Sparrows Need Engineers Ch. 04: Found

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her face scowled, burned and frothed with anger, did they mess up her order? Would she shout at the small man in some kind of vile tone as she demanded he correct it and promptly.

"It's perfect." She hissed, her furrowed brow doing little to make her statement seem truthful.

"Rappashae?" Crames asked meekly, gulping as she turned her hateful stare to him, "Are you ok?"

Rappashae looked at him for a moment, then her face relaxing as she put a hand over her eyes and looked away. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I know that's weird, I like it. I really like this ramen."

Crames watched as she quickly picked up her sticks and spoon, wasting no time to catch some of the broth and sample it. He did the same, wondering if she would give him an explanation or if she would spend the rest of the meal in silence.

"I've done it since I was young." Rappashae said.

Crames looked at her, using his two eating sticks to grab a good bite of noodles and lift them out of the broth.

Rappashae ate a shrimp, chewing it and swallowing, "I had two siblings growing up, I was the youngest, so naturally I was the most tortured child of the home."

Crames chuckled slightly, not knowing how that felt but remembering his cousins that would sometimes pick on him. He could see she looked lighthearted over the bit of information, her lips making a lushes smooching pout as she blew air over the steaming broth and noodles she had collected.

"When I really liked something or was really happy about something, they would ruin it." She said, taking a bite and chewing.

"Awe, that's mean." Crames got out as he put a bit of squid in his mouth, startled for a moment over the odd consistency.

"SHO MEA-HA!" She said with a mouth full of food and in exasperation, quickly putting her head down in embarrassment. Gulping down the bite and collecting herself before speaking again, "They would break my toys, ruin my t.v. shows, try and steal my partners. It didn't matter what it was, they would always want to just fuck it up, for their own amusement!"

Crames nodded along, listening and watching her wave a hand as she recalled past actions of her cruel siblings.

"So, to fight this." She pursed her lips, "I started to show, hatred towards things I loved." She took another bite, gulping it down and continuing. "If I acted like I hated something, they wouldn't care about it. Dolls? I'd rip ones head off, they'd lose interest and I'd save the rest. T.v. shows, make fun of it and say I hated it, they would constantly want to watch it then. Say specific food was gross, they would leave it all for me and eat the other stuff."

Crames raised his eyebrows, slurping in a large portion of noodles as he turned his eyes to watch her.

"I've gotten out of the habit now, but the only thing that still remains is the glaring. People think I'm mad or upset with them, but that's just my face." She sulked her shoulders slightly, taking another bite and chewing it.

"Well that is sad," Crames said, "Adorable, but sad."

Rappashae smiled and shook her head, "My Givers tried, but my sisters always got away with it."

Crames raised an eyebrow, "Givers?"

Rappashae hesitated, looking at him for a moment and then back to her food. "Yes, Givers...we don't have a- um- mother and father."

Crames was about to ask when it struck him, most family members let their anatomy dictate whether they were a mother or father. But Futanaris had both, his eyes went wide as he looked into his bowl, his suspicion confirmed.

She was blushing, her eyes down in worry.

Crames wasn't fearful of her, but felt she was fearful of how he would react. "You're not human, can you tell me about 'Givers', so I can understand?" he asked, trying to get the conversation moving once again.

Rappashae looked at him, her meal seeming to take a backburner as she was wondering how much to divulge. "Well, my race doesn't have a mother or father title, due to we are all the same and can reproduce with whichever partner we desire. So growing up, we call our parents, Givers, since they give so much to you."

Crames smiled at the sentiment, seeing she loosened up to his response.

"Um, we have a Givra, and a Givha. Neither one means anything specific, but it's just a way to tell them apart." Rappashae found a bit of crab meat in her spoon, happy with how well this conversation and the meal was going. "You've probably heard the, 'Go ask your father' answer when you ask your mother something, ours is just 'Go ask your Givra' instead."

Crames finished his bite, swallowing eagerly to comment, "That's amazing, I would have never known that was a thing!"

Rappashae smiled, slurping her broth from her spoon.

"If you were with a human though, would you go by mommy, instead?"

*BLECHH*

Crames flinched as he heard Rappashae choke on her broth, coughing and dropping the spoon in her bowl as she looked away. "Oh, I'm sorry, I hope that wasn't offensive!" he said as he tried to look for a napkin.

"N-*cough* NO- it's not- *COUGH*COUGH*COUGH*" Rappashae took her glass of water, gulping some down as she used her own napkin to wipe her face. Coughing and trying to clear her throat, "No, no that's not bad, no we don't have a motherly sentiment like that to that name so it threw me off, no you're fine!" She said while trying not to cough again.

Crames felt terrible, but he also felt a small chuckle bubbling to the top, letting it slip as he tried not to embarrass her.

Rappashae heard him, beginning to laugh as well, happy they were getting along.

...July...

Crames sat at his desk, hidden away in his bedroom with the door locked and the clock ticking as the seconds went by. Holding his breath and keeping his mind clear, he felt his mouth salivating, he wanted to swallow but willed his body not to. Looking up to the roof with a vacant stare as he focused on controlling his natural reflexes and staying calm.

Feeling like enough time had passed he moved his hand to his mouth, taking hold of the rubber base that was pressing against his lips. He closed his eyes as his fingers took hold of the firm rubber, pulling and wincing slightly as his body threatened to gag over the sensation.

His lips loosening, the silicone veins of life becoming more and more visible as inches of a fake lover departed his throat cavity.

Pulling at an even pace, his eyes squinting as he watched it come into view, his throat slimming down again to its natural shape.

The wet slurp of the rigid head freeing from him, drool running down his cheeks as his lips couldn't hope to catch the copious amounts.

Now fully removed and swinging in the dim light just over his face, almost a year of training and his body could now be used to satisfy.

But satisfy who?

He closed his lips and let his brow tent in disinterest, resting the toy on the towel he had prepared for when he was finished. Sighing with tension as he tried to organize his feelings, tracing the faux wood grain lines of the desks top as he couldn't figure out what to do.

He looked at the clock, seeing it was just past four PM, looking under it and reading the date.

July 29th, his eyes losing focus as he rubbed his forehead, his long hair falling in the way for a moment. He hadn't gotten a hair cut in so long, he found he was having to push it all back and put it in a hair tie most days at work. The sprout of hair it produced wasn't too big, but it didn't look foolish he thought, and Rappashae agreed with him.

His thoughts stopped.

Twisting his lips and thinking about Tuesdays seafood dinners he began to enjoy on a more regular basis.

He took in a deep breath as he looked to the phone he had purchased for himself, under the advice of Jerec. His now best friend telling him he'd like a way to keep in contact with him, he put it off for a while, but eventually gave in and purchased one.

He reached for it, picking it up and looking at it as he tried to figure out what he was thinking. Unlocking the device and opening his contacts, he scrolled down the short list of names he had inputted.

Stopping as the one he searched for came on screen, the letters were so steady to his sight, despite his shaking hand.

A trembling finger commanding the device.

Quaint digital rings of attention grabbing alarm singing to his ears.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end of the line asked.

He paused, gulping before speaking with a slight shake in his voice. "Rappashae, it's Crames... Would you like to get Ramen tonight?"

There was little sign of hesitation, reformed calmness barely masking grinning glee.

"Of course."

......

Rappashae sat at the Ramen bar, glancing at Crames and seeing he was disappointed over something. She wondered if he had called her for fear of eating alone, rather than wanting to share her company. Pushing the worry down she spoke up, "Crames, is everything alright?" she asked.

Crames looked at her, "Did you not want to come?" he asked with a slight bit of anger, wondering if she had better places to be. Her long dark hair in a braided pony tail and running over her shoulder to fall in front of her, worry on her face as those striking eyes watched him.

"No, I enjoy spending time with you." She said in a caring tone, "But you look troubled, as my friend, I want you to know you can talk to me about anything."

Crames looked down, sighing as his bowl of Ramen was put in front of him by the small server. He looked at the pork and noodles, it wasn't Tuesday so they didn't have their seafood special that he knew Rappashae loved. "I'm just- I don't know... I- I don't know what to do."

Rappashae drove her sticks into the noodles pinching a helping and pulling it from the broth. "Hm, what are you having trouble with?"

Crames sipped his broth, "I've just been, um- waiting...I guess." He gulped, picking up a piece of pork from the bowl. "And...I think I'm getting tired of it."

Rappashae nodded, not being able to deduce much from the sparse information, but seeing it was tough for him to even give this much. "If you feel the need to wait, that is admirable, but you shouldn't be forced to wait. Time is the one thing we never get back."

Crames gulped down the bite he was working on, remembering a piece of advice from Tuegrin. "I'm in charge of my own happiness, I get that. But I don't know how to get there?"

"Well, it's just one step at a time." Rappashae said, "That's the only way we can move, you just take one step towards what you think will make you happy. But the thing is, the path isn't in a straight line, that's why it's only one. You make a little bit of progress, and you stop, then you take another step in the direction towards your happiness."

Crames slurped his meal as he turned his eyes to her, chewing and gulping down the bite. "But what if you misstep, or stumble?"

Rappashae chewed her pork, mulling over her answer as she finished the bite, "One step at a time, if you stumble, you pull yourself back up. Maybe even with the help of people you've met along the way. If you step in shit, well at least it was only one step and you didn't jump into it, so it's just one step back."

Crames thought of the advice, his mind piecing together the past steps he had taken as he had traveled. Looking at his noodles and seeing the resemblance to his own twisting and winding path, he paused as he tried to think of the next step. No leap forward, no crashing into the hard wall of failure, just one step forward. In the direction he thought would lead him to happiness.

"This place is pretty good, even when it's not Tuesday." Rappashae said quietly.

Crames looked at her, seeing her blow the steam from her noodles as she picked them up with the two sticks. Opening her mouth and taking them in, chewing them with a head nod of approval. Her dark skin having a thin shine of sweat as the bowl had been so hot while it was underneath her chin, catching the drops of broth that dribbled from her bite.

'One step.'

...August...

Crames made his way down the sidewalk, seeing the bank come into view and reading the display for a moment. Catching the phrase 'August specials coming to an end' as he looked to the front door, smiling when he saw Rappashae exiting.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked, raising an eyebrow?

"Yeah, did you need to stop by your home first?" Crames asked, seeing she was in her business attire still. A modest skirt and blazer that complemented her figure but held to the professional standards of her job.

Rappashae looked at Crames, the days were so humid and hot, she understood the man was tasked with washing shuttles at his work. But it did little to hinder his appearance, his skin kissed by the sun as his long hair was pulled back. The tank top he wore would have been great on its own, but he had tan lines from wearing a t-shirt at his work. The tan arms contrasting against the creamy complexion of his chest, his legs giving the same tantalizing sensation. The tan stopping mid-thigh and the glimpse of paleness just under the hem of his shorts.

She tried not to ogle him, but her greedy eyes did little to hide her interest.

"Rappashae." He said quietly.

She looked up to his face, seeing his cheeks were blushing.

"You're glaring again."

Rappashae could feel her brow glaring and her lips almost snarling, blinking and willing herself to relax she instantly switched to a calmer face. Trying to hide her own embarrassment, she looked away and down the street where they were supposed to go. "Sorry- the- the crepe shop, that's where we were going correct?"

Crames gave a sheepish smile, looking down the street as well, "Yes, it's down in the square."

The two began to walk, stumbling in conversation for the first few minutes before they gained traction and began to speak more casually. Entering the shipping towns large square and looking for the pop up crepe shop that had just opened for a short time.

"There it is!" Rappashae said, pointing to the crepe sign and seeing the quaint little shop just under it.

Crames followed her towards it, seeing she was so excited to try the food that so many people were raving about. Working their way up to the register as they picked their order from the menu, he watched Rappashae turn to look at him.

"What would you like?"

Crames gave little thought to the question, "I want the strawberry one, which one are you getting?"

"Blueberry with a lemon bar on the side." She said, turning back to the worker behind the register and speaking.

"Hello, can we get a blueberry and strawberry crepe, with whipped cream, and a lemon bar as well?"

"No problem." The worker said, taking Rappashaes payment card and beginning to finish the transaction. "Have that out for you in a moment, your order number is 779!"

Rappashae took back her card, hearing what her order number would be and stepping away, looking for Crames and seeing him looking at her.

"Um, how much do I owe you?" Crames asked.

Rappashae paused for a moment, "No, you don't owe me anything."

Crames furrowed his brow, looking down and pouting, "Y-You didn't have to do that."

"I'm sorry, did I offend you?" she said cautiously, "I really didn't mean to, it's just- I went ahead and did it without thinking."

Crames suddenly felt foolish, seeing she was truly hurt, "NO- no it's no big deal, I just didn't want you to think you had to- uh- spend your own money on me."

Rappashae pursed her lips, looking down and worrying.

"Rappashae?" Crames asked, "Are you ok?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel bad." She paused for a moment, "I- it's just- I'm sorry."

"No no, um, let's uh, wait for the food to come!" Crames said.

He wondered if he was being too defensive, was it really a bad thing that she would take the liberty of paying? He had worked hard for his own funds, he didn't want to seem like a burden on her. He winced as he remembered someone from his past, a dark haired woman who was upset that he couldn't pay. Trying to sift through his own feelings, he began to realize something.

"Crames, here's your strawberry crepe." Rappashae said, handing it to him as she held the paper tray with her blueberry crepe and lemon bar.

He took it in one hand, while resting his other hand on the back of hers, "Thank you, I'm not used to the kindness, and I just worry about burdening you."

Rappashae smiled, "You're not burdening me, if you would like, you can buy the next meal?" she said. Hoping he didn't harbor any ill feelings towards her actions.

Crames smiled, taking another step forward.

...October...

Crames was in an entirely new world as he looked at the large building, feeling a hand on his shoulder with a reassuring tone following.

"Have you ever been to a live performance before?" Rappashae asked.

Crames gulped, feeling the bow tie around his collar felt so tight, sweat pricking up as he felt out of place for a moment. He stood in a well fitted tuxedo, Jops craft ensuring he looked regal and proud even if his smaller self inside the dress attire didn't share the same sentiments. Turning he looked to Rappashae, being struck again by how ravishing she could be.

She wore the same black dress Jop had her try on in front of him before. The neckline high with a collar that wrapped around her, the long dress flowing to almost touch the floor as she wore a set of high heels. But what Crames hadn't seen then was the rear of the dress, seeing her walk in front of him and showing the striking visual.

It made a diamond shape, showing her shoulders and tapering down to a point that was just above her curvaceous rear. Crames was in awe of how Jop got the point to stop just low enough to have a man drool with want while observing it. Her back exposed with dark skin and sleek muscles writhing slightly as her hips sauntered.

Crames was wondering if the dress would have a slit up the side, but he wasn't disappointed when he found out it didn't. Instead, it made him appreciate the regal elegance the dress exuded, with just a touch of feminine beauty that could make anyone stop and appreciate.

She led him to the entryway, producing two tickets from a small handbag she carried. Seeing the usher smile and allow them to enter, Rappashae looked at Crames. "We'll be in the balcony, I really do appreciate you joining me here."

"Oh, thank you for inviting me, I've never been to anything like this." Crames responded.

Rappashae entered the seating area, happy to find their row empty of patrons and shuffling down it to sit in the center.

"Is there going to be a lot of people?" Crames said, looking around.

Rappashae smiled, "Actually, I wait until the show is about to close, then I buy a ticket so when I come it's usually less crowded."

Crames nodded, looking around and wondering what the show would be about.

"I enjoy dressing up and going out, I don't get to do it too often, but I try to make a point of treating myself and having a night like this when I can." Rappashae said quietly.

"What does a night like this include?" he asked in return.

Rappashae looked to the stage, seeing the curtains were still closed and the lights were beginning to dim. "I like to dress in something, elegant-" she felt slightly embarrassed at the formal word, "Or fancy, I mean. Then after a show, I go to dinner, usually to a wine bar that is down the street."

Crames caught her rewording her sentence, "You struck the mark with elegant, I do believe quite a few men were thinking the same thing as you entered."

Rappashae gave him a smirk with hooded eyes, "Is that so?"

Crames nodded, feeling flustered and blurting out something to try and change the subject, "Do you have your other friends join you?"

"Well, in truth, I go by myself."

Crames looked at her, seeing she was biting her lip as she watched the stage, he rested in his seat a little more. "Um- I'm glad you decided not to be alone on this one."

123456...8