All Comments on 'Slip of the Tongue'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 401 Comments (Page 3)
Seeker1107Seeker1107over 6 years ago
@ anonymous 12/17/17

I stand corrected on the name mixup. Yes he is also a bit hypocritical on the cheating part but, before the blowout I understand that he was with Christina only the one time. He didn’t stay with her continuously like what Roxanne did. As such I stand by my last comment. She had gone back again and again and again for more than six months! She felt like she could go on forever until she screwed up and announced to everyone what she was doing.

What was it that Christina said, everyone who saw the tape knew she was sleeping with the guy. As such, did he sleep with Christina after he found out but before the blowout, or did he do the deed once with her before and stopped cold after realizing his phenomenal screwup? It’s not exactly clear is it? Either way, from what I get from this story, hers was a more premeditated betrayal especially with the way she outed herself to all and sundered. How and why he would start with her again, well I can understand that the heart wants what the heart wants. However, what the heart wants is not always what is best for it and I agree that he is setting himself up for a major heartbreak. I’ve personally known couples who have managed to get through an indiscretion. That being said, the relationship was absolutely never ever the same afterwards. As we all know, trust once gone is so absolutely insanely difficult to get back once it’s been shredded such as in this story!

One couple that I knew got divorced, but stayed together after a manner so to speak, in that they lived together raising the kids, but never remarried, ever! They stayed that way for more than twenty years afterwards, and don’t think the kids didn’t realize! What was the worst was when her parents kept getting on his case that they should remarry each other, which led to some amazing fights. The only difference is that either one could move out at any time. Imagine how the kids grew up in fear that one day they would come home to a house missing one of the parents.

Anyway, I’ll get off my soap box now as I seem to have said way more than I intended.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!!!

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
As for timeline, as I read it...

... Christina went for Tommy AFTER seeing that Channel 4 vid. So even though Tommy was still legally married, he knew (and Christina knew) the marriage was over. It seems Christina was the aggressor of the then very vulnerable Tommy. Legally it was wrong (still married in eyes of law), and some would think it was still morally wrong, but many could/would say (as I do) the marriage contract was already broken, so fuck away.

On a different note - for an RAAC (which I usually dislike) this one was OK. The cheating wife seemed really and truely hurt and repentant. Even after a couple of really incredible romps in bed Tommy still didn’t fall all over himself to get back with Christine (hear that BG33?). In fact it seemed his brain said don’t, while his heart said do, and his dick didn’t care as it was getting as much action as it needed. And his mind still warned this might be a bad idea when he physically capitulated. It just seemed overall more believable than most other RAAC stories.

Excellent work. 5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A mistake is leaving the coffee maker on, or forgetting to start the dishwasher...fucking a coworker for 6 months in NOT a mistake, it's premeditated. Sorry DQ, this one didn't pass muster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! Good read great build up!

Glad you're back writing! I have missed your stories!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A FUNNY BASTARD

When single he fucked many married women and never care about the husbands. Now it happen to him and he cries about it.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
2nd time around.

What an impressive writer. Pure genius at the art of writing a LW's story. *****

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
"If

you wanna' be happy for the rest of your life

Don't make a pretty woman your wife

Guida and Royster

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
well imagine that......

A fair ending for two cheaters. It's great though. Now they get torture each other instead of ruining someone else. Oh well politicians and news people. Let's all stand and applaud for the morally deprived.

Good read though and well hidden twist with Chris.

You write reality very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sucked

Wife js spoiled cheating slut. You wrote her perfectly. Easy to hate her. As it should be.

But the twist with. A cheating hubby leaves no likeable characters except Bobby and Carole and they have miniscule roles.

So yep. It sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 stars

She's guilty of infidelity, selfishness, cover up.

He's guilty of infidelity, selfishness, cover up. Plus he's a hypocrite with a double standard.

And he is mean. Puts his wife through mental torture and grief for doing same as he.

He brags he keeps his promises. Maybe to the serial cheater Anderson. But not the more important one made to a more important wife on his wedding day.

To top it all off, behind a sanctimonious front, he's still hiding his dirt/stink from EVERYbody (except maybe Christina), making Rox look worse than him when it's the reverse.

I'm still glad they got back together. She learned her lesson. Hopefully, he has too.

