her.

"For a son of heroes you aren't all that..."

"Never said I was, nor does my file state that," Aron said, cutting off the man at the far end.

"We have intel that those people have ties to a group we've been hunting down, hence why I was busy," his handler said, gesturing towards the bank. "We would like to be able to take them unharmed. Hence why I asked for you since you've undergone our training. I want you to be the one who takes them alive. I know you'll be able to do it. I have faith in you."

"You better be treating me to dinner since you've ruined mine. What's your com frequency?' Tying in Veil once she told him the frequency and patching Bob's video stream to his handler's phone.

"I don't have to tell you to be careful, do I?" she asked, with a smirk.

"No," Aron stated before leaping the gap between the two buildings.

*****

"What is he doing?" Vera muttered as she watched her son ripping off the metal plate before sliding it across the roof of the bank.

"And who are those people?" Isabel asked, standing beside her mother, the jet car hovered behind them while they spied on their brother from a taller adjacent building.

"Looks like government types," Lyle muttered.

Vera chewed on her thumb nail as Aron took something out of his coat and placing it in the junction box. Pondering just what her son had gotten involved with.

"Lyle go be our ears," Vera commanded.

"Sure thing Mom," Lyle said, before morphing into a fly.

Placing her finger to her ear as her eyes glanced to her right wondering if Aron was talking to them. Wondering why he would be even working with these people. If he was what did they have on her son to get him to work with them?

"Found them." Vera's eyes widened at the sound of her son's voice.

"Yes, I see. I wasn't suspecting they would split them up. This will be tricky." Vera arched an eyebrow at the sound of the woman's voice. Wondering what she was to her son. Wondering why she felt a small tinge of jealousy.

"Bob can close the vault doors and turn on the air so the people won't suffocate and have the drones spray the micro filament to keep them out of the office the others had been placed in."

"Okay, how long will it take to get that setup?"

"A few minutes."

"Alright, start your plan and I'll have the negotiator stall them until you're ready to ingress."

"What?! No, no, Aron you can't," Vera said worriedly, looking to Isabel as she took hold of her elbow. They didn't know the limits of what his body could take. She had already thought she lost him today when he was electrocuted. Vera didn't know how much more her heart could take.

"Vault door closed. Microfiber spread."

"Then you're a go. Remember we need the leader alive."

"Roger." Vera and Isabel heard the crashing of glass over Lyle's commlink as Aron jumped through the sky light of the bank. Holding Isabel's hand as machine gun fire rang out.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Saving the innocent. It's what heroes do."

"What's the matter Aron?"

"Nothing, just some idiot who thought to play hero."

"Hey now, that's not nice," Lyle spoke obviously hurt.

"Then don't tag along next time." Looking down to the street as a body was tossed through the front window of the bank.

"I'm here to help Void, that is your name, right?" Vera couldn't help but chuckle at Aron as she heard him groan.

"Then escort the people in the vault to safety while I deal with the rest."

"On it."

Vera watched as Aron's body darted through the sky light with something on his shoulder. Dumping it on the roof as he walked back to the junction box. Looking down as Lyle led the last person out of the bank. Listening to the roar of the crowd; not one person, other than a few bruises and simple cuts, was fatally harmed. Wondering if they knew another hero was there who would never seek the spotlight as her eyes fell on her son. "Lyle when you're done soaking up the fame, meet us in the air," Vera said, over their commlink noting Aron plucking his squirming package off the roof.

******

"Here he is," Aron said, dropping the man onto the roof without a care of his comfort. "Figured if you needed the others, county lockup shouldn't be too hard for you to find."

"Thank you, for your assistance in this matter Aron," his handler said, smiling warmly at him.

"You still owe me that dinner," Aron said, having Veil cut off their link to his coms as he climbed onto his jet bike.

"Rain check?"

"I won't hold my breath," Aron muttered as he started the engine. Leaving her there, her hair whipping in the wake of his exhaust as he soared into the sky.

"There's a fire on 4th street in a high rise, do you wish to respond?"

"Are you monitoring the police scanners?" Aron asked, as he was halfway across the city.

"Affirmative."

"Nah, there's heroes for that," Aron said, thinking it wasn't his problem.

"There aren't any in the area, and the fire department can't reach the top floors. Are you sure you want to ignore the call?" Aron looked up to the sky shaking his fist at the heavens. It seemed to him the fates were determined to make him a hero. Unaware that he was being followed by his mother and siblings.