All Comments on 'Slip of the Tongue'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 398 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
An amazing writer.

Q writes circles around most of us. This was a very engaging story. We still see Q's theory that big tits and big cocks are best at play in this gem. I visit J-Ville often and the women have great tits. The fact that the husband cheated in this story, was an interesting twist in that we suddenly lost our anger at the wife's actions. We were left with no one to admire. Still, it all seemed possible, except the impossibly big tits and cocks. Q is a master writer, as well as a fellow lover of tits. Can't hate him for that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This was a very enjoyable read. Thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"We all make mistakes Bobby"...... why didn't curiouss rectify this on pg 6?

Good story but one error: pg 6. Should have read Tommy, and not Bobby.

bobby9909bobby9909over 11 years ago
Once again an amazing piece of work.

Thanks, DQS1 for your efforts.

One item needs correcting, though. On the first page you listed cnannel 12's call letters as WJXT. WJXT is 4 in JAX, but 12 is WTLV. You made an error saying 12 is JXT... Wondering if you live here?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well....

The story itself is okay, but the writing is excellent. them nice breasts also helps ;)

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

Well written story about a cuck who gets sloppy seconds and a man who fucked his wife and gets no payback. and lil cuckie takes the cheating whore back. this is no "when we were married" that is for damn sure. sort of reminds me of separate vacatiuons that was a little cuckie too. but he does right well.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Outrage Sans Meaningful Animus ( a fool for the stalking ) !

It all boils down to these elements. She's a horrible cheater. He's 'a good one'. But she's got a good heart, is remorseful and apparently smoking hot. What I appreciate most about DQS is that he loves beautiful women. What I despise most about the same man is that his narrators often love them ' no matter what ' .

Sometimes the siren of the story is indeed worth it because outside of aesthetics, these woman own tangible rare and exotic qualities that place them beyond the realm of day to day fidelity or even respect. Tiffany, Paula and yes Debbie are akin to flashy but temperamental Porsches that require high maintinence from a worthy owner.

Neglect that demanding TLC schedule ratio against sublime open road touring time and disaster shortly ensues. Yet to me, Roxanne wasn't that special. I appreciated the skill of this writer, far more then his subject. The backstage glimpses of the media industry were absorbing.

I liken this story to eating a comped, delectable bouillabaisse in a five star restaurant & discovering a roach at the bottom of the bowl. If one can stifle minute unpalatable part, a net, pleasant experience is garnered.

No one writes for me as gracefully as this author, but he has his blind spot. By now, I'm prepared with a napkin to cover up and set aside the offending paragraph. That's the faustian deal I make as a reader to enjoy this writer. This parallels the understanding many of DQS's narrators have with their feckless frame fatale spouses.

One last quibble from my literary heart. Did Tommy have to give blanket immunity to the anchor hound ( a character very well depicted) ? The cue-card reading lothario didn't even get his hair mussed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Reconciliation

I enjoy one that makes sense but this one wasn't romantic or loving or at least you didn't manage to portray it.

Remorseful? She had those same tears while she was lying to him straight in the face. No protection? Being seen with him in public? She has no respect for her husband.

No revenge is needed but neither is reconciliation in this case. And of course He cheated on her as well. So what? Makes even more sense to go their seperate ways.

JennyBearJennyBearover 11 years ago
I loved it

Reminiscent of the twist you snuck in on one of your other stories.

Q I love reconciliations but my bloodthirsty side cries out for retribution.

I still gave you a five.

Luv,

Jen

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Idiots

If you can't trust her and you can't trust yourself you are both idiots. What are you going to do? Get married again, this time have some kids and fuck the whole thing up again? Fucked up people doing fucked up things - yuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
it left me feeling sad

i don't know why, but it did. i just don't see a future for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

These damn RAAC stories are always so depressing. I don't think any man with a sane mind would have taken that slut back! Especially after that talk she wanted to have! I can't believe he didn't kill her right then and there! I'm sorry but this reconciliation was not at all believable!

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
No kick in this one after the first page.

The women irritate me and the hero is worse yet..... But I have to admit that it is much better than 95% of what is on the site, and---- that I read to the end. So the author is doing his part. I guess my problem is just his choice of characters...

Only a cheater would have take it so calmly.

fregenfregenover 11 years ago
Hypocritical SOB

You certainly sandbagged me with this one. Here I was thinking this was a ‘she done him wrong’ story and the only tension would be whether or not he would take her back. Then comes the ending and my assumptions are shattered.

It appears that the dual standard is alive and well – at least in his mind. I guess he was upset because she did not cheat as well as he did. (Oh and maybe because she announced it to the world.) So he goes all nuclear on her ended affair while his is still ongoing? Say what? He has an amazing ability to compartmentalize; what she did was wrong, what I did was okay.

Christina “caused guilty fantasies in every married man at the station, except for me.” Curious that he felt no guilt – no? Rox cheated because she is shallow and wanted to screw a pretty face. But at least she got over it and stopped. He never did, till the end anyway.

Really cannot like either of them. What really galls me is that Rox will probably turn herself inside out trying to make it up to him – and he will let her even though he doesn’t deserve it. I believe her when she said she would have taken him back if he had cheated.

Don’t like either of them. Still no trust on his part and there shouldn’t be any on hers.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sorry

but you've done better

mike2710mike2710over 11 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the story. I have to wonder what will happen when she finds out he cheated also, will her feelings change when she realizes that she was not the only one .

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
TO REMEMBER THE SLIP

one must recall and research with Sigmund. TK U MLJ LV NV

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
FREGEN you are fucking idiot

Tommy had sex with Christina AFTER he was Divorced you asshole.