Paul in Oklahoma

TailakaTailakaalmost 6 years ago
Like a car wreck in slow motion

Regardless of his affair...She seemingly feels no actual guilt about lying to him. Smoking, well, she'll come up with an elaborate plan with alternate outfits, dry cleaning, (I assume) shower on site. Cheating, well, she seems addicted to the sex and unwilling or unable to stop until it becomes to risky. She's just too willing to keep secrets and find a way to lie & cheat in any way she can. She basically RESENTS her husband

The two of them seem like a bad match in terms of fidelity. She seems like a bad fit for a marriage/relationship in general.

As a side note His friend Bobbys wife, Carol, should be slapped for reporting the total content of Tommy's PRIVATE conversations to Roxanne.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
Shocking

Didn't see Tommy's affair with Chris coming. Wonder if DQS got lost sight of his original plot, or if this was an alternate ending. The ending does screw up the carefully created plot. It was a good read and it appears they will grow old together.

Does anyone know where DQS is publishing now?

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
SLIP OF THE TONGUE IS WHAT CAUSED BILL AND DEBBY TO SPLITSVILLE

Debbie was "when we were married" both are great stories, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Good read

Not very likeable characters, but good story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
After All The Shaggy, The Talk Gets A Little Faggy

This story has something great about it, but nothing can top Moment Of Clarity. That one really takes the cake. The moody intensity of it....outstanding effort.

The problem here is the protagonist starts to go on at the mouth and starts sounding a bit to breathless - he starts to sound like a sissy.

Pro tip to a great writer: One mustn't fall headlong into the protagonist and distort his character with these torrid, harlequin romance soliloquies. It simply takes the T right out of it and makes the guy much less appealing to your male readers. Admittedly, in this case it is nowhere near as bad as other writers, but Tommy takes a ding or two in his credibility because of it.

Thank you for your fine writing.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
wtf..

she cheated for SIX months. she went back again and again , and he takrs her back that's ridiculous. its lies, disrespect, exposure to disease etc. They have no kids and they wont with no trust, why go back to her, He should've taken up with the younger at TBH much more trustworthy Christine. fresh start no cheating on her part

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
it's believable

but not in a good way. this is a broken man. that other girl was TOO NICE. she sent him to the wolf. he'd be better off seeing no one than his ex. she is T O X I C. she still lies, calling her decision after decision a "mistake". she thinks it's okay to stalk her ex. so many red flags. how she could easily compartmentalize her 'two lives' is a giant red flag. it means her mind isn't coherent. this isn't even about cheating. people that do this thing can be dangerous towards themselves, let alone others. drugs for example. she already smokes and drinks, and can't have kids. that's a recipe for disaster.

bottom line is she manipulated this raac. she's a schemer, even now. she hasn't changed at all. the only new thing is her ex husband is now her vice. she simply has a new one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a Wuss!

He was so predictable. He should of told absolutely no one where he applied for jobs. Once the divorce was final he should of resigned and went to one of those jobs, maybe even to Canada.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 5 years ago
All her men are wimps

Always and forever. Her women are so awful, but do not want men. She despises men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
wAsting great priose

To emasculate and make the happy cuckold live out his life with a woman who cheated on him to scratch an itch.

You need to work out the man hating fetish you get off on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fucking trash

That's the problem with all your stories. All the men are wimps, cuckolds. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well

Good and interesting story till the end. Since we were getting this story from

His voice, having the revelation toward the end that he cheated too did not make sense. His cheating would have figured big into his considerations of hers. To try to surprise the audience with that morsel just comes off as contrived. If it was the intent all along that he cheated and wanting to save it to the end, use a different voice. Frankly the surprise was not needed and only hurt the story.

I see comments about him being a wimp for taking her back. I would not say he is a wimp. A-morale, hypocritical, maybe a little shifty are adjectives I would use. They both seem shallow and deserve each other. Also nice karma him having played with married women who were impaired with alcohol, getting to see that scenario from the other side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Trust

Trust: is so often broken as to be an illusion, a romantic notion we make ourselves believe is possible. A product of our culture, unlike most of European expectations.

To reflect on several opinions:

Ronald Regan: re US & USSR arms treaty "Trust but Verify"

Lt. Joe Kenda (policeman on Homocide Hunter) "I trust no one, not even my mother, and she's been dead for 15 years".

Francis Urquhart ( from British version of "House of Cards")

Re: news reporter & mistress - Mattie Storin

Urquhart: She trusts me absolutely. I trust she does.

