Space Wrecker Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Felidae-ians are an exacting race about proper protocol. Moreover, with your choice of a royal daughter, it might best that you follow their customary rituals. I am sure dad would love the video chat no matter what the occasion. It is obvious that you are his favorite grandchild, but I can not, nor will not, admit, nor confirm 'that' to your brothers and sisters. I don't know if you have to the time to jump to earth and do this, face to face with your current schedule. So make the time to at least video chat your grandfather ASAP.

And son, I expect you and your mate home for the holidays this year. You missed the last four because of school, then your internship. You used the starving student excuse, the need to study excuse, then, the having to prove yourself with the company excuse. Last year, I know you were out on that luxury liner job, and did not get home in time. The family and I accepted all of them. But! As an OWNER, operator of the Galveston, You now have no excuses this year. The family farm or crèche is not the same without you during the holidays. So yours and our newest daughter-in-law presence, is, expected this year.

As always, be true to your heart in the matters of love and business.

I sat there rereading the electronic mail. How did my father know what a crèche was? And Grandfather? How did granddad know about Felidae mating rituals? I sat there lost in thought. My tablet had long since turned its screen off. I did not realize Julie was standing in front of me until she lifted my head to look up at her.

"Space station Briggs calling Captain Mark Walker do you copy?"

I smiled, "Sorry, are you done already?

"Already? Been at that tiny monitor they call a computer for over two hours."

I looked up and sure enough, it was just before noon station time. I grinned, "I know I don't have to ask...,"

Julie laughed and tapped her wrist tablet, she proudly showed me her UN Pilots license with a full commercial endorsements. I stood up to hug Julie, but she stopped me and just pulled me in and touched her nose to mine. An odd, new type of behavior, Felidae's PDA? I just went with it.

Julie smiled at me, "I was talking with the nice lady at the counter, and she told me about a place that serves Philly cheese steaks. My mom used to tell me stories, about eating them when she was growing up."

I grinned at her, "Well I guess you have the right to choose what you want to eat to celebrate passing your pilots license test."

Julie smiled and pulled me out of the Pilots Licensing Division..., "Now serving A-90 at window 2."

As we were waiting at the elevator, Julie tilted her head looking at me, "Do all humans celebrate passing every single test?"

I chuckled as we got onto the elevator. I tried to explain the big accomplishments as kids growing up. Then I said, "Remember as humans, we learn slower, so those big tests like pilot's license, graduating high school, college, and even later on in life like getting your commercial endorsement are a big events in human's lives."

Julie nodded yes in thought. We spent the last week talking about the differences growing up among other things, like making love. Ok, we spent a lot of time making love, exploring each other's body. Beyond that..., mainly about cultural backgrounds and how each needed to say something if they did not understand what the other was trying to say or mean.

Julie smiled when she thought she understood the human aspect and then nodded yes. "Those three hundred and sixty-eight questions were a little tricky, on how they worded them. However, the answers were in that little pamphlet I read."

I nearly choked when she said pamphlet, the thing was like three hundred pages of rules and regulations, not including a couple of hundred more pages to get your class 'C' commercial endorsement.

Julie grinned at me trying not to laugh, "So a little celebrator lunch is in order. And I do want to try this Philly cheese steak thing, with fries topped with something called cheese wiz, a coke and a bottle of water."

I looked at Julie for an explanation.

Julie grinned at me, "It was something mother used to talk about growing up in a town called Philadelphia. She said after her and her friends would go out clubbing," Julie smiled and posed for me sexually, "which also sounds, kind of, interesting! She, mom and her friends, they, would end up at stopping for a coke and a cheese steak. I do not know what they, either really taste like, but when the nice woman was talking to me, she mentioned that she was looking forward to having one for lunch. Then remembering mom's stories, I would really like to try one."

As we made our way down to the main promenade deck, I showed Julie my father's email.

Julie read it several times, then grinned and explained the mating protocols as we walked to the restaurant. I noticed she did not mention the political ramifications of a relation between our species. As she mainly described the cultural of Felidae-ian mating rituals, they reminded me of some of the older, Earth ones I have read about from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. The walking out by the couple with a chaperone, to the required length, time and types of allowed dating the couple were required to do before a mating could occur. Pretty much all of them except Felidae-ians did not have an official religious ceremony.

After something along the lines of dating, more like walking out and attending social events together, the couple decides to a mating. It is then, that the female has to ask the male's clan leader permission to join his clan. Once the clan leader agrees, he then talks to the females clan leader and it is he, that announces to the community that they a 'official' couple or a new crèche.

"I was worried about not meeting your grandfather." Julie said, "On Domnia, after your clan leader and father agree to the mating, father would have to, hire official criers to announce the..., bann's, for two weeks before I could officially join your clan and your crèche."

We found, The Philadelphia, a small restaurant with neon lighting and Philadelphia Pennsylvania memorabilia on its walls. I was not a big fan of cheese wiz, but we ordered two Geno specials and waited for our order.

I looked at Julie, "I didn't know how important this was to you. Do you think we should take the time to visit granddad on earth? It is about a twenty eight hour flight, four or five jumps if I remember correctly."

Julie looked at me, "It is and it isn't Mark. Part of me knows most of the Felidae people won't care, especially for a half breed like me."

I was about to say something but Julie reached over and touched my lips with her finger.

"Remember our vow and let the other finish, first. As I said, part of the people would not care if I followed mating traditions, and part of me says I should not care either. However, a small part of me says I should be better than they should, and that, part of me says it is my families and the people's tradition. Therefore, if we could, I would like to meet your grandfather and ask. I know it will make father happy, knowing that I still follow family traditions." Julie grinned impishly at me, "Even though father does consider us a mated couple now."

I tapped my wrist tablet and looked for the fastest route to earth. I was looking at our options when our food came. I watched Julie try her sandwich first. The real fun part was watching her try to use the straw. I learned that certain races with long muzzles could not make a strong enough vacuum in the front part of their mouth to drink from a straw and never invented it.

The waitress must have known and brought an extra-long straw she said the Lazrid people preferred and with a little trial and error, Julie got her first taste of Coca-Cola. The look on her face said she loved the sweet drink.

With a quick look around, she pulled the top off and stuck her long tongue into the glass to lap a little up and to get a full taste on her tongue. Just seeing her do that made me hard. She had demonstrated her tongue abilities several times on our trip from Taurus to here. In fact, it has been non-stop blowjobs for the last week, with several rounds of full on sex thrown in-between.

Julie did explain it, once, saying she was just picking up her mates scent, I guess she picked it up from oral sex, not that I was complaining here either. Julie's sense of smell was at least twenty times better than mine, well most humans, and when she used her tongue, well I get an instant hard on. She smiled at me looking down, then leaned over and touched her nose to mine saying, "I am happy to see and smell that I excite you my mate."

I was going to kiss her but she pulled away and took another bite of her sandwich. We could have had gotten away with ordering one sandwich. I noticed that Julie had scrapped the cheese wiz off the half the sandwich she did eat where I suffered through it, it wasn't 'that' bad.

She looked at me staring at my tablet, "What is wrong Mark?"

I showed her the flight info. She frowned, "twenty eight and a half hours there, with a minimum six to twenty four lay over and twenty eight and a half back." She frowned, "do we have the time?"

I tapped some more trying to get Hennessey group's calendar. I had scheduled them to come seal the back half of the Conda in seven days. Their three-part sealant worked in the vacuum of space. The special designed to seal off reactor breaches. They were, scheduled, to reach Space Station Briggs in the next thirty-six hours. Going through their schedule it looked like they did not have another opening for eight weeks. I frowned and showed Julie.

She nodded, "I guess we can record a message to your grandfather." She looked around, "But let's find a better background than a restaurant?"

I nodded yes, then waved at the waitress, to pay the bill. But I was still thinking of how to get Julie to earth to meet granddad, a face to face meeting..., when it hit me.

"You know we could do one of those video call center booths I had been reading about. I read that earth is only like a three or four second delay from here."

Julie nodded and tapped on her tablet, her ears folded down a little and she turned towards me, "It is two hundred credits a minute and five hundred just to dial the number. It would be cheaper to just record our own and wait."

I smiled at her, "Julie, I would spend my last credit to make you happy. Do not fret over the cost, just tell me this would satisfy you, or do we need to cancel the Hennessey group and make a trip to earth. We could hit earth, spend a day, then jump directly to Kozar and bring something else in for a second inbound. By the time we return to Kozar the rescheduled Hennessey group could seal the back half of the Conda."

"No! I uh, I mean yes..., what I really mean is that the Conda, 'it', has to come home first, she has war dead still aboard. And that is most important thing right now, so yes to the video call, I will pay you back when...,"

I touched my nose to Julie's nose, "When you agreed to become my mate that was payment enough Love."

I touched Julie's tablet for directions to the nearest Verizon video booth center since she still had the stations directory open. I was taking the time to learn the Felidae language. Its writing was more along the lines of wiggly lines and shapes, like ancient earth cursive and ancient Babylonian writing combined. It also helped that the icon above the writing looked similar to my Windows 5150's icons. Ok, a luck guess, and the fact I saw what app she was using to find the bank.

We walked along the promenade stopping at some of the little gardens and fishponds. The Koi had Julie flexing her claws and mumbling that they looked good enough to eat. I grinned thinking, I just found my sushi partner.

We found the video booth place. Each side of the little store had a line of smoked glass rooms that had a glass door in the middle of each booth. We popped in the first one and I inserted my I.D. and tapped out the sixteen-digit phone number after I had to look it up. The system queued the I.P. then told us it was six pm. Galveston, Texas, Earth time. We acknowledged the time and ok'ed the call. Grandfather picked up, on the third ring.

Ret. Rear Admiral Sebastian Walker was in his early seventies, he was still fit and trim for man his age. Grandfather's face was deeply tanned in contrast to his bright white hair that he still kept in a neat military crew cut. He was wearing an old wrinkled tee shirt that was stained with god knows what and had several large, worn holes in it. Grandfather had always dressed down when he wasn't wearing a military uniform. He still made it look like he was wearing a fresh pressed naval uniform. He had a huge smile on his face when Julie and I appeared on his screen.

"Mark my boy how are you," he shouted in that parade grounds voice I remembered growing up.

I smiled, "Fine Grandfather, I am sorry about having to call, I would like to do this face to face, but I am, we are in a tight schedule clearing the Kozar system of wrecks."

The delay was tolerable, after a few seconds he nodded yes, "I have received the latest news from your father." He smiled, putting his balled up fist next to his lips and forced a faked cough, "and from my old sources in naval intelligence..., and then, um, that you were working for the Felidae federation, and even personally negotiated a nice little contract with King Chokota himself." His face lit up with a big sly grin, "Or so I am told."

I smiled; he knew the details well enough. "Yes Sir, if you have spoken with father, and your 'friends', then you know the reason I am, we are, calling, Sir. Grandfather, may I introduce Julie Ann Dobbins-Howfio, Julie, this is my Grandfather Retired Rear Admiral Sebastian Walker. Or should I call him Clan Leader?"

My grandfather laughed, "Clan Leader!" Then chuckled to himself. "So you two are contemplating a mating?" Grandfather nodded yes with a smile as carefully looked Julie over, "So you are Lieutenant Mary Ann Dobbins daughter. I am very pleased to meet you Julie Ann." Her turned and yelled, "Nikiti come here and meet Mark's new mate." Turning back, he looked at Julie Ann again with a mysterious smile.

Julie Ann nodded, "I don't know if I should call you Rear Admiral Walker or Clan Leader Walker, but to me, and my people Clan Leader is the proper title and higher rank than rear Admiral. Since you know who my father and mother are, there is no need to tell you of my family's linage. I only need to say my Clan has served the people of Domnia for over two thousand years, over eighty generations. We have never failed in our custodianship of the people and the planet."

Grandfather smiled, "Yes there is no need to hype your families name up and tell me about your family's service to the Felidae federation. Your family has been guiding the Felidae federation since it began. And your mother's service record speaks for itself my dear."

Grandfather's face took on a serious note as he said, "All I can say is, the, Walker Clan has served the United Nations of Planets for over eight generations, about two hundred and fifty years and close to a thousand years before its formation here in the America's. Mark here is probably the first generation that has not served the people in the military, but instead serves as a wrecker pilot, rescuing people when there ships break down. A worthy profession in my people's eyes even if they do not consider it a people's service. Although Mark has not, his old brother serves, carrying the family tradition. Our clan has stood with honor for well over fifty five generations serving our country and the human race."

Julie quickly nodded yes, and then looked down blushing. Taking a deep breath she looked up saying, "Sir, Clan Leader Walker, I Julie Ann Dobbins-Howfio come before you, seeking your permission to join the 'Walker' clan and ask that you accept me as Mark Walker's first wife."

Grandfather smiled, "Julie Ann Dobbins-Howfio, you have a suitable linage, and your family is of honest stock. Are you willing to submit to the Walker Clan and its rules under my oversight, Sebastian Walker as Clan Leader followed by my sons and my grandson Mark Walkers foresight?"

"Then as Clan Leader of the Walker Clan I hear...,"

"Then...," Just then Grandmother Nikiti walked in and sat next to grandfather. He placed his hand on top of hers "Then as Clan Leader of the Walker Clan, I will accept you into our Clan as Mark Walker's first wife and head of his crèche. The Walker Clan, is truly enriched, with your desire to join it. I will inform your father of my decision and ask him to post the bann's, so all will know that hence forth you are now considered Julie Ann Dobbins-Howfio-Walker."

"Thank you Clan Leader Walker, I will wear and honor the Walker name."

Grandmother Nikiti looked confused, then asked "Seb does this mean there married now?"

Grandfather laughed and hugged Grandmother, "Mother meet Julie Ann Dobbins-Howfio-Walker, Marks first wife."

Grandmother smiled, "Welcome to the family Julie Ann." She smacked grandfather, "You could have made a better introduction, you old fool, and Markos Walker! What this first wife thing? You better not be thinking of divorcing Julie already!"

I laughed, "Grandmother, may I introduce Julie Ann, my mate, or wife in human terms. Julie meet my grandmother, Nikiti Walker the real clan leader of the Walker clan."

Grandmother laugh, "Good boy Markos knew you were the smartest one out of Nicholas's family."

Julie smiled at grandmother, "First wife of Clan Leader Walker, I greet you."

"You may just call me Nikiti, Julie my dear. My, you are a pretty girl." Grandmother smiled at her, when she turned to look at me she narrowed her eyes and pointed to me in the screen, "Markos Walker you best treat her right! She is way out of your league boy, and treat her right! Now I really expect both of you, at Nicholas this holiday. And no more lame excuses about not attending Markos! I want to meet my new grand-daughter-in law."

"Yes Yiayiá Nikiti."

Julie looked at me, and I whispered, "It is Greek for Grandmother."

Julie looked at me, then Grandmother, then Grandfather, "I don't understand this 'holiday' thing? Is it, some sort of a custom that I should be aware of?"

Grandfather nodded yes explaining, "It is like 'Paradom Day' on Domnia Julie Ann, but for most humans it has its roots as an old religious holiday. Nevertheless, we do nearly the same things as your people on that day. Traditionally we gather the family or clan, or in our case, for several days, and then have a shared dinner most nights. But in this instance, we gather at my son's Nicholas's farm, it is the closest for the extended family and his house. His crèche house is large enough to accommodate everyone."

Julie nodded in understanding.

"Look Mark," Grandfather said, "Just make sure your client knows you will need the holiday off. I know if you word it that way he will understand."

"I already informed my 'client' Grandfather..., but instead of hiring commercial transport this year, if you want, plan on traveling to Epsilon Four with Julie and me." I smiled at them and winked at Grandfather, "Can save you a few cred's, I have to stop by earth for some sort of a recall on my ship so I will be in the neighborhood."

Grandfather smiled, "Still trying to weasel your way into my will for the boat? Aren't ya boy." Then laughed at our private joke.

Nikita turned and smacked grandfather's arm, "Stop it you two. That old joke is getting old, as you are, ole man! And it is not like Markos couldn't afford to buy his own. Now Markos, thank you for the offer but we will see, I don't want to put you young kids out."

I smiled to both of them. I missed joking with them, especially Grandfather about his boat. What he didn't know. With Yiayiá's help I had slipped two million credits into their account, helping Grandfather, buy a bigger, better boat for his retirement. Not that I needed the money nor Grandfather with his Naval retirement, at the time, I already had the full purchase price for my Galveston sitting in a transfer account at the time, and I was making good money working part time with National Recoveries.