Having sex Fantasies about her is NOT remotely the same as his wife cheating with that Anderson guy for 6 months... AND .. AND knowing that Anderson was a player .. that she was willing to RISK giving Tommy a STD.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
The WIFE'S ass

It isn't bad enough that she's cheating with another man for six months.

It isn't bad enough that she knows this Anderson guy is a player and that he has a much higher chance than normal of carrying a STD.

When she was confronted the first thing she did was LIE her ass off. Tommy had to present his audio of the meeting he had with Andersen in order to get her to stop lying.

The story FAILS at the scene in the story where the wife ... Trying to get him to come back ...offers Tommy her ass. The wife thinks Tommy's reaction to letting another man fuck her ass for 6 months **WHILE TURNING HIM DOWN ** is kind of childish and immature.

In fact it is the WIFE 's complete misunderstanding of the significance of her actions and her lack of empathy for Tommy sense of rejection... shows that she is the one who is shallow and immature. And in this story Tommy doesnt really "SEE" this and by NOT seeing this it makes for a easier reconciliation.

It's not the same thing as simply just fucking this other guy for 6 months. The wife was doing a specific act which time Tommy has asked her about many times and she has refused to do so because she found the act repulsive.

So the wife's doing so with the other man is a complete and total rejection of Tommy as a LOVER and a Husband.

EVEN WORSE ... is her refusal or inability to even ATTEMPT to see why Tommy holds the view that he does. It is very hard to believe that she actually loves Tommy if she cannot figure out or even ATTEMPT to understand why Tommy is worked up over this ass thing. This adds a whole New level of hurt and pain to Tommy...

However in the end all is forgiven when the wife shows up with just a rain coat on and is naked under neath. And since all men have a cock and balls as soon as we see a TIT we lose all ability to think.

yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Certainly not well written!

She was, after all, a cheat. And, sadly, the story ultimately degraded him to a weak willed wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Crap!

This story is a steaming pile of bullshit. The wife is a worthless slut and the husband is a spineless idiot to take her skank ass back. If this story is reflective of the author's point of view (I believe it is) he should grow a set of balls and gain some self respect. I would give this story a minus zero if I could.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
A point of clarification : They BOTH Cheated !

""You're good looking and a good husband and a loving man and you have a very big dick and you fuck like a damned jack hammer. Why wouldn't I imagine something happening between us? Especially after that first time?"

"I'm sorry, Chris. I never thought. I'm older than you and you are unbelievably gorgeous and there are ten thousand younger, richer, better guys that would snap you up if you gave them even a hint of encouragement. Besides, you're going to shoot to the top. You're going to be an international name and your whole life and career are ahead of you. Me -- I'm not ancient and I still hope to make it to the big time, but not like you. You're special."

She smiled.

"You say the sweetest things, but yes, I know the first time -- just happened. The last thing I ever expected was to get involved -- with you. You're the most married guy I know. You never ogled me, you never treated me like a piece of meat, and I thought you were so tied up in her that you never even noticed me."

"I noticed."

"And I don't mess with married men."

"And I had never cheated on Rox...until that night" "

--------///--------/--------------/----------------/------------/

Take that you Twist Mssrs. ( I miss them too, but not this time) !

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Love it

Wow! I missed the emotional roller coaster of DQS stories.

I always feel the pain his hero experiences when he finds out about his wife's betrayal and I like for him to lash out. In this story, the bitch was burned but she was able to crawl back to her true love. I love reconciliation stories as long as the author builds up the process in such a way that the wife suffers as well and in this case losing the love of her life and suffers for it is good enough for me. DQS covered all the bases here for me.

Thanks man, I really miss your stories, they always tug at my heart and sexy as hell although I am no big fan of huge boobs, cupcakes for me.

CSD2CSD2over 11 years ago
interesting...

holding her fling against her while having one of his own...judgemental, insecure bastard...but i like it.

we men don't cotton to our women fucking others, but can rationalize it to death when we do it. he deserved all the pain of his suffering. and he better hope she never finds out.

happy new year ,DSQ. THANKS FOR THE TALE.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 11 years ago
Big tits - gawd I love 'em.

Also love your brand-your take. Seriously overlong. I've been bulling through it for three hours. If there were a ten star...

Welcome back. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Depressed

Very sad. This tale is interesting and readable as always from you but I'll skip your next few-I don't need to be made miserable. It may have seemed a neat idea to disclose that he was also cheating but it didn't make me feel any better about her betrayal and lies. This relationship is totally doomed, she'll despise him for taking her back, they'll both cheat again etc. etc. How depressing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I gave it a 4, DQ1

I just don't get the mentallity of men. I'm a certified werido. When my ex cheated, I in no way did I blamed myself. How did he fail, how could he ask himself that. After I found out, the only thing that came to my mind was, I'm working my ass off for my family while she out acting like a whore. Fuck her and I turned evil, plot revenge and rolled out. Why blame yourself, if the pot can't call the kettle black. Move the fuck on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent as usual.

DQS,

Good to see you back. Excellent story as usual, sad, and a bit depressing but well written. I guess one message is news people especially those in front of a camera, are not the most trustworthy giving their reliance on looks. Nevertheless, it was well done.

Thanks

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 WHAT A HYPOCRYPT

he stealth cheats and become postal when he catches her ipso facto. TK U MLJ LV NV

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

tossing in that bullshit crap about he was cheating just so the author could get them back together is lame. expecially after he wrote:

""Couldn't you....there is always counseling. You guys were so great together. You can't just let it end like this."