And I, I trust her absolutely ---- to be absolutely human.

Humans by instinct, built into one's DNA, are programmed for self protection.

Fight, flight, lie, steal, betray. Only if one is foolish enough to overlook human nature can they be devastated when the illusion is breached.

One can still love, lust, protect, and give of themselves, all the while knowing

that the by nature, their loved one may act on that one's desire. That action does not necessarily have to damage the primary loving attachment nor ridicule that person. Unless the loved one attempts to degrade or harm the other, the issue of Trust should not an issue at all.

Love should be the basis of a relationship. Is Trust even a valid concept?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This felt real

I could get into the characters and I found it believable. He will have a hard time with trust and once you get past the sex what will they have? Like he said to Rox she won't be happy and neither will he.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

Good story but you really think you'll get someone to fess up on nothing but BS like you said in the story. The courts dont care about what you believe they want things in Black & White. A good anchor isn't going to let you BS him into a confession not going to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
crap

love is the state of being wherein your partners happiness is intrinsic to your own

she knew what her cheating would do to him, she didnt care

that isnt love, that is a narcissist basking in the glow of adoration

he is a fool to take her back, she will cheat again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
1* Wimpy Cuck Crap

Another cuck masterpiece by Matt Moreau...oops...DQS. I'm glad this guy isnt writing anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Spooky

Rox scares the shit out of me, it should Tommy too, one way or another her character is going to destroy him. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

He still should drop a rumor on that Anderson asshole.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Wow hoisted on my own petard can't decide who should do what

Written so you left me swinging back and forth stay leave get back together don't even think about it what what what to do

Second reading still undecided

Keep it up

Don't normally like these stories as I like it simply cut and dried

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
to JTWheels

A petard is an explosive that blows you up. One is hoisted BY one's own petard, not ON.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Petard

Shakespeare's phrase, "hoist with his own petard", is an idiom that means "to be harmed by one's own plan to harm someone else" or "to fall into one's own trap", implying that one could be lifted (blown) upward by one's own bomb, or in other words, be foiled by one's own plan.

paulsubpaulsubover 4 years ago
Cheating and Love

I have read most of your well written stories and have enjoyed them. I liked this because it brought all the feelings of betrayal and heartbreak. I liked the ending that allowed a possibility of understanding and forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Missing...

There is only one thing missing in here, he should tell her he cheated as well, that way she would either leave him, or truly understood how he felt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
cucks get one star

.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad

It wasn't just physical hot burning flame that burns out, her affair had an emotional aspect to it and most of the time that's what is hard to get over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Either he wasn’t as hurt and angered as he made out or he was a spineless sod....

....letting her pull that raincoat stunt was weak-willed and half-hearted. The reveal of his betrayal with Christina isn’t well placed in the story timeline, so we don’t know exactly where it started. You seem to be saying they got together just after he threw Rox out, or maybe the night of the day he had her served. It’s bit fuzzy in that regard. But, I found it sad that he had hooked up with a hottie and was still so smitten with Rox that he let her convince him to try again so soon after the whole thing came to a head. I also found it odd that he took at face value, her claim to have been celibate since he threw her out. As overtly sexual as she is and as easily as she succumbed to Anderson, I can’t quite believe her.

And our hero claims to have deep feelings for her, but doesn’t act the way a person with such feelings usually behaves when discovering such a damning betrayal. The reality was, that it all came off as rather shallow.

Of course, you write well, no criticism there, but this story just felt weak or shallow for all the convenient turns in such a short timespan.

Sorry, I couldn’t be silent, as that would be disrespectful to you, in view of the many other submissions I have enjoyed so much.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

I liked the story, but I felt Rox's explanations were weak and unbelievable. I also think there is room for a follow on story; what happens next, for instance?

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Good story! Not the routine crap

I liked this a lot, though Rox was a bit hard to fathom.. and take.

His reaction to her cheating seemed good, but then he gradually reveals that he is no saint either.

He was also terribly weak to be accepting sex from Rox like that. A bit unreal there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Conflicting messages

First he was the betrayed husband, getting all tough with the lover and wife, then hw caved, wtf, should have let it go and moved on, she'll just take it as a green light to cheat again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You're a talented cuck

Amazig writing skills. Interesting plots. Cucks and wimps as main characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

so he has no balls and keeps the whore to bad

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Oh Wow ...I do luv a happy ending ......

erm......that WAS a happy ending , wasn't it ???

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
There is a rhythm to love and pain.

There is a beat and a raw give and take that can't be faked. You nailed it. Lots of authors here write similar stories about loving wives who cheat for no good reason, but mostly it's just mechanical. You wrote an honest story with two believable characters. Well done! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great writer, unstoppable women, pathetic men

I hate your stories, but you write them so well. You, sir, are a conundrum. I love the journey, but the ending always makes me feel gross. In the end, I guess self-respect means more to me than grammar and believable plots.

Damn you for making me realize that. Why can’t you write male characters with some efficacy?

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

What a ridiculous cuckold story. I thought you were different as an author than most, but now I have to say that you also glorify cuckolding! Too bad, that's it for me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reconciliation

I love reconciliation and forgiveness..."let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...we all screw up at some point in our life. Yes it was a horrible mistake but how do you turn your back on 35 years of marriage?

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

i get the writer probably wants a happy ending but she cheated on him for a while. Unless theres kids involved i doubt many men would take her back.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Yeah, conflicted. Great writing as usual, but unsatisfying story. It may ring true to real life in some fashion, but so does a lot of banal stuff that I have no interest in sitting through. Don't need a scorched earth BTB, but the women in these stories are almost always painted as unlikable people, and the men are all hopelessly in love with him, no matter what they do. Addiction is obviously a real thing, but I can't get into the vibe, no matter how well it's depicted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

just another WIMP story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another wimp story.

Author's almost all the stories are having wimp hero. This is sad but true fact more or less same with this site. Men are becoming more & more from Bruce Jenner to Caitlin Jenner. It's been so sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well written story (as usual) but don't like the husband going back with his cheating ex...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bleh

You’re the king of stories about hopeless cucks. I read a couple to see if there is any variety, but they all follow the same RAAC formula. Thanks, but I’ll pass in the future.

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Well paced

Story was easy to read and flowed beautifully. Extremely well edited and enjoyed the vocabulary. The wife was crafted nicely as the perfect manipulator and Tommy dearest, after his character switch up from the last story, a perfect vessel for her manipulations. Fully enjoyed the nautical aspects of the story. However, although Jeanneau is a part of the Beneteau group. I think I would prefer the Beneteau, lovely design and best rigging for solo sailing in my humble opinion. Looking forward to your next story. Lift Anchor and take us somewhere nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another well written story

Entertaining. Good characters. Nice dialogue. Right up until the end when he didn't take a job elsewhere and considered letting the cheating, lying slut back into his life. If it had been a one-off with Anderson, maybe, after some counseling, he could have gotten past her affair. But lying for 6 months? No fucking way! I can understand not going off with Chris because of the age and career path conflicts. But he'll never be able to forget or forgive Rox's cheating. It will always be there in the back of his mind. Horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written...

but we get just another weak, needy husband character: "And deep down you don't want me to stop. Your pride just won't let you admit it. But we'll get past it. Anderson was just a stupid mistake, a bad mistake, but he never meant anything to me."

Yeah. Adultery is "just a mistake". This is embarrassingly shallow writing. As this dialogue is written, Rox doesn't seem to have much respect for Tommy, just as she didn't when she was fucking Anderson. Unfortunately, DQS has given Rox so many lines that show what an appalling cunt she is that all the rapprochement at the end demonstrates is that Tommy is a pathetic, needy, weak little man. In other words, he's 98% of the male MCs in LW. If you have to write men or women in an utterly demeaning way to generate "drama", your plotting and character development are poor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sometimes I wonder why I read these LW stories. I think it’s a way to expose and harden my resolve in case infidelity reaches my doorstep.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Anon Sometimes

True story

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Read it again

It was rocking along till you got to the last page and then in the paraphrased words of Robin Williams, you hung there at the edge of the cliff and then you just went right over.

You sure it’s not Dannielle?

bobareenobobareenoover 3 years ago

Really a wonderful read. Made my favorites list. Of course, it was far too nuanced to appease the BTB crowd.

I do, however, have a suggestion for you, the writer. To always satisfy the BTB crowd, you need to just add an addendum to your stories, right after the actual end. Simply state: "And then, with surprising stealth, he pulled a saber from his pants, and with lightning speed he sliced through the tendons and bones of her neck, sending her head, her face a mask of surprised agony, to the floor, where it bounced slightly then wobbled to a stop. Her headless corpse quickly collapsed to the floor, her heart still pumping blood through her jugular in a spout of diminishing, blackening, blood. Her last thought was of how badly she had hurt him when she cheated. His last words to her, as he strode away from her headless corpse, were, "You deserved that, you fucking bitch." But then he stopped, turned around, walked back, and urinated on her remains in a powerful golden stream.

With this simple addendum you will receive joyous cries of "Well done, Sir!" and "F-f-fuck that makes me feel like a real man!" A handy device to silence the chorus of the "you're a wimp and a cuckold" BTB crowd. Soon your misogyny will be hailed in the halls of Valhallah, where the Viking Gods will sing your praises as a mighty slayer of The Bitches. The BTB crowd will moan with satisfaction to see their sacred fantasies in print.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wow

he wrote a story that has an ending. maybe he can finish WWWM now!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story very much. It is one of my favorites

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

second read for me, still a good story. Guess the really loves her or just can't turn down a great piece of ass. Got to admit sex from a woman who really loves you does make a difference. Not sure I could hang in there with cheating spouse though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I am always surprised how good your writing is.

You use a pen instead of a hammer. I appreciate the deft way you navigate the various problems and gently reveal the acts which hold so much pain and damage to relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

My Cousin took his cheating wife back .. So I guess anything is possible . I would have kick her to the curb for keeps .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not bad but cucky

Not into taking back people who do deliberately hurtful things. Accidents happen but continuing is purposeful and that's a no go 3 stars

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Great story up until he went CUCK!!!

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS! Another wimpy cuckold with a RAAC ending! Another author who thinks men shouldn't have any self respect. Another story that is not worth a rating of 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written. The reflexive anti RAAC crowd does not seem to understand the main character cheated too. He is a hypocrite. His wife could have been just as shattered by learning of his affair with the beautiful Christina Dallas as her husband was by his wife banging the handsome newsman. He has no moral high ground from which to send self righteous bolts of lightning. He can understand WHY his wife cheated without escaping the suffering. His wife has yet to learn of HIS betrayal, but someday, if and when she does, she will have her own furious reaction. They are both flawed humans. Lust and circumstances bypass higher centers of ethics on a regular basis in our species. Look at the statistics. Monogamy is espoused by a majority, but obeyed by a minority in our culture. And this ignores the 1300 other cultures on the planet of which three quarters to do not even TRY to exercise monogamy. Monogamy is contrary to human biological programming. This fictional artistic creation makes actual humans think about our real lives. It is an achievement to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

DQS writes high quality well conceived stories. I read every story I find with het/his name.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Many comments are by confused people. They get confused thinking parts of a story are not real or not what they would do. Our culture is completely messed up thinking lust is love and that love is eternal. Not true. Just a figment of the Romantic era suffering from an overdose of Byron and his ilk. Even Guinevere could control her lust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is not this guys best work . I hope the next story is better

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

You are an excellent writer but clearly you have a deep distaste for men.

Like your last story this was a such a forced RAAC story like the other of yours I read an hour ago, and its obvious you think all men think with their little head and literally have no self respect. If the roles had been reversed I would call her a dumb c*nt and he is the make version of that particular moniker.

I dont know if youre still writing but at this point I wont bother reading anything else you've done. When a cheater fucks someone for 6 months and the best you can get her to say is "I love you and I made a mistake" you are slapping your readers in the face.

Excellent writing talent, horribly thought out stories. 1 star.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 3 years ago
Words matter... 'a mistake'?

This author uses words very purposefully. Words matter. Words matter so much to the author and the plots of his stories that they are often reflected in the title of his stories. Examples include, When We Were Married, Slip of the Tongue, Moment of Clarity, The Last Goodbye. In each case, the story’s plot revolves around how the protagonist(s) responds to the words that matter (example details below).

With such powerful words and feelings, this author’s works are among my favorites, but I find myself confused. For someone who places such a tremendous value on words, their meaning, and their impact, how does the husband, while explaining why a lack of trust will always keep them apart, refer to his wife’s six-month affair as ‘a mistake’?

Perhaps ‘mistake’ is used to reflect the hubby’s feelings about his own dalliance – which we learn about later. However, mistakes imply lack of intent (see Cambridge dictionary for synonyms blunder, slip, mix-up, gaffe) and are things that can readily be forgiven. I don’t think anyone dealing with the pain and mistrust caused by a six-month affair would naturally (or voluntarily) characterize it as ‘a mistake’.

This author seems to be a romantic at heart that wants improbable reconciliations. I have no fundamental problem with that approach/philosophy. But reconciliations are hard. They should be hard. They should also be honest. My peeve with DQS1’s stories is that the writing is so precise and powerful… until it comes to facilitating a reconciliation. At some critical juncture, the precision disappears as if by magic to allow the betrayal and pain to be artificially minimized (e.g., affairs are just 'mistakes' oops) – to ease the path towards an improbable reconciliation. As a result, the reconciliations feel … similarly artificial.

Please remember that this author is one of my favorites. Thus, this critique is not intended to bash the author or his stories. It is intended as a constructive critique…

Example Details:

When We Were Married” - “when we were married” – when words (mistakenly) spoken by wife, husband realizes, from this single slip of the tongue, that his wife is having an affair.

Slip of the Tongue - “it is my great pleasure to introduce a man I'm having sex with, Robert Anderson” - when words (mistakenly) spoken by wife, husband realizes/learns, from this single slip of the tongue, that his wife is having an affair.

Moment of Clarity - "You never said, 'Don't go, please don't go'” - when words NOT spoken by wife, husband realizes, their relationship is doomed because his wife doesn’t love him in a way that matters.

The Last Goodbye - 'I LOVE YOU! ALWAYS HAVE -- ALWAYS WILL!’ – the plot also turns on the word ‘incoherent’. These words reveal the true depth of love they have for one another which enables them to find a path together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dumb shit. She will do the same thing again and again. He is thinking with the wrong head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yep, prime example of a cuck. Have fun the next time she cheats on your sorry ass. Probably will really have AIDS then.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

A couple of assholes who cheated on each other and got back together. I feel like I just wasted a few minutes of my life just reading this tale. Three Stars for excellent writing.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 3 years ago

A good 5 star read, but not as good as 'Separate Vacations'. The writing is good, but there are short sections where it becomes 'clunky' showing the need for better editing. This is a tale of two cheaters who thoroughly deserve each other. However, I think that their childlessness could have been explored more. It is mentioned, but not explained, that they could not have children - so was this the cause of their cheating? Why didn't they just opt for an open marriage? Anyway, the story kept me entertained for an evening.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

The only decent person in the story is the devout Christian owner. The MC’s ‘friends’ don’t tell him about the affair, he’s having one too, the new State Attorney is the guy that had MMF sex with the fatale in WWWM, and everyone is lusting over everyone else. These are vile people. The author seems to think that it’s normal to think about someone else while having sex with your spouse. He puts it in all his stories. That’s certainly not normal for me and my group.

MacHardyMacHardyalmost 3 years ago

I liked it. Different from the BTB trend, The characters are realistic against the backdrop of Public Relations, media and TV, although the insistence on size of breasts and genitalia is amusing. A good story.

kamdev99008kamdev99008almost 3 years ago

Fucking crap.... I Love Sluts.. So always ready to take them back

He left and deserted his love to his parents and siblings.... Except for social and festival gatherings... Even having a natural bondage with them... By blood and birth...

But..

He can't left and be loveless to a slut.... Being only in a social relation bonded by some bows, already broken by her by whoring around with man or men other than her husband.

May be this wimpy, cuckold and perverted culture is acceptable by americans.... In the name of heartily love..

In india we never accept this not only socially but logically and emotionally too.... Except the blind followers of american lifestyle

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was a good story till he made himself a cuck. Can’t trust her anymore. Yes she will find another cock on the side. He’s a fool

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Most of the time I am a BTB fan. However, he was already cheating on her. He apparently cheating for the same reason she was. They loved one another, neither was looking for an affair but the other (he/she) was just so irresistible hat neither Tommy or Rox could resist them. They both cared about their extra marital partners but were in love with one another and did not appear to be moving towards leaving for their extra marital lover. My biggest problem is most guys view "getting" someone else's partner as a victory over the other male. And the anchor was definitely one of those. I would make sure she never wanted to try it again, but being aware of my hypocrisy I could not be harsh and I think Tommy was doing a good job of supplying the right level of negative reinforcement to Rox but not enough for the dickhead.

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWEalmost 3 years ago

No payback? 1 star...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the story. Loved it even. Whether or not the couple got back together was kind of dictated by the characters and it did feel natural. I know the Anon screamers will hate that he took her back, projecting their own failings onto fictional characters. But.... He went completely into the righteous and indignant deep end of the pool over her cheating; Fair enough, people are allowed to have strict monogamy standards along with enforcing them. But it turns out he had his own sideline? It was perfectly OK for him to cheat but not her? He quickly went from justice to creep in my eyes. Not that he fell, temptation is everywhere. But that he holds her to a standard he didn't even feel the slightest remorse that he didn't meet. This just felt like a masculine power play on that last chapter. Twisted ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So, what we have here is the story of a pair of hypocrites. I guess they deserve each other, but I feel a little bit dirtied for having read it.

Slick742Slick742over 2 years ago

I felt early on that she should be burned but as the story developed it swayed me back. I keep this story around because it grabs you and you feel for both of them. Hell getting divorced is being burned. And hey this is a story...enjoy it.

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 2 years ago

First of all, great sex scenes totally worth it, good twist about the husband cheating as well. And no it doesn't make him a hypocrite for reacting the way he did because there was indeed a difference, still the difference doesn't justify what he did nor make things rigth by any strech. I think that for this two to really try to re-star something the husband should reveal what he did and the two work from there as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Both a couple of losers looking to lose again... same old story of two pathological dysfunctional cheats perpetually dysfunctioning till death do them part.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Im sorry, this was really well written, and totally enjoyable until you had to create a reason (the over done even by the standards of when this was written) to make him an accepting cuck.

And her stalking him....did you think that was normal in any way shape or form? No, what she had wasnt love it was insanity. You wrote a woman who was not well, and still made her husband a cuck.

Sorry this was 6 pages of epic fail when it could have been a total mic drop.

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Another pathetic author writing about a man who has no self respect. And another 1 star story because of that.

LkochhhLkochhhover 2 years ago

Reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor ans Richard Burton and their on-off marriage. Quite possibly, our couple will enter a circle of living together, cheating, separating again - repeat. Well told!

Denham_ForrestDenham_Forrestover 2 years ago

I only read a few comments, but it didn't take many for the double standard trolls to show their hand.

Either these folks don't read the tale or they are just so one track minded and thick that they fail to realise Tommy had been cheating on Rox long before she strayed from the straight and narrow. I will admit that I failed to notice any hints of that infidelity early in the tale and really did sneak it up on them.

Hey but I've never been shy of using a-hole hero/narrators myself so you won't find me complaining.

Should the reader have your doubts go back and read page five again but this times read the bleeding words carefully.

DC

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a very good story. Would have been even better to get into Rox's psyche as to why this guy rather than the others she knocked back. Well written, 5 stars.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Another story of double standards. Well written though.

Why was he so hurt? He could place himself at her shoes and forgive her long ago, but maybe what heart him most was the length of the affair and the look she gave her lover. You can decide you did wrong and never continue but she decided to continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent writing, 2nd time reading, They both obviously worked in a business full shallow people with no sense of fidelity and easily accepting of temptation, just 5⭐️.

ErotFanErotFanabout 2 years ago

I'm a sucker for a RAAC story. Yours are some f the best!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

I did love how he got all indignant and hurt that she did what he had done before her.

Yes, he "liked" Chris and she obviously felt more for Anderson....but thats only a marginal part of dealing with a cheating spouse.

Honestly who would have the audacity to say "I didnt fall in love with the woman I was cheating with, but you did fall for the guy you were fucking"? The MC was a fragile male and neither of them are worth a shit as humans, and yes, they belong together...not in that lovely dovey sweet couple way...more in that please spare other people from having to deal with them way.

I did love the story even with the cliched double cheating spouse plot.

To bad you left and never returned. I do enjoy your writing, even when the stories fall a little short at times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He says she made a "mistake"? Six months of cheating is not a mistake. It is planned action. She admits why, she admits how she knew it would kill the marriage, she says it was worth it at the time. I like her honesty. I agree with the divorce. I agree his time with the other chick was just a a great spice of ass and she does need to go.

I see no wrong in getting together with the ex as long as they get STD tests now and then and they see other people. No way are either of them marriage material. Friends who have sex, sure. Live together and plan children? Hell no.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous