All Comments on 'Social Media Status'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 113 Comments
Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

could use some consequences I guess. But the romance with Mandy was a nice counterbalance to Abby's selfishness.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!

5

KarnevilKarnevil8 months ago

A rather unsavoury bunch of charecters all round, not only that but the main couple were also idiots. Or maybe not so idiotic after all: it seems the marriage was pretty much doomed anyway, and both parties were obviously better off out of it. Abby's idea was stupid, but par for the course in loving wives, and Bill was just as dumb to go along with it. But in the end it led them to realise they were over, but in a far more exciting way and without the expense of some quack marriage councillor.

As a sidenote: I imagine Abby will get the usual abuse from certain commenters, but the real bitches here were Shelly and Mandy. A couple of scheming witches, ever prepared to dig their grasping claws into any unwitting sap.

jasonnhjasonnh8 months ago

"selfish people will always want more and they will never be satisfied with what they have"

This is the crux of the story. Further, guys tend to be "fixers", trying to "repair" things and make them work. The combination of a selfish person and someone who is trying to satisfy (fix) them can be toxic. It was painful to see Bill being manipulated but gratifying to see him finally work it out. It seems clear that, even if Abby hadn't cheated, Bill had reached the end of his accommodations with her. Abby's cheating simply clarified the situation.

The outcome for Bill was nice. The outcome for Abby was undefined. The "typical" Loving Wives story ends with consequences for the cheating wife. This story lacks consequences for Abby. She was apparently looking for new people to fuck. It would have been "just" for her to get exactly that, but no one to love her.

GarySmith69GarySmith698 months ago

Most wives in types of stories are dumb, but I think Abby is very dumb. Surely if she hates sex with her husband so much she could have told him a long time ago. Call me old fashioned but "dating" another man and having sex with that man generally tends to be detrimental to most marriages if the husband is against the idea.

114FSO114FSO8 months ago

Another ENTITLED Cunt wanting her cake and able to eat it also. Serves her right. Now she can be put on the menu as a used bitch in heat, waiting for the next dick to stick in her. I certainly hope she has stock in a pill company that offers "PLAN B" as an alternative. What and entitled female.

demanderdemander8 months ago

The story gives no reason at all for Abby's loss of interest. So? D

SkubabillSkubabill8 months ago

I give the story four stars but overall I agree with Bacchant2.

MasterKoteMasterKote8 months ago

Honestly felt the end was too quick and would've been much better with 1 last dialogue from the ex

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhy8 months ago

Story had promise that could go either way. Unfortunately it went a cliche way. Girls night out, boozed up looses all frame of thought, the boo hoo tears after falling for a slick euro predator. And of course the euro was a weasely frenchman. She might just have been a booze lush, needed some social lubricant to get the wheels turning.

maxx308maxx3088 months ago

Sadly the story was as miserable as their marriage.

miket0422miket04228 months ago

Goo story but, it felt like a partial story to me.

TrustingagainTrustingagain8 months ago

MC knew what the outcome was going to be, as obvious as it was, and should have just tossed her to the curb as soon as she opened her mouth.

mainer42mainer428 months ago

agree with MasterKote, ended too soon

OOAAOOAA8 months ago

Good story!!! Well done!

spence5969spence59698 months ago

Unlike others, I do not see this as having no consequences, personally I think divorce is one of the biggest consequences there is. While I gave it four stars, I was not happy that the MC simply jumped into another relationship right away, makes him sound like he's in high school or college, ready to jump from one relationship to other, rather than a broken-hearted man who was torn from a long marriage. Like some others who commented, I also would have liked to have seen what happened to Abby after the divorce. I would also have liked to know why they did not have children, as well as knowing how long they had been married. Finally, I had no issue with Mandy, she was a woman who had an interest in a man, and so an opening to express that interest. It wasn't like she approached him prior to the revelation of his "open marriage". Shelly, on the other, does come off as a bit of a shrew as written. You needed to develop that character and her relationship with Bill a bit more. Is she older than him, and being a bit of a mother hen, or is she about the same age, and looks at him as a naive brother she needs to protect? But on the whole, I did enjoy the story, and I disagree that its predictable. She could have realized on the girls night out that dating isn't as fun as she remembered, or had come to the realization that she truly loved her husband when she ended up in the Frenchman's room, and run home. Or, in the hotel room, she could have tried to leave, and been date-raped.

Slick742Slick7428 months ago

Great up to the no-ending. thanks...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Maybe this is why monogamy is going out the door. Not satisfied; just wants to look around; spreads her legs with little resistance. And its not what it looks like. Oh well! No wonder dogs walk down the street, take a sniff, do their business and move on.

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

This is a pretty good story but the husband's willingness to bend over backwards for his wife is really hard to understand. The husbands initial assessment was fundamentally flawed in3 ways.

.

FIRST The wife refusal to have actual penetrative intercourse but would allow her husband to go down on her and not return the favor is a sign that the marriage is over or the wife has some sort of serious medical condition. If it is not in medical condition then the wife simply doesn't give a shit what the husband wants or does not want.

.

Second women in their late 30s usually don't decide to shut down all sex with their partner. The fact that the wife would not agree to Medical investigation into what's going on with her or psychological investigation is a huge warning sign that she does not want her husband around anymore.

.

THIRD The wife's premise Is that she's really afraid of Taking hormones or medicine is a lie. The wife may actually have reluctance to take medicine but is that more important than her marriage? Clearly the answer is yes. When the wife decided to change her Facebook status without telling her husband it proved beyond all doubt that the wife's entire premise is a lie. But even worse she had to know that making this change would cause her husband tremendous embarrassment and she didn't care. His reaction to this Sudden Change never entered her head. He was never part of her calculus.

JensensloverJensenslover8 months ago

Long build up to a piss poor ending, did you get bored with your own story?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Predictable events all the way. 4

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle8 months ago

Going from married to a rebound and then into a relationship is the epitome of idiocy.

All of your characters were villains in one form or another. Thanks for wasting my time.

mndhanson017mndhanson0178 months ago

Kind of wished we could have seen what Abby's fate was, did she go after Jean-Luc or just wallow in misery, since her friends were not surprised, did they do anything to comfort her or snark at her for her selfishness?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another fem POV one-sided tale, where the cheating wife get untouched and the husband behave like a wimp idiot. No good.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked it, but the ending was kind of abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What happened to her? She become the slut for all the guys in town?

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

1 star - This story makes no sense to me.

The marriage is automatically over the instant either one even hinted at the possibility of an 'open' relationship.

There is no way in hell either spouse would ever roll over and go to sleep, after the other spouse had provided oral orgasm - just NOT happenin'.

In our half century relationship, it has always been a prelude to the real thing and always will be, no matter which one initiates it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Adults at work, checking each others Facebook status? 1*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think there was a lot of the story missing?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story except for his agreeing to her dating. He seriously should have said at least a legal separation because no way was that going end up in anything but divorce. To stay in that marriage would be horrible. They would be room mates!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another tale about an idiot brainless husband and an even worse immature narcissistic slut wife. A totally unbelievable couple coming from the planet of apes.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Chapter 2 ?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I thought Facebook was just for a place for Gen-Xers and Boomers to post right-wing memes.

Who goes looking for dates on Facebook? There are a million dating apps.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why would she have to worry about being pregnant? Married 9 years with no kids, I assumed birth control was being used. Was the husband supposed to be sterile?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. I would like to see a couple years in the future where Bill and Mandy are happy and expecting while Abby realizes she's getting pounded every night but no man wants more from her. It was over as soon as Abby announed to the world that she was ready to sleep around.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What happens with Abby, incomplete. Great start. 4 ****

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol8 months ago

Abby's reasoning was... wonky.

Bill was amazingly patient, but by the end... doomed.

Thanks for the story! The premise was interesting!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You set the story up and just boom it's over no real emotional ending at all

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon8 months ago

I'd rather have my fingernails pulled put with rusty pliers than read something like this again.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story but it's kind of a bitch to find your marriage dissolving on social media. Bad commentary on today's society.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

All the best stories in LW have a wife that is so far, far away beyond delusional that she actually starts to believe her own BS then can't work out why it's all blown up in her face. This story is no exception. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

As usual, everything escalates due to alcohol. When will someone write a good story that doesn't involve alcohol whatsoever? or drugs? Not everyone drinks. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just felt incomplete. At least Bill seemed to have landed on his feet. Abby wasn’t right for him no matter what the root of her issues were. Story should have provide some clue as to how she landed, though.

.

3 ***

Tomh1966Tomh19668 months ago

Great building up then... BAM done. Should have been another page starting with page 3. Mandy relationship should have been more and longer.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Okau, but missed out on a legal separation. Which should be the instant response to a "I want to date someone else."

Schwanze1Schwanze18 months ago

Partial? WTF is that bs? Story is obviously complete. You need more?

“French prick gave her aids and she died miserable and alone.”

Happy now? 🙄

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"I love how you make me feel when you go down on me, but as soon as I finish, I seem to lose interest." - So maybe she should do him first.

\

"I don't know if my lack of interest in sex is universal, or if it's just with you." - Other than the cheating or cuck aspect, does it really matter? If she's lost interest on sex with her husband, that's a deal breaker.

\

"I've read so much about the dangers of taking hormones and supplements" - TALKING to a doctor doesn't mean taking anything.

\

"we've agreed to an open relationship" - Um, isn't that a LIMITED open relationship?

\

"used his right index finger to lightly draw circles on Abby's knee" - What happened to "no contact below the waist?" Her first contact, and she's already violated Rule #1!

\

"At her car, they kissed deeply for a few minutes before Abby pushed him away and climbed into her car." - Rule #2 SHOULD have been no deep kissing.

\

You kept changing the spelling of Jean-Luc's name, changing the "c" to a "k" and changing the upper-case "L" to lower-case.

\

"Bill, It's not what it looks like." - LOL, it's EXACTLY what it looks like.

\

Surprisingly, for once it wasn't the sex itself, but the overall situation. As soon as she found herself sexually attracted to Jean-Luc she should have run home and given herself to her husband, and hope that it didn't wear off when she realized that it was him.

\

Knew this wouldn't work out when she had already broken the rules the very first time.

\

I can't agree with Karnevil, the only unsavory character was Rob. As for Shelly, she was just his PA, not looking to get her hooks into anything, and Mandy didn't do anything untl Abby changed her FB status.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That ending was quite sudden. Coud have been better.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written and appropriate resolution. Worth the read

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

No great surprises here and the storyline was very believable. We never had quite the depth I would have liked about their marriage that would have lead to their demise, but still a complete plot. 4.5*

crazycam69crazycam698 months ago

Very good story. However, like so many stories here, the ending felt way too rushed.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed8 months ago

This was a good story overall. Some commenters saw Bill as week. I saw a guy who was almost certain what was going to happen and gave her enough rope to hang herself without giving the lawyers a bunch of money to start with separation papers when he knew his wife was done as soon as she “opened” the marriage. The wife was all about her feelings only anyway. This one gets a 4.

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

Glad he did well after his wife noped out of the marriage.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now8 months ago

Good story. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The woman needs treatment. Don't know whether it should be physical or mental. Makes her decision(s) based on an emotional response and burns both their worlds down.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Totally unbelievable characters and so the entire plot: were they living in wonderland or in this planet ? The idiot husband accepted to play this marriage destroying game and then he wonders for the disastrous outcome ? Not a single neuron in the brains of this demented immature couple ? And in this tale all the idiots ended quite well, because in real life things can get very much worse.

BSreaderBSreader8 months ago
She

Got what she really wanted. He should have filed as soon as she came up with lame idea. Wimp husband cheating wife

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Losing interest = losing love, period!

ken philipsken philips8 months ago

Actually a really sad story. He is weak as p, and she needs a good psychologist

xtc5xtc58 months ago

Good story, but you could have worked the ending more. It seamed vary nonchalant IMHO.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture8 months ago

Would have been nice to see what the ex thought about what she had lost maybe a part 2 from her side of losing everything she held dear to her and see she came out worse off

BSreaderBSreader8 months ago
I didn't

Like the ending, the husband should have filed for divorce right after her stupid decision to open there marriage that is an admission of how she really feels he wasted 12 years and she showed disrespect to him by doing this.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

3* for the effort, but disappointed that the author took the cliche route instead of a deeper analysis of the couple’s malaise.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

I like it.

It was quite a straight forward affair for Bill.

Glad he found some new partner for a while.

At least Abby is now enjoying being a 403, the town bike.

If only Regguy69 could find time for an epilogue though.

Which of Bill and Abby having a good life in the aftermath.

Thanks Regguy67 for sharing this.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c18 months ago

Who would agree to that? I am not attracted to you. I will see a lawyer tomorrow then.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Pretty good. Bill was a bit of dumb ass, but he finally added 1 + 1 and got 2.

Three stars.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove8 months ago

Well, at least they can both move on. It is just sad. Every marriage loses some passion as the years go by. I think people today are less willing to work things out during rough times, and too selfish to put their spouse above themselves. It is also too damn easy to get a divorce these days not to mention the fact that cheating and immorality is glorified today on tv reality show garbage and the internet. We need to fix things or we are finished as a society

kkceohcskkceohcs8 months ago

I was always questioning myself 8n my first marriage. Hoping she just didn't want sex or even intimacy anymore. She was just a bitch. No sex and controlling.

Great job!

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

He should have dumped the cheating bitch when she brought up the stupid idea, or when she denied him sex would have been even better.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There was truly no doubt where their marriage was heading, even before she came up with the idea of seeing what dating other men would be like. Why he agreed to it, instead of going straight for a divorce is beyond me, but then again I'm not the author! I'm also surprised she didn't try to hide the first time encounter, so she could keep doing it, because she'll probably find out the cheating was the aphrodisiac that spiced up the sex. The author made her out to be a little less of a narcissist than she could have been. I enjoyed the story and the quality of writing was good, 5*.

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A good story, but only half done without Abby's epilogue. What happened to her? I don't really blame her if she just became physically detached from her husband. I suppose that happens. At least she told him and tried to determine the outcome. Would it have been better if she hid her discontent, had children, and then ended up cheating when she finally met Mr. Right? I think this a a sad but plausible story, and maybe Not sad if both parties end up with better long term relationships. That's why Abby's story is needed to close the loop. It would make sense if Abby goes through this a few more times with a few more husbands before she realizes who the real problem is.

PowersworderPowersworder8 months ago

It was good until it ended abruptly.

You should've covered the divorce and what happened to both of them afterwards.

HeartThatOffendsHeartThatOffends8 months ago

Reminded me of a reddit post in the subject matter. Looks good.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Maybe I'm just old but as soon as the wife started her little 'woa is me' shit it should have been a seperation with her moving out with the understanding that if she TOUCHED another person with any itimacy it was divorce. You can get your motor running with out touching and that would have been enough to let them know.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So sophomoric and shallow, nothing deep or compelling about it. 3/5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I am so tired of men in these stories that are mentally handicapped. I like most of your stories Reg, but for fk sake, I stopped first page and said how fkn stupid. Look she is the typical self-entitled narcissist that women are, however why is he so dumb? The bottom line the bitch isn't interested in sex with him anymore, ok fine time for him to divorce and move on, whether or not she is interested in sex with other men or not - SHE ISN'T INTERESTED IN SEX WITH HIM! - pretty simple why would even an idiot hang around prolonging their own suffering as well as looking like a willing cuckold-(which implies you are an honorless coward with no valor or self-respect) to all you friends and family, NO even the dumbest man knows you file immediately why subject yourself to prolonged disrespect and humiliation bundled with pain and suffering. Please use some God dumb logic when coming up with storylines.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice, short, and to the point! Kudos for skipping the obligatory rambling LW backstory (Nobody cares how they met and where they went on their first date, right?), and thanks for skipping the bank account, credit card, and cell phone plan screed. This was a sad but well-written and easy-to-read story.

-

As usual, the smooth-brain BTBAAC Cabal can't see beyond their black-and-white view where everything in the universe exists as either cuck sh*t/Non-cuck sh*t. Does anyone ever wonder what it's like to wake up inside their head every day? 'Splains a lot, huh?

-

Fives up and down.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interesting premise. I would have liked to know more about Abby's thinking after Jean-Luc. What does she think / hope will happen, and why?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just unbelievable! She blindsides her husband with a status change & the idiot agrees! No way that happens, unless the hubby's either spineless or a cuck... or a total loser. This husband doesn't seem like a cuck or a loser, but is spineless in not demanding that she sees a doctor AND def not agree to her open marriage bullshit. Which was, in effect, a chance to see other men & fuck them if the opportunity presents itsself. The wife's a bitch for doing this, he's at least a fool for going along.

I agree with the commenter below that, she not wanting to see a counsellor or a doctor but date other guys to supposedly find out... divorce had to be the thing to do. At the latest, when he walked out saying he shouldn't have agreed to it, record the conversation & his now refusal for her plans. If she goes on the date, she can't say he agreed. But by then it might've been almost too late. 2 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Apart from really stupid characters in this story there is another problem - no ending. The marriage does not end by serving papers although this is a standard cliche in LE. There would be recriminations, division of property, spousal support litigation etc. The author is as light headed as his characters - facebook status and that's it. By the way who reads somebody's status on facebook? Idle housewives?

oldmanbill69oldmanbill698 months ago

Even i could see the train coming.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I enjoyed the story up to the ending. It was too simple. Too easy.

I would encourage you to write a follow up with a different ending.

IndyOnIndyOn8 months ago

When will part 2 be posted? OR....FTDS....Finish The Damn Story.....*3* but could change!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

he waited a couple of months to long. Gone after the first pity fuck was offered, because it would never have been accepted or tolerated. The lack of respect alone would dictate a divorce with no going back. Facebook status would be......................THERE WOULDN'T BE STATUS! YOU HAVE TO JOIN THAT SITE FOR SELF INDULGENT AND NARCISSISTIC TO WORRY ABOUT OTHERS THINK AND KNOW.

One no ya and two don't really care that you had a "latte" and danish and NO I don't need to know what a "great" influence r you think you are in your own little mind.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Thanks for the story. Rally enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit8 months ago

Interesting story and, I think, plausible. There are lots of partners who just lose interest in each other and are unable to admit it. Getting cheated on as a result just makes it worse.

WargamerWargamer8 months ago

Again another sped up ending. Of all the interesting ways you could’ve ended this story you chose the easiest and shortest way. How unsatisfying.

You ruined a decent story with an awful ending, no real sorrow, no angst and no hysterics.

Scores 3/5 for an ordinary tale

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good effort. It could have been better if the ending had been more complete. What happens in the next few months?

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

Rushed ending

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Who cares what happened to Abbey? Did she find a new Mr. Wonderful or did she end up with only one night stands and losers that used her, a sad broken women.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Disappointing. The buildup with the wetid agreement to suddenly he knows she cheated, she begs him for counseling, he divorces her, she gets served and his relationship status has changed. All in like a quarter of a page...

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

Hoping for an alternate ending maybe¿¡

shadrachtshadracht7 months ago

Two pages of build up, zero pages of repercussions. Zero resolution other than a summary. What was there was decently written but HORRIBLY paced.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think somewhere in her physche she knew what was going to happen. Too bad she let it without trying to save her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A good story and I hate to say it some of it hard on me because of things that happened to me in My marriage. no she did not step out on me or I don't think she ever did but because i am a man of Honor I had told my wife if you walk down the Ilse and we exchange rings with the I do's the only way out of this marriage is one of will be dead! After my son was born and we had in the past talked about having at least two to three Kids She on her own decide without talking to me that Our son would be the only child we had so I went through the next 35 years in a complete sexless marriage where even at times She never said she Loved me gave me a hug or kiss the whole year. Now She has passed due to COVID And now year later still have questions that will not be answer till I am gone as well and see her on the other side!

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

Enjoyed the story but would really appreciate a part 2 that expand on the ending. It turned from a well written accounting of the relationship to a book cover summary of and ending...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What happens when sex becomes the focus of marriage and effectively getting the best sex is THE life goal? A 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Can we please get a part 2? It felt like Abby. just got away with it. I hope she ends up lonely. What she did is so fucked up

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Divorcing her best decision little late, the day you saw the status in facebook ,you should gave her a divorce ,she lost interest in you or had experienced better sex outside..

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...