"I didn't! She did, Carol! She killed it and maybe me, for all I know. I need to be tested for STDs. He's such a pig there's no telling what he picked up and passed on to her and her to me. Even if there is nothing, I'm operating on autopilot. I feel like she ripped my heart out and took it with her when she left."

so that was completely dishonest for the author to do.

kelchakelchaover 11 years ago
Very Nice

I think this one was written by an adult.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
Good story

I did find Rox to be a.bit shallow,she is this beautiful,accomplished woman who falls fir the pretty boy,then can't see why her husband was so hurt by her actions,though there are people like that,intelligent but emotionally damaged.Of course this is like his other stories,Rox in some ways is like Deb in WWWM,who thought of herself in terms of her looks and Tommy is like Hugh in Ghosts and Shadows,where he at least in part is responsible for Mary just running off when her affair comes out yet like Tommy,he had attempted an affair himself.

I dont know what dqs' plans are but seeing what happens with them would be intetesting,do they make it,and how do they make it..does he have the courage to come clean,too?Can they find detent if not love?

Breezy1Breezy1over 11 years ago

Not so crazy about the story. But truly loved the way it was written!

obtusemanobtusemanover 11 years ago
reconciliation may work but only after there is remorse for the action and NOT

remorse for having been caught. Reconciliation after penance is universal (not just Catholic-pun intended) but the remorse must be genuine. She seemed to accept a punishment but never seemed to truly be sorry and ashamed of her actions. It didn't seem heart-felt. The Freudian slip in the beginning seems to prove this. When my children were little they were often sorry for doing something wrong; though, it was the consequence of being caught rather than the infraction itself.

While she violated the marriage vows, it seems wrong that the fair-haired accomplice skates with no retribution.

You are a terrific writer as is evidenced by the fact I love your stories even when I can't buy the reconciliation working.

Spartan22Spartan22over 11 years ago
Great story

Loved it, but she got off easy; would have like to have seen more repentance. I believe she greatly violated the unwritten rule of "more than once and of her own free will". I couldn't tell (especially with her lies) if she was guilty from what she did, or guilty from getting caught. ...Hope to see more in the future!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Ambiguity re: Chris

We have the literal statement that Hubby cheated on Sweetie and had genuine feelings for Chris. That sounds like he was (very discreetly) boffing Chris BEFORE seeing the outtake of Sweetie's sex statement. However, there are those who believe Hubby's flings with Chris did not start until after he moved out and separated from Sweetie!

There are two interpretations in support of the latter which allow the verbiage. The divorce was not final (but Hubby owns up to nailing a number of sweet young things during that interim)! The second component is that he developed feelings for Chris during that interim. That might be the component which Hubby felt constituted his own betrayal.

There is a statement where Hubby admits that he was comfortable because he KNEW his love for Sweetie was not threatened by his 'like' for Chris! He could not KNOW, with the same certitude, whether Sweetie's feelings for the Bull were deeper even than her feelings for Hubby.

It is a more straight-forward dilemma if Hubby kept his Vows until filing. It is much more ambiguous if he was 'double dipping' before Sweetie started flirting with her Bull! As much as I believe in good communication between spouses, I believe Hubby eventually informing Sweetie that HE started the vow-breaking would be catastrophic for their reconciliation and reunion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More Subtle Than Usual and Way More Subtle than Most

DQS has always been good, definitely at the top of the Literotica pile. This one was, though perhaps not as involving as his best, had a twist that I appreciated, namely, that they both cheated. (Yes, contrary to what others have commented, he cheated with Ms Dallas BEFORE he found out about his wife's cheating. How could she say, "I know the first time -- just happened...And I don't mess with married men" and he reply "And I had never cheated on Rox...until that night." if that weren't the case?)

And yet, he was pissed off and demanded a divorce from Rox. All his memories were shat upon. And, of course, he never 'fessed up to Rox but demanded that she 'fess up to him. Hypocritical? Yes, but perhaps that's the point. He was doing the same thing that Rox was doing and yet he couldn't forgive her? Hmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More DSQ Humiliation Masturbation fodder

To understand this cuck's world, you need to understand he needs humiliation. Read his stories. His women are always powerful, hypersexual, almost sociopathic in their contempt for their mates, their ability to cruelly inflict pain on them, and then the cuck's (DSQ's alter ego) willingness to forgive and let the women emasculate him. I respect the out and out cucks that love to see their wives pounded by gangs of men because they are at least honest in their deviance. DSQ lies to his audience (that must share much of the same need for humiliation and contempt) and tries to hide behind his tired, bad tough guy, noir derivative language to show he is not really obsessed by huge breasted, cruel, psychos. It would be hard to find an author on this site who is more psychologically impaired that this freak.

HatsudaHatsudaover 11 years ago
Bittersweet, at the best.

Taken in outline form, the cheating wife gets 'boned' by her 'pretty' boyfriend for six months, until her deceit is discovered by her husband. After a plethora of lies, she finally admits that she did the 'dirty deed', and only regrets that she was caught. Oh, and she admits that she was 'captivated' by his beauty, and that her relationship with hubby was never in jeopardy. Interesting premise.

He, of course, rejects her and her behavior, but somehow finds it in his heart, although reluctantly, to take her back. I don't have to explain what most 'anons' would have to say about this storyline.

Daniel is an unusually good writer, and I've come to enjoy most of his work as first rate, with pretty damn satisfying endings; all things swinging into a balance of sorts.

This work showed me a self-centered Lothario; a thrill seeking cheating wife; and a devoted husband in a well-scripted story. The Lothario and the thrill seeking cheating wife got what they desired; the devoted husband did not. There was no retribution other than a brief separation of husband and wife; and the husband gives in to her persistence to put her betrayed husband back into harms way.

I can only hope that there is a postscript to this story, putting the balance of justice in favor of the injured, and not on the side of the injuring.

Write on, my friend; I'm not voting on this piece out of respect for your earlier works.

After all, these are just stories, right?

Regards,

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
I always like your work...

And this was no exception.

MolliculusMolliculusover 11 years ago
Again, so many don't get it

Please, get it right. Our "hero" was boffing Chris BEFORE he found out about his wife's indiscretion. That means — or it should mean — that he was at least as guilty as his wife...and for the same reasons: she was beautiful and irresistible and it just happened. And yet so many commentors wanted retribution against the wife but not the equally culpable husband. Granted, Anderson was an asshole and Chris was not — which, I guess, worked to mislead us readers — but still, he was still schtupping someone other than his wife. Where's his punishment? According to some readers, there should be none because, what? Because he's male? None so blind that will not see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Did I miss something or was he fucking Chris all along? Even while still married, that is a HUGE hole in this story. Also you and your editor need to learn the difference between breath and breathe, you used the wrong one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
typical DQ1-wimp story

Disgusting, poor, wimp ex husband and stupid slut wife 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
was ok until you tried the age thing between him and Chris

Most women do much better with older men. My wife is 21 years younger than i am and we fit fine and have fit fine for over 17 years. She was a mature 30 when i met her and a bombshell could have had any man she wanted but she made sure i knew she only wanted me. I agree the celebrity world is fake and made of fake attachments, but some of them really do fall in love, to bad he and Chris didnt try. Been a much better choice than going back to a shallow woman that thinks with her cunt. Just setting him up to be destroyed again.

bobby9909bobby9909over 11 years ago
To all those that just don't GET it

CSD2 stated: " holding her fling against her while having one of his own...judgemental, insecure bastard...but i like it. we men don't cotton to our women fucking others, but can rationalize it to death when we do it. he deserved all the pain of his suffering. and he better hope she never finds out."

To point out the GROSSLY obvious to those who don't get it, CSD2's statement is EXACTLY the reason he HAD to divorce her. They needed to "push reset" and get their heads straight. He punished BOTH himself and her by forcing the divorce.

Quoting Tommy: "This was an aberration - something that had never happened before and I knew never would again. It would end when she moved on and we both knew it." The divorce was necessary for his and her atonement, to prove this statement, and to let Rox prove it as well.

Another great DQS1 story.

DrPopeDrPopeover 11 years ago
I read it ....

It was good .... Now go and rip off your lit readers by turning it into a pay to play epic ....

I don't give a fuck how good a writer you are. I'll never forgive you for the duplicitous and immoral way you used lit to promote your WWWM saga.

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago
Amen

Couldn't have said it better DrPope

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Unbelievable and your second worst

story ever. In order to reconcile there has to be a reason stronger than the reason to break-up in the first place. This story lacks that reason. Tommy goes from fucking Chris to I'll see you next Wednesday and we will get back together. To the moron who stated the divorce was needed to allow atonement, what a load of bullshit. There is no expressed remorse by the wife for her actions. If there had been the retribution against the "bull" would have been at her hands to show true contrition. The ambiguity of whether Tommy cheated as well is a lame plot device. If he did then there are no characters with redeeming qualities and the reader show have trouble empathizing with either the husband (hypocrite) or the wife(slut). If he did not cheat, then the reconciliation should have taken about a hundred pages of exposition to explain a realistic outcome. This story falls flat because there is no reason for the ending. I gave this a *** it is the lowest score a writer of this calibre can get from me. So you the author can look on it as a *.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
He is back....

..and getting all the LW readers foaming and fightng.

Love the tale. hate the tale, you know it is a good story when you have all these posters fussing and fighting over everything from characters to plot lines!

My whine is the use of "tape". Even the most "podunk" TV station records on disk, drive, or PCM card media. (Don't you just hate whiners?)

Fine read, thanks for posting.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

I commented on this story on that "other site" where it appeared a few days ago. Basically I think Tommy is a hypocrite for having a fit and leaving Rox in the first place. Yes, I know he thought she was "in love" from the video pieces he saw, but all in all he was an asshole for treating her like he did and not just talking it out. My basic take on this story is that Rox was too good for Tommy and should not have wanted to get back together as it appears they will.

I know that love is blind and I suppose this is what DQS1 is telling us in his own fashion, so for that reason the story is good. There is no understanding the depths, or why's of love between two people and the author explores that relationship once again.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Excellent

Really enjoyed it. The twist was excellent. Haven't read the comments yet, and I'm guessing you will catch some flak from a variety of sources for all kinds of LW story 'sins': didn't get revenge on wife or lover, took her back, he was a hypocritical bastard, etc., etc. I enjoyed the juxtaposition, and it made for an interesting moral dilemma.

I actually thought the only thing that didn't work very well was the initial scene. Why would a big hotel exec from Florida be introducing a Florida new anchor at an out-of-state conference for educators? The reveal was mildly amusing, and an interesting plot device, but I couldn't quite put two and two together.

The wife was well- (though incompletely-) developed. She was the opposite of the wife in Ghosts and Shadows-she was tenacious in her pursuit of her hubby. A lot of authors of these types of LW stories tell the same tale (more or less) over and over, but you never get the same story twice from DQS1 (except that they are set in FL and the women have big tits, of course).

My personal highlight was the short paragraph describing the young female news anchor-fucking the little smile off Grace Kelly's face (or something like that). Made me laugh out loud.

Great job, 5 stars, and always excited to see a DQS1 story in the queue.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago

I won't comment on the marketing gimmick except to say I noticed it. Free porn always has ads...but this time one from the writer. Hmm.

The story was well written and we have the narrator go at lengths to describe he is not saint from the get go. He was the other man many times over.

I read it as slightly different from the others, though others also mirrored some of my thoughts.

Essentially, I believe (though it was VERY vague. What happened? Your writer broke?) that the narrator was cheating with Chris before the divorce. I find that ambiguity more irritating than the ad.

Like his wife, he compartmentalized it and he thought his 'feelings' for Christina were safe and those for his wife were okay...until he saw the same movements, expressions and actions by his wife. He could no longer rationalize what he was doing because he felt the pain of seeing the same actions reflected.

Please note: he knew the affair was over according to all the actors. But his trust was gone...even though he wasnt' trustworthy himself. Her actions were painful enough that having the mirror of his own crapulence held up to him was an added 'fuck you' to the event. The divorce was happening because the pain was deserved...by both of them. Was this self punishment? If so, it was like a monk flaggelating himself in secret in his cell, because he revealed nothing about the affair even after the marriage was over...which also showed that his 'safe' feelings were anything but...but that is hardly new, is it?

DQS holds to his common theme that love conquers all...common sense, rational thought, resolve, self respect, emotional self preservation...I'm sure the tits help though.

That said, the writing was well done, I was drawn into the story, and I found only a few errors. Since I've read things I've written ten times and still found errors afterwards, I've become a lot more understanding about this.

I didn't find the 'reveal' at the end as deceptive. In the one with the old guy Hugh, it was. He was painted as a flawed but good guy and then we found out he was fingerfucking the small tittied population of Jax. To avoid that well deserved rebuke again, DQS was careful to paint this guy as he was from the get go: a cock hound.

He deserved the pain he got. So did she.

Overall I like the story. I prefer stories with growth and increasing self realistation, but DQS does Big Tittied Girls who have men wrapped around their Nipple...and these poor men can't get away...they can never get away.

But he writes that story very well with verve, good dialogue and crisp structure.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
@ Dr. Pope ( respectfully )

As a fellow commentator who often falls in line with most of your contributions in this forum, I was moved to write now because we've found a point upon which to differ.Has DQS tried to capitalize on WWWM & tried to turn a buck on this addictive saga & it's characters. Absolutely ! I begrudge him not a whit for that.

This is America. The bulk of that saga is avaiable gratis. That work came from hard toil. The hard core fans have been given an option for a nominal price to buy in on the further adventures of Mr. Maitland.

To be honest, though many worthy sequels are possible in that fictional world, I don't see how any of them can match the first for total emotional impact. I, myself, will buy in anyway to say " thank you '' to my favorite Literotica author for not so much what I'll get out of the sequels, but for his total body of work.

Authors have to pay their bills as much as we do. Writing is a labor of love and I'm glad to help in a small way, to allow DQS afford that passion. I hope I don't sound like a total shill for this author. In total, his stories hit and miss for me as most other writers.

The difference is that the cream of that work resounds in my mind after other authors fade. I'm sorry that you've been outraged by DQS ' going commercial' . Yet I suspect that in whatever capacity you labor and provide a service for others, that you expect more then a heartfelt thank you, at the end of the day.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

This line summed it all up:

"I still had a bad feeling about our future together. But..."

I know there are critics who hate reconciliation stories, but this shouldn't be seen in such terms. This was an authentic struggle on the part of the husband, and he knows more struggles lie ahead. Emotions are powerful and cannot easily be dismissed. Excellent writing. Filled with emotion. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

A really good premise and extremely well-written. The plot hole or I guess problem you could say about this story is that there was no equalizer for the husband. I know that he had sex with Christina, but that was after the divorce if I'm not mistaken. Like stated in the story, a man has to have pride. Although there was some begging and pleading on Christina's part, there should've been more. Asking for a dance or offering anal once just isn't enough for a man. Healing and reconciliation takes time, and there lies a major fault in the story. The story was too short, and should've been drawn out more. I know that DSQ usually doesn't write sequels for this standalone stories, but this story definitely could use one.

SirThopasSirThopasover 11 years ago
I think

I like this better than anything I've read from you.

You always set up great betrayal, and I actually prefer reconciliation to revenge, but this is the first (or maybe best) crack you've put in the usual "bitchy sex bomb" that inhabits your other tales.

It's not a quality thing. I just like this better.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
I agree with Thopas

This female is more realistic than your usual offerings. Most of them are prideful, hurtful and remorseless.

This one was semi realistic. No phonecalls in the night. No rubbing in that the younger man was rocking her world in his old bed. No throwing things in his face during the act.

She felt sorry she was caught and sorry she did it.

New ground for you.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
Fd45 nailed it

They both were compartmentalized with their cheating,both rationalized it as not counting,being a different world,no feelings involved...which of course is crap,he sees she has feelings for anderson but pretends he doesn't for Chris.And yes,for all you btb types,he was just as much a slut,in your eagerness to nail her you ignored that he nailed chris when married..the key line is he was having sex with chris when he still thought he was happily married (dqs words).....

He was right to divorce her,not for penance but rather to force repetence on both their parts.They both have to recognize their own flaws (note he doesn't admit to cheating with chris to rox,for this to work he has to).Reconciliation only works when the parties agree to a new relationship,to build a new one,you can't ressurect the old one,it died and has to.I hope dqs decides to write about the reconciliation,the pain,anger and more pain,he has the words to do it.

As far as dqs going commercial and complaining,shame on you.This is supposed to be America and if someone can write well enought to get people to pay for it,that is what it is about.WWWM started out as online fiction but was good enough to try.Maybe dqs has dreams,as we all do, prob those complaining about him charging are the same people whining about socialism,how people want domething for nothing these days...well,what are they asking for? If you like the story enough buy a copy,they aren't that expensive...he didn't set out to publish WWWM,there was no deception,it just happened. I only wish Dan had more time to write,the fact thst he still is willing to publish stories here is a treat to me.I do object when authors put snippets of stories up here deliberately to shill for the paid story,but Dan did not do that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Agree completely with Stalking_Anon

And "Moment of Clarity" has always been one of my favorite stories in this category. No surprises for the reader and no moral ambiguities.

This is not reconciliation, which involves give and take on both their parts. This man sounds too much like a potential cuckold, taking her back in his life because he loves her, no matter what she's done. She will continue to destroy him emotionally, as she will expect forgiveness for future transgressions. At least in StangStar's stories, the men ditch these crazy bitches who love you to death, can't stay faithful to you, and stalk you to get you back.

By the way, did you know that 20% of all "voluntary" cuckolds started out as involuntary cuckolds, with their wives cheating on them. They just loved their hot wives so much they gave up their self-respect to stay attached to them. Did they always have self-esteem issues, or did their sexual arousal somehow become attached to their humiliation after they found out their wives cheated? Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Welcome back!

You're one of my favorite authors, glad to see you are still on top of your game.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Very enjoyable story

with far less predictability about it than most. Still uncertain about the character-drawing of Rox; especially her motivation for continuing the affair after sort of drifting into it. Somehow, that didn't seem to ring true, and it was xomewhat disturbing in a story that was so character-driven.

Naturally, I'm disappointed that the comments failed to condemn Tommy so severely for his infidelity as they did with Rox (definite double-standards!) although some seem to have become so concerned that they totally failed to notice his admission.

Excellent writing, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another good story by his author

Should I say novella ? The base level of the plot was the 6 month sexual affair of Rox while she was married. During the affair and even for awhile afterward she continually lied to her husband to cover up current extramarital sex and continued to lie after the extramarital sex was over. In a very confused and poorly explained thought pattern Rox thought she would be forgiven by her husband. Then when he divorced her she wore on him until they finally started dating again. This last part I personally have a great deal of difficulty with, I know for a fact that I would not ever want her in my life again. Her justification for a sex month sexual affair was because the guy was very handsome. So apparently when any committed person meets another of the opposite sex it's ok to fuck them if they are very attractive.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 11 years ago
Interesting but . . .

. . . who was cheating on who, and when, and why? All of the characters were fidelity flawed, even Christina Dallas who was closest to true. Tommy clearly wins the hypocrit prize. Furthermore, Tommy just had to go back to Roxy after her seduction scene at the charity soire. Even DQS couldn't waste that much love and passion so gloriously described.

Mentioning DQS, oh by the way he is the author of this fine tale, begs a question, why here on Lit? My first thought is advertising for his commercial venture and that is okay by me. I may be touching close to cynical here. This is still a good story, though, the haters of reconcilliation have something to excite their minds and fingers as they type. Romantics can smile and glow over a happy ending. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Worthy story

Perhaps overwritten but the plot was solid. I'd have to study this more to find when the infidelity took place w/ Chris. 5 *s.

The elephant in the room is that 'When We Were Married' is still unfinished. Get your inspiration/mojo back, do yourself and your readers justice and finish what you started so long ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A Pure DSQ1 tale

People with flaws. I reread page 6 of the story. No question he and Chris were involved before he found out about the wife. So we have a story about 2 cheating spouses, cheating independantly whothout intending to hurt the other or impact the marriage. 2 stupid flawed people. I prefer BTB than RACC stories. This was neither. It hinted and promised but in the end it was a reconciliation that will never be successful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
50

50

Lord_GroLord_Groover 11 years ago
I think I've finally figured out why so many of the comments here bother me.

Most readers here apparently want fantasies that cater to their preconceptions, and they get angry when writers fail to give them what they want. What the readers evidently don't want is realism. And that's pretty much what you do. Flawed characters interacting with one another, and it produces what can only be seen as tragedy in the classic sense. I'm not saying you're anywhere as good as Aeschylus or Sophocles or Euripides, but you're essentially writing in the same genre. As another commenter here has already noted, your work reads like it was written by an adult. Nice trick, that.

In my humble opinion, you're one of the best writers posting here. While this story isn't as good as some of your other shorter pieces, I enjoyed reading it. Please continue to write.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 11 years ago
^__^

Another great story you have crafted here, DQS1. I definitely loved it. The ending isn't that important as long as the ride is this awesome. Much talent and writing skills shown in every paragraph. As usual, I'll be looking forward to read your future projects. Thanks a lot for your effort and keep up the amazing work. ^__^

Rogn123Rogn123over 11 years ago
same ol, same ol

I tried to wade thru WWWM and finally gave up, and I started reading this one and found early on it was more of the same. You are a good writer except that your characters are not likeable and not believable. You describe every main woman in your stories (at least in WWWM and starting in this one) by saying they are knockout beautiful and all have hugh magnificent titties that they all use to make witless men follow them around like puppie dogs. Of course the women's brains are inversely porportional to the size of their titties, EXCEPT for the bombshell in WWWM who has giant titties, beautiful face, and an IQ of 170. Does she use her IQ to manipulate the men? Noooooo, she uses her big titties and the men of Jacksonville all succumb. BTW, have you ever even met a woman with the physical and behavior characteristics you give her and who also has a 170 IQ?

You have writing talent, but you should read stories by Rehnquist to learn how to develope and describe your characters, especially the women, and how to incorporate the sex play into your stories that resembles something like real life. Also try to give at least one of your characters some integrity and other qualities that make him or her at least likeable.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago

A well written story by DQS, as usual. He’s a very gifted writer and I thoroughly enjoy his prose.

I can accept reconciliation when the circumstances are right but I doubt this to be the case in this story. Chances of reconciliation drop significantly the longer an affair lasts. The longer an affair, the greater the betrayal is seen. Here the affair lasted six months and that with a known pussy-hound, making the risk for a STD rather large. Also, she doesn’t show much remorse for her deeds. Given Rox’s tendency to swoon for the handsome TV presenter, what guarantee does he have that she won’t swoon again when the next handsome man she fancies crosses her path? After all, she seems to be a rather shallow and unremorseful personality. After such an episode the trust is gone.. and without trust no relation lasts. I just don't see a lasting future for them.

As to Tommy and Christina… I too understood the story between them to be one of attraction on which Tommy only gave in to after he found out that his loyal wife wasn’t that loyal at all… meaning that he and Christina had first sex after he found out but before the divorce… which technically has him cheating as well.

Also, whatever promise Tommy made to the pussy-hounf, he shouldn’t have gotten that TV Casanova get off this lightly… a promise to such a person is null and void as far as I am concerned. Revenge is a dish best served cold… and it’s very cold to be a TV anchor in Anchorage… because that’s where I would have forced him to go by destroying all other career options.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Things

Things that Probably Should've Been Addressed in The Story:

1. What was Roxanne's reaction to hearing about Tommy sleeping with other women; I imagine if she truly did love him, then her reaction would've been one of anger, regret, and sadness

2. Roxanne saying I love you to the guy she cheated with; no where in the story were those words addressed. Seems like an important issue to me.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
One more thought

Actually, two:

1. I am a little confused about when he FIRST slept with Chris. I see clues supporting the notion that it was before he found out about his wife, and after he found out. Depending on which way it is, this becomes an entirely different story. If it is the first case, then he is a hypocrite. Of course, he did indicate to Rox that if she had cheated once, he would have been able to forgive her. So maybe he is not actually a hypocrite in this case, because he is upset about the long term affair as opposed to their first time.

2. Harry in Va actually has a point. The anal sex thing is big and she doesn't seem to get it. Harry is wrong in saying that the husband doesn't really pick up on this. He does, and he asserts his point. It s only when she says it is because his cock is too big. Way to stroke the male ego! She's sharp! After that comment he lets it go. Not sure this s a case of digging a hole too deep that it is impossible for them to get back together. But, it does make me wonder.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Clarification

Whatever the readers' opinions of the story, it should be based on the facts of the story. I had to re-read to be clear that the affair with Christina started before the protag discovered his wife's affair. The clearest quote is this: "When it [the affair with Christina] had started I had been married -- happily I thought -- and I couldn't explain it or take a chance on it ruining my marriage." So, obviously, it started before he discovered his wife's infidelity. Other parts of the dialogue that preceed that also suggest it preceeded the discovery:

"the first time -- just happened. The last thing I ever expected was to get involved -- with you. You're the most married guy I know...and I thought you were so tied up in her that you never even noticed me."

"And I had never cheated on Rox...until that night."

"I knew it for what it was and I never even thought of pushing. But, when I heard about that tape...."

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
They both cheated!

The fact that he was also fucking Chris should have changed the way he reacted. He never should have thrown her out. They both should have done counciling and made it work. As it turns out I was feeling sorry for him but now think who gives a damn.

CB

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

Not mentioning husband until end appears to be manufactured after the fact. And even if husband did cheat it does not appear to be an affair as in 6 months fucking some pussy hound she gave her ass cherry to. Fuck the cunt and he is a cuck to take her back especially withnopayback for the guy.

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Terrible

When given lemons, some people make lemonade. You just gave us lemon-aides. Revealing that Tommy Boy had cheated is the worst, most transparent device I have yet seen. I could see towards the end that you were going to make him a cum-slurping wimp, but thinking that you could macho him up a bit by having had an affair is a cheap ploy and an insult to the reader. His reactions all along were inconsistent with the ending wimp out and just ruins the story.

ace4869ace4869over 11 years ago
Thanks for the story

I really liked it. Glad to see ya back on here.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Really

this was written by a man? More like a woman's story where she can do what she wants and still get back. *2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bravo

After reading this absolutely complex and indecipherable story for a fifth time and the comments from all the readers, I finally figured out what was nagging in the back of my mind. Christine and Tommy had an ongoing affair during his marriage to Rox. This not only changes the whole story, but completely changes the characterization of the husband. I was wondering why the husband in this story seemed a bit more forgiving than the husbands of previous stories, and now I know why. Great job DSQ, throwing in that plot twist. An absolute genius piece of work. Just can't believe how badly you fooled me.

al18al18over 11 years ago
Never mind the sluts

Where is WWWM part 3?

Stop sliding all over and finish the above

ItinerantMindsItinerantMindsover 11 years ago
Why reconciliation stories are hard to pull off, and most of you that write them aren't even trying to do what's needed to pull them off properly

In all your stories, your reader is basically being made to read from the perspective of the husband. To make a reconciliation story that is satisfying for the reader, you have to make the READER fall in love with the woman as the husband does. If you want the reader to be satisfied with the reconciliation, you have to make the wife desirable TO THE READER. I get the impression that most authors are just thinking "oh, I'll put in this or that extenuating circumstance, and if you do all the math, it adds up to being ok to make the husband forgive the wife."

It doesn't work like that; a reconciliation has to be a romance, not some legal justifications. Because, at its core, that's what it is: a man deciding to be together with a woman and vice versa. You see what they're all doing over in the top stories in the romance section? You need to do that, except even better because in a "cheating wife" story, the wife is already in the penalty box.

A reconciliation story has to be a top notch romance story. Except that it's even more challenging because your reader starts off hating the female lead right off the bat. That's a challenge that's not easy to meet, and it's all the more frustrating when someone writes a reconciliation story that doesn't even try to do that. Just "here's a woman who cheated, and now the man takes her back for all these reasons that should convince you that it's ok."

In so many of these reconciliation stories (pretty much all of DQS's), there is no romance shown that would make the protagonist or the reader WANT the wife. So of course people will not feel satisfied if you make the protagonist decide to take her back

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
Not quite

up to the mark of other stories by DQS. Quite enjoyable until it was revealed that Tommy had been sleeping with Christina BEFORE he found out about Rox's affair. That makes his reaction hypocritical in the extreme.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A fantastic storyline

A very sad and heartbreaking situation for Tommy as he began to realize his wife had cheated on him, compelling his reader to have a lot of sympathy for him.

The story was very believable and smooth flowing along with being well written.

FYI, The only mistake I saw was on the last page where she called him Bobby instead of Tommy.

("We all make mistakes, Bobby. I just made the mother of all mistakes but I'm willing to spend the rest of my life making it right, if you'll let me.")

And I like the ending.

Thanks for the super read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
How Hypocritical!

The ending changed the whole way I perceived this story! The poor husband who had been cheated upon receiving all of this sympathy from his friends and co-workers was a fraud. He had an affair with his subordinate and he controlled her future. Hell, he was able to get her out of town with a promotion so he can reconciled with his ex. He actually developed feelings for his lover while Rox had none for Richard. In the end they deserved each other- she cheats with his chief rival and he cheats with his subordinate which was worse. All this angst about how Tommy feels knowing she had been with Richard when he was fucking the town's sexpot. Poor baby!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hell! I gave it 4 stars ...

... I intended to give 3 stars. Just got distracted and screwed it up. Not a bad read, but it was nothing I'd recommend either.

Panther Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Finish your other two stories

Daniel Q, I suggest that you go back and finish two of your other stories rather than writing new stories. Your first story posted, "Moment of Clarity," is in my view unfinished; however, other claim that it has a proper ending. The other I think nearly all will agree needs to be finished: your gem, "When We Were Married." The former is a very good read, while WWWM represents the best of the very best of (short?) stories.

Stories such as the current one is no measure of your abilities for writing top rated dramatic stories.

TheThinker45TheThinker45over 11 years ago
What goes around comes around....

Tommy Caught The Signs Of His Wife's affair While she had no idea that he was in one himself. I think that tommy should have just let it go. After all what goes around comes around. What would you do if it happens to you.

Richie4110Richie4110about 11 years ago
Outstanding!

I loved every word, every nuance, and the explanation of each deception.

Thank you and I hope you will continue to regale us with your prose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Second Chance

I really liked this story. The characters were well-developed--that is, I understood their behaviors. The plot made sense and I liked the fact that Hunter put things into perspective. He did not come across as a wimp, he asserted himself but he was in touch with his own feelings enough to give her another chance. This story was well-written and it did not end with the cliche "throw the bitch out" ending that seems to be so popular among immature, non-introspective males. She caused him pain, he caused her pain, but he realized that he was causing himself as much pain as he was causing her. I gave it 5 stars.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 11 years ago
I liked it it.

Thanks for sharing the story DQS1. It was a fun read. I hope that they make it.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Another cuckie story from DQS. this is definitely not "When We Were Married."

VickieTernVickieTernabout 11 years ago
I will never understand

these "fuck her!" (meaning "don't ever again fuck her") assholes who think every man always under all circumstances has exclusive possession of his wife's cunt and desires, and so can't ever forgive her if she ever behaves as evolution and the survival of the species have made both sexes, fails in her commitment, and is devastated. They're as bad as the women who play because, well, because neither cares about what we are and yet need. Neither understands what is most valuable in a partnership, namely unconditional caring as long as each tries to meet the other's needs (fidelity being one such need for some, not all), and the need for forgiveness above all when the other has betrayed herself even more profoundly than she's betrayed her husband. In short, life is complicated. We have to live with that as a fact. Blessed are the simple minded, for they shall see nothing that matters.

Good story, though your hero was stiffer-cocked and more self-pitying than he had to be for longer than needed. Ignore the assholes and the crap they spill out and concentrate on the parts that generate life and joy and in the end, serene contentment! Once again, you done good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sorry VickieTern - your bullshit is really thick on this particular wimp effort by dqs1.

Your pathetic sermon was almost as bad as the wimp/slut characters in this dismal story. Get back on your meds.

user110user110about 11 years ago
i knew i didnt like ol' tom-cat.

from the first line of page 2, i realized tom was actually a woman. a conniving bitch.

user110user110about 11 years ago
addendum

after reading the comments i am stunned how many people didnt realize what kind of evil hypocrite tom was. there's about 80 commenters that need to brush up on their reading comprehension skills.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Reread

Except for the (sort of) cheap reveal of his infidelity, giving him a tat for her tit, this still stands up as a very good tale.

Certainly it has the most empathic set of characters in the series.

I think the most subtle touch in this piece was with his wife. When he came home and cut her cold again and again, she fought and fought and FOUGHT, trying to deny the inevitable: she had given a death blow to her marriage. And the descriptions of her stridently NOT facing that reality! That more than her grabbing his penis in public or dry humping him on the dance floor showed us everything we needed to know about how she cared, REALLY CARED about the relationship. It was a very deft brushstroke that I aspire to emulate.

She done him wrong. Granted. But I can get the compartmentalization. I get FLAWED (not EVIL!!!) characters. She was flawed. So was he.

Can love conquer all? It was nice VERY NICE that this character had sufficient self respect to let her go DESPITE 'unending' love. That showed a maturity that was lacking in Robert, Robert, Paul, Maitland and several other characters.

I hope you continue in the vein.

I think this and Separate Vacations are my favorites...though WWWM was just so...epic...though a trifle overexpanisve and overwritten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Vickietern, you make me sick. I spit on fucked up losers like you. Cantbuymy saxon_hart betrayedbylove tazz317, are any of you guys reading this shit?? Disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Good Meal, But No Dessert.

All of your storys are well written and evoke emotional response, as you can tell from the other readers comments.The thread that seems to run through yourstories is the need by the characters, hence you, for reconcilliation. This is another version of "When We Were Married", which is 5 Star, but in the end, leaves me looking for some closure. It is like a good meal but no dessert.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
How do you spell wimp?

Oh yeah, WIMP!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Don't listen to the losers...

Not one has an ounce of your talent, nor the ability to weave your magic.

Please continue. Ignore the little wee-wee brigade.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous