Spellbound Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait Adam!" Jill called out. "We still haven't talked?!"

"What's there to talk about?"

"Everything!" Jill pleaded.

"Uh-huh, don't you all have a tour to finish," Adam spoke, shooing them away.

"I'm sorry Adam they just..."

"Don't worry about it Selena," Adam said, flashing her a smile watching how her cheeks heated. "It's not you're fault that an Earl can't keep his spoiled little brat in check." Loving how that vein in Edward's forehead was throbbing like mad.

"Adam, I know we have our differences but must you antagonize your stepfather?" Amanda sighed when Adam nodded very vehemently.

"It's the highlight of my day, plus, get this. That thing," pointing at Edward, "can't do a damn thing about it, since where I stand he is so far down the totem pole that I get a nose bleed just staring down at how low he is in the nobility," Adam said, staring right at Edward knowing what he had said was completely true. Edward just liked to mouth off about things he only could dream he could do. In their world an Earl was only slightly above a Baron who was nothing more than a commoner raised to the ranks of nobility. Noting how Selena was biting her lip trying not to laugh, after all, she was a Duke's daughter and it was the truth. "So if that's all I have work to do, and you have wasted enough of my time. Unless he's," pointing at Edward again, "willing to lick my shoes clean then we can continue this little chat. If not move along, I have better things to do than waste my breath on him and you."

"Very well Adam..." Amanda's voice stilled when Edward got down on his knees. Her eyes glanced back over to her son who was laughing like mad at the sight.

"What? I said he could lick my shoes clean, nothing about touching me," Adam said, shivering at the thought once he had dropped his shoes in front of Edward. "So...?" Rolling his hand for his mother to speak. After all she's the one who wanted to continue this conversation, not him. The humiliation of Edward was a very nice bonus.

"Where have you been?" Amanda asked, trying not to be disgusted at the sight of Edward's tongue moving over Adam's left shoe.

"Here. Next question."

"All three years?!" Amanda exclaimed.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell us when you came home?"

"Some reason I should have?" Adam asked, looking at his mother oddly.

"I'm your mother, you should have told me."

"Didn't see the point," Adam stated shrugging his shoulders. "Doubt you would have believe me anyway. Then again, I wasn't much of a priority to you once you ripped me from my home."

"Adam, how can you say that? Everything I've done has been for you, your brother, and sister," Amanda said, cupping her hand tighter around junior's mouth as he mumbled curses at Adam.

"No, no," wagging his finger, "you did it for yourself, at least be truthful with yourself. Anyone who knows you knows that," pointing at the crest on Amanda's robe, "is all you've ever cared about: your status," Adam said, in a cold, distant tone.

"Okay, maybe I do care about that, that doesn't mean I don't care about you as well," Amanda pleaded knowing that she had to get back in Adam's good graces.

"Uh-huh," Adam muttered flicking a piece of ear wax from his finger at Edward.

"We need to get back to our tour or..." Selena's voice trailed off; she knew Adam well enough to know he could care less about the two he had been speaking to.

"Yes, of course," Amanda nodded, holding her tongue when she noted the crest on the girls robe. "We apologize for... the interruption."

"When I start here, I'll find you. There won't be a place you can hide from me," Jill stated with determination as she glared at her older brother.

"Have fun with that," Adam said, offhandedly. Walking over towards Edward who had just finish with his task. "Well now, who's a good little noble, although as disgusting at it was to watch, it was amusing," he said, patting Edward's head, laughing madly as he walked back to his dorm.

All through the rest of the tour Amanda was eyeing her husband. She couldn't believe Edward would debase himself like he did. Sure, Adam might be of higher rank than they were now, yet her son didn't order Edward to lick his shoes clean. That was the only way to get the nobles of lesser rank to do anything that didn't benefit them outright. Wondering what else Edward had done to butter up to the higher ranks. Had she been so blinded by the wealth, the power, the prestige of being a noble that she didn't see it? Amanda couldn't say. However, now that she had seen it first hand, she had to agree it was disgusting and amusing. She didn't know her son had it in him to humiliate his stepfather like that. In public view as well! She wondered what else her son had learned since leaving her life.

"Don't you worry Dad, I'll get that upstart back for you," Edward Jr. said, with seething hate.

"Are you daft?!" Edward exclaimed. "You can't even measure up to him much less take him on in a duel! So let those better than you do your thinking for you," he said, dismissing his son.

Amanda watched it all in silence as her youngest son slinked away from his father in defeat. Was her eyes now opening to what, or more precisely who, Edward was as a man? Did she have blinders on when he was around the children? Amanda wished she knew. It seemed to her that Jason and Adam were the only two men in her life that had seen through Edward's façade and she just dismissed the two of them like it was nothing.

"Don't you listen, you're still a powerful mage," Amanda whispered into her son's ear to lift his mood. She knew junior always tried to earn his father's approval yet she knew that would never be, not with Edward's picky nature. "There's no shame in admitting that Adam is out of your league. Adam just happens to be the next Sage, no one was expecting that," she said, rubbing her son's back as Edward Jr. nodded. She surely wasn't expecting to find her son there at the most prestigious of colleges and wearing the symbol of the appointed Sage. That was one thing that never crossed her mind in the whole three years they had been estranged. Her gaze turned back to her husband, eyeing his back wondering if she had indeed made the wrong choice in divorcing Jason. Shaking the thought from her mind, it was too late to regret what had happen. She was now stuck in the marriage given how the word divorce was not in the noble's language. Amanda was forever tied to Edward, unless of course he died, then she would be free with all his money. Then the memory of the fight she and Adam had three years ago popped into her mind, wondering if Adam was right and if Edward was indeed sleeping with his attendant. She knew marital vows meant little to him, she would have to include herself in that assessment, given how he had seduced her when she was still married to Jason. It was something she would have to ponder as their guide continued their tour towards the administrative building.

"And that concludes our tour!" Selena said, with a happy smile once she had brought them back to their starting point. "I hope Blodselts meets your approval, and hope if, or when you start you'll love it just as much as I do," she stated looking right at Jill and Edward Jr. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to head to my dorm and change out of this," Selena said, gesturing to her clothes. "Big party tonight," leaning in to Jill, "Adam will be there," she spoke with a sneaky grin.

"Honey, take the kids home," Amanda said, laying her hand on her husband's arm after Selena had left them. "I need to speak with Adam about this Sage business. If he's this powerful, we need to get him on our side," she whispered low. Seeing the look of understanding in his eyes, Edward wasn't a fool. He might loath her son, but he wasn't a fool. Even he had to admit what a boon to their coffers it would be if they could attach their House name to Adam. Not that, that was what was going to happen if Adam wouldn't talk to her. "Don't worry honey, I'll find a way to get home," Amanda said, placing a kiss on her husband's cheek before walking off towards the dorm that housed her son.

"Adam! Please come talk to me!" Amanda shouted not knowing if her magic would get through the barrier. "I'll stand out here all night if I have to until you speak with me!" A smirk formed on her lips when she thought she heard the word 'fuck' as weak as it was due to wherever her son's dorm room was located. "Good, he's annoyed, that will make him make mistakes," Amanda said to herself as the front door to the dorm was thrust open roughly.

"Wasn't that talk enough for you?!" Adam growled.

"Invite me in."

"Why?"

"Because I want to talk, that's all," Amanda said, slyly noting how fit her son was. All mages were commanded to keep themselves in shape so they would have the stamina needed to continuously cast spells until their magjols ran out. The Sage, in extension her son, had to be at his or her peak of fitness to do battle with other Sages of the numerous other countries that dotted the world. The world had seen what a catastrophe a fat, out of shape, winded Sage could do to a country, that one of the smaller countries had put forth to settle a dispute between them and a larger country while their kingdom might still exist to this day, they were nothing more than vassals to the larger country. Hence why their King had set forth his decree for all the mages in their land.

"Fine, if only to get this over with," Adam sighed in annoyance. "I, Adam Bordun, the next Sage of the kingdom, grant you, Amanda Mortanhouse, permission to cross the barrier," he spoke feeling his tongue grow heavy just speaking that name.

"Thank you, son," Amanda said, in a soft tone once she had crossed the threshold. "Why don't you show me to your room so we can talk in private. Surely, you don't want our family drama aired for all to see," she said, with a coy smirk.

"Why not? I'd probably make a mint selling tickets to it," Adam said, leading her into his dorm.

"I don't doubt that," Amanda giggled. Her eyes moved down his back now that he was no longer wearing his robe. While mages weren't built to be muscled bound brutes, she could tell her son's torso had increased in size far more than any other mage she knew. Most were lanky, bordering on the sickly side, while her son held a healthy vibrant glow to him. She chalked that up to keeping up his fitness to fulfill his Sagely duties in the near future. "Oh my," Amanda gasped at the grandeur that greeted her once she had stepped into his dorm room. The room was fit for a King, literally. The gold leaf that glistened in the mage light overhead, the beautiful, rich red that dominated the majority of the field. The scrolls, and etched leaves that dotted the wall paper. To the low bubbling of the beaker as it sat over the Bunsen burner, the spell components that lined the selves for the more ritualistic spells, and lastly the enormous fireplace that appeared to have been used no more than a month ago. Amanda had to agree with Selena; this outshone those dorm rooms they had seen during their tour. Her nose wiggled at the enticing scent that called to her from Adam's little kitchen area. "Does it get cold up here?" Amanda asked, looking behind her as her son shut his door.

"Sometimes," Adam admitted.

"I'll have to get them some warmer clothes then," Amanda muttered flicking her left index finger down summoning the parchment scroll she used as her 'to do' list. "I'm sure that nice, big fireplace keeps this place rather warm during the winter months," she said, wondering what else her son had been doing in front of it or who for that matter.

"A little too well," Adam spoke as he moved past her making sure nothing he didn't want her to see was left uncovered, namely the Philosopher's stone he had finally managed to create over a month ago as the Elixir of Life drained from it.

"Adam, I know I taught you manners, aren't you going to offer your mother a seat and a beverage?" Amanda asked, in a motherly voice. Keeping her smile hidden when her son tilted his head back, "That coffee smells wonderful, I wouldn't mind having a cup," she said, lowering herself onto the couch that sat in front of the fireplace. Whispering the activation spell of the charm on her necklace she had placed on it while she walked towards his dorm. Wondering if it would work on someone as powerful as her son. There was no way she was going to let Adam hog all the spotlight for himself. If she had to sleep with her son to gain access to the fame, wealth, and power that would come with the Sage title once the current one stepped down or was killed in battle. Then she would, just so she and her family were taken care of. Plus, in truth, Adam was like a stranger to her. Even in his youth she never really understood him after her divorce from his father.

"Here," Adam uttered holding out the mug to his mother.

"Thank you, sweetheart." Muttering a spell below her breath sweeting the coffee just the way she like it. Patting the seat beside her, knowing the charm wouldn't work as well if he was separated from her beyond five feet. She wasn't like her son, her magjol count was only slightly higher than her youngest son. While she might be called powerful among the commoners, compared to her son, she was like the newly fallen snow on the blustering wind -- swept away with ease. Still, that didn't mean she didn't know a few tricks that her son might have never learned.

"What the hell?" Adam muttered in his mind when his body lowered himself down beside his mother. That was not where he was going to sit, nonetheless, he couldn't sense a spell, or any magic, that had made him sit down beside his mother.

"Mmm... that is quite good," Amanda sighed in bliss. She knew it had to be his rank for the reason Adam had access to the best beans. Not even Edward could procure such a lovely tasting coffee.

"Should be given the price of it," Adam muttered low.

"That's something else I'd like to speak with you about," setting down her mug on the coffee table, "how have you been supporting yourself? How can you afford to attend this place without Edward's and my help? Those spell components can't be cheap," Amanda said, point towards the shelf that housed them.

"I have my ways," Adam said, vaguely.

"Son," placing her hand on his left knee and leaning into him, "you can tell me, I promise I won't say a word to Edward. You know how he likes to suck up to those with power and money," Amanda uttered in a seductive tone. "I have to tell you he was going on and on about how he was going to get you to rejoin his House just so he can ride your coat tails," she lied, keeping her smirk hidden when Adam finally looked at her. That was the opening she needed; the flash of her charm played along her son's eyes knowing that she had him ensnared. "But don't you worry honey, I know you don't want anything to do with him. I'll try my best to discourage him from his pursuit. But in order to do so, we're going to have to talk you understand, right?" Amanda asked, slyly moving her hand along her son's inner thigh.

"I can handle that... ass," Adam sneered.

"That I don't doubt son, but even you can't outright kill a noble without facing consequences for such an action. We have to play this smart," Amanda said, while she hated to use these tactics on her son, it couldn't be helped. "We have to play the game. I know you don't like the choices I've made for us. Always know I've only done what I've done for my babies. You three are what's truly important," she said, gently caressing her son's cheek. "I understand what I've done has caused you to hate me, I can't blame you for that. Yet if we're going to try to keep a step ahead of Edward then we must work together. I don't want him getting his fingers into whatever will come from you're time as the Sage," Amanda spoke, keeping his attention on her as her hand continued its northern trek.

"And you think I'll just trust you?" Adam asked, accusingly.

"No. I do not. We've been at odds for too long for blind trust. Ask me anything and I'll answer the best that I can," Amanda uttered laying out the bait for her son.

"Which one was it, you or him?"

"Huh?"

"Who had my father killed, you or him?" Amanda could see that his anger, his hate was winning out against the charm. That was something she just couldn't allow. She needed to keep her son underneath the charm so she could work her way back into his life all so she could bask in the glory that would come when Adam took up the mantle of the Sage.

"Edward. I was against it wholeheartedly, yet he went ahead with it," Amanda lied. In truth, she had no idea who ordered Jason's death, she was as surprised as Adam was by the news yet she never showed it. She knew Adam must've heard their laughing at Jason's plight. She knew it was wrong, although at the time, Jason was becoming a rather large thorn in her side given how the courts were starting to side with him. Amanda could truthfully say she had no hand in Jason's death, she couldn't say the same thing about Edward though. It was possible Edward had Jason killed for the simple fact that Jason was dragging Edward's name through the mud in the papers. Edward was petty like that. Watching how Adam searched her eyes for any hints of deception on her part. Something she's grown quite good at hiding given her fifteen long years in the noble realm. Where assassinations were a fact of life, however shadowy they were. So she's had plenty of practice in keeping what she truly thought from reaching her face.

"I kind of figured it was him," Adam said, looking away. All the while his mind was working overtime to figure out why now, of all times, he would be so open with his mother. He knew there had to be magic involved. He just couldn't pinpoint it. If he could he would have ended it right then and there. Yet, as it was, Adam had to keep her talking until he could suss out the source.

"Tell me honey, what can I do to make you believe me?" Amanda asked, playing into her role.

"Strip."

"Excuse me?!" Amanda feigned her shock. It was exactly what she was hoping he would say. Incest was not a word known to them, given how the nobles and the royals all practiced linebreeding to keep commoners from acquiring titles.

"You want me to believe you, after all these years?! Then you have to embarrass yourself in front of your own son," Adam said, leaning back, gesturing to the spot before him.

"If that's what will get you to believe me," sighing, "I'll do it. Although I wonder where this need to see your mother naked has come from," Amanda teased, rising from her seat and slipping out of her heels. Standing between his legs, making him watch as she unbuttoned her shirt. The air of the room felt cool on her skin as she dropped her shirt to the floor, her bra soon followed allowing her son to view her 38C breasts. While she might be pushing forty-two years she did think her breasts still looked nice given her age. A sultry smile formed on her lips when her fingers took hold of the zipper of her ankle length skirt. Her eyes always on his when her thumbs hooked around the waistband of her panties as she pushed them down to the floor. "Is this what you wanted to see, Adam?" Her left hand ran along her stomach before cradling her left breast while her right hand toyed with her wet labia. Something she herself was quite surprised to find. Then again, it had been a few months since she and Edward had been intimate with one another given how Edward has been off visiting the holdings they have across the kingdom. "How about a closer look, hmm?" Her breasts swayed as she leaned forward, placing her hands on the back of his couch, bringing her right leg up, brushing her thigh against his while bringing her left up to join her other before she sat upon her son's lap.