Someone Else's Daughter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Christine was going to be studying International Relations with a minor in East Asian Languages. She was planning to spend at least a year of university living with her grandparents on exchange in Japan.

Karen looked on from her seat in the row, marveling at the poised, mature, and radiant woman walking along the stage to receive her diploma. In the intervening years, Karen had re-connected with her children, proximity making it easier to visit with her children since Kenji was very liberal with visitation. Only, she was now "Mother", Colleen assuming the mantle of "Mom".

Karen stayed at her job at the theatre and had moved to an apartment in Kitchener. She was still landing bit parts on shows filming in and around Southwestern Ontario, aptly many times as the "neighbourhood Karen".

As Karen watched her family interact with each other and with Christine, she was overwhelmed with pride at the woman that she had, and would, become. In that moment, she realized she had little right to be proud. While she and Brock combined to give Christine life, her own selfishness had meant that Christine became who she was despite her absence. The love, care, and attention that her parents, her sister, Amelia, her ex-in-laws, Colleen, and Kenji had shown meant that Christine had grown up to be the wonderful woman she was today. Christine would go on to do amazing things, and Karen had chosen not to have a hand in that.

A tear formed in her eye as she watched Christine throw herself at Kenji, her father, for a long and tearful hug. Karen turned and walked away knowing that Christine was no longer her daughter, that she was someone else's daughter.

END

1...67